Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest Phonegeek

I currently use the HTC HD2 and I love it. It runs Android 2.3 with HTC Sense. Some things I recommend.

Lookout Mobile Security - It's a great app. If you ever lose your phone, or it gets stolen, this app will help you track it down. It's free. Get it now.

Intomobile - Blog like Phonedog. I think it's just as good.

phonesontv - Features a lot of Android smartphones show on popular TV shows.

Also, Rootzwiki is a great place to learn how to hack your phone to make it perform better.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any one dealt with Otterbox's CS? I know this is completely my fault but I got shipped the wrong otter box commuter case.

I told them I had the HTC Evo 4g, and that is what they sent me..when I received it i realized that it's for the wrong phone. I actually have the HTC Evo 3D 4g...I admit it is my fault forgetting to add something so vital..but would I have to pay for shipping to ship it back to them and get the right case? Everything is still intact in the box.

Right now I'm tempted to sell them and have my friend email them and get the right case shipped to his place.

I currently use the HTC HD2 and I love it. It runs Android 2.3 with HTC Sense. Some things I recommend.

Lookout Mobile Security - It's a great app. If you ever lose your phone, or it gets stolen, this app will help you track it down. It's free. Get it now.

Also, Rootzwiki is a great place to learn how to hack your phone to make it perform better.

HTC HD2 runs windows mobile....

Guest Tonyc402

HTC HD2 runs windows mobile....

actually , the XDA community was able to port Android Gingerbread to the HTC HD2 , but yes you were correct that it is originally a Windows Mobile phone

actually , the XDA community was able to port Android Gingerbread to the HTC HD2 , but yes you were correct that it is originally a Windows Mobile phone

why the heck would you port Android on a windows mobile fun? I mean it doesn't make sense..... FUn for developing but it doesn't make much practical sense. 

Guest Tonyc402

why the heck would you port Android on a windows mobile fun? I mean it doesn't make sense..... FUn for developing but it doesn't make much practical sense. 

Well Windows Mobile is pretty well dead , at least if the person has the phone he/she can bring the HD2 back to life by using the Android OS instead of buying a new phone. So why not?

Does anyone know of a good Android camera app which will fully utilize my phone's 8.0MP camera? The original camera app won't work when my battery is "low" so it's a bit annoying to use. I'd like to find a better replacement~ :)

Guest YoshiWorld2

My wishlist for this year:

1st - Samsung Tab 11.6 w00t.gif

2nd - Samsung Galaxy S III wub.gif

Boys and girls. These devices aren't out yet, so I'd advise not visiting my Amazon wishlist just yet.

Give it another 4 months. phew.gif

DONE.

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Does anyone know how to speed up HTC thunderbolt?

It used to be fast but then bam end of 30 day warranty (jk, but it has been a month or so...) now it's super laggy (no joke, it took 10 min just unlock it because it kept freezing and several minutes to write this out because it doesn't register half the keys I press).

the only thing I can think of that would slow it down (other than the bloatware)is the go ex theme (but I added that like on the 3rd day) and key boards.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to speed up HTC thunderbolt?

It used to be fast but then bam end of 30 day warranty (jk, but it has been a month or so...) now it's super laggy (no joke, it took 10 min just unlock it because it kept freezing and several minutes to write this out because it doesn't register half the keys I press).

the only thing I can think of that would slow it down (other than the bloatware)is the go ex theme (but I added that like on the 3rd day) and key boards.

Maybe there are lots of apps running in the background? Whenever my phone lags I would use a free app called Taskiller, which lists a number of apps that are running (which I thought I had closed) and allows me to "kill" them. After "killing" the apps, my phone stops lagging.

I'm going to sound really stupid but haha, does anyone know how to change the background so that there's a different picture for each screen?

I've seen other androids that do that but I can't seem to find how to set it on mine. (I have the Galaxy S2)

edit: just kidding lol. The power of google.

If I was to unlock the S2, will it void the one year warranty that comes with the phone?

I am currently locked under Bell, but I will be traveling sometime soon this year for about a month. I asked the sales associate as to what I can do and she told me to call customers service to get it unlocked so that I can use it overseas. However, it will void my warranty and I have had the phone for only about 4 months. I decided to check online to see if it is true or not, but I have been getting different answers. Some say it will void my warranty, while others say it will not. I checked the website on Bell and it said that some manufacturers will take it as voiding my warranty.. so what on earth does that mean? Does it depend on the store or what? I can always get a prepaid phone when I go on my trip, but it is just more convenient if I can stick to my own phone and with the SIM card, I can use wifi for free, which will save me money when I want to keep in touch with my friends to the country I am traveling to.

Guest AiMango

Haha it's awesome that people are recommending Lookout, I'm actually working there right now : )

Some really useful apps I've been using:

-Friendcaster: an alternative Facebook app. It's actually really awesome because they use ViewPagers so you can swipe between tabs. Hard to explain, youll see what I mean when you download it. I like it a LOT better than the current default FB app, which is just ugly with the pop in pop out menu.

-GBC A.D. - A gameboy color emulator. Holy crap. Already loving it. playing pkmn yellow and crystal on it. GBC roms are really small (they are around 50kb I think) so they dont eat up much memory compared to normal games you download.

-Weatherbug - I use their widget. TheWeatherChannel sucks and doesnt refresh properly.

hey guys, I dont intend to flood, but i just wanted to share this new game in android that my brother's company released. it's free, so please try it out. thank you! :) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spotcatstudio.bigbugbusters

Guest 13akachibi

HTC EVO 4g

Rooted on unrEVOked

Rom: Mikfroyo 4.5

Kernel: Netarchy toast 4.3.1

*quoted image*

I know this post was a year ago, but I've been looking around FOREVER on how I can customize the framework like she did.

Can someone please teach me how she was able to make her status bar like that? Also, I know that Go Launcher can change the font of the icons but I don't know how to make my font change for the rest of the system, which includes the call history and number pad like she has there.

For additional information I do have root from Gingerbread and I'm currently running on netarchy and mikfroyo 4.61 and an evo 4g, just like this user. Any help would be appreciated. thanks so much!

Guest YoshiWorld2

I know this post was a year ago, but I've been looking around FOREVER on how I can customize the framework like she did.

Can someone please teach me how she was able to make her status bar like that? Also, I know that Go Launcher can change the font of the icons but I don't know how to make my font change for the rest of the system, which includes the call history and number pad like she has there.

For additional information I do have root from Gingerbread and I'm currently running on netarchy and mikfroyo 4.61 and an evo 4g, just like this user. Any help would be appreciated. thanks so much!

Hi akachibi.

Have you heard of UOT Kitchen? It's basically a theme generator (works with Gingerbread). You can change status icons, fonts, customize the color to hot pink... yeah. Once done, it will create a .zip file to download. You'll just have to flash it in recovery.

As always, make a backup if anything goes wrong.

Link: http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

More font packs (just flash .zip): http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=801160

More MODs and themes: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=655 

If your up for it and want to learn the hard, manual way. The link below may help you get started.

Become a themer: https://sites.google...become-a-themer

[Guide] Theme editing: http://android.modac...related-things/

Change dialpad color: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=912086

Are you into cutesy themes or something out of the ordinary. Give MIUI ROM a try. It changes the whole phones' look and feel. I've seen some really creative designs people have made over in China :). The ROM is inspired by Apple iOS and would be a nice refresh of your current ROM. I'll post some screens below.

MIUI Themes (takes awhile to load): http://www.miuithemes.com/

ROM for EVO 4G: http://roms.miui.us/

Small.PNG

tumblr_lvgunyejds1r7pcx9o2_400.jpg

Archived