[Drama 2011] - Bride of the Sun - 태양의 신부

Arue

This is the strangest show.  Yesterday KR was smirking and today he had two gangster-looking guys in his office who accompanied him to JH's office while he jumped Park to rough him up while IS and JH watched.  While I thought he was close to a heart attack, the guys pulled him off, and then we see those guys outside his bedroom while he fussed at HW.  Then when he finished, he opened the door & they hauled him off to jail.  Crazy!  ...and FINALLY, JH showed that darn lighter to HW at his place.  He explained the story (I guess) 'cause she got tears in her eyes.

...Preview shows HW visiting old man in jail and he is STILL screaming - through the glass!...and on the way home a big truck is driving head on into the car with HW in back seat (security guard is driving).

@WdlandsTX, out of curiousity, are u watching the show without knowing the conversation ? If you are, WOW !, a BIG SALUTE to you. It amazes me how could anyone watch a show without knowing what is being spoken.   

KR was sentenced to 3 yrs jail (too short in my opinion). Those guys with KR are actually the policemen frm the court who have to accompany him before he was sent to jail. JH purposely call In-Sook and Lawyer Park to his office knowing that KR will definitely come to find him. Upon seeing them together, KR flew into a rage especially at Lawyer Park for betraying him. HW is worried about the repercussion what KR will do after the 3 years and approached JH. JH explained to her the reason for the revenge. KR warned HW not to meet JH while he is away and that he vows take revenge on all those who puts him in the situation. Now that KR is in jail, In-Sook is planning to get back the inheritance money from HW and get rid of her. Meanwhile, YR approached HW and tells her she will not allow the baby to be born. HW ask WK to investigate the incident that happened 23 yrs ago. In the preview, KR denies he involved in the incident. 

HW had insisted on staying in KR's house. Doesn't she realize the danger she is in right now ? They could have easily put something in her food or drink that would caused her to abort. It is safer for her to stay at her parent's house. Even JH's assistant wonders she will be OK and poses this to JH. He looks worried.  

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@WdlandsTX, out of curiousity, are u watching the show without knowing the conversation ? If you are, WOW !, a BIG SALUTE to you. It amazes me how could anyone watch a show without knowing what is being spoken.   

KR was sentenced to 3 yrs jail (too short in my opinion). Those guys with KR are actually the policemen frm the court who have to accompany him before he was sent to jail. JH purposely call In-Sook and Lawyer Park to his office knowing that KR will definitely come to find him. Upon seeing them together, KR flew into a rage especially at Lawyer Park for betraying him. HW is worried about the repercussion what KR will do after the 3 years and approached JH. JH explained to her the reason for the revenge. KR warned HW not to meet JH while he is away and that he vows take revenge on all those who puts him in the situation. Now that KR is in jail, In-Sook is planning to get back the inheritance money from HW and get rid of her. Meanwhile, YR approached HW and tells her she will not allow the baby to be born. HW ask WK to investigate the incident that happened 23 yrs ago. In the preview, KR denies he involved in the incident. 

HW had insisted on staying in KR's house. Doesn't she realize the danger she is in right now ? They could have easily put something in her food or drink that would caused her to abort. It is safer for her to stay at her parent's house. Even JH's assistant wonders she will be OK and poses this to JH. He looks worried.  

As you can guess from our comments, many of us are non-Korean speakers.  It's amazing how much one can understand/guess just from the visual.

Actually, the daily drama that I've been watching is "Vampire Idol", which has no subs and no one is recapping.  There's no major angst or evilness.  Perhaps, that's why it's easy to understand.  It's just a cute teen-ager show.

It really is time to put this 'baby' to bed . . .

Yes, rikimaiu, I don't know any Korean and don't recognize anything except the common things that sound like "hyeong, yunni, crum, ka, oma, kamsahamnida..." :) That's why in an earlier post I said I look at body language, interiors, fashions, food, etc. and wait for recaps. Also, why I was so frustrated at the beginning when nobody was posting anything and I could not "for the life of me" figure out what they were saying! I just watched HW and JH at the theme park and then things got complicated. Thank goodness for Z and this thread. (That is why I sometimes write all I heard was blah, blah, blah - like yada, yada, yada.)

Oh, regarding the food safety and HW...I had written if I were HW, I would rely on her dad's Meals on Wheels (delivered meals), but I noticed he has slacked off. :P

Today I thought YR would put out a hit on HW, but it looks like Park put out a hit on the guard for snooping in his files about the fire (info that KW shared with HW). Looks like HW and the guard may solve the mystery. Now if he can just dodge that big truck he is facing.

Guest jdkk09

They can't get rid of KW, he's the only one aside for JH, who can protect her.  Thanks Wdland, TX for the heads up.

Yes, rikimaiu, I don't know any Korean and don't recognize anything except the common things that sound like "hyeong, yunni, crum, ka, oma, kamsahamnida..."    :) That's why in an earlier post I said I look at body language, interiors, fashions, food, etc. and wait for recaps.  Also, why I was so frustrated at the beginning when nobody was posting anything and I could not "for the life of me" figure out what they were saying!  I just watched HW and JH at the theme park and then things got complicated.  Thank goodness for Z and this thread.  (That is why I sometimes write all I heard was blah, blah, blah - like yada, yada, yada.)

Oh, regarding the food safety and HW...I had written if I were HW, I would rely on her dad's Meals on Wheels (delivered meals), but I noticed he has slacked off. :P

Today I thought YR would put out a hit on HW, but it looks like Park put out a hit on the guard for snooping in his files about the fire (info that KW shared with HW). Looks like HW and the guard may solve the mystery. Now if he can just dodge that big truck he is facing.

It seems like both IS and KR suspect each other for the fire of 30 yrs ago.  What if neither of them were the culprits? What if the real culprit was  their dead son, who accidentally set the fire and lived a life of guilt.  And, that was the real reason for his suicide, not the pressure from his mother.  And, Lawyer Park knew the truth and help the son covered it up because he was saving that info for a future 'ace' card.  And, he plants the seed in everyone's mind that KR was responsible for the fire.  ????

Okay, now I'm writing my own drama . . . LOL :lol:

"Okay, now I'm writing my own drama"

Hey, that's better than "anything I got." The son probably would have the same initials, too. (lighter) Maybe he was trying to be a tough guy and put pressure on JH's mom to please his parents, and went too far. Hmm.

I do NOT like that weasel PARK! I wish I knew what the guard told HW about the fire. I will have to wait. I still want to know how KW and his father played a part in it with Park and what 3 bodies he was talking about a while back...Of course, the writer probably has already forgotten about those lines, silly me.

Today I was worried Kyung-woo would be killed in the car because YR may have a hit on HW, then it looked like Park had a hit on KW -- now who knows who, if anybody, will end up in the hospital - and the way this thing is going, they would wake up with AMNESIA -- OMG :lol:

"Okay, now I'm writing my own drama"

Hey, that's better than "anything I got."  The son probably would have the same initials, too.  (lighter) Maybe he was trying to be a tough guy and put pressure on JH's mom to please his parents, and went too far.  Hmm.

I do NOT like that weasel PARK!  I wish I knew what the guard told HW about the fire. I will have to wait. I still want to know how KW and his father played a part in it with Park and what 3 bodies he was talking about a while back...Of course, the writer probably has already forgotten about those lines, silly me.

Today I was worried Kyung-woo would be killed in the car because YR may have a hit on HW, then it looked like Park had a hit on KW -- now who knows who, if anybody, will end up in the hospital - and the way this thing is going, they would wake up with AMNESIA -- OMG :lol:

See!  You just wrote your own drama, too!   :w00t:   Yep, we're on track because one of the things about daily dramas is that we have to go crazy with our conjectures, in trying to hurry the drama along.  :wacko:

Why stop at amnesia?  What about the spirit of the dead son coming to possess him?  :blink::wacko:

The spirit of the dead is going to come through that lighter when Kang-ro sees it, whether it belongs to him or his son. That may send him into cardiac arrest, esp. if Park is within any distance.

Guest jdkk09

I am silently laughing my head off here.  You guys are so funny with your conjectures.  At this rate any of your ideas are plausible.  

I haven't watched the last few episodes.  Just keeping track here with all of you and Z's recaps.  

I think Park may be the main culprit like you suggested Auntie Mame.  He's such a snake.  Very sleazy, sneaky, manipulative and mean.  I think he may have done it all to get IS and the money.  It's a competition to him with KR.  And he wants to come out on top.  

'jdkk09'

...silently laughing my head off here.  You guys are so funny with your conjectures....  

...Park may be the main culprit...such a snake...sleazy, sneaky, manipulative and mean...may have done it all to get IS and the money...competition to him with KR..wants to come out on top.

I laugh every time I think of Park kicking KW, the guard. Everybody else slaps and punches, and out of nowhere he kicks him in the shin. It was laughable, esp. since he is shorter. He has those beady, calculating eyes. Yep, I think he has a short man complex among other things when it comes to KR because I think it has been stated he has had a 20+ year relationship with In-Sook which is understandable because we all know she would have a loveless marriage with KR and it is advantageous to have a lawyer on the side. It is very conceivable he did orchestrate the fire, but not very well, and it is starting to unravel because of the "jumping bean" guard who keeps jumping from person to person collecting information.

(Thank goodness somebody is starting to tie it together or help the effort.)

Guest jdkk09

It seems we're in for a 112 episode that will end March 30 according to the info Z got off JH fan cafe.  

'jdkk09'

...silently laughing my head off here.  You guys are so funny with your conjectures....  

...Park may be the main culprit...such a snake...sleazy, sneaky, manipulative and mean...may have done it all to get IS and the money...competition to him with KR..wants to come out on top.

I laugh every time I think of Park kicking KW, the guard. Everybody else slaps and punches, and out of nowhere he kicks him in the shin.  It was laughable, esp. since he is shorter. He has those beady, calculating eyes.  Yep, I think he has a short man complex among other things when it comes to KR because I think it has been stated he has had a 20+ year relationship with In-Sook which is understandable because we all know she would have a loveless marriage with KR and it is advantageous to have a lawyer on the side. It is very conceivable he did orchestrate the fire, but not very well, and it is starting to unravel because of the "jumping bean" guard who keeps jumping from person to person collecting information.

(Thank goodness somebody is starting to tie it together or help the effort.)

HAHAHA!  Yep, you've just done another thing that all daily dramas make us do, i.e. create nicknames for the characters.  Forever KW will be known as 'jumping bean guard'.  (For the drama, "Don't Hesitate", we had Mr. Hotcakes, liver-boy, Ms. Brain-fart, Mrs. Omo-omo.)

It seems we're in for a 112 episode that will end March 30 according to the info Z got off JH fan cafe.  

And, as of now, we are on ep. 95, which means everything needs to tie up in 17 episodes.   Thank goodness the end is in sight! 

It  would be hilarious if KW is actually the rightful heir/owner of the Youndam conglomerate.  YR's face would be very shade of green.  :P

Guest kayana20

I love all of you on this thread you make me feel better for liking such a melodramatic daily when everything is so much simpler if people would stop being cowards or greedy as can be.Thank goodness Kang-Ro is going to jail I so hope Hyo-won toughens up and starts thinking of her future with JH because everyone is going to make sure she loses that baby and the money.Her selfless stupidity act is no longer alowed she has too much at stake to lose including JH.He is so vengeful and focused I miss seeing the happier him. What does that troll YR have in mid with the info she has?IN what episode will the baby true paternity be mentioned too?I hope JH figures it out on his own instead of believing that fake DNA test. Now can we please find out what happened 30 years ago and who killed JH parents? If anyone in Kang-Ro family had anything to do with it and Hoo-won stays in that house or marriage she is out of her last mind and reaps what she sows. Also can KW have something that is his alone.I so want YR to regret treating him so badly. She isn't good enough for him anyway. Now let me go back to lurking and laughing.

As for names, I call JH's asst "The Gray Argyle Sweater," In-Sook "Rolling Eyes," :rolleyes: YR "Squinty Eyes." and KR "Black Bear." :angry:

I was hoping for 100 eps. I guess that was why it was dragging for a while because they were juggling with 10-12 episodes in limbo. Maybe it will kick in and start moving. I am tired of JH staring out the window and looking at that lighter.

At least in episode 95, things are moving up a bit.

- In Sook blackmail HW that in exchange for her safely, she has to give up the inheritance to her.

- Stepmom dreamt that HW is injured badly in a major car accident and she sees blood being splashed all over.

- KW told HW that his dad was the criminal who upon received some payout, setup a fire that killed 3 ppl, 2 of them are husband and wife. (He didnt know it was related to YD)

- YR obtained the medicine which will caused abortion instruct the housekeeper to put into the food and give it to HW. (she told the housekeeper it was an expensive tonic under instruction from KR)

- Manager Park found out HW is investigating the fire that happened 23 years ago and instructed some men instead of kidnapping her but to kill her instead.

At least in episode 95, things are moving up a bit.

- In Sook blackmail HW that in exchange for her safely, she has to give up the inheritance to her.

- Stepmom dreamt that HW is injured badly in a major car accident and she sees blood being splashed all over.

- KW told HW that his dad was the criminal who upon received some payout, setup a fire that killed 3 ppl, 2 of them are husband and wife. (He didnt know it was related to YD)

- YR obtained the medicine which will caused abortion instruct the housekeeper to put into the food and give it to HW. (she told the housekeeper it was an expensive tonic under instruction from KR)

- Manager Park found out HW is investigating the fire that happened 23 years ago and instructed some men instead of kidnapping her but to kill her instead.

Man, that shaman stepmom could make a mint with her dreams predicting the future.  What is the woman waiting for?!  Set up shop now!  :lol:

hmmm . . . blood all over.  Oh man, they can't 'off'  jumping bean!  He's the most interesting character of all, especially when he jumps from one faction to the other.  And, it's amazing how EVERYONE trusts him, which gives him entry into all their private secrets.  Well, it's understandable why YR allows him  entry . . . into her affairs.  :P;)

Guest kayana20

Too much going on and HW is seriously still eating in this house? sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif . Didn't everything they do to her open her eyes? Omg she is giving me a headache and the rate it's going that baby will die .

Too much going on and HW is seriously still eating in this house? sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif  . Didn't everything they do to her open her eyes? Omg she is giving me a headache and the rate it's going that baby will die .

I am worried about the baby too. If anything happens to the baby, she had only herself to blame. Knowing that all arrows are shooting at her, she still delivers herself to the lion's den.

Archived