[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest pansy

The Best and Worst Actors of ′The Sun and the Moon′

2012-03-16 17:23 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/conte..

Translation Credit : Stewart Ho

MBC’s The Sun and the Moon ended with a bang, drawing over 40 percent in viewership ratings, and earning the title of ′nation′s drama.′

It wasn’t only the strong script from Jung Eun Kwal, but the passionate acting of the actors that helped make it a success.

But among the actors there were those that shined and those that fell a bit flat over the course of the drama. Who were the greatest winners and losers of The Sun and the Moon?

Bravo! Perfect~

From its beginning, The Sun and the Moon’s child actors received much praise. Yeo Jin Gu, who portrayed the younger version of Lee Hwon, actress Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Min Ho captured the hearts of adult viewers by portraying the childhood romance perfectly. Even after the series ended viewers asked to see more of the child actors and many of them went on to film CF’s with their adult co stars.

But of course, the biggest beneficiary from the drama was :wub: Kim Soo Hyun. Through this production Kim created a “King Hwon Syndrome” and went on to collect some five billion won in endorsement deals.

His everyday life and everything about his became an issue while his song for the drama’s OST Another Road became a hit on the music charts. Jung Eun Pyo who starred as Kim’s sidekick also brought comedic relief to the drama and to viewers, earning much love.

Very Good. We Look Forward to Your Next Work

The Sun and the Moon was Han Ga In’s :wub: first historical drama. She was met with a lot of concern over her ability to take on a historic character role in relation to her experience as an actor.

The first six or seven episodes that she appeared in sparked a lot of controversy because of her acting abilities. However, Han began to take command of her facial expressions to create her own Heo Yeon Woo character. Her visible growth in acting through the drama drew praise from viewers, who commented that they look forward to seeing her in her next work.

Jeon Mi Sun, who portrayed Yeon Woo’s adoptive mother, Nok Young, turned out to be a charismatic character that was crucial for the drama.

Her character’s acts of black magic were convincing and her commanding gaze conveyed much even when her character did not speak any lines.

Kim Min Seo, who portrayed the queen, also can′t be left out. The scenes where her character went mad after seeing the apparition of a ghost and the scene where her character ends her life in the final episode made for a realistic portrayal of someone who had lost their mind. Though Han, Jeon and Kim’s roles diminished as the series progressed, their roles came together harmoniously.

Something was a bit lacking~ Try harder next time

As such a diverse range of characters were shown, there were some roles that were, frankly, a bit of a let down.

Those few were Lee Won Geun and Song Jae Lim, who portrayed Hwon’s royal guards, Song Jae Hee, who portrayed the adult Heo Yeom, Nam Bo Ra, who played Princess Minhwa and Yun Seung Ah, who acted as Seol.

The character Woon, was one of the most stand outs of the drama, and was the role most coveted by rookie actors. The production staff decided to select the role through auditions, through which idol group ZE:A’s Im Si Wan was selected for the younger adult version of Heo Yeom and earned great popularity.

But Lee Won Geun’s portrayal of the younger version of Woon lacked charisma and acting ability, which led to the decreasing of his role. Unfortunately, Song Jae Lim also failed to match the level of acting needed to portray the adult Woon.

According to a member from the production, “Initially we were going to portray Woon falling into a one-sided love with Yeon Woo bringing conflict between the troops and lovers. We wanted a character like Lee Jung Jae from the past drama Hourglass who commanded a lot of gravity but since the roles were filled with rookies, the characters ended up being somewhat average characters. Because of this they didn’t have many lines.”

In addition Princess Min Hwa’ villainous role drew some viewers away while Yun Seung Ah who garnered much love from her previous dramas as a main actress, became relegated to a minor role after the popularity of her on-screen love interest, Heo Yeom, plummeted.

Which characters did you find the most compelling, and which just faded from your memory?

Photo credit: MBC

http://www.enewsworld.com/Upload/News/Contents/16085516.jpg

Yeo Jin Gu, Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Min Ho ---> couldnt agree more *thumbs up* and looking forward to their next drama ... soon please :wub:

Kim Soo Hyun what can is say *siiigh* "Through this production Kim created a “King Hwon Syndrome" ---> this says it all !!! ... stay healthy jeonna :wub: ... more drama with HGI or KYJ pleaaaase ...

Han Ga In ... it started rough for our unnie .. but with her great efforts .. finally, she shines !!! :wub: --> more drama with KSH pleaaaase ...

Nam Bo Ra ... kinda flat at first ... but the last 3 eps. she's much improving :D

Guest plumblossoms

^

I want to buy it *O*

I'm so sad the drama has ended. I can't believe the episodes flew by so fast!

I have mixed feelings towards near the ending, I liked it but at the same time = /

This is random, but I read an article on tvdaily about the writer was thinking about for Woon/Seol = love or friendship? I don't remember since I just skimmed...though because of no episode extension they decided not to go with that plot :(

Hyung Sun is adorable, I really liked him at the end XD

OMG, I am just rolling on the floor laughing.

You are killing me!! Gabjumz

So here I am checking out the thread and I see that you posted something. I am so deep into your post and agreeing with everything you are saying and so moved at each paragraph and then you end with such wise words of wisdom for us gutter girls to take home. IT's priceless!!! Yes,we should put that in our rule book of Gutter Girl 101!!

Once a gutter girl, will always be a GUTTER GIRL! Hahahhaha! :wub:

You guys have been my companion these past few months and I am really thankful for that. It is good that we will still meet each other in the SPEEDO thread! hahhaha! :wub::wub:

ms.ozera, thanks for the gif! haay! I REALLY LOVE THE KISS! This is one reason why I forsake Mr. Vampire prosecutor and wish HGI and KSH in real life.. hhahahha!

There are things I always look forward whenever I am watching a drama aside from being entertained, the moral lessons it wanted to impart to the viewers.

Aside from YW and Hwon’s unconditional and undying love for each other despite the test of time, I love their ideals, their attitude towards life and the people around them.

They both know how to be grateful and appreciate the people who help and have been loyal to them regardless of their status without disregarding justice and equality.

I am specifically touched when YW asked a favor to Hwon about seeing NK. Hwon told her why she wanted to see her despite putting her in danger and almost killing her and YW replied that she might not fully forgive her but she cannot disregard the fact that she saves, love and have been her mother for the past eight years. This made me think, how great YW can be as Queen.

The conversation with MW solidifies the Queen image for me. Some may expect a forceful confrontation between them but I have learned to understand YW and her character, I might be wrong but I love how she handles the issue with MW. I love how she said; I will forgive you for the sake of his majesty, my brother and for being there for my mother but please live to atone for your mistake. Sometimes, words hit harder than action.

For Hwon, I love how he treats Woon and Hyun Sung. He has not regarded them as his servant or guard but he treated them as his family, friend and father. I truly and sincerely love his relationship with these two especially with Hyun Sung.

Second, the King is still human. He might be the most powerful man politically speaking but he cannot be exempted from human weaknesses. I love how they showed Hwon’s imperfections like how poorly he plays the gayageum and the stick game. I appreciate also the fact we see him sad and we see him cry when he is hurt, a diversion from the conventional kingly image of being strong, emotionless and inhuman at times.

Third lesson, our fate is within our hands. It will be our choice how we wanted to live our life and whatever legacy we wanted to leave. These are the things I’ve learned from YM and Seol’s character. It was a painful death but they have chosen it for themselves. Though we regret losing them, their lives are within their hand. They could have avoided it but they chose to end it that way.

Lastly, YOU CAN NEVER EVER FIND HAPINESS WITH UNREQUITED LOVE so gutter girls please refrain yourself from engaging in this kind situation. You don’t want to end up like BK who died a VIRGIN, right???? Kekekk!  :P :P  

Yeah! I absolutely agree with you! That is one of reasons why I find so much love with this drama! I will live best with the lessons from this!

Aa... Seriously, I'm having a bad withdrawal. Hee.. I'm still stalking this thread [as if this is another Saturday where we spazz about this week ep while waiting for cruel MBC to release spoiler pics coz we know text preview will only be out by Monday]

@gabjumz Annyeong sweetie! Well said! Agree with you!!

Whatever, I will continue to stalk until I feel like moving on. Keep posting peeps! [i'm going to pretend there's gonna be ep 21 next week.]

This is just another typical Saturday!

Aa... Seriously, I'm having a bad withdrawal. Hee.. I'm still stalking this thread [as if this is another Saturday where we spazz about this week ep while waiting for cruel MBC to release spoiler pics coz we know text preview will only be out by Monday]

Whatever, I will continue to stalk until I feel like moving on. Keep posting peeps! [i'm going to pretend there's gonna be ep 21 next week.]

unnie, me too!!! i still stalking here to see any new post... and right now replaying the drama from episode 1...

It is good see that most of us are still here, withdrawal syndrome will be easier to bear with the help of MoonSun chinggus. :wub::wub:

I hope to still see your great convo with hubby. hehhehe! I REALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENTS and that's one thing I will surely miss once you bid goodbye to this thread! tears.giftears.gif

The series may have thought me great lessons BUT IT BROUGHT OUT THE WORST IN ME AS WELL.

1. I become a STALKER (of this thread).

2.I developed pimple just like YW and YM as for the past two weeks, I have not been able to sleep early as I’ve always been thinking about new posts here and subtitle update.

3.I’ve lost my discipline and I barely managed and keep tract of my time table. Hhehehe!

Having said so, it is still incomparable with the pleasure of ENJOYING THE SERIES WITH GREAT PEOPLE like all of you :wub::wub: and it is THE BEST WAY TO RELIEVE ALL THE STRESS AWAY and MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG..... AT HEART!

Guest knightkiss

withdrawal symptom will be hard to erase especially with a drama as great as this. hahaha. will keep reading here for sure. ill be joining the fun at love rain and rooftop prince so ill see you guys there too!

aaand i really want to buy that ost! i especially want that booklet :D

Guest timpa

I agree with a lot of the points from enewsworld...Especially in regards to the adult version of Heo Yeom. I found the adult actor(Song Jae Hae) quite boring and for a character that supposedly was so good looking he caused women to swoon over him I didn't find him 'extremely attractive' in that sense either.

It was a shame because I really liked Yoon Seung Ah's portrayal (I was a fan of her coming into this) and it was nice to see her getting a dramatic role after playing the comedic lead in All My Love most of last year. Unfortunately her time on screen was cut because of not having an adult actor capable of bringing to life Heo Yeom in a way that the writers wanted. So his scenes were reduced.

I sort of disagree on Nam Bora though. I thought she did a pretty good job with what she had. I think part of the problem was the way the writers portrayed the character, but I thought she was good in the part.

I can't leave out the two main leads... Kim Soo Hyun continues to be fabulous and has established himself as one of the top leading men in Korea and is part of the next generation of male actors... but Han Ga In really made her career on this drama. She's always been considered just a pretty face (similar comments are made about Kim Tae Hee) , but I thought HGI was great in this.

I again disagree with the remark that she was bad in the beginning because I think she was playing Wol the way the writers wanted Wol played. I think when you saw her change was when Wol changed and that was when Wol remembered her past. It's not like HGI suddenly flipped a switch and went from not being expressive to suddenly showing more emotions. It's that the CHARACTER flipped a switch and went from someone who had no memories of a past and was raised completely sheltered for 8 years believing she was a shaman and had to give up her life/freedoms/feelings to that... to suddenly remembering she was a person and getting her life back.

I'm not going to say I don't think HGI improved as the series went along, but I don't think the way Wol was initially was because of 'bad acting', but rather the intended attitude of the character.

It is good see that most of us are still here, withdrawal syndrome will be easier to bear with the help of MoonSun chinggus.  :wub:  

I hope to still see your great convo with hubby. hehhehe! I REALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENTS and that's one thing I will surely miss once you bid goodbye to this thread!  :tears: 

The series may have thought me great lessons BUT IT BROUGHT OUT THE WORST IN ME AS WELL.

2.I developed pimple just like YW and YM as for the past two weeks,  I have not been able to sleep early as I’ve always been thinking about new posts here and subtitle update.

3.I’ve lost my discipline and I barely managed and keep tract of my time table. Hhehehe!

Having said so, it is still incomparable with the pleasure of ENJOYING THE SERIES WITH GREAT PEOPLE like all of you   :wub:    and it is THE BEST WAY TO RELIEVE ALL THE STRESS AWAY!

hahaha... The same to me! TMETS has disordered my usual life a lot until now! I’ve had a little bit neglect to my work routine as a copywriter. I cannot focus to produce any idea but always think about Sun and Moon and Rain, as well as good living lessons and classic lines, etc.  I’ve found it was too hard to sleep coz my mind was full of MoonSun’s images. I’ve kept groping into MoonSun’s fan-pages and reading the comments and smiled and shared just exactly like a foolish addict.  :sweatingbullets: Affirmatively, I am not a Korean showbiz’s fan or Korean movies’ fan at all. I have also never done silly acts like that way before.

The Moon Embracing The Sun... This is the first time there’s a Korean drama knock me out.  But I am fine! I feel OK with that coz my life seems to be sweeter and more relaxing than before when I just knew job and client and deadline. I am happy with that! I love TMETS so much! I love everything about it. Now I feel a little bit empty... Thanks Gods it ends or I will be crazier! :rolleyes: I am happy and ready to think about saving time to find a wonderful love story like LeeHwon & Yeon Woo for my own! Bless me! Life is wonderful at the end! :wub:

Thanks the drama’s team for giving me such a great delicious food for my mind and flying my life some time! :wub:

It is good see that most of us are still here, withdrawal syndrome will be easier to bear with the help of MoonSun chinggus.  :wub:  :wub:

I hope to still see your great convo with hubby. hehhehe! I REALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENTS and that's one thing I will surely miss once you bid goodbye to this thread!  tears.gif  tears.gif

2.I developed pimple just like YW and YM as for the past two weeks,  I have not been able to sleep early as I’ve always been thinking about new posts here and subtitle update.

Having said so, it is still incomparable with the pleasure of ENJOYING THE SERIES WITH GREAT PEOPLE like all of you   :wub:  :wub:  and it is THE BEST WAY TO RELIEVE ALL THE STRESS AWAY and MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG..... AT HEART!

Same in here unnie @azuwaza163 and @gabjumz unconsciously still stalking this thread since it becomes a habit for this last two months  :ph34r:

reading Gabjumz post also make me want to share my story, this MoonSun virus so change me so much into this person, that was so not me... Coz I usually watch k-drama marathon, waiting the complete episodes first. So this is my first time watching live streaming and this is the first time I thirst for what happen to the serial, and the first time click on Soompi, and even have Log In in here sweatingbullets.gif and not just that, now, I even like to post to show my opinion, seeking an explanation, and to show my gratitude to all MoonSun lover here, since in my community in here.. I'm the only MoonSun-er *even though now, I have successfully influenced two of my friends w00t.gif

And the worst part, I like to reading recap and this forum post in my office, made me go smile and sad alone in from my laptop, which makes many of my colleague at work staring at me suspiciously like I'm not in my mind

I am wondering, and I'm not so sure the next drama will give such impact to me. So just like unnie @azuwaza163 posted "I will continue to stalk until I feel like moving on" :)

*hahaha* me, too ... will check YesAsia

*quoted image*

source : TheMoonEmbracingTheSunKdrama

@Farewell party last night ... HGI bowing .. saying thanks to all ... then HGI & KSH bow to each other ... then to PD nim

.. they're sooooo humble ... love them :wub:

lol at the Sun and Moon bowing to each other... :D

I felt kinda touched read the comments at bestiz for this picture. they all say how it has been hard on HGI and saying how they'll always going to support her after this... most of posts that I read at bestiz, HGI definitely gain a lot of new fans from her YW/Wol character. though she still lack in acting, through this drama, she definitely move to another phase in her life as an actress and not just a mere beautiful actress anymore. Kudos Han Gain unnie :w00t:

just like what the writer-nim of this drama said in an interview, there's no other Yeon Woo than GainYeonwoo ^_^

group photos of TMTETS production team at the farewell party

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=4&sn1=&divpage=22&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=132316

cr: 유로파 @ bestiz

the ending credit. if you guys realize, the young Hwon famous line, "잊어달라하였느냐..잊어주길바라느냐

미안하구나.. 잊으려하였으나, 너를 잊지 못하였다" was also being said by adult Hwon also :wub:

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=7&sn1=&divpage=22&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=132227

cr: 섬섬옥수 @bestiz

The different action of Hwon when he was with Wol, Bokyung and Yeonwoo.

with the women that he didnt know, he's so harsh yet with his woman, YW, he's so gentle with his movement... awwww... :wub:

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=3&sn1=&divpage=22&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=132341

cr: 김구라 @bestiz

[120316] Han Gain, Jung Ilwoo and Kim Soohyun arrival at the farewell party

[120316] Kim Soohyun, Jung Ilwoo and Song Jaerim fancam at the farewell

the 3 bromance between them :wub:

Sohyun (Young Bokyung) and Jingu

rte8p.jpg

cr: Sohyun's minihompy

cr all: avene @ bestiz and uploader

@gabjumpz your post, I'm so with you. 100% agree. I learn a lot from this drama too :D

one of my favorite scene in ep20 was also the conversation between MW and YW too. YW's words to MW definitely strike to me the YW that I know ever since from the beginning of this drama ^^

[해를품은달] 그대한사람 - MV Kim Soohyun Only You FMV

cr: ysoda79

one well made MV indeed. so great :D

the most sad part in this drama for all of us:

HC7YC.jpgLAST EPISODE :(

The Best and Worst Actors of ′The Sun and the Moon′

2012-03-16 17:23 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/conte..

Translation Credit : Stewart Ho

MBC’s The Sun and the Moon ended with a bang, drawing over 40 percent in viewership ratings, and earning the title of ′nation′s drama.′

It wasn’t only the strong script from Jung Eun Kwal, but the passionate acting of the actors that helped make it a success.

But among the actors there were those that shined and those that fell a bit flat over the course of the drama. Who were the greatest winners and losers of The Sun and the Moon?

Bravo! Perfect~

From its beginning, The Sun and the Moon’s child actors received much praise. Yeo Jin Gu, who portrayed the younger version of Lee Hwon, actress Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Min Ho captured the hearts of adult viewers by portraying the childhood romance perfectly. Even after the series ended viewers asked to see more of the child actors and many of them went on to film CF’s with their adult co stars.

But of course, the biggest beneficiary from the drama was :wub: Kim Soo Hyun. Through this production Kim created a “King Hwon Syndrome” and went on to collect some five billion won in endorsement deals.

His everyday life and everything about his became an issue while his song for the drama’s OST Another Road became a hit on the music charts. Jung Eun Pyo who starred as Kim’s sidekick also brought comedic relief to the drama and to viewers, earning much love.

Very Good. We Look Forward to Your Next Work

The Sun and the Moon was Han Ga In’s :wub: first historical drama. She was met with a lot of concern over her ability to take on a historic character role in relation to her experience as an actor.

The first six or seven episodes that she appeared in sparked a lot of controversy because of her acting abilities. However, Han began to take command of her facial expressions to create her own Heo Yeon Woo character. Her visible growth in acting through the drama drew praise from viewers, who commented that they look forward to seeing her in her next work.

Jeon Mi Sun, who portrayed Yeon Woo’s adoptive mother, Nok Young, turned out to be a charismatic character that was crucial for the drama.

Her character’s acts of black magic were convincing and her commanding gaze conveyed much even when her character did not speak any lines.

Kim Min Seo, who portrayed the queen, also can′t be left out. The scenes where her character went mad after seeing the apparition of a ghost and the scene where her character ends her life in the final episode made for a realistic portrayal of someone who had lost their mind. Though Han, Jeon and Kim’s roles diminished as the series progressed, their roles came together harmoniously.

Something was a bit lacking~ Try harder next time

As such a diverse range of characters were shown, there were some roles that were, frankly, a bit of a let down.

Those few were Lee Won Geun and Song Jae Lim, who portrayed Hwon’s royal guards, Song Jae Hee, who portrayed the adult Heo Yeom, Nam Bo Ra, who played Princess Minhwa and Yun Seung Ah, who acted as Seol.

The character Woon, was one of the most stand outs of the drama, and was the role most coveted by rookie actors. The production staff decided to select the role through auditions, through which idol group ZE:A’s Im Si Wan was selected for the younger adult version of Heo Yeom and earned great popularity.

But Lee Won Geun’s portrayal of the younger version of Woon lacked charisma and acting ability, which led to the decreasing of his role. Unfortunately, Song Jae Lim also failed to match the level of acting needed to portray the adult Woon.

According to a member from the production, “Initially we were going to portray Woon falling into a one-sided love with Yeon Woo bringing conflict between the troops and lovers. We wanted a character like Lee Jung Jae from the past drama Hourglass who commanded a lot of gravity but since the roles were filled with rookies, the characters ended up being somewhat average characters. Because of this they didn’t have many lines.”

In addition Princess Min Hwa’ villainous role drew some viewers away while Yun Seung Ah who garnered much love from her previous dramas as a main actress, became relegated to a minor role after the popularity of her on-screen love interest, Heo Yeom, plummeted.

Which characters did you find the most compelling, and which just faded from your memory?

Photo credit: MBC

http://www.enewsworld.com/Upload/News/Contents/16085516.jpg

Call me biased, but I am reading this article for the third time already and I can't find JUNG IL WOO ... <_<

About Song Jae Rim, I for one would commend he did portray the Woon character perfectly --if I will base on the synopsis written in the drama. As for the actor, he pulled his best to portray those scenes when he need more emotion, like when talking to Yang Myung , and including the death scene. This is also his second tilt after FBRS (With few screen time compared to moonsun). What is there for him to become more diverse in acting when he is only told in the script to stay beside the King, have a watchful eyes, and would only say "Ye, Chona" ? :mellow:

I agree on Jung Eun Pyo . He rocks, till the end!

tumblr_m10fbfbX591rqx77ao1_500.png

-tumblr

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ Writer Reveals Ending Could Have Been Different

The drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ could have a different ending if only time allowed.

11240-the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun.jpg

The drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ could have a different ending if only time allowed.

Script writer Jin Soo Wan of ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ revealed that the drama could have faced a different ending during an interview on March 16. The death of Jung Il Woo’s character has been set from the beginning. But except the death of Jung Il Woo it seems everything else was different from what the writer has been thinking.

The drama faced difficulty with editing and post-production towards the end due to MBC’s union labor strike. The drama even experienced delay due to the director of the drama to join the strike with only two episodes remaining. Due to the tight schedule of filming the writer who was in charge of the script wasn’t able to stretch out her imagination.

The conclusion that writer Jin was thinking was a bit different. She wanted to have Yoon Dae Hyung who planned the rebellion not to be killed on the spot but to be captured alive and to have a fierce political battle between Yoon Dae Hyung and Lee Hwon.

Writer Jin shared, “I wanted to make the story so that Yoon Dae Hyung continues the political battle despite the fact that her daughter has committed suicide. For his death to be just the same as Ali.”

“Also after Hwon closes Bo Kyung eye’s he goes to Heo Yeon Woo but I wanted to have a scene where Lee Hwon is in tears by himself. But due to the lack of time we had to make it short and that leave a strong impression.”

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ successfully concluded after a long 3 months journey with the last episode aired on March 15 with an average rating of 42.2%

cr:kpopstarz

So, here we go with various scenerios by the writer for the ending. But time constraint????????? :rolleyes: