[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest toho81

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ Writer Reveals Ending Could Have Been Different

The drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ could have a different ending if only time allowed.

*quoted image*

The drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ could have a different ending if only time allowed.

Script writer Jin Soo Wan of ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ revealed that the drama could have faced a different ending during an interview on March 16. The death of Jung Il Woo’s character has been set from the beginning. But except the death of Jung Il Woo it seems everything else was different from what the writer has been thinking.

The drama faced difficulty with editing and post-production towards the end due to MBC’s union labor strike. The drama even experienced delay due to the director of the drama to join the strike with only two episodes remaining. Due to the tight schedule of filming the writer who was in charge of the script wasn’t able to stretch out her imagination.

The conclusion that writer Jin was thinking was a bit different. She wanted to have Yoon Dae Hyung who planned the rebellion not to be killed on the spot but to be captured alive and to have a fierce political battle between Yoon Dae Hyung and Lee Hwon.

Writer Jin shared, “I wanted to make the story so that Yoon Dae Hyung continues the political battle despite the fact that her daughter has committed suicide. For his death to be just the same as Ali.”

“Also after Hwon closes Bo Kyung eye’s he goes to Heo Yeon Woo but I wanted to have a scene where Lee Hwon is in tears by himself. But due to the lack of time we had to make it short and that leave a strong impression.”

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ successfully concluded after a long 3 months journey with the last episode aired on March 15 with an average rating of 42.2%

cr:kpopstarz

So, here we go with various scenerios by the writer for the ending. But time constraint????????? :rolleye

That would have been a nice detail but I rather Yang Myung die saving his brother. The way he went out was way too painful for me. I'm still stuck with feeling his pain right now

:) hello ... anyone know where i can download this clip from MBC :

BTS Kiss ep. 20

this clip soooo funny :P ... KSH & HGI supposed to keep on kissing but Hyung Sun just too funny ... so they cant stop laughing ... i capture the scenes from the clips ... loooove KSH & HGI chemistry :wub:

11j53tj.jpg

lol at the Sun and Moon bowing to each other... :D

I felt kinda touched read the comments at bestiz for this picture. they all say how it has been hard on HGI and saying how they'll always going to support her after this... most of posts that I read at bestiz, HGI definitely gain a lot of new fans from her YW/Wol character. though she still lack in acting, through this drama, she definitely move to another phase in her life as an actress and not just a mere beautiful actress anymore. Kudos Han Gain unnie :w00t:

just like what the writer-nim of this drama said in an interview, there's no other Yeon Woo than GainYeonwoo ^_^

the ending credit. if you guys realize, the young Hwon famous line, "잊어달라하였느냐..잊어주길바라느냐

미안하구나.. 잊으려하였으나, 너를 잊지 못하였다" was also being said by adult Hwon also :wub:

[url="http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?

... cheerssss to HGI !!! :wub:

which famous line ??? the "i can't forget you" ?

i wish MBC give us TMTETS Special ... where they interview all the casts together & show us some BTS scene ...

a full 2 hour episode, at least .... *wishful thinking* (no. 1 ....) :P

and also ... to Korean fans ... is there any other "good-romantic-juicy novel" from TMTES author ???

if yes, please send petition to MBC to make it as drama adaptation :D ... *wishful thinking* (no. 2 ....)

BTS Kiss ep. 20

this clip soooo funny :P ... KSH & HGI supposed to keep on kissing but Hyung Sun just too funny ... so they cant stop laughing ... i capture the scenes from the clips ... loooove KSH & HGI chemistry :wub:

*quoted image*

Kelcy I LOVE YOU!!!!! Hahahha!

Chincha, chincha kumapta! Nomo nomo nomo chuaeyo!

Can somebody please translate it for us?

Did I see it right??? They are still holding hands while laughing???!!!! :wub: :wub:

BTS Kiss ep. 20

*quoted image*

lol yeah... I love their chemistry too... :D

you should see the comments by netizens at bestiz... some of them was actually glad that Gain is a married woman cause if she's not, they has assumed that these 2 can be a couple or something lol :lol:

they just love the chemistry between them and always wish for them to have a project of drama or cf with each other again in future ^_^

I laugh so much at this clip. HS even yelled at them and say "Just keep ppo ppo 뽀뽀 (kiss) dont keep laughing" XD well they have like a bunch of NGs because of him LMAO :lol:

@kelcy yep it's the "I cant forget you" line ^^

-EDIT-

Janshil with Nokyung and Seol at the farewell party. so sad that YeonWoo cant join them :(

8wNsA.jpg

cr:Bae Nuri's twitter

ok.. sorry. i too lazy to track back my last post to edit and comment about last ep.. (yeah... im always late)

ok....the rebellion isn't look as epic as chinese one.. but still it's a good scene

i didn't cry much when YM died, but i cry a river when Woon talk to him(soul or whatever it is), and asked is he still a friend. OMG cry a river... T_T it's so touching.. and sad.

then... i agree with how the king punished MH, i cried when YW talk too MH.

it's a good thing MH isn't a princess anymore, at least Yeom can back working at the palace.

The king get re-married with YW, yeah... i love it so much.. hahaha

the getting impatient, i love way tooo much... ahahha

The rofl when the crown prince calling Woon as just WOON!! OMG...i know it's all because of the status, he has to call him like that..

but still i couldn't make use to it.. lol.. a kid call grown up man (tht can be his ajussi) by his name 'WOON' rofl...

+lol-ing when the king said, his prince like Woon more than his own father.. hahaha..

ending.. love it so much^^

nw the man who help the king investigate (i forgot his name) already wears red minister robe^^ love it.

the king use money for his wife birthdy celebration for the citizen, i love it

the king prepare the present himself (which is failed), i still love it.

The king still asked HS turn around when he annoyed, i love it very much.

THE KISS IS PERFECT!!

OVERALL I LOVE IT ALL^^

The best drama to start the year. Hope the spring dramas will be better or at least as good as this^^

lol yeah... I love their chemistry too... :D

you should see the comments by netizens at bestiz... some of them was actually glad that Gain is a married woman cause if she's not, they has assumed that these 2 can be a couple or something lol :lol:

they just love the chemistry between them and always wish for them to have a project of drama or cf with each other again in future ^_^

I laugh so much at this clip. HS even yelled at them and say "Just keep ppo ppo 뽀뽀 (kiss) dont keep laughing" XD well they have like a bunch of NGs because of him LMAO :lol:

@kelcy yep it's the "I cant forget you" line ^^

-EDIT-

Janshil with Nokyung and Seol at the farewell party. so sad that YeonWoo cant join them :(

*quoted image*

cr:Bae Nuri's twitter

YW is not with them because she went back and stayed with her true family. kekekke!

I wish you can translate for us the content of the bts. I am dying to know what HGI told Hwon after breaking off with the kiss and also the convo with Hwon, PDnim and HS in the end. chebal!!!!!

I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms too!

Just realized Nk's friend, the male shaman, he disappeared after Hwon and BK's failed consummation night :D. Yeah, not enough screen time for him anyway. But the fact that he just disappeared after doing such a great job is fun, isn't it? :D

So YM's death was planned from the beginning, but the way the writer fleshed out his death isn't persuasive to me :(.  

Anyone knows when the DVD-uncut will be out?  :D

YW is not with them because she went back and stayed with her true family. kekekke!

I wish you can translate for us the content of the bts. I am dying to know what HGI told Hwon after breaking off with the kiss and also the convo with Hwon, PDnim and HS in the end. chebal!!!!!

you're welcome, dearrrr :D ... about their hands, i think sooo, too ... looking at the position, rite ^_^

eyyy, is my PM came through ???

@amiliyana90 ... please ... pleaaaase translate :wub:

and thank you for sharing info from bestiz ..

i wish i can understand the language :P

Guest toho81

ok.. sorry. i too lazy to track back my last post to edit and comment about last ep.. (yeah... im always late)

ok....the rebellion isn't look as epic as chinese one.. but still it's a good scene

i didn't cry much when YM died, but i cry a river when Woon talk to him(soul or whatever it is), and asked is he still a friend. OMG cry a river... T_T it's so touching.. and sad.

then... i agree with how the king punished MH, i cried when YW talk too MH.

it's a good thing MH isn't a princess anymore, at least Yeom can back working at the palace.

The king get re-married with YW, yeah... i love it so much.. hahaha

the getting impatient, i love way tooo much... ahahha

The rofl when the crown prince calling Woon as just WOON!! OMG...i know it's all because of the status, he has to call him like that..

but still i couldn't make use to it.. lol.. a kid call grown up man (tht can be his ajussi) by his name 'WOON' rofl...

+lol-ing when the king said, his prince like Woon more than his own father.. hahaha..

ending.. love it so much^^

nw the man who help the king investigate (i forgot his name) already wears red minister robe^^ love it.

the king use money for his wife birthdy celebration for the citizen, i love it

the king prepare the present himself (which is failed), i still love it.

The king still asked HS turn around when he annoyed, i love it very much.

THE KISS IS PERFECT!!

OVERALL I LOVE IT ALL^^

The best drama to start the year. Hope the spring dramas will be better or at least as good as this^^

I cried when Yang Myung actually died, but I also cried harder when woon talk to his ghost. I felt pain for Yang Myung and Woon's sadness is losing his friend. I would say pretty much YM was Woons best friend because they were both born from concubines and therefore Woon had a general understanding and connection for YM

you're welcome, dearrrr :D ... about their hands, i think sooo, too ... looking at the position, rite ^_^

eyyy, is my PM came through ???

@amiliyana90 ... please ... pleaaaase translate :wub:

and thank you for sharing info from bestiz ..

i wish i can understand the language :P

I rewatched the bts twice in detail and they were really holding hands

Guest toho81

Heh. I gotta be honest. Sometimes I wish HGI is not married. She + KSH look so good together. The heck with age gap coz whenever they're side by side, it's hard to believe that she's 30 and he's 23. Bad bad me :sweatingbullets:

Hey I also think they look good together and can't tell their age gap either. Yang Myung looked good with her too, but give her poor husband a chance. He is also a charming handsome guy. HGI and KSH can just be in more great shows together LOL.

Guest toho81

i miss hwon..... tears.gif:(tears.gif

U are not alone. This drama had its fault but I still love it forever. I miss YM too. I want to say again besides being so impressed by Hwon, Jung il Woo's acting blew me away. I know he was leading man in Flower boy Ramyun shop, but no offense to his character, many actors can act as a dumb, spoiled rich boy. But Jung is the only Yang Myung for me. No offense to Joo Won who was originally chosen, but Jung was more perfect for the role.

U are not alone. This drama had its fault but I still love it forever. I miss YM too. I want to say again besides being so impressed by Hwon, Jung il Woo's acting blew me away. I know he was leading man in Flower boy Ramyun shop, but no offense to his character, many actors can act as a dumb, spoiled rich boy. But Jung is the only Yang Myung for me. No offense to Joo Won who was originally chosen, but Jung was more perfect for the role.

hahaha you are still in here too...

well said...not only JIW, everyone in here are fit with the character.. I couldn't imagine if these characters played by other actors....

Guest toho81

well said...not only JIW, everyone in here are fit with the character.. I couldn't imagine if these characters played by other actors....

Yup I can't leave here. I think it's Jung's fault lol. His ending scene bought too much pain for me that I'm having a hard time letting go. Lol I feel like Yang Myung not being able to let Yeon Woo go even if it's painful. I can't let the show go yet too because YM's ending was too painful for me. I get offended hearing people complaining why Jung took a second role like this, but i totally see that he knew this role was complicated and would push his acting. This is the 5th Jung drama i saw and i believe its his best role. don't know if u saw me at Feast of Gods also. That's my #2 show at mbc but can't beat my #1 lol

Me too! :D Everybody owned their characters and I couldn't imagine another actress/actor playing for the role.

Please translate the bts for the kiss please!!!! Their sweetness is really killing me and I must say that they have gotten really close and comfortable with each other that I would like to wish that HGI isn't married just like azuwaza mentioned. :wub: :wub:

my second post in this thread......

I have lost count as to how many time I repeated The Moon. I lost a lot of "sleep" because of the moon. I constantly have this runny nose because of constant crying and less sleep. Sleep 3am every day since I started doing marathon - Well I started lateeeee (when MBC aired eps 18) that was like 3 week ago. So doing marathon of downloading and marathon of watchin both at the same time within 3 days (18 eps)

I read in some blog/forum that this drama could be more... For me TMTETS is just perfect (well with a few minor flaws). Agree about poor development of the 3 character -Yeom, Un and Seol. Other than that everything just right for me.

Some hate the ending esp when prince myung dies. I think it's the perfect ending for him and within this few episode his role became significant and important or else the talented Jong Ill Woo (whom I loooooovee sooooo much in 49 Days) just become another "fly" another "bug" that sometime irritate me so much (forcing someone to love him). Thank god he died with dignity (I don't consider his death as suicide), I consider his death as noble sacrifice to ensure the future of Joseon. If he remain alive, the impact of a hero is not there (IMO). When he died, he became my hero...... and his role is no longer an irritating 2nd hero with no dignity (I love JIW, I pity him that he was the 2nd Prince esp during the middle of the drama) his role became weak and started to move to the direction of someone we would eventually hate (but I had strong feeling that he was with the King all time and he was not really taking over anything). So thank you writer for making my JIW a hero at last :wub:

Well .. King Hwon :wub:,

whenever I think about him my lip will start to curl and eventually it will break into tiny giggle. I love that boy so much, I am amaze at KSH talent, I saw his potential in snow christmas something. Then in DH he further confirm his status as a grade A actor and TMTETS he further nail his status as one of the rare species.. Hehehe... he is not just good... He is rare.. His talent is rare... I hope he will not become another Won Bin that only concentrate on Film.... I want to see him a lot more in the small screen... yes I am greedy, I don't want him to forget the small screen once his talent discovered (like Won Bin and others character actors).

When he played the gayaguem.... I didn't espect such thing.. I literally roll on the floor laughing until I cried kekekekekkeekek... He was so so so funny.

his exasperated expression is priceless and when an old "King" throw tantrum it is just so so so so cute.

Well I have said too much... one more thing.. it's a good thing that Seol died defending Yeom or else she'll become another useless, insignificant character. she would just fade in the background and would leave so much impact.

So to the ending almost perfect....EXCEPT.....

The prime minister should not be killed that fast.... He should be tortured to death... Tortured for a few months and make sure that he can't kill himself you know like hang him self or bang his head somewhere... He should be tied up, tortured. the only way he could commit suicide is just by bitting his tongue, that's should be it, he should be tortured until he can't take it and bit his tongue, commit suicide....

Wahhhhh... What a way to die....

TMTETS shall be in my top list ... My most fav drama of all time despite it flaws .... well not every historical drama should just focus on politics and battle and sword and whatnot...... Once in awhile I want a historical drama that is full of romance like TMTETS.... We had a lot of those political, war historical drama (less focus on romance)..... So to me TMTETS - Just -Perfect-