SNSD and Chocolat Songwriter Goes on A Racist Tirade Against Black People

Guest thefemaleboss_94

A new post on her blog, "Jenny Hyun has been admitted to a hospital today.   She is a paranoid schizophrenic and has been battling mental illness, a debilitating disease for many years. Friends and family of Jenny want to extend their sincere apology for any harmful statements made verbally or via the web that Jenny has made while she was in the height of a psyshosis episode.   We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time for her." I made a comment on the article mentioning that, while it doesn't excuse the hateful things she said, she has blogged about having schizophrenia and previously having a mental breakdown. I'm not a professional but having grown up with someone who had multiple mental illnesses I could see something was wrong by her posts on her blog and that hatefulness she was spewing on twitter. It seemed like there was something more than just being a racist bigot. I hope that she gets the help she needs and surrounds herself with positive people.

Not to be mean, but if she knew, her family knew, her company knew, every damn person in the world knew she had 'paranoi schizophrenia' then why are people not monitoring her, especially if she's off her meds?

No offense, but she pretty much said everything I don't have the balls to say for fear that I'll be jumped by a whole gang of savages.

Jenny Hyun is awesome.

Some black must have said a whole bunch of mini cooper to something she liked and when she disagreed the black said a bunch of mini cooper to her.

The f*** does mini cooper mean? 'Must have said a bunch of mini cooper' That doesn't even make any sense. And how can you agree wih anything she said? It's that sort of thinking that lead to the attempted eradication of jewish people. And the fact that you said a whole gang of savages makes you just as richard simmons backwards. For starters, it's not 'some black', that is just plain rude. The fact that you attempt to blame the racist remarks she made, on an african american person saying something to her, is just plain stupid. Thanks for making people sound like a bunch of dumbf****

Not to be mean, but if she knew, her family knew, her company knew, every damn person in the world knew she had 'paranoi schizophrenia' then why are people not monitoring her, especially if she's off her meds?

What are you taking about? People obviously ARE monitoring her if she is already committed to a hospital just a day after this blew up. We don't know her situation well enough to say that her family or doctors are at fault for not micromanaging her daily life to the point that everything she does on a computer is pre-screened. She very well could have been lucid prior to this and not shown signs of a breakdown.

She’s a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and an inpatient. If you don’t have any understanding of this disease, please just stop posting. The words she said are not “negated” by this condition, but you should be a better person than to persecute a mentally ill person for their remarks. Untreated paranoid schizophrenia is extremely serious and not something that should be ignored. She needs help, and apparently is now  getting it. It’s not something to judge her about on the internet. If you want to get up at arms over racism, believe me there are PLENTY of racist bigots that will tell you the exact same words that she said, and they don’t suffer from schizophrenia. Please go find them instead of crucifying the mentally ill.

If it’s not true, screw her doubly for trying to play off mental illness as a defense. But looking back at her previous posts, she does make reference to her illness a long time ago, and her words scream schizophrenia to me. So I do not believe she’s faking.

Guest kiju87h

This is really my final post. I said I wouldn't reply again but here I am since my response will be different then explaining previous posts. The whole situation is just too negative to want to read or comment about anymore.

I tried so many times to write this reply but kept going off on a tangent. qasqas left a better response then I could. Honestly, the only thing I can say (while staying on topic and answering your question) is I don't know her specific situation so I can't tell you why or how it got to the point where she needed to be hospitalized. Sometimes these things just happen before you realize what's going on and there's nothing you can do but roll with the punches. If someone is having a psychotic episode or is manic the first thing they need is help and everything thing else can come later.

Guest AceFondu

Video about Jenny Hyun's racist self!

http://youtu.be/0Ka5kLwb7b0

This video is dumb, The Girl in the video stated "keep in mind, shes asian. richard simmons STFU Your asian"

That blatantly interprates the phrase, "Your asian, You can't do mini cooper"

Really just made another racist attack....

Guest PsychedelicAir

Please read the following in the nicest tone possible:

An medical illness does not make one racist

Hospitalized or not, she is still a racist

As for the racist reactions of others, can't say it was not expected

None that I have come across have been anything equivalent to her remarks though

To call out for an all-Back genocide where she would play the role of Hitler set the bar really high.

Should others respond to her hate with hate - no... but I see no reason why they should not be so furious

I'm struggling to feel sympathetic for her

If anything, I pity her

... and I refuse to believe anything until a proper medical announcement confirming the convenient revolution in this mess.

Guest ChrisReeves12

You know, as a Black person, of course I was very offended by these ignorant and unnecessary remarks made by Jenny Hyun. I would be just as angry if a Black person was saying this about Asian people, or any one. I don't think hating Jenny is the answer...she just has been brought up wrong...or perhaps she's had a very bad experience with a Black person. Even if this were this case, this certainly, in no way shape or fashion justifies what she said and what she did, and I find it quite appalling that such a talented girl would turn her music career to Swiss cheese because her mental illness allowed her true racism to be seen. 

I think, as Black people, we should just shower her with love. I know that sounds insane, but hating her, threatening her, would only prove her point further. I know it would be quite difficult, but I have dealt with racist people before and to be honest with you, there's probably a lot of people who feel the same way she does, but just aren't tweeting about it for everyone to see.

Guest koreanballads

I don't get this comparison

Unlike war occupations, the net is where what you see is what you see. So if a series of psychopathic racial posts are posted online by a particular person, they are there for the online community to view. There is no restriction, no age limit, no demographic limit, no limit whatsoever, The messages travel and spread so far and wide.

Wars have too much restriction that the laws of war can be modified and the large mass outside the war-zone would not be aware of it. So I am baffled by your comparisons here because even though I can see what you are getting at, it's really not an even weighed argument.

The fact that I was made aware of Danny Chen's story via the internet means the medium in which both Chen's and Hyun's stories were transmitted in are the same.  War occupation and the larger war itself had nothing to do with the dissemination, or lack thereof, of Chen's story.  He was the target of racial bullying and this contributed to his death, plain and simple.  Herein lies the difference: in Hyun's case racism hurt some people's sensibilities, in Chen's case, he gave up his life.  A consequentialist calculus would say that Chen's case was just as bad, if not worse.  But it didn't get nearly as much press as Jenny Hyun's tirade.

Look at the Soompi thread:

http://www.soompi.co...soldiers-death/

The OP was posted On Dec. 21st...grand total of 3 replies in that thread.  How many replies ITT? 27 and counting.

"The large mass" you speak of is unaware simply because anti-Asian racism is hardly newsworthy, but anti-black racism automatically means we're now on Defcon 1.

I acknowledge that Jenny Hyun is probably racist as hell against blacks, my point is that the comparative lack of attention given to Danny Chen's murder/suicide is a stark reminder of the laughable state of race relations in America today.

The fact that Danny Chen is getting an inquiry just goes to show the commitment there is to find truth in a system that is so flawed and troubled because no one has been putting the pressure of correction down on it.  The men have been condemned but transferred to another Afghanistan camp so they can continue their madness. So far, Jenny hasn't had any reaction of condemnation from the k-pop industry... the silent support is despicable. I'm sick of people setting up pulling the Race X vs. Race Y move

Smoke and mirrors. I can tell you right now that racist incidents will continue to occur in the U.S. military.  There might not be any condemnation from the K-pop industry but at least K-pop fans have been pretty quick to condemn her.  I doubt she'll ever write a song for a K-pop label ever again, let alone salvage her career.

Even though she is a paranoid schizophrenic, I am still offended by her and more so when others out there agree with her. The lack of education and respect was repulsive. She sunk herself lower than low... and as a Black person, I refuse to support kpop. I'll enjoy it but not one penny will go forward to making a contribution to a music industry that supports anti-black sentiments... which is sad considering how drenched kpop is with Black-originated music

K-pop, and pop music in general, for that matter, is mostly schlock so more power to you.

Guest PsychedelicAir

The fact that I was made aware of Danny Chen's story via the internet means the medium in which both Chen's and Hyun's stories were transmitted in are the same.  War occupation and the larger war itself had nothing to do with the dissemination, or lack thereof, of Chen's story.  He was the target of racial bullying and this contributed to his death, plain and simple.  Herein lies the difference: in Hyun's case racism hurt some people's sensibilities, in Chen's case, he gave up his life.  A consequentialist calculus would say that Chen's case was just as bad, if not worse.  But it didn't get nearly as much press as Jenny Hyun's tirade.

The difference between the two cases is that one was made directly to an online platform whereas the other was not. When the shooting occurred - no one addressed it openly in its absolute rawness. Hence why I consider the comparison unbalanced.

Jenny committed her actions on Twitter - the military committed their actions on soil and the only way we, outside those grounds, are going to find out is through media coverage. When you read the news coverage, you read what has been passed on to other people... and that is rarely the 100% truth. In the case of military, there is this duty/"duty" to hide certain information to save being exposed. You don't get the absolute picture... am I making any sense? When the media dilutes what really happened, it does result to a reduction in attention.

This doesn't just happen to Asian, the biggest and most-ignored example is what we have been given almost every single day in the War of Terror where Arab deaths would not often receive a mention of their names but a non-Arab "heroic" soldier gets the name and background information. I do acknowledge that there is a divide within military itself, but the greatest scale of divide is the war itself... so when you pull the Black-racism-gets-more-acknowledgement-than-Asian-racism I can't help but feel a little frustrated.

As for the Soompi thread, I cannot speak of it but I am aware of other forums and most importantly independent news outlets that have done a great job raising awareness and educating one another about the flaws in the war system. There is a greater reaction and movement happening than what is presented in that Soompi thread

Guest thefemaleboss_94

What are you taking about? People obviously ARE monitoring her if she is already committed to a hospital just a day after this blew up. We don't know her situation well enough to say that her family or doctors are at fault for not micromanaging her daily life to the point that everything she does on a computer is pre-screened. She very well could have been lucid prior to this and not shown signs of a breakdown.

She’s a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and an inpatient. If you don’t  have any understanding of this disease, please just stop posting. The  words she said are not “negated” by this condition, but you should be a  better person than to persecute a mentally ill person for their remarks.  Untreated paranoid schizophrenia is extremely serious and not something  that should be ignored. She needs help, and apparently is now  getting  it. It’s not something to judge her about on the internet. If you want  to get up at arms over racism, believe me there are PLENTY of racist  bigots that will tell you the exact same words that she said, and they  don’t suffer from schizophrenia. Please go find them instead of  crucifying the mentally ill.

If it’s not true, screw her doubly  for trying to play off mental illness as a defense. But looking back at  her previous posts, she does make reference to her illness a long time  ago, and her words scream schizophrenia to me. So I do not believe she’s  faking.

I'm not trying to persecute her, so cool your jets. I'm just asking a simple question. Why wasn't she taking her medication? If she's not a racist bigot, and it was simply an effect of not taking her medication then I'm not in any place to judge. But, she knowing that she had paranoid schizophrenia, this situation should not have arisen in the first place. It could have easily been avoided.

And i know there are a lot of racist bigots in the world. Dont judge me because I'm asking a simply question. And anyways, as a singer-songwriter, shouldn't her company be monitoring her?

Guest EnGallop

Well I guess if all black people are exterminated, then developed countries can freely steal minerals and resources from Africa without being forced to donate their pennies to "never ending charities" in exchange for billions of dollars in profit. But then who to blatantly exploit after all black people are gone? Indian people? Arab people? Hispanic people? I guess whoever looks the least "white"

She's so crazy that I can't even be mad at her.

i was angry when i first read her rant, but in retrospect, i guess it was pretty obvious that she was mentally ill because no sane person would go off the way she did. schizophrenia really is a disease that will take perfectly normal people and make them think really weird, terrible things about their own family and friends. i've known some really nice people who developed schizophrenia and the kinds of things they said and believe when they become ill -- i mean, it's really an illness that takes over your mind in unbelievable ways. it's not like they were really terrible people all along and the schizophrenia just unearthed it. however, she definitely shouldn't have been off her meds, and it sounds like she's had enough of a history to know this by now, so she's responsible to that extent.

this is just my opinion, but i thought her family and friends who addressed the episode should have done a better job acknowledging that people had a perfectly legitimate reason to feel offended. they did apologize on her behalf, vaguely and briefly, but they didn't address the situation in any concrete terms or even mention the african-american community in any way. and the way they wrote it out, they basically just turned it into a post about how jenny is sick and how we should all be understanding about "this difficult time for her." like, was jenny the only person who experienced a difficult time? just reading the responses to our article, it was pretty clear that her words hurt a LOT of people. soompi was also asked on twitter to delete the article, like the fact that she was sick negates the entire situation -- which it patently doesn't. so no, i didn't like that. jenny may have been sick, but it doesn't automatically mean that everyone will just throw away her words or that they should be expected to do so.

Guest kimkimbumlove123

No offense, but she pretty much said everything I don't have the balls to say for fear that I'll be jumped by a whole gang of savages.

Jenny Hyun is awesome.

Some black must have said a whole bunch of mini cooper to something she liked and when she disagreed the black said a bunch of mini cooper to her.

you think it's ok just because you can't say it you are very pathetic person racism is racism and it is never right..

p.s even if the pinkberry is mentally ill she should even be on twitter true fax.

Guest ailui

Jenny Hyun is awesome.

judging by all of your posts on all the forums i have seen, i'm starting to doubt your worth as a human being

and for you and all the racists, understand this properly: the well developped countries WERE build on slavery and exploition, either by working robotically it's own citizens, reducing what life is to working and dying (and if you agree to that ur nutts), or through forced labour. picture this: you're on your own land just chillin. somebody comes along kills at least part of your family, then you are taken in shackles forced to work to build an economy for others who are exploiting you and if it is not enough they steal a from .....everywhere they can or have a lame but semi-acceptable pretext. after that they decide to hate you for being in their country (ironic isn't it), deny you proper or any education, treat you poorly and then demand that you be civil, and educated. ........that is right how?

if i persecute you, deny you everything and then demand that you provide everything i have clearly denied you....how will you do it?

education is of the generations not of the individual...

that woman's problem is without doubt one of a very personal nature with only one individual most likely but she's hurt and frustrated

what is the reason of your ignorance?

Guest ailui

Please read the following in the nicest tone possible:

An medical illness does not make one racist

Hospitalized or not, she is still a racist

As for the racist reactions of others, can't say it was not expected

None that I have come across have been anything equivalent to her remarks though

To call out for an all-Back genocide where she would play the role of Hitler set the bar really high.

Should others respond to her hate with hate - no... but I see no reason why they should not be so furious

I'm struggling to feel sympathetic for her

If anything, I pity her

... and I refuse to believe anything until a proper medical announcement confirming the convenient revolution in this mess.

do you know anything about mental ilnesses?

mental ilnesses make you anything. a racist, a dictator, a flying pony, it takes you on trips in places you've never actually been, makes random phrases u caught on the street turn into ideas in your mind, it makes you afraid that you will be attacked by the legionaires and whatnot.

so in case u ain't a shrink or know anyone with this type of ilness...well start the sentence with : i believe/ my opinion is...

Archived