What language do you think in?

Guest leehyori2

Guest leehyori2

I was discussing about this the other day and realized I think in 'English' rather than my 'Asian' language.

It was seriously difficult for me to think in my own language even though i can speak.

This is probably because I was born and raised in Australia where 'English' is mostly spoken.

What language do you think in? Or can you think in both language? Share your reason too :)!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest followyourdreams.

Mostly English. I sometimes have the odd thought in Japanese. When I'm drunk though I always think in Japanese... >_>

I think in Finnish most of the time since it's my native language. But sometimes I've caught myself thinking in English even though I don't use it in everyday conversations at all. :| I tend to think k-pop related things in English, since I mostly talk about Asian music online and in English.

Guest desirae810

English being my native language that's the language I think in, but I've taken French for 4 years and there are those few times when French then the English translations pops in my head.

During my waking moments, I usually think in Korean and Japanese the most. When I'm with English speaking friends, I will think more in English.

However, the majority of my dreams are in English!

So, a better question would be: "In what language do you dream in?" since that is your subconscious and all blush.gif

Archived