Also Known As: You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly / Unexpected You
Genre: Family
Episode: TBD
Broadcast Network: KBS
Broadcast Period: 25 Feb. 2012 – TBD
Air Time: Saturday & Sunday 20:50
Official Site: Here

Plot Summary
The drama tells the story of TV series director Hong Yoon Hee and surgeon Bang Gwi Nam after they get married, who now meets with unreasonable mother-in-law.

Synopsis
Now he has a family! Now she has in-laws! Grandmother-in-law, mother-in-law. That’s not it. Three sisters-in-law! The whole package just rolls into her life! Growing up, Hong Yun Hui had suffered enough from family conflicts between her mother and her paternal grandmother! She doesn’t want to get married so that she wouldn’t have any in-laws to cause trouble. However, she meets the perfect match – A Korean-American adoptee currently working at a general hospital in Seoul. He’s smart and his family lives in New York. Isn’t he the perfect bridegroom? It seemed like Yun Hui could go on with happy honeymoon life forever. However, fate isn’t usually that kind. Her husband finds his biological family! Which means Yun Hui now has in-laws. What is worse and unbelievable is that her in-laws are the next-door neighbors who pick fights with Yun Hui all the time. Yun Hui’s life with in-laws starts like this. Every day is like a war. Living with enemies as one family. Would it ever be possible?

Cast
Family of Cha Yoon Hee
Kim Nam Joo (김남주) as Cha Yoon Hee (차윤희)
Kim Young Ran (김영란) as Han Man Hee (한만희)
Kim Yong Hee (김용희) as Cha Se Joong (차세중)
Kang Min Hyuk (강민혁) as Cha Se Gwang (차세광)
Jin Kyung (진경) as Min Ja Young (민자영)

Little Family of Bang Gwi Nam
Yoo Joon Sang (유준상) as Terry Kang / Bang Gwi Nam (테리 강 / 방귀남)
Kim Sang Ho (김상호) as Bang Jung Bae (방정배)
Nah Young Hee (나영희) as Jang Yang Sil (장양실)
Shim Yi Young (심이영) as Bang Ko Ok (방고옥)
Kwak Dong Yun (곽동연) as Bang Jang Goon (방장군)

Seniors in the Family of Bang Gwi Nam
Yoon Yeo Jung (윤여정) as Uhm Chung Ae (엄청애)
Jang Yong (장용) as Bang Jang Soo (방장수)
Kang Boo Ja (강부자) as Jeon Mak Rye (전막례)

Sister-in-Laws
Yang Jung Ah (양정아) as Bang Il Sook (방일수)
Jo Yoon Hee (조윤희) as Bang Yi Sook (방이숙)
Oh Yeon Seo (오연서) as Bang Mal Sook (방말숙)

Maternal Aunts
Yoo Ji In (유지인) as Uhm Bo Ae (엄보애)
Yang Hee Kyung (양희경) as Uhm Soon Ae (엄순애)

Other Characters
Lee Hee Joon (이희준) as Chun Jae Yong (천재용)
Kim Won Joon (김원준) as Yoon Bin (윤빛)
Kim Hyung Bum (김형범) as Nam Nam Goo (남남구)

Production Credits
Director: Kim Hyung Suk
Screenwriter: Park Ji Eun

Download Resources
- Aja-Aja [Members only]
- Medium Quality

Subtitles
- DarkSmurfSubs

Ratings
Gpwby.jpg

News
Actress Kim Nam-joo to star in KBS 2TV's new weekend drama. (Hancinema)
Added plenty of images and updated cast for the upcoming Korean drama "My Husband Got a Family" (Hancinema)
Added teaser, stills and updated cast for the upcoming Korean drama "My Husband Got a Family" (Hancinema)
CN Blue's Kang Min-hyuk not confirmed for "My Husband Got a Family" (Hancinema)
Jo Yoon-hee confirmed for "My Husband Got a Family"... as a tomboy (Hancinema)
Yoo Joon-sang returns to TV after five years away, with Kim Nam-joo (Hancinema)
Yoon Yeo-jeong in new KBS drama "My Husband Got a Family" (Hancinema)
KBS Global introducing 'My Husband Got A Family' (KBS)
Kim Nam-joo’s new work promises to resonate with modern-day women (KBS)
Kim Nam Joo Goes On Blind Date in 'My Husband Got A Family' (Korean Herald)
Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang Kiss in 'My Husband Got A Family' (KBS)
Three Actresses to Show Power of Sisters in ‘My Husband Got a Family’ (KBS & KBS Media)
"My Husband Got a Family" Achieves 30% Ratings Faster Than Expected (Soompi)
Kim Nam Joo and Lee Hee Joon Transform into Couple (KBS & KBS Media)
In With The Old, Out With The New (joongang.co.kr)
Cha Tae Hyun to Make a Cameo Appearance on 'Unexpected You' (Nate & enewsWorld)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source:

403_l.jpg

A dramatic reversal in this drama occurs when, for the husband, his forgotten family and for the wife, her in-laws, comprising her husband's grandmother, parents-in-law and three sisters-in-law, appeared suddenly before them.

Hong Yun-hi, the wife and the protagonist in this drama, is a woman who had grown up in a family in tussles everyday due to conflicts between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

Before her wedding, she didn't want to marry as she did not want to have another family, the husband's family. At last she encountered a perfectly promising man who was adopted into a family of a Korean businessman in the U.S., graduated from Johns Hopkins University medical school and is now working at a general hospital in Seoul.

He is well-mannered, gentle and sweet and has a sense of humor. All her friends envied her for the smart man, saying that she had good fortune in her later days.

Furthermore, the husband's house is far off in New York and the parents-in-law, who brought five adopted sons in addition to the husband, are known to be on the journey in a remote area and hardly communicated with the family.

In such a condition, the couple could have a dreamlike honeymoon.

By a strange twist of a fate, however, an incident broke out. The husband's family has been found! Unbelievably, the husband's house is just in front of the wife's house. The next-door neighbors have always been in quarrels with her on problems involving waste disposal, parking and stairs cleaning.

It was quite exciting news to appear in the newspaper. (Actually several reporters came to the wife to have interviews, but the wife denied.)

The wife didn't always see eye to eye with the people, who are the husband's family and now her own family, on too many issues.

The husband's grandmother is fastidious, robust and suspicious, the mother-in-law meddlesome and the sister-in-laws have foul tempers.

She doesn't want to live like her mother, but she now may have to go through a more hard life than her mother. She regretted she did not stop her husband from moving to this village shortly after their wedding.

However, looking at the sleeping husband, who has been living for more than 30 years without knowing even the faces of his biological parents, she feels compassion for him and changes her mind.

But the life with the husband's parents and in-laws is wearisome.

This program features raucous and cheerful stories about an unordinary and peculiar family-making of a couple.

February 22, 2012

Kim Nam-joo’s new work promises to resonate with modern-day women

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Actress plays career woman who dreads mother-in-law and must face her fears

Weekend family dramas are an iconic fixture of South Korean television.

At times laugh-out-loud funny or downright melodramatic, these twice-a-week installments voice the underlying concerns we face on a day-to-day basis, acting as companion and cathartic outlet for our anxieties, generally through the lens of an epic, ginormous extended family.

At first glance, the set-up might appear incredibly archaic, impervious to change. After all, how many urban-bound families can still afford to live together in a sprawling hanok-style house?

Yet, the truth is that though the household setting itself may have changed over time, the basic fears, conflicts and happiness filling it have not, which is why these weekend series tend to reel in top viewer ratings and attract legions of devoted viewers.

KBS has long held onto a strong track record in the realm of weekend family fare and its newest series, “You Tumbled Into My Life,” bears the trappings of yet another success.

20120222001136_0.jpg

KBS’ “You Tumbled Into My Life” stars Kim Nam-joo (right) and Yu Jun-sang attend the drama’s press conference

at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul on Tuesday. (Park Hae-mook/The Korea Herald)

Though this is her first family drama, scriptwriter Park Ji-eun is well-versed in whipping out dialogue that resonates with modern-day women, as proven with her tongue-in-cheek, home run series, “My Wife is a Superwoman.”

Actress Kim Nam-joo was point-on in the show, which inevitably led to the teaming up of the two again for the less successful spin-off, “Queen of Reversal.”

Though Kim balks at the thought of partnering up again for a fourth work (“Again? I don’t think viewers will like it,” was her take on the proposal), the two are attempting the marital genre for a third, and, possibly, final time.

In the upcoming series, the heroine, played by Kim, is a successful drama production company producer who marries an orphaned doctor (veteran actor Yu Jun-sang) and thereby acquires the supposed, ultimate career woman’s dream ― accomplished husband minus the in-laws.

Her marital bliss is shattered when her husband finds his birth parents and she realizes she has married more than she has bargained for. Once again, the stage is set for a butting of the heads between daughter-and-mother-in-law.

As with most standard family dramas, this allows viewers a full view of both the wife’s and husband’s siblings’ and parents’ lives, giving the writer a wide expanse of characters to work with.

Scriptwriter Park’s creative prowess will be put to the test with a 19-member ensemble that features characters running the gauntlet from playboy (CNBLUE’s Kang Min-hyuk), rich rogue (“Wild Romance” actor Lee Hee-joon) to a cosmetic surgery employee looking for perks on the job (“Baby-faced Beauty” actress Oh Yeon-seo).

With so many characters to flesh out, Park could fall prey to stereotypes especially when dealing with such sensitive subject matter as cosmetic surgery, but Oh assured reporters that her role will not feed into negative stereotypes about the practice at the drama’s press conference Tuesday.

At the press event, “You Tumbled Into My Life” director Kim Hyung-suk voiced confidence in both the crew and ensemble to keep the narrative from falling flat.

“What differentiates our drama from other series is that it reveals a lot from the get-go,” said Kim.

With each episode moving the plot forward quickly, “it will be fun to watch at every turn,” he added.

Furthermore, the new series also promises to shy away from trying to present neatly packaged solutions to the challenges of married life.

According to actress Kim, her role does not seek to solve concerns regarding the daughter-and-mother-in-law relationship so much as portray and represent them.

“Women can really relate to it,” Kim, 40, said.

“Even if you have stellar in-laws that are very good to you it is still stressful,” Kim, who is married to actor Kim Seung-woo, admitted that even she is not exempt from a little in-law-related anxiety.

“I really relate to this role,” she said, stressing that the script takes a comedic approach to the trials and tribulations of her character, affording viewers the opportunity to find the humor in stressful situations.

“One of scriptwriter Park’s strong points is that she is able to take a double-edged approach to her subject matter,” Kim elaborated. “The tone is both comical and serious, without getting too skewed to one side.”

“You Tumbled Into My Life” starts airing Saturdays and Sundays at 7:55 p.m. on KBS 2 TV Feb. 25.

February 20, 2012

Kim Nam Joo Goes On Blind Date in 'My Husband Got A Family'

Writer: TV Report Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Actress Kim Nam Joo will become a "queen of blind dates" in the KBS 2TV new weekend drama "My Husband Got A Family" (written by Park Ji Eun and directed by Kim Hyung Seok) that will air its first episode on February 25. Kim Nam Joo will play a passionate and capable career woman named Cha Yoon Hee. Cha Yoon Hee is enthusiastic in her work, but she has already announced that she will not marry a man unless he has no family members. She has come to have this thought because of her mother and her female friends who have been going through difficulties due to their husbands' family members. So she goes on blind date hundreds of times to find her Mr.Right who is a capable orphan who has no family.

1321_3455_l.jpg

Kim Nam Joo attracted attention with her perfect acting while playing the old single woman Cha Yoon Hee on blind dates. She came to her blind dates with an innocent appearance, but suddenly presented daring and cunning facial expressions. She also presented cute and pretty facial expressions depending on her partners during the blind dates. Her various appearances with completely different looks reportedly drew a laugh on the film set.

In particular, Kim Nam Joo's stylish and neat fashion attracted attention. Kim brought several costumes to a cafe on February 7 to film the scene in which she has to come to several blind dates with different partners. She brought those different costumes to film those scenes on the same day. Her series of blind dates to find her perfect husband in the drama is raising curiosity how her appearance will be portrayed and how she will finally meet her ideal man Yoo Joon Sang in the drama.

The production staff member said, "It will be a story that any single woman who has been dreaming about her perfect man will easily sympathize with, and Kim Nam Joo's perfect acting will add more fun to the story. I want you to pay attention to 'My Husband Got A Family.'" Writer Park Ji Eun, who wrote the dramas "Butcher Oh Soo Jeong," "My Wife Is A Superwoman," and "Queen of Reversals," and director Kim Hyung Seok, who produced the drama special "Stone" and "Youngdeok Women' Ssireum Team" and the drama "Matchmaker's Lover" will produce the drama together. "My Husband Got A Family" will air its first episode on February 25 at 7:55pm as a follow-up drama to "Ojakgyo Family."

February 27, 2012

Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang Kiss in 'My Husband Got A Family'

Writer: KBS Media Park Jae Hwan News Article Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

The married couple Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang in the KBS drama "My Husband Got A Family" (written by Park Ji Eun, directed by Kim Hyung Seok, and produced by Logos Film) presented a romantic kiss scene under a streetlight, which drew attention. Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang will make a transformation in the new drama by playing a passionate and capable career woman named Cha Yoon Hee and a surgeon in a general hospital named Bang Gui Nam, respectively. Kim and Yoo will play newly married couple and present sweet and romantic scenes in a friendly atmosphere. In particular, Yoo Joon Sang's romantic acting to present his affection towards Kim Nam Joo appears very realistic. And as time goes by, the two actors are becoming closer and successfully presenting natural romantic acting.

1330_3473_l.jpg

Kim and Yoo go out very late at night and spend a sweet moment in a street restaurant while having a date, and the perfect husband is making food for his wife who holds her husband from behind, which looks like a typical newly married couple. Their kiss scene under the streetlight was reportedly filmed in a friendly atmosphere thanks to the two actor's excellent harmony while acting.

The kiss scene was filmed at a backstreet of a residential area in Seoul on February 18. Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang took a walk around the neighborhood and went back home together. Their appearance seems to be that of friendly married couple. Despite the cold weather and below zero temperatures, the two actors presented natural acting. They kissed on an ordinary backstreet, but their kiss scene looked more romantic than any other kiss scene. In particular, the two actors looked into each other's eyes and kissed while leaning on a lamp post. Actress Yoon Yeo Jeong, who plays Um Cheong Ae in the drama as a landlord, witnessed their kiss on the street and ran away in surprise, which drew a laugh. Um Cheong Ae (Yoon Yeo Jeong) and Bang Gui Nam (Yoo Joon Sang) meet as a landlord and a tenant, but actually they are a mother and son who were separated 30 years ago. Their fateful relationship will be unveiled soon and Um Cheong Ae and Cha Yoon Hee (Kim Nam Joo) will have a war of nerves, which will become one of the exciting and funny elements of the drama.

1330_3474_l.jpg

A production staff member said, "Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang are presenting natural acting as if they were a real couple, and their perfect acting is creating an exciting atmosphere on the film set. As actors and staff members are filming this drama with excellent harmony, we are anticipating presenting a good drama to viewers."

In addition, "My Husband Got A Family" is a story of career woman Cha Yoon Hee, who has wanted to marry an orphan to avoid conflict with the husband's family members and finally married perfect surgeon Bang Gui Nam (Yoo Joon Sang), and she will have unexpected episodes with the her husband’s new family members.

Writer Park Ji Eun, who wrote the dramas "Butcher Oh Soo Jeong," "My Wife Is A Superwoman," and "Queen of Reversals," and director Kim Hyung Seok, who produced the drama special "Stone" and "Youngdeok Women' Ssireum Team" and the drama "Matchmaker's Lover," will produce the drama together. "My Husband Got A Family" aired its first episode on February 25 at 7:55pm.

March 2, 2012

New Weekend Drama Off to Promising Start

Writer: KBS Media Park Jae-hwan Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBS Media

The new KBS2 weekend drama “My Husband Got a Family” has begun with an auspicious start, with viewer ratings of some 30 percent only after two episodes were aired. Starring Kim Nam-joo and Yoo Joon-sang along with other renowned veteran actors, the drama has drawn attention with down-to-earth storylines, causing viewers to easily sympathize with its characters.

1335_3484_l.jpg

Among them are Cha Yun-hui (Kim Nam-joo), a producer working in a film production company who did not want to get married until she found a man without a family so that she would not have any in-laws to cause trouble -- and she has found one: a Korean-American adoptee who is a doctor; and Eom Cheong-ae (Yoon Yeo-jeong), a housewife who has to live with her difficult mother-in-law for over 30 years.

One particular draw of the show is vivid dialogue that strikes a chord with viewers. Here are some of them featured in the first two episodes that aired on February 24 and 25.

1335_3485_l.jpg

▶ In the first episode

Cha Yun-hui says to herself when she hears her friends complain about their in-laws, “What have I always said to you? I would rather not marry than deal with in-laws. I have never even had coffee with a man who has to take care of his parents as a responsible son or has many brothers or sisters.”

Cha Yun-hui answers when asked by an actress if she is happy to be married, “It depends on who you marry. You should not just fall for a man who is rich and nice to you but you have to see his family. Marriage is not just a union of a man and woman but of the two entire families.”

A teacher of a singing class for middle-aged women that Eom Cheong-ae attends tells his class, “You are suffering menopausal symptoms. You feel depressed. You are sad because even an operation would not make your wrinkled neck better. You are tired of the gray hair that doesn’t go away no matter how many times you dye it. Your child is no longer obedient and dear to you, and your aging husband is becoming a burden to you as he spends more time at home and bothers you. But you are not the only one. Everybody has the same problems, because that’s the way life is. So just laugh. You don’t laugh because you are happy, but you are happy because you laugh.”

Cha Yun-hui tells her landlord when the landlord raised her lease deposits, “What? You need to raise the lease deposits by 100 million won (100,000 dollars) at once? You must be kidding. I know the lease deposits are skyrocketing, but it seems it’s way too much. Please show me some consideration and lower the increase to some extent.”

Cha Yun-hui tells her husband on their way to look for a new house, “How come house leases can be so exorbitant? I heard it’s skyrocketing, but didn’t expect it has become out of control. I’m not renting a castle or a penthouse, am I?”

1335_3486_l.jpg

▶ In the second episode

Eom Yi-sook (Yoo Ji-in) tells her sister Eom Sam-sook (Yang Hee-kyung) when she asks her to buy a fur coat, “Do you know how many animals have to be killed to produce a fur coat? It’s 70. And do you have any idea how miserably they die? You should know good consumerism is a trend these days.”

Bang Jeong-bae (Kim Sang-ho) tells his wife when they see household items Cha Yun-hui has disposed of, “Benjamin Franklin said that ‘Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.’ The new neighbor [Yun-hui] proves Franklin is right. She needs to keep an eye on little expenses; otherwise, she will see a small leak sink her ship.”

A staffer at the production company said that the cast’s realistic performances make the dialogue more engaging and impressive. Since the show has just started, it will become more entertaining with time, amid continuous support from viewers, he added.

“My Husband Got a Family” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 7:55 p.m. on KBS2.

Guest miniminip

will there be any subtitles for this drama? it's been a week since ep 1 aired, but I can't find any.

Guest kayana20

I am so excited but scared to watch this drama. I love the chemistry between the leads but it's a weekend drama. I just had bad luck with that. I will give it a chance though. If you want to see it with subtitles you can on ONAIRTV but you have to sign up for an account and just put the subtitles as english. I love doing it so far for all the currently airing drama's.Yay another good show has landed! KBS is on fire with their hits.

Guest miniminip

thank you kayana20 & semi-fly

luckily there is KBS World channel here. i will have to keep an eye on the channel which is hard for me ):

And as long as I know KBS World still airing Ojakgyo i guess i will have to wait or sign up at onairtv

Guest kayana20

This drama is hilarious and I think someone will pick it up soon. Some just cannot let go of Ojakgyo Brothers yet. I know how it is.I will keep fingers crossed it is ripped soon.

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

My Husband Got a Family Episodes 1 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

myHusbandGotAFamily.jpg

My Husband Got a Family 1 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4216-my-husband-got-a-family-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived