SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest xTissuex

ahh good luck! (do you have a video of you singing?^^)

No, sorry i dont have one but ill upload one soon=) and tell u when i do hehe

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BBLoverXD

I guess I'll tell/write my experience here...

I was put into a group with a small little girl. She was ADORABLE! The cutest thing ever!!! She sang "You Raise Me Up" and it was too much cuteness for me to handle. After she sang, the judged asked her if she spoke Korean, and she replied, "Ne." SO CUUUUTE! XD She was asked to introduce herself in Korean and to sing another song. She did the introduction, but didn't want to sing another song. Her response... "No." Flat out. Oh my gosh. That little girl made the whole audition fun for me.

The next to audition was a girl and she sang "The Rumor Has It" by Adele. In my opinion, bad song choice because the song doesn't really need powerful vocals to pull off 'cause it just needs a voice that can be charismatic and sultry. Sass! Plus, it would be awkward trying to arrange that song to where it showed off your vocals.

Moving on... The next two to audition were dancers, so they had to wait until all the singers auditioned. I was the sixth one in the group, so I started getting nervous because I thought it would be a while for my turn.

The next guy... Tall. Standing next to him was intimidating. Dark hair. Big eyes. He was 17 apparently... I guess he said it in Chinese because I didn't understand anything at all except when the judge spoke English. He sang that one song that Onew and Yoseob did on a variety show... "The first time I fell in love was long ago... I didn't know how to give my love at all..." He did really well... Shaky, but not bad. They asked him to sing again. This time, he sang in Korean. This dude seriously gave it his all this time. And I can tell... Standing next to him was nerve-wrecking because he was belting out a song, and I had to go after him. After he finished his song, they made him put his hair up to do some profile shots. During that time, my brain forgot the lyrics to the song... I was frantically screaming in my head until I remembered the lyrics. Then the lady looked at me and said, "Next."

I nodded my head, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath... "Oh~ My Little Princess. Ijeggo sumgyoon. Namanui sarang nul boyyojulggoya." Towards the end, I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me... Almost messed up on Yunho's part, but I recovered. And then on ChangMin's little adlib at the end, I sort of gave up on it because I was done singing. XD She smiled and said, "Next."

The next girl did acting in English. She was okay... I wish she would have made it a little more energetic? I don't know what it was, but she was missing something...

The next girl... Oh my lord... Beautiful singer! I was happy that the judge asked her to sing again because she was amazingly good! Loved the tone of her voice.

The next girl was okay. She was probably nervous having to go up after the previous singer.

The last guy was a dancer, and I met him in the waiting room. (Totally forgot your name! I'm horrible! T^T) The dancers had the floor and it was an all out battle for the floor. Yeah! Step Up!!! XD The girl in the middle was really good! Doing hip hop moves. The other girl was okay, but she was being overshadowed by the girl in the middle. My friend was giving his all with his BBoy moves, but I could tell that the carpet was not letting him perform to his fullest. I was sad that he gave up towards the end. Keep fighting dude! Don't give up!

After everyone was done, the tall boy before me was asked to stay behind while the rest of us left the room. I guess he got the automatic "Yes" from the judges.

The experience was so surreal and enjoyable! I met some pretty cool people along the way! Thank you to the girl who said that she liked my song choice. XD

Hey thx for sharing.

What song did the dancers dance to?

So everyone is posting about their audition post and ill mine =p ...btw...im new to sommpi XD

First i didn't audition in the states,  i audtioned when they came to China which was Feb,11 on Saturday, so im not sure if everything is the same. I applied for the singing category and practiced really hard for the audition. Then audition day i went to the location. At first there werent alot of people since i went SUPER early, but people starting to quickly fill the room until it was packed....and there ARE walk in auditions, I waited for an hour tell i got my number and then another like 30 minutes till we actually went to the audition room. So in the china audition's there are 20 people in the room, 10 are standing behind a line and performing while 10 are sitting on the side waiting to go and there is only one judge (the judge was really preatty)  not three. While i was waiting the group in front of me thre was a REALLY good guy singer, but in the end he got beat by another female singer, and so the girl got asked to stay back and sit behind the judge and sit quietly and wait. So when it was my turn i knew that they were going to do on the spot call backs and that fact made me really nervous. SO we went down the line, and i didnt really notice what the other people do since i was like in my own zone at the moment. The the WORST thing happened, the guy in front of me was like a PROsinger he was like really good so it made me even more nervous. The judge asked him to sing another song  to do the camera stuff, and then she moved onto me. I was really nervous but i just did my best, and i actually did really well. I thought that the judge would just say next, but she actually asked me to sing another song. I was really surprised so it took me a while to start and after i finished she said next. When our group finished our judge asked for two numbers to stay and sit behind her, and at first my brain didnt react fast enough and i didnt realize it was my number, but then the translator said the number again i looked down at my number and realized it was freaking mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So me and the guy before me just walked behind the judge and sat there. After that it was just really boring.....we had to watch ALL  the other morning auditions but nobody else got chosen to sit with us. And when the final morning audition endedthe judge asked the four of us who were chosen to (after this point i cant really describe in detail since i dont know if im allowed to say =0 ) perfrom again and do self-introduction in front of the camera. And one by one we did that and she just said thank you and told us we can go. So in the end im not really sure what happenes now....... Im still waitiing for my email since i didnt get it yet, but i stillhave 6 days before its been exactly one month, and im still hoping but i dont think ill be dissapointed if i dont get one(maeby)  =(.  

I REALY WANT MY EMAIL >< wish me luck hehe

Ohhhh congrats!

Since you were watching all the auditions can u tell me what songs were played for dancers?

And also the four ppl who were held behind how old are you guys? Did they ask you to dance?

Thanks!

Guest xTissuex

Hey thx for sharing.

What song did the dancers dance to?

Ohhhh congrats!

Since you were watching all the auditions can u tell me what songs were played for dancers?

And also the four ppl who were held behind how old are you guys? Did they ask you to dance?

Thanks!

THX, and to answer ur questions:

1. For dancing they played the same song everytime, and it wasnt really a song, it was like clubbing/beats/dance/elctro music

2. No they only ask you to dance if you actually apllied in the field of dancing, if you did singing they just ask you to sing again

3. um the asges i think were,16, 17 and one in colledge

~Hope this helps~

Guest csquared

Hey guys, well its been exactly one month since I got held back for my auditions. I'm kind of completely shattered but still hopeful that some miracle might happen. After the audition I have checked my email constantly every single day, the audition really made me re-evaluate what I want in my life, and made me think about what truly makes me happy.

Now I just started University and every single day makes me realise how unhappy I would be for the rest of my life if I don't follow my passion for performing, should I email SM and give them reasons why performing is so important to me and hope they choose me, or will it just be in vain? I'm already 18 and I realise that this may be my final opportunity to fulfill my dreams :tears:

Guest LucKy#1

csquared, u and i are on the same boat. im also freshmen in college. this is only the 2nd time i auditioned. the last time i did was a couple years back at the jyp tour auditions. i did horribly and i finally got the courage this year to go to the ny audition. i kno i did a whole lot better.

although i also want to become a singer real badly too, i dont think its necessarily late for us. 18 is not really the "old" age. it does give us an advantage, but if u believe in yourself and keep practicing, i think u can always find another way to become a singer.

Guest csquared

csquared, u and i are on the same boat. im also freshmen in college. this is only the 2nd time i auditioned. the last time i did was a couple years back at the jyp tour auditions. i did horribly and i finally got the courage this year to go to the ny audition. i kno i did a whole lot better.

although i also want to become a singer real badly too, i dont think its necessarily late for us. 18 is not really the "old" age. it does give us an advantage, but if u believe in yourself and keep practicing, i think u can always find another way to become a singer.

I went to JYP too in 2010 I was a nervous wreck lol, I have done alot better this time around too. But realistically no company ever comes to Australia, and by the time Globals start again, I will be another Year older not to mention the younger talents increasing haha. It sucks how we got kept back, they've given us hope but no replies at all.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Hey guys, well its been exactly one month since I got held back for my auditions. I'm kind of completely shattered but still hopeful that some miracle might happen. After the audition I have checked my email constantly every single day, the audition really made me re-evaluate what I want in my life, and made me think about what truly makes me happy.

Now I just started University and every single day makes me realise how unhappy I would be for the rest of my life if I don't follow my passion for performing, should I email SM and give them reasons why performing is so important to me and hope they choose me, or will it just be in vain? I'm already 18 and I realise that this may be my final opportunity to fulfill my dreams :tears:

^ I recommend not to email them over something as begging them to pick you. If you really want to show how passionate you are then you basically have to train yourself with performing, and etc.

For me even though I am over the hill when it comes to auditioning for Kpop, I found out through auditioning for KPOP companies made me realize how much I love to perform and sing. But you know that is just not for them to pick me. So I need to hone my skills as a performer to be up to wha they expect in a singer. So I bought a guitar, am about to really persue through training in guitar and singing. I'm persuing not to become a Kpop idol anymore ( but at the beginning it was my main aspiration lol) now I am doing this because I love it.

You know their are other ways to become a singer and performer and not just through KPOP. Their is the annual Kollaboration contests held in major cities across the US, Or you can join local talent contests and live events to perform. The sky is the limit when it comes to performing and mosT of it has noting to do with becoming famous lol.

Guest Ju Bin

hey guys! i came back from SM auditions in Vancouver awhile ago and i thought that i should share my experience for all those first time auditionees out there. :)

so i got to the location right before 2pm and there were a lot of people there already. probably around 40-50? and the doors were not even open so the auditions didn't even start yet and my assigned time was 3:30pm. finally the staff opened the doors to this large room with chairs (there was a screen playing EXO teasers and MVs for us to watch while waiting... just EXO though, no one else) around 2pm or a bit after 2pm and by then, WAY more people had come. the staff gave us the application forms to fill out and while i was doing that, i observed the people and the majority of the crowd was Asian... lots of Koreans, Chinese, and Filipinos (like me :D) but i saw a few Caucasian auditionees. to my surprise, there were a good amount of good looking guys and some pretty girls too hahaha and some of those girls were TALL and i mean TALL. i'm talking 6 feet girls! and their legs were even longer with their heels on.... *jealous*

anyway, one of the staff members called us up by our assigned times. the earlier your assigned time was, the sooner you got to audition so people with late times and walk-ins were the last to audition. my number ended up being B61 (i was the girl in a white jacket with a grey scarf and blue backpack quietly chillin haha). around 4:30pm i believe, the staff called groups A61-A70 and B61-70 so we all followed another staff member to the audition rooms. As and Bs went into separate audition rooms. in my room, there was one female staff member who held the camera and translated for the judge. there was only one judge and she was a woman... and i swear that i recognize her from previous global auditions haha moving on, after waiting a bit more, we went into the room and sat down in this line-up of chairs and we watched B51-B60 audition. 3 of them said that they were gonna dance so the judge said that they will audition last so one by one the singers did their thing. the singers were ok. some not so bad and some... let nerves really get the best of them. the judge didn't cut off anyone.. everyone was able to finish the chorus of their songs and some people sang a bit longer BUT the judge does look/play with her phone... i think that's intentional to see how you react or something. she would look up if she was interested though.. there was one guy who was really good and the judge asked him to sing again. after that, the judge asked him to take off his glasses and introduce himself. he introduced himself in English since he wasn't Korean.. he seemed Filipino and he was 19. after all the singers went, the 3 dancers came forward and all freestyled at the same time. i didn't know what the song was but it was a rap/hip hop song. they danced for around a minute... they were all ok.

when that group was done, my group went up and stood in a line. no group came in to watch us so it was just the 10 of us with the judge and the cameralady. i went first and sang 'Do You Know' by Brave Girls. i sang the chorus and did the rap but i screwed up in the singing (let nerves get the best of me as usual) and the judge was playing with her phone during my audition so during that time i just tried getting into my singing more so that i can get her attention but i failed. :( after me, the rest of my group went. no one got cut off again and some were ok, some really nervous again. there was this one girl in my group who was asked to sing 3 times and then introduce herself. now, i'm not Korean but i do understand a bit and i thought that i heard the girl say in her introduction that she was 13 and i'm thinking "WOW so young..." (i'm 20 so imagine how i feel hahaha) she sounded a bit nervous during her audition but i could tell that if she wasn't nervous, she's probably pretty good. there were 2 dancers in my group and when it was their turn, the judge played the same song. they freestyled for around a minute as well. one of them was pretty good and the judge kept watching her. the judge played another song of the same genre for them to keep dancing and they danced for 30 more seconds with the judge watching the girl again. i thought that she was gonna ask her to stay behind but she didn't. :S after my group was done, we just all left except for the 13 year old singer because the judge asked her to stay behind. THE END haha

my advice to the Toronto auditionees and also future auditionees is to be confident (i say this but i don't follow it myself -.-"), have fun, and try not to be intimidated. also remember that you have nothing to lose and to give it your all.

on another note, it's hard to guess what SM is looking for. i actually do believe that they are looking for great singers or young singers who sound like they have potential.

anyway, that's my audition experience.. i've been to many so ask any questions if you have any.

and to those who are gonna audition soon... fighting!!!~

Guest eternalmerkamoon

reading all these experiences of you guys, were no dancers held back and asked to stay at the audition? I noticed in my audition that only the really good singers got asked to stay.

Hey there,

Great story! I was wanted to ask you a question about modelling? Has anyone in the group prior and during your audition did modelling and if they went before the dancers, like the singers? So modelling and singing are done one after another, then dancers? Any tips for modelling, for 3 poses? I auditioned for dance, but that was choerography. haha I cannot freestyle yet.

Regards,

Daniel

hey guys! i came back from SM auditions in Vancouver awhile ago and i thought that i should share my experience for all those first time auditionees out there. :)

so i got to the location right before 2pm and there were a lot of people there already. probably around 40-50? and the doors were not even open so the auditions didn't even start yet and my assigned time was 3:30pm. finally the staff opened the doors to this large room with chairs (there was a screen playing EXO teasers and MVs for us to watch while waiting... just EXO though, no one else) around 2pm or a bit after 2pm and by then, WAY more people had come. the staff gave us the application forms to fill out and while i was doing that, i observed the people and the majority of the crowd was Asian... lots of Koreans, Chinese, and Filipinos (like me :D) but i saw a few Caucasian auditionees. to my surprise, there were a good amount of good looking guys and some pretty girls too hahaha and some of those girls were TALL and i mean TALL. i'm talking 6 feet girls! and their legs were even longer with their heels on.... *jealous*

anyway, one of the staff members called us up by our assigned times. the earlier your assigned time was, the sooner you got to audition so people with late times and walk-ins were the last to audition. my number ended up being B61 (i was the girl in a white jacket with a grey scarf and blue backpack quietly chillin haha). around 4:30pm i believe, the staff called groups A61-A70 and B61-70 so we all followed another staff member to the audition rooms. As and Bs went into separate audition rooms. in my room, there was one female staff member who held the camera and translated for the judge. there was only one judge and she was a woman... and i swear that i recognize her from previous global auditions haha moving on, after waiting a bit more, we went into the room and sat down in this line-up of chairs and we watched B51-B60 audition. 3 of them said that they were gonna dance so the judge said that they will audition last so one by one the singers did their thing. the singers were ok. some not so bad and some... let nerves really get the best of them. the judge didn't cut off anyone.. everyone was able to finish the chorus of their songs and some people sang a bit longer BUT the judge does look/play with her phone... i think that's intentional to see how you react or something. she would look up if she was interested though.. there was one guy who was really good and the judge asked him to sing again. after that, the judge asked him to take off his glasses and introduce himself. he introduced himself in English since he wasn't Korean.. he seemed Filipino and he was 19. after all the singers went, the 3 dancers came forward and all freestyled at the same time. i didn't know what the song was but it was a rap/hip hop song. they danced for around a minute... they were all ok.

when that group was done, my group went up and stood in a line. no group came in to watch us so it was just the 10 of us with the judge and the cameralady. i went first and sang 'Do You Know' by Brave Girls. i sang the chorus and did the rap but i screwed up in the singing (let nerves get the best of me as usual) and the judge was playing with her phone during my audition so during that time i just tried getting into my singing more so that i can get her attention but i failed. :( after me, the rest of my group went. no one got cut off again and some were ok, some really nervous again. there was this one girl in my group who was asked to sing 3 times and then introduce herself. now, i'm not Korean but i do understand a bit and i thought that i heard the girl say in her introduction that she was 13 and i'm thinking "WOW so young..." (i'm 20 so imagine how i feel hahaha) she sounded a bit nervous during her audition but i could tell that if she wasn't nervous, she's probably pretty good. there were 2 dancers in my group and when it was their turn, the judge played the same song. they freestyled for around a minute as well. one of them was pretty good and the judge kept watching her. the judge played another song of the same genre for them to keep dancing and they danced for 30 more seconds with the judge watching the girl again. i thought that she was gonna ask her to stay behind but she didn't. :S after my group was done, we just all left except for the 13 year old singer because the judge asked her to stay behind. THE END haha

my advice to the Toronto auditionees and also future auditionees is to be confident (i say this but i don't follow it myself -.-"), have fun, and try not to be intimidated. also remember that you have nothing to lose and to give it your all.

on another note, it's hard to guess what SM is looking for. i actually do believe that they are looking for great singers or young singers who sound like they have potential.

anyway, that's my audition experience.. i've been to many so ask any questions if you have any.

Guest Ju Bin

reading all these experiences of you guys, were no dancers held back and asked to stay at the audition? I noticed in my audition that only the really good singers got asked to stay.

there were probably some dancers that were asked to stay behind but they were probably REALLY good.

in my honest opinion, sometimes i think that SM is not specifically looking for dancers (or in other words: they care more about singers than dancers) because their audition rooms always have carpet. -.-" i've been to a good amount of global auditions and i've auditioned for dancing more than singing and i must say.. dancing in carpet doesn't allow you to show your full skills and the room has carpet every time... they really should take into consideration of the flooring if they care about how dancers will perform...

Hey there,

Great story! I was wanted to ask you a question about modelling? Has anyone in the group prior and during your audition did modelling and if they went before the dancers, like the singers? So modelling and singing are done one after another, then dancers? Any tips for modelling, for 3 poses? I auditioned for dance, but that was choerography. haha I cannot freestyle yet.

Regards,

Daniel

nobody in the group before me or my group auditioned for modeling but i have seen people audition for it. the dancers are the only ones who go last; singers, actors/actresses, and models audition one after the other. models just walk up to the camera, do 3 poses i believe, and then walk back to their original spot and pose again. they have the shortest audition haha

i've never auditioned for modeling so i don't know if i'm the right person to be giving tips on posing. xD maybe do poses that show different sides? like sexy, simple, cute, etc. haha just remember to be super confident in your poses and walk because that's mainly what modeling is. you gotta think that you're hott stuff. ;) fighting!!!~

Guest nighmare_carousel

[ .......]

I was at the auditions yesterday too, only...I chickened out T.T

I saw so many Asians all over the place and I'm kinda shy and suddenly felt like an idiot for going, especially alone...

I'm Indian actually, but very fair skinned and I've been asked to model a fair few times over the years ( and used to get complimented a lot when I lived in Korea so I thought I had a chance ) so that was what I wanted to try for but...

I managed to get myself to get inside ( my audition time was 6:30pm but I arrived in advance at about 5pm ), but there were so many people, and all of them the type of Asian SM more likely looks for that I couldn't even see where to register but walked right on by, paranoid I was being stared at for being there OTL

Where *did* you register anyway? Was it at that circular desk when you walk right in the front doors?

I feel like such an idiot - I was there an hour past my audition time too, trying to talk myself back into it but lovely PMS got in the way and I got so emotional I cried and no longer had a face for the camera T.T

I'm thinking of completing an online audition but I hear those are rarely looked at because of the flood of them that come in so I feel like I missed my one chance ...

Don't be an idiot like me guys.

I feel terrible.

I've been up all night and cannot get this out of my head.

I was actually fairly confident earlier and even onthe drive there, but once I got there, I fell apart.

Even now I keep thinking "I could have done it" but can't help but also think that if I drove back out there now, I migt be too fearful again

I don't know what's wrong with me....*sigh*

But there were some very beautiful people out there, and I heard one girl practicing a rap outside and she sounded pretty damn good too ^-^

I guess all I can do now is hope they come again next year?

I'll still try email and mail auditions but...I've read so much about them not helping much that my hopes have kinda sunk through the floor...

Anyways, thanks for listening if you actually managed to get through my whole rant...

And if you intend to go to the next global auditions in Vancouver and don't mind a technical "foreigner" coming along, any of you, I'd love to have someone around to force me not to chicken out next time...

Hey guys! I was also at the Vancouver auditions... and I will share my experience also. 

Soo..... I'm pretty sure I stood out,

for one I'm Caucasian - and for two... I'm TALL. :D

Like when I say tall, I mean... 5"11ish, around there.Hmmmm,... when I arrived there it was around 3:00pm, they weren't accepting forums just year, and started accepting the 2:30's at 3:30,

it felt a tad bit unorganized compared to other auditions I've been to before.

I arrived there with my three friends,

one was half black/tall, other one was Caucasian REALLY short ;D

and my other friend who was also Caucasian with BRIGHT yellow hair, but she didn't audition.

I thought the staff were nice - answering questions, etc...

but I wasn't aloud to use my guitar in the audition!! D:

So no one bring your guitar... because I think that messed me up.

Anyways, we waited in a room full of SM posters everywhere... 

I waited till about 4:30ish till my group (B80-B90) were called up...

we waited until 5pm, because the B room was taking really long...

I suppose they liked a bunch of people in the group before us.

In my group there was only one dancer, and one model -

the rest of us sang.

I think one of the most comforting thing was that I had my friends with me.

I got to finish my song, verse and a chorus -

while some people she asked to stop within 30-40 seconds.

When I sang the judge stared at me the entire time,

I started out a little rocky in the first verse of my song,

and it irritated me that she stopped looking at me when I hit the chorus,

probably to write some things down on my paper -

but I projected my voice.... really loud, which made her stare at me again - woo.

Everyone... in my group was nervous - a girls voice cracked when she was singing,

and another girl was sick.... T.T

The dancer was a little boy... HE WAS SO CUTE. . . just sayin. 

Anyways overall it was a great experience. , , 

:D 

thanks everyone for sharing :D

i feel so spoiled going to the toronto auditions because i can hear all the personal accounts / experiences from the other auditions... XD

but thanks!

does anyone have an idea of roughly how many people were at the auditions.. in total? so like.. 200? 300? 400? more? :o

Guest Ju Bin

I was at the auditions yesterday too, only...I chickened out T.T

I saw so many Asians all over the place and I'm kinda shy and suddenly felt like an idiot for going, especially alone...

I'm Indian actually, but very fair skinned and I've been asked to model a fair few times over the years ( and used to get complimented a lot when I lived in Korea so I thought I had a chance ) so that was what I wanted to try for but...

I managed to get myself to get inside ( my audition time was 6:30pm but I arrived in advance at about 5pm ), but there were so many people, and all of them the type of Asian SM more likely looks for that I couldn't even see where to register but walked right on by, paranoid I was being stared at for being there OTL

Where *did* you register anyway? Was it at that circular desk when you walk right in the front doors?

I feel like such an idiot - I was there an hour past my audition time too, trying to talk myself back into it but lovely PMS got in the way and I got so emotional I cried and no longer had a face for the camera T.T

I'm thinking of completing an online audition but I hear those are rarely looked at because of the flood of them that come in so I feel like I missed my one chance ...

Don't be an idiot like me guys.

I feel terrible.

I've been up all night and cannot get this out of my head.

I was actually fairly confident earlier and even onthe drive there, but once I got there, I fell apart.

Even now I keep thinking "I could have done it" but can't help but also think that if I drove back out there now, I migt be too fearful again

I don't know what's wrong with me....*sigh*

But there were some very beautiful people out there, and I heard one girl practicing a rap outside and she sounded pretty damn good too ^-^

I guess all I can do now is hope they come again next year?

I'll still try email and mail auditions but...I've read so much about them not helping much that my hopes have kinda sunk through the floor...

Anyways, thanks for listening if you actually managed to get through my whole rant...

And if you intend to go to the next global auditions in Vancouver and don't mind a technical "foreigner" coming along, any of you, I'd love to have someone around to force me not to chicken out next time...

once you entered the big room, to your left there was this white desk (supposedly 2 girls were sitting there). that was where everyone registered.

SM and JYP usually do come to Vancouver every year unless they change their mind so just prepare yourself for next year.

you should go next time and don't give up!! you never know to be honest. and in my opinion, if you want to be a performer, the auditions are a good way to gain some confidence and experience. how i look at it is that let's say you have a 0.1% chance of making it if you participate in the audition... but if you don't go, that's already a 0% chance of you making it so you might as well try. but don't worry, i'm sure that many opportunities will come your way.

companies never check email auditions just to let you know. you're better off with post/mail auditions.

i hope to see you in the next SM global audition btw. :) fighting!!~~~

thanks everyone for sharing :D

i feel so spoiled going to the toronto auditions because i can hear all the personal accounts / experiences from the other auditions... XD

but thanks!

does anyone have an idea of roughly how many people were at the auditions.. in total? so like.. 200? 300? 400? more? :o

usually at Vancouver, around 200-400 people go... i'm pretty sure that Toronto has a bigger turn out than us every year.

Guest nighmare_carousel

Hey guys! I was also at the Vancouver auditions... and I will share my experience also. 

Soo..... I'm pretty sure I stood out,

for one I'm Caucasian - and for two... I'm TALL. :D

Like when I say tall, I mean... 5"11ish, around there.Hmmmm,... when I arrived there it was around 3:00pm, they weren't accepting forums just year, and started accepting the 2:30's at 3:30,

it felt a tad bit unorganized compared to other auditions I've been to before.

I arrived there with my three friends,

one was half black/tall, other one was Caucasian REALLY short ;D

and my other friend who was also Caucasian with BRIGHT yellow hair, but she didn't audition.

I thought the staff were nice - answering questions, etc...

but I wasn't aloud to use my guitar in the audition!! D:

So no one bring your guitar... because I think that messed me up.

Anyways, we waited in a room full of SM posters everywhere... 

I waited till about 4:30ish till my group (B80-B90) were called up...

we waited until 5pm, because the B room was taking really long...

I suppose they liked a bunch of people in the group before us.

In my group there was only one dancer, and one model -

the rest of us sang.

I think one of the most comforting thing was that I had my friends with me.

I got to finish my song, verse and a chorus -

while some people she asked to stop within 30-40 seconds.

When I sang the judge stared at me the entire time,

I started out a little rocky in the first verse of my song,

and it irritated me that she stopped looking at me when I hit the chorus,

probably to write some things down on my paper -

but I projected my voice.... really loud, which made her stare at me again - woo.

Everyone... in my group was nervous - a girls voice cracked when she was singing,

and another girl was sick.... T.T

The dancer was a little boy... HE WAS SO CUTE. . . just sayin. 

Anyways overall it was a great experience. , , 

:D 

Woot, another tall person, haha

I wandered in at 5'10.5" and felt a little too tall at first XP

Could I ask you a few things though?

Given that you're Caucasian, did the judge seem to pay any less/different attention to you than everyone else? >.<

Also, the model - did the judge pay attention to her just as much as anyone else? I mean, she didn't seem any less attentive just because they weren't a singer/dancer, did she?

And lastly...what did the judge ask the model to do? I've heard so many things...some say it's just photos, others that it's 3 poses and a walk, some say 5 and a walk....

once you entered the big room, to your left there was this white desk (supposedly 2 girls were sitting there). that was where everyone registered.

SM and JYP usually do come to Vancouver every year unless they change their mind so just prepare yourself for next year.

you should go next time and don't give up!! you never know to be honest. and in my opinion, if you want to be a performer, the auditions are a good way to gain some confidence and experience. how i look at it is that let's say you have a 0.1% chance of making it if you participate in the audition... but if you don't go, that's already a 0% chance of you making it so you might as well try. but don't worry, i'm sure that many opportunities will come your way.

companies never check email auditions just to let you know. you're better off with post/mail auditions.

i hope to see you in the next SM global audition btw. :) fighting!!~~~

Are you serious? Dammit, I was completely blindsighted then OTL I nearly crashed into the guy wearing the "STAFF" tag when he came down the stairs, but aside from him, I never saw anybody that looked like they were part of the auditions...

Argh...

The reason that I hate myself so much for missing it this year though is that for the last two Global Auditions, because of my parents, I wasn't able to make it.

I tried email auditions but only got a reply once and then never a follow up after that. I finally got so damn close...and my fear of failure kicked in full force OTL

I'm...getting kind of "old" by Korean entertainment world standards so I feel like the clock is ticking...I keep telling myself the fact that I look almost ten years younger than I am and that all the positive compliments and what not that I got while I was in Korea will help, but I have issues with myself so it never really sticks OTL

I'm thinking of going to the weekly LA auditions...apparently those are one-on-one and the flight fare actually isn't too bad...I could be there and back within the same day, heh ^^;;

The downside to that is that aside from the sources I've so far read saying that the judge there looks barely like an intern, she doesn't care for anyone but those that sing - it's kind of putting me off...

So...I'm debating on that, but I'll definitely be sending a mailed audition to Korea, and if I don't fly to L.A., I'll mail them too...

Guest eternalmerkamoon

^ no one's ever going to get a rejection email. that would just be a complete waste of their time when you think of how many applicants they go through daily and how many people are at each of the global auditions

Archived