Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Palty Hair Dye 411

Replies

• misidentifymisidentify Posts: 119Member
    Finally dyed my own hair. My hair must be really thick because I went through all 3 types of bleach just to achieve a mere lighter brown color. Toned it down a bit with Milk Tea Brown.  Contemplated on dying eyebrows like Hyori.

more info on my tumblr

tumblr_lyl81xzbEj1r5jlqq.png
  • BaobeeeiBaobeeei Posts: 219Member
    edited January 2012
    I want to achieve this hair colour. For which Palty hair dye should I go? I have dark brown hair with a little bit orange glow at the moment, my natural hair colour is black.

0000801.jpeg

It's hard to find what Palty colours exists ):

Edit: nvm, I got my answer!
    △❍▽☐

Life is a series of presents moving through time. The future doesn't exist until it becomes the present.

• FapelFapel Posts: 2New Member
    edited February 2012
    I dyed my hair today with Macaron beige. (: My hair was virgin black and now it's an reddish brown. C: I barely have any hair because my hair has four layers, but it still wasn't enough dye. /: The tips and back of my hair are still black..haha. I highly recommend getting two boxes. -___-

How it looks now:
    tumblr_lz2ayyQG191qc6e4vo1_500.png

It's a bit hard to see through a webcam picture, so it's about 4 shades lighter in real life.
    I kept the dye in for about 40 minutes because it burned my scalp a lot. - A-
  • carmenxox86carmenxox86 VancouverPosts: 178Member
    I dyed my hair with Prettia-high bleach and then with Palty- milk tea brown..but it failed completely because I had several months ago I had dyed my hair black so only the roots turned up...it's like a weird brown gradient effect. :wacko:

I will have to fix this soon... :sweatingbullets:

I do really like Palty..there are so many color options compared to Prettia..BUT Prettia smells a bit better..lol

IMG_1774_%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg
    img_1912_%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

-Carm

"Do your best now and you wouldn't have to worry about the future"
    "Treat others as you would like to be treated"
  • aimeec03aimeec03 Posts: 2Member
    First time using Palty.
    Purchased from T&T Woodbine/16th. Also available at other T&T supermarket and Pacific Mall.
    SNC00670.jpg

Before:
    Colour treated hair. Lightened with L'oreal lightener with 40vol.
    Toner 10vol. with Loreal 9.1 Natural Blonde.
    (My roots needed to be done as you can see. I would do my roots only every 6 weeks.)
    SNC00676.jpg

After:
    Palty Milk Tea Brown (No prelightening on the roots colour ontop of prelightened hair)
    2 boxes. 20mins on roots 10 mins rest.
    SNC00684.jpg

I should have left on my ends longer because they didn't grab the colour as fast as I thought they would. They turned out a little ashy (most likely due to being prelightened and containing very little warm [red tones] colour).
    It did lift my roots to blend a lot however they only blend. I am hoping next time I do my roots again they will blend again. It lifted my natural black Asian hair nicely. If I had virgin hair I would have really liked what it could have done without any prelightening.

SNC00686.jpg
    Here is a close up of the colour at the top.
    Where I had it on for 20mins the colour turned out really nice and rich.

SNC00691.jpg
    I did colour my eyebrows with Palty. I left it on for only 5mins because it started irritating my skin. 5mins was all they needed. (I wouldn't suggest dying your eyebrows if you're not highly experienced with hair colour!! Go to a salon to tint them for you if you really need them done.)

Overall:
    The colour came out a little darker than I would have liked it. But if you are a little worried that it might be too light, it won't be unless your hair is already prelightened.
    I will use Palty again. Compared to Loreal I found that Palty dried out my hair more. However, Palty lifted my hair nicely as a 1 step process compared to when I use Loreal needing to use 2step process when going to blonde (prelighten then tone). If I was sticking to a medium to lighter brown I would only use Palty colour without needing to prelighten it.

*Important advice*
    Wear gloves when using Palty. I found their chemicals a lot harsher on my skin. Loreal, I never needed gloves. Palty irritated my skin and it slightly burned/rashed my sensitive skin.

I hope this helps! I used this thread to help me decide if I wanted to try/switch to different brand (been using Loreal for years and years).
    Will stick to Loreal but use Palty too. I wanna try Liese (the brand BubzBeauty uses). I haven't found that brand yet. I will check Pacific Mall and report back soon! :)
    Cheers.
    EXQU1S1TEPeace_UP
  • iyagiiyagi 임진영♣ Posts: 1,505Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    anyone have opinions on palty's natural black? i've been searching online for reviews and didn't come up with much. i want to go back to black but i'm worried that it'll turn out too dark as a lot of black hair dyes are really INTENSE in how black they are. my natural hair colour is more of a really really dark brown instead of that jet black a lot of people think Asians have. also, my hair was last dyed with a blond garnier dye. it's not blond, but it's definitely lighter. will that affect the dye a lot? or will the natural black be really overpowering?
    sig-1.gif
  • aimeec03aimeec03 Posts: 2Member
    iyagi wrote on 19 February 2012 - 03:05 PM:

anyone have opinions on palty's natural black? i've been searching online for reviews and didn't come up with much. i want to go back to black but i'm worried that it'll turn out too dark as a lot of black hair dyes are really INTENSE in how black they are. my natural hair colour is more of a really really dark brown instead of that jet black a lot of people think Asians have. also, my hair was last dyed with a blond garnier dye. it's not blond, but it's definitely lighter. will that affect the dye a lot? or will the natural black be really overpowering?

Colouring your hair black in general will always be the most difficult to lift if you decide one day to go lighter. The best option is to choose the darkest brown there is available because the pigment and chemical component in black differs from that of brown. When colouring your hair any black, the main difference is the intensity of the black and the tint of it - if there is one (blue, purple etc) and depending on your hair quality black it could make your hair look super dull (if this is the case you're gonna have to either do moisture treatments, add a shine boost or do a shine treatment).

When you dyed your hair did you only colour it or did you pre-lighten it? Because if you prelightened it, it could affect it. Most likely when going from light to dark, the dark will pick up more quickly. If you're afraid of it going to dark, watch the process of it (check every 5mins or so instead of slapping it, on putting the timer on and waiting it to ding). You might not want to overprocess it. And remember, the hair will look darker with the dye in it.
    missaque
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,723Member

IDOL

iyagi wrote on 19 February 2012 - 03:05 PM:

It wasn't too dark on me. It was the right shade of black for me, but then I had a dark honey brown base when I decided to dye it all black. It did faded after a month or 2 for me so I had to redye it.
  • SkySky Posts: 28Member
    I recently dye my virgin hair last week using palty ganache tar for the first time. My hair was originally dark brown lol so when I used it, it didn't look much of a difference on my hair. My friends said it looked like my hair got darker and looks red purple, redish brown (<----those too was the only thing different), or  light brown under the sunlight. I left it on for more than 40 mins too.. because I was helping my friend dye the back of her hair (she dye her hair with me since it was my first time). My hair was still soft and amazed that my hair isn't dry at all. So I guess my hair wasn't that damaged. probably next month or two I will try palty juicy peach ;D

BEFORE with lighting at the top (we did it at night during a sleep over)
    before.jpg

AFTER with lighting

after.jpg
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,282Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    Okay I just dyed my hair Honey Brown 10 or so hours ago. This is on top of ashy dark brown hair (dyed Bitter Apricot from black in end of Nov and to Natural Ash (Prettia) 2nd of Jan). Actually was a toss up btwn Ganache Tart and this, but decided to go for lighter as my dyed hair colour was fading out and my roots were growing out =(.

It came out darker than I was expecting (thank god lol). Might take pics later.
  • mir-ymir-y Posts: 2New Member
    edited February 2012
    Ahh... so I've been looking at this forum for a while, and I finally decided to post (had to make an account just now ㅋㅋㅋ)

So, I'm debating on whether or not to either dye my hair back to black, or go with a very light brown.

My hair as of now:
    Snapshot_20120226_2.jpg

(nyaaah... pulling my hair... ow....) but yeah, that's all the black underneath...

Snapshot_20120226_1.jpg

(not under direct sunlight)

Snapshot_20120226.jpg

(under direct sunlight)

So overall, there's about 2 - 3 inches of black, and the red has dulled out a bit.

I actually didn't dye my hair red in the first place. It was a light orangey brown ish (can't really describe it ㅋㅋㅋ and I can't find a photo), and when I got tired of it, I just dyed my hair with henna, turning it red.)

So now, I've decided to redye my hair.

Because I want to grow out my hair long, I wanted to dye it black because the roots are kind of starting to look weird, but in case I feel like dying my hair again, I don't want to dye it black, and then dye it light brown and have all my hair fall out.

I saw the previous posts on dying it black, and that maybe dying it a dark brown would be better, but I wasn't sure because maybe I should use the black to cover up all the red?
    so here are the palty hair dyesl I was looking at for dying my hair back to natural:
    Bitter Cappuccino
    Turn Color Natural Black
    Turn Color Deep Black
    Turn Color Natural Brown

Or, should I just dye my hair light brown now, and then dye my hair black when the roots start growing in? (like 2 inches)? I'm just worried that having black and red hair now, and then dying it light brown, it won't come out right, and it'll come out all blotchy. Has anyone done that before?
    Anyway, you can see what I look like in the profile picture. My friend suggested for me to go light brown, WITHOUT red. Is that possible for my hair now,  using the bleach Palty hair dyes? like
    Hair Treatment Bleach Natural Brown
    should I get the Hair Bleach for root?
    Hair Bleach Hard Gold Brown** (this is what I'm really interested in)
    ㅋㅋㅋ  blonde? nyah.

Okay.. SO. SORRY. FOR. THE. LONG. POST.

IDOL

@aimeec03 yeah i'd considered how hard it would be going to anything light from black. i'm kind of a hair dye junkie so i'll probably change my mind later down the road about keeping my hair black. i think i'll be going with a dark brown colour instead like you suggested. i wanted to avoid buying another box of hair dye (i bought natural black like, a year ago and it's been sitting around because i decided not to use it yet) but i just missed having darker hair in general lol. i hadn't ever pre-lightened my hair (i did use two dyes that had small amounts of bleach tho) so my "light" hair colour probably wouldn't influence the dye much. thanks for the input!

@xstarBURST thank you. sucks that it ended up fading ): i'll keep that in mind for when i decide to use the natural black.
    sig-1.gif
  • kimchidaykimchiday Posts: 226Member
    i have layered hair that reaches my chest,
    how many boxes of palty dye should i get? o:
    Kiehls, MAC, UD, Korres, & More Beauty at My Shop! :)
    Click HERE !

IDOL

kimchiday wrote on 27 February 2012 - 12:30 AM:

i have layered hair that reaches my chest,
    how many boxes of palty dye should i get? o:

if your hair is very layered/thin, one box should be enough. i've always used only one box of hair dye and i have fairly long hair that's cut in an asian mullet style.
    sig-1.gif
  • missyu.shimissyu.shi Posts: 202Member
    I was wondering for the palty foam hair dye what happens if you over stir and the foam disappears?
    Visit my tumblr: worldrainandus
    and my blog! where I post about music, and lil random thoughts: smileyushi
  • yuurinyuurin Posts: 4Member
    Does anyone know how to achieve this hair color? please refer to the attached link. My link
    I would say it's a golden brown with ash undertone. Do you have any recommendation what color I should get? if palty doesn't have that color, you can recommend me other brand. also, for palty, please don't say milk tea brown. I've dyed my hair 3 times w/ milktea brown and it's still give me that orangey undertone. and please don't say I should bleach because I don't want to.
    just suggest me the closest hair dye color to achieve that hair color. it doesn't have to be precisely the same color but at least it has the same undertone/ base color as the picture.

• PipiruPipiru Posts: 80Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi guys,sorry to bring this old little thread back up but...can you help me figure how to get this orangy-brownish color maybe a teeny bit darker than the example pictures...? (Last two pics are links because I felt like it was a bit picture heavy...and you can tell how much I love Chi Hoon's hair...? ;D )

tumblr_lrzv5uedsn1qgbi8io1_500.png
    tumblr_lslslnlQAb1qb62czo1_400.jpg
    [x]
    [x]

My hair's virgin black-darkish brown ( looks black, darkdark brown in the light kinda thing...)

I asked on the hair dye thread and I was told Juicy Peach would get this but I can't find enough reviews on it so I'm a wee bit hesitant. Help please since I'm pretty much hair-dye-color-sight deprived and I don't wanna screw my hair color up...;_;
  • kevincontreraskevincontreras Posts: 13Member
    Has anyone tried Natural Brown on Virgin black brown Hair? Does it grab ahold well?
  • jackie100jackie100 Posts: 38Member
    edited April 2012
    I just dyed my hair today (like 1 hours ago) from virgin black using Palty Caramel Brown. I was deciding between Bitter Cappucino and Caramel Brown but went with the Caramel. I am happy with the color overall but I expected it to be lighter... I left it in for around 30 minutes and used two boxes. In some of my photos my hair looks almost black still; I only posted the one that looked more brown...

Does anyone know of Almond Chocolate is darker or lighter than Caramel Brown? I looked at the graphic with the models but can't tell the difference. Is almond chocolate a bit more reddish?

Here is my virgin hair before

IMG00242-20110311-1935-1.jpg

and after with flash

DSC09361.jpg
    DSC09355.jpg
    DSC09423.jpg
    DSC09377.jpg

and no flash
    DSC09412.jpg
    DSC09410.jpg

Do you guys think I look better with black hair or brown? I think I like brown more!

What color should I use if I want it a tad lighter next time? I want like a medium/darkish brown color but no red or orange...

***EDIT--- Can finally see my hair in the sunlight now; it's rather REDDISH.... more reddish brown than caramel brown.... Should I have bleached instead if I wanted it caramel brown? My hair isn't caramel brown at all... but a reddish brown....
  • Des ChoiDes Choi Posts: 205Member

ROOKIE

Hi everyone! I have virgin hair, but I want to dye it a subtle medium brown without any red/orange tones.... does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use?