SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest dicentrarose

im going to toronto too!

when did you submit your application?

i sent my first application in december through hotmail, another in january through gmail, and ANOTHER through yahoo recently in february.

you could say i got increasingly paranoid, haha.

im so worried now... OMGOMGOGMOGMO... i still didnt get a reply..

Lol I submitted my application two days after it came out i believe. BUT I did send my application twice the other one was in late november early december through Gmail.

Don't worry about it! My friend just got hers today and she was freaking out about it too.

Besides don't they allow walk-ins? According to everyone else's experience that is.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LucKy#1

iono it doesnt look like a call back or maybe it is would you like me to send you the email and tell me what you think?

uhh yea sure if u want me to. just send to kangminhae@hotmail.com just put the title to soompi then ill kno its from u

Guest TaeyeonsHusband

To all the toronto people

Wait it out i sent one like a month ago with hotmail twice and gmail once. i got my time in hotmail :3 just be patient if you dont get a time, some people say walkins are allowed :3 so no worries

Guest maaahge_19

Ok so im new here but ive been watching this thread for a while and i thought i'd share my experience of the audition~

Ok so I went to the NY audition on Feb 18th.  I sent in my email application one week before the audition date.  I waited about 2 days and started getting nervous because I wasnt getting any replies so i sent it again.  But when i checked again on thursday (2 days before the audition) I got an email telling me my time was 1:30. 

So I had SAT tutoring till 11 and I left for Nyc and got there around 1.  When I got there, there was a HUGE line and I was on line for like an hour and a half.  When I got in I waited in the waiting room for another hour- just about.  I really dont think it matters what number you are or what your audition time was because even though mine was 1:30 i auditioned around 4pm.  

So i walked into the "room" with 4 other people in my group.  It wasnt even a real room, it was a small corner/cubicle like room and there was a glass wall with a doorway cut out.  there was a giant SM poster and we stood in front of it on a tape line.  There was one lady judge and one lady with a camera. Al the people in my group were asian but they all sand american songs.  I was the last to sing and I was the only one to sing a korean song.  I was so nervous but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  

when everyone else sang, the judge didnt really look up.  She was on her phone or looking at applications.  She was nice though she let everyone finish and for the first girl- there was a communication issue and the girl finished singing and said.. "oh im done now" i dont know why she said that but the judge was like "you can sing again, sure" so the girl was like... oh ok... I dont think either of them understood what the other said.  so the girl sang again but she messed up so the judge was like "ok i think thats enough" and they went on down the line..

people who are thinking of singing adele... unless ur amazing at a song i suggest you rethink it bc A LOT of people sang adele

ANYWAY lol when it was my turn, I sang pretty loudly and the judge looked up from her phone at me and watched me sing.  I sang a korean song btw.  I finished my song and I think it was kind of short (  they ask you to sing the climax of the song and you have 30 seconds)

She smiled at me and asked me in korean to sing another song. So I sang another song and i was getting really nervous and idk i think my voice was giving out lol and she cut me off and said "ok thats good thank you" so then we all just walked out.... that was it.  no one in my group was asked to stay behind.

I really regret my second song choice... I should have sung another korean song (i sang love song by sara baralleiles)... I remember reading on the application sheet that they would email you 1-2 weeks after the audition if you failed or passed.  Im guessing it'll take a lot longer though considering all the people who auditioned.  

it was really fun and I would definitely audition again if i got the chance :)

just reply to me if you have any questions!!

Guest tesiazzz

Ok so im new here but ive been watching this thread for a while and i thought i'd share my experience of the audition~

Ok so I went to the NY audition on Feb 18th. I sent in my email application one week before the audition date. I waited about 2 days and started getting nervous because I wasnt getting any replies so i sent it again. But when i checked again on thursday (2 days before the audition) I got an email telling me my time was 1:30.

So I had SAT tutoring till 11 and I left for Nyc and got there around 1. When I got there, there was a HUGE line and I was on line for like an hour and a half. When I got in I waited in the waiting room for another hour- just about. I really dont think it matters what number you are or what your audition time was because even though mine was 1:30 i auditioned around 4pm.

So i walked into the "room" with 4 other people in my group. It wasnt even a real room, it was a small corner/cubicle like room and there was a glass wall with a doorway cut out. there was a giant SM poster and we stood in front of it on a tape line. There was one lady judge and one lady with a camera. Al the people in my group were asian but they all sand american songs. I was the last to sing and I was the only one to sing a korean song. I was so nervous but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

when everyone else sang, the judge didnt really look up. She was on her phone or looking at applications. She was nice though she let everyone finish and for the first girl- there was a communication issue and the girl finished singing and said.. "oh im done now" i dont know why she said that but the judge was like "you can sing again, sure" so the girl was like... oh ok... I dont think either of them understood what the other said. so the girl sang again but she messed up so the judge was like "ok i think thats enough" and they went on down the line..

people who are thinking of singing adele... unless ur amazing at a song i suggest you rethink it bc A LOT of people sang adele

ANYWAY lol when it was my turn, I sang pretty loudly and the judge looked up from her phone at me and watched me sing. I sang a korean song btw. I finished my song and I think it was kind of short ( they ask you to sing the climax of the song and you have 30 seconds)

She smiled at me and asked me in korean to sing another song. So I sang another song and i was getting really nervous and idk i think my voice was giving out lol and she cut me off and said "ok thats good thank you" so then we all just walked out.... that was it. no one in my group was asked to stay behind.

I really regret my second song choice... I should have sung another korean song (i sang love song by sara baralleiles)... I remember reading on the application sheet that they would email you 1-2 weeks after the audition if you failed or passed. Im guessing it'll take a lot longer though considering all the people who auditioned.

it was really fun and I would definitely audition again if i got the chance :)

just reply to me if you have any questions!!

hey, is it better to sing in korean or english? I'm chinese so my pronunciation would be off.

my audition-suggestions?

thanks!

Guest MissYuuli

New to Soompi  ;//u//; ~~

After reading all the audition experiences,

it made me feel a bit more relieved to know what may be coming ahead for Canada,

so thanks for posting Q//u//Q !

I was wondering, would it be weird if I sang a Japanese song?

I'm not Japanese, but I'm most comfortable with it.

Hopefully not!

Anyone heading to Vancouver, best of luck!  c; !

And to the people who've already auditioned as well!

[ OHMYGOSH, FREAKING OUT  /HUFFHUFF ]

Guest xXDoodles26Xx

Hey guys! I'm planning to go to the Toronto auditions but before that, i have a BAJILLION questions to ask, :P!

First, i was wondering if you needed your parent to be there if you're under 18.

i ask because i went to my friends modeling thing, but they wouldn't let me do it

cause i was 17, and it was a "serious" company, -_-.

second, i was wondering how much was TOO much, when it comes down to dressing for the audition!

and finally, did people introduce themselves at all?

or did they just sing/ dance immediately !

sigh, this is my first audition so i'm super nervous :S !

Guest starzXshinee

Hey guys! I'm planning to go to the Toronto auditions but before that, i have a BAJILLION questions to ask, :P!

First, i was wondering if you needed your parent to be there if you're under 18.

i ask because i went to my friends modeling thing, but they wouldn't let me do it

cause i was 17, and it was a "serious" company, -_-.

second, i was wondering how much was TOO much, when it comes down to dressing for the audition!

and finally, did people introduce themselves at all?

or did they just sing/ dance immediately !

sigh, this is my first audition so i'm super nervous :S !

Normally for these auditions, you do not need a parent unless it is serious like the Survival Auditions. But if you are 17 or older, you do not need a parent. (:

TOO much would be wearing a dress that you would for a school dance [for guys: dress shirts, suits, etc] or something flashy that you see stars wear when they are on stage.

Do not introduce yourself UNLESS they ask you to do so. Introductions take too much time. You sing/ dance immediately or when they tell you to start.

Good luck! (:

Remember, BE CONFIDENT!

Guest xXDoodles26Xx

^ Waah, thank you T^T !!!

i'll just brush up on my bathroom singing in preparation for the audition, xD!

Hey everyone!

It's been a while, so here's an update ^^

Basically I got a reply from SM a few days ago, saying my scheduled time was at 1:30pm.

It was an automated message sent out to large chunks of people at a time, because there was no specific address for the reciever.

That means they probably sent the default "1:30pm" message to 50-100 people that were supposed to go at that time.

However... on Saturdays I have a piano lesson at 1:30pm, and although I can reschedule it, I wanted to ask if I could change my schedule time just in case I couldn't.

So basically I sent a reply back to that email, but there was no response. So I sent an email to the canadian audition help email (2012cahelp@smtown.com) and i got a reply the next day!:

"Hello. This is audition manager.

You can come at the audition at any time you possible.

Our audition time is pm 12:30 to pm 5:30.

Thank you."

I think they KNOW that the scheduled times may not work out the way they want it to...

So instead of rescheduling me they just told me to go whatever, haha.

This implies that they're accepting walk-ins... well, it was already confirmed from other cities, but at least we know now they'll accept walk-ins at Toronto, right?

I'm going at around 3:00pm. And... I'm probably going to be put like at the END of the list, but I don't care, haha. It's good to meet people, warm up my vocals, and just prepare myself vocally and mentally before I go. It'll also help me get used to the atmosphere and stuff. I'm predicting that my actual audition will be like at 7:00pm hahaha XD

Well, good luck to everybody! PRACTICE! ^^

Guest RaeRawr

Hey I came from the Los Angeles audition which was on March 3rd.

So i went got there, there was a line they didn't accept people to go inside (got their early) But I strongly suggest get their as your audition time tells you!!!!

They call by audition time. My time was 1:30 but i didn't audition until like 3 and I left at somewhere at 3. 

So when you enter the building they give you registration and you fill it out in this room filled with k-pop posters and their showing EX-O teasers and stuff. When they call your time on your email you go to turn your application in and they give you a number. I was A62, so they kept calling like B's and  I was like this is taking so long. :(

When they call your number your in a group with other people and then you go down to the judges, the room for the LA audition was downstairs and it was kind of dark. We had to stand at the end of the room and it was a carpet floor. The judge was a girl and a man. Plus a camera person was there recording. There was this Korean girl in my group who forgot her lyrics and couldn't remember it so she had a paper but she was like of ashamed so she stop, she barely sang. My group there was 3 who sang well and 2 that sucked. and 2 dancers. So yeah my friend (i didn't have the same audition time) she got asked to stay because she dances like REALLY good and the lady judge was went to the camera and was like "oh use the floor and use all the room!" and my friend was sooo happy. Btw she was black if it makes a difference if your discourage to try out if your not Asian.

BTW alot of the models wore dresses and heels and makeup. Infact you can wear makeup and dresses if you want too they don't seem to care. 

Guest wynniebear

So i went got there, there was a line they didn't accept people to go inside (got their early) But I strongly suggest get their as your audition time tells you!!!!

They call by audition time. My time was 1:30 but i didn't audition until like 3 and I left at somewhere at 3. 

So when you enter the building they give you registration and you fill it out in this room filled with k-pop posters and their showing EX-O teasers and stuff. When they call your time on your email you go to turn your application in and they give you a number. I was A62, so they kept calling like B's and  I was like this is taking so long. :(

When they call your number your in a group with other people and then you go down to the judges, the room for the LA audition was downstairs and it was kind of dark. We had to stand at the end of the room and it was a carpet floor. The judge was a girl and a man. Plus a camera person was there recording. There was this Korean girl in my group who forgot her lyrics and couldn't remember it so she had a paper but she was like of ashamed so she stop, she barely sang. My group there was 3 who sang well and 2 that sucked. and 2 dancers. So yeah my friend (i didn't have the same audition time) she got asked to stay because she dances like REALLY good and the lady judge was went to the camera and was like "oh use the floor and use all the room!" and my friend was sooo happy. Btw she was black if it makes a difference if your discourage to try out if your not Asian.

BTW alot of the models wore dresses and heels and makeup. Infact you can wear makeup and dresses if you want too they don't seem to care. 

okay you have GOT to keep me updated on your friend because i REALLY wants to know if she makes it in! I'm black too and I really wanna see a black k-pop star!( which is one of the reasons why I root for lee michelle on kpop star) anyways yeah plz kinda keep me updated thxxx

Guest PrinceOfTennis559

I guess I'll tell/write my experience here...

I was put into a group with a small little girl. She was ADORABLE! The cutest thing ever!!! She sang "You Raise Me Up" and it was too much cuteness for me to handle. After she sang, the judged asked her if she spoke Korean, and she replied, "Ne." SO CUUUUTE! XD She was asked to introduce herself in Korean and to sing another song. She did the introduction, but didn't want to sing another song. Her response... "No." Flat out. Oh my gosh. That little girl made the whole audition fun for me.

The next to audition was a girl and she sang "The Rumor Has It" by Adele. In my opinion, bad song choice because the song doesn't really need powerful vocals to pull off 'cause it just needs a voice that can be charismatic and sultry. Sass! Plus, it would be awkward trying to arrange that song to where it showed off your vocals.

Moving on... The next two to audition were dancers, so they had to wait until all the singers auditioned. I was the sixth one in the group, so I started getting nervous because I thought it would be a while for my turn.

The next guy... Tall. Standing next to him was intimidating. Dark hair. Big eyes. He was 17 apparently... I guess he said it in Chinese because I didn't understand anything at all except when the judge spoke English. He sang that one song that Onew and Yoseob did on a variety show... "The first time I fell in love was long ago... I didn't know how to give my love at all..." He did really well... Shaky, but not bad. They asked him to sing again. This time, he sang in Korean. This dude seriously gave it his all this time. And I can tell... Standing next to him was nerve-wrecking because he was belting out a song, and I had to go after him. After he finished his song, they made him put his hair up to do some profile shots. During that time, my brain forgot the lyrics to the song... I was frantically screaming in my head until I remembered the lyrics. Then the lady looked at me and said, "Next."

I nodded my head, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath... "Oh~ My Little Princess. Ijeggo sumgyoon. Namanui sarang nul boyyojulggoya." Towards the end, I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me... Almost messed up on Yunho's part, but I recovered. And then on ChangMin's little adlib at the end, I sort of gave up on it because I was done singing. XD She smiled and said, "Next."

The next girl did acting in English. She was okay... I wish she would have made it a little more energetic? I don't know what it was, but she was missing something...

The next girl... Oh my lord... Beautiful singer! I was happy that the judge asked her to sing again because she was amazingly good! Loved the tone of her voice.

The next girl was okay. She was probably nervous having to go up after the previous singer.

The last guy was a dancer, and I met him in the waiting room. (Totally forgot your name! I'm horrible! T^T) The dancers had the floor and it was an all out battle for the floor. Yeah! Step Up!!! XD The girl in the middle was really good! Doing hip hop moves. The other girl was okay, but she was being overshadowed by the girl in the middle. My friend was giving his all with his BBoy moves, but I could tell that the carpet was not letting him perform to his fullest. I was sad that he gave up towards the end. Keep fighting dude! Don't give up!

After everyone was done, the tall boy before me was asked to stay behind while the rest of us left the room. I guess he got the automatic "Yes" from the judges.

The experience was so surreal and enjoyable! I met some pretty cool people along the way! Thank you to the girl who said that she liked my song choice. XD

Guest xTissuex

So everyone is posting about their audition post and ill mine =p ...btw...im new to sommpi XD

First i didn't audition in the states,  i audtioned when they came to China which was Feb,11 on Saturday, so im not sure if everything is the same. I applied for the singing category and practiced really hard for the audition. Then audition day i went to the location. At first there werent alot of people since i went SUPER early, but people starting to quickly fill the room until it was packed....and there ARE walk in auditions, I waited for an hour tell i got my number and then another like 30 minutes till we actually went to the audition room. So in the china audition's there are 20 people in the room, 10 are standing behind a line and performing while 10 are sitting on the side waiting to go and there is only one judge (the judge was really preatty)  not three. While i was waiting the group in front of me thre was a REALLY good guy singer, but in the end he got beat by another female singer, and so the girl got asked to stay back and sit behind the judge and sit quietly and wait. So when it was my turn i knew that they were going to do on the spot call backs and that fact made me really nervous. SO we went down the line, and i didnt really notice what the other people do since i was like in my own zone at the moment. The the WORST thing happened, the guy in front of me was like a PROsinger he was like really good so it made me even more nervous. The judge asked him to sing another song  to do the camera stuff, and then she moved onto me. I was really nervous but i just did my best, and i actually did really well. I thought that the judge would just say next, but she actually asked me to sing another song. I was really surprised so it took me a while to start and after i finished she said next. When our group finished our judge asked for two numbers to stay and sit behind her, and at first my brain didnt react fast enough and i didnt realize it was my number, but then the translator said the number again i looked down at my number and realized it was freaking mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So me and the guy before me just walked behind the judge and sat there. After that it was just really boring.....we had to watch ALL  the other morning auditions but nobody else got chosen to sit with us. And when the final morning audition endedthe judge asked the four of us who were chosen to (after this point i cant really describe in detail since i dont know if im allowed to say =0 ) perfrom again and do self-introduction in front of the camera. And one by one we did that and she just said thank you and told us we can go. So in the end im not really sure what happenes now....... Im still waitiing for my email since i didnt get it yet, but i stillhave 6 days before its been exactly one month, and im still hoping but i dont think ill be dissapointed if i dont get one(maeby)  =(.  

I REALY WANT MY EMAIL >< wish me luck hehe

Guest Skycat

Hey evevryone I'm goign to the Toronto Auditions for Molding. I sent my appaication yesterday and got an awser TODAY it was super Quick my time 11:30. This is my first time doing something like this, so should I wear makeup, what type of clothes should I wear, and how many poses I should have ready for them.

Guest tesiazzz

So everyone is posting about their audition post and ill mine =p ...btw...im new to sommpi XD

First i didn't audition in the states,  i audtioned when they came to China which was Feb,11 on Saturday, so im not sure if everything is the same. I applied for the singing category and practiced really hard for the audition. Then audition day i went to the location. At first there werent alot of people since i went SUPER early, but people starting to quickly fill the room until it was packed....and there ARE walk in auditions, I waited for an hour tell i got my number and then another like 30 minutes till we actually went to the audition room. So in the china audition's there are 20 people in the room, 10 are standing behind a line and performing while 10 are sitting on the side waiting to go and there is only one judge (the judge was really preatty)  not three. While i was waiting the group in front of me thre was a REALLY good guy singer, but in the end he got beat by another female singer, and so the girl got asked to stay back and sit behind the judge and sit quietly and wait. So when it was my turn i knew that they were going to do on the spot call backs and that fact made me really nervous. SO we went down the line, and i didnt really notice what the other people do since i was like in my own zone at the moment. The the WORST thing happened, the guy in front of me was like a PROsinger he was like really good so it made me even more nervous. The judge asked him to sing another song  to do the camera stuff, and then she moved onto me. I was really nervous but i just did my best, and i actually did really well. I thought that the judge would just say next, but she actually asked me to sing another song. I was really surprised so it took me a while to start and after i finished she said next. When our group finished our judge asked for two numbers to stay and sit behind her, and at first my brain didnt react fast enough and i didnt realize it was my number, but then the translator said the number again i looked down at my number and realized it was freaking mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So me and the guy before me just walked behind the judge and sat there. After that it was just really boring.....we had to watch ALL  the other morning auditions but nobody else got chosen to sit with us. And when the final morning audition endedthe judge asked the four of us who were chosen to (after this point i cant really describe in detail since i dont know if im allowed to say =0 ) perfrom again and do self-introduction in front of the camera. And one by one we did that and she just said thank you and told us we can go. So in the end im not really sure what happenes now....... Im still waitiing for my email since i didnt get it yet, but i stillhave 6 days before its been exactly one month, and im still hoping but i dont think ill be dissapointed if i dont get one(maeby)  =(.  

I REALY WANT MY EMAIL >< wish me luck hehe

ahh good luck! (do you have a video of you singing?^^)

Guest RaeRawr

Hey evevryone I'm goign to the Toronto Auditions for Molding. I sent my appaication yesterday and got an awser TODAY it was super Quick my time 11:30. This is my first time doing something like this, so should I wear makeup, what type of clothes should I wear, and how many poses I should have ready for them.

Get there atleast 10-15 minutes before your audition time. You can if you want too wear makeup, many models do. Remember if your a model you should be tall like 5'7. Appropriate clothes for a korean audition hmmm.. i saw some girls wear dresses and heels but I suggest don't wear heels that are too high. You need 5 poses. 

I guess I'll tell/write my experience here...

I was put into a group with a small little girl. She was ADORABLE! The cutest thing ever!!! She sang "You Raise Me Up" and it was too much cuteness for me to handle. After she sang, the judged asked her if she spoke Korean, and she replied, "Ne." SO CUUUUTE! XD She was asked to introduce herself in Korean and to sing another song. She did the introduction, but didn't want to sing another song. Her response... "No." Flat out. Oh my gosh. That little girl made the whole audition fun for me.

The next to audition was a girl and she sang "The Rumor Has It" by Adele. In my opinion, bad song choice because the song doesn't really need powerful vocals to pull off 'cause it just needs a voice that can be charismatic and sultry. Sass! Plus, it would be awkward trying to arrange that song to where it showed off your vocals.

Moving on... The next two to audition were dancers, so they had to wait until all the singers auditioned. I was the sixth one in the group, so I started getting nervous because I thought it would be a while for my turn.

The next guy... Tall. Standing next to him was intimidating. Dark hair. Big eyes. He was 17 apparently... I guess he said it in Chinese because I didn't understand anything at all except when the judge spoke English. He sang that one song that Onew and Yoseob did on a variety show... "The first time I fell in love was long ago... I didn't know how to give my love at all..." He did really well... Shaky, but not bad. They asked him to sing again. This time, he sang in Korean. This dude seriously gave it his all this time. And I can tell... Standing next to him was nerve-wrecking because he was belting out a song, and I had to go after him. After he finished his song, they made him put his hair up to do some profile shots. During that time, my brain forgot the lyrics to the song... I was frantically screaming in my head until I remembered the lyrics. Then the lady looked at me and said, "Next."

I nodded my head, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath... "Oh~ My Little Princess. Ijeggo sumgyoon. Namanui sarang nul boyyojulggoya." Towards the end, I opened my eyes and saw her staring at me... Almost messed up on Yunho's part, but I recovered. And then on ChangMin's little adlib at the end, I sort of gave up on it because I was done singing. XD She smiled and said, "Next."

The next girl did acting in English. She was okay... I wish she would have made it a little more energetic? I don't know what it was, but she was missing something...

The next girl... Oh my lord... Beautiful singer! I was happy that the judge asked her to sing again because she was amazingly good! Loved the tone of her voice.

The next girl was okay. She was probably nervous having to go up after the previous singer.

The last guy was a dancer, and I met him in the waiting room. (Totally forgot your name! I'm horrible! T^T) The dancers had the floor and it was an all out battle for the floor. Yeah! Step Up!!! XD The girl in the middle was really good! Doing hip hop moves. The other girl was okay, but she was being overshadowed by the girl in the middle. My friend was giving his all with his BBoy moves, but I could tell that the carpet was not letting him perform to his fullest. I was sad that he gave up towards the end. Keep fighting dude! Don't give up!

After everyone was done, the tall boy before me was asked to stay behind while the rest of us left the room. I guess he got the automatic "Yes" from the judges.

The experience was so surreal and enjoyable! I met some pretty cool people along the way! Thank you to the girl who said that she liked my song choice. XD

hey by any fact did you sang 

Dbsk - My Little Princess did you go to the Los angeles audition? 

Also is your name Cody? 

Guest Mimishu123

Thanks for sharing your experience!

So does this mean we need to follow the times given to us on email? so there shouldn't be any walk-ins or first come first serve anymore?

I'm gonna be auditioning in Toronto, and I was hoping to go earlier than my actual time =$ Thanks!

Guest RaeRawr

Thanks for sharing your experience!

So does this mean we need to follow the times given to us on email? so there shouldn't be any walk-ins or first come first serve anymore?

I'm gonna be auditioning in Toronto, and I was hoping to go earlier than my actual time =$ Thanks!

Yes follow the time given on your email. There are walk-ins after EVERYONE with appointments end. No it is not first come first serve. 

Archived