Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The O F F I C I A L "what To Wear With This" Thread

Replies

• Loveholic2uLoveholic2u luv-crumbs<3 NYCPosts: 3,910Friend of Soompi

IDOL

maybe try a skirt that looks like this:
    5875128111_bd3720f2b7_z.jpg
    It's not a tight skirt, but something more flowy.
    MY SUCCESSFUL DIET
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM! :)

• sweetfantasy09sweetfantasy09 Still searching for myself... &#24950;&#22826;&#12398;&#19990;&#30028;Posts: 1,564Member

IDOL

Loveholic2u wrote on 16 January 2012 - 09:20 AM:

maybe try a skirt that looks like this:
    *quoted image*
    It's not a tight skirt, but something more flowy.

but if it's flowy, wouldn't that add more weight onto me due to the flowy top as well? but the picture, the skirt is too short >_< wish i have that legs. haha! thank you for your reply

@mschaofan: ohh so that's called frilled layer top? will try the tuck in method. thank you
    Please read the signature rules
  • chrissy_Pchrissy_P Posts: 8Member, New Member
    hmm..maybe a pair of white denim?
  • smilesunwoo_smilesunwoo_ Posts: 294Member
    My friend just gave this to me because she had the same one a different color. Its pretty, but I dont know what to wear with it. I might need advice with shoes mostly >< How do I make me look pretty wearing this? And I have pretty short legs. They're not that short, but its not long ):

10eimwo.jpg
  • xkrnxchicx7xkrnxchicx7 Posts: 92Member
    So i just bought a sweater like this http://www.lacoste-store.org/sale/Lacoste-Women-s-Striped-V-neck-Sweater-in-Black-and-Grey-816.html and I was wondering how I can style it. I was thinking black leggings, black boots and a cream color tank underneath but I'm not sure since i feel as though it is too much black. Thanks in advanced.
  • junyjuny 샤방샤방☆ Posts: 2,086Friend of Soompi
    edited January 2012
    xkrnxchicx7 wrote on 18 January 2012 - 01:29 PM:

So i just bought a sweater like this http://www.lacoste-store.org/sale/Lacoste-Women-s-Striped-V-neck-Sweater-in-Black-and-Grey-816.html and I was wondering how I can style it. I was thinking black leggings, black boots and a cream color tank underneath but I'm not sure since i feel as though it is too much black. Thanks in advanced.

I think it can look cute with ripped denim shorts and black leggings with fun color canvas flats (think bright red Tom's), or jegging with buckled booties.
    To go for a more preppy look, you can wear a button-down shirt underneath and let the collar, cuffs, and bottom hem peek out. Or a textured henley shirt (thermal is good too). Complete the outfit with some dark jeggings and smart, clean-looking riding boots.
    Hi! My name is juny, and I love film & acting.
    youtube
    shop junys.com
  • AnimeuverAnimeuver Posts: 298Member, New Member

IDOL

How about a pair of A-shaped skirt, high waisted, and tuck it in. If you wear heels, it'd make your legs look longer too.

I'd try it with straight-cut denims too. :)

Actually, if you are uncomfortable with skirts of those lengths, you can wear stockings or leggings underneath it as well.
    411 || Review&Recaps Tumblr [For music, books and movies] || Subbed Works Tumblr || Beauty/Fashion Blog [New]
  • sweetfantasy09sweetfantasy09 Still searching for myself... &#24950;&#22826;&#12398;&#19990;&#30028;Posts: 1,564Member

IDOL

Animeuver wrote on 19 January 2012 - 03:05 PM:

How about a pair of A-shaped skirt, high waisted, and tuck it in. If you wear heels, it'd make your legs look longer too.

I'd try it with straight-cut denims too. :)

Actually, if you are uncomfortable with skirts of those lengths, you can wear stockings or leggings underneath it as well.

yeah i wear pantyhose all the time whenever i wear skirts cus my legs are really not nice to look at. apart from having thunder legs, my legs are extremely pale too and veins are so obvious showing on my legs. really, not a pretty sight. sigh. so, i always wear pantyhose; otherwise i will feel naked down there. haha!

but legging is out of the question as i have tried legging with other top.. it just made my legs look obviously thunder. lol. so, i hate leggings and never will wear it. ==;;

but yeah i am looking for somewhat hugging skirt but not overly hugging and not too short too to go with the top.. but i am still in the midst of searching. haha! and yeah A-cut skirt flatter me because i look slimmer. lol.. most of my dresses are with A-cut style. hehe!

thank you for your input. hehe!
    Please read the signature rules
  • dolcedor.dolcedor. Posts: 2,626Member

IDOL

What can I wear with knitted tights?

hol5406004prod2.png
  • SUMM3RxBABiiSUMM3RxBABii NYPosts: 3,260Member
    dolcedor. wrote on 19 January 2012 - 12:32 PM:

What can I wear with knitted tights?

*quoted image*

Do you have any suede boots at home? Maybe a beige color would look nice or warm boots like these-

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/converse+women%27s+chuck+taylor+beverly+boot?prodId=223406&productRef=SEARCH
    ♥♥SH0P♥♥
    Free People, MAC, AE, HCO, A&F, Smashbox, DKNY, Guess, more!
    Tumblr♥
    ★Fashion/Beauty Blog "Fashionspiration"★
  • LavendereLavendere laff AustraliaPosts: 275Member
    I have something like c7.jpg

I bought it for the beach. How else can I wear it? with tights? with sports shoes? with a shirt ?
    current obsession: City Hunter
  • apatheticskittleapatheticskittle Posts: 74Member
    You can also try jean shorts with sheer tights, so the shorts give you extra coverage and sheer tights don't accentuate your "thunder legs", which, i'm sure aren't really that bad! as long as you wear it with confidence, you'll look more beautiful and fashionable as any stick thin model :)
  • SiNuBaoSiNuBao Posts: 153Member
    edited January 2012
    I bought this skirt a while ago, but then after much thought, I'm not sure what kind of shoes will go well with it, besides chucks..lol
    2439_P_1301038060348.jpg
  • .La.Dolce.Vita..La.Dolce.Vita. Posts: 248Member

IDOL

Lavendere wrote on 21 January 2012 - 10:41 AM:

I would not wear that with tights or sport shoes. You could wear a thin belt with it, and accessorize with a hat or jewelry. If you really want to put something over it, you can put a cardigan, a jacket, or a even a light off the shoulder top. For shoes, I would usually wear sandals, flats, or wedges.

Here are some examples:

heart-print-romper.jpg
    tribal-romper.jpg
    romper-1.jpg
  • IXIX Posts: 30Member
    Hi everyone !
    My Sister kindly gifted to me this nice floral kimono top :

2ujnuvo.png
    (Not my picture)

I love it ! But beside wearing it with random jeans pants I don't know how to wear it... Can someone help me please by giving me other combinaisons ideas ?

Thanks ! :)
  • to.danceto.dance Posts: 112Member
    Hey soompiers!

I could really use your help & expertise right now! I have an audition for a promotional agency coming up and it's for this beer company. The client for the beer company is coming in and wants to look at us girls. My boss said the dress code is DRESS TO IMPRESS, but I don't know what she means! Is that business? Chic/casual? Or maybe even chic/formal??

Anyways, I was thinking of wearing these shoes & skirt with maybe a nice white blouse and a black jacket?

2201.jpg
    tbo_prod_j00517285_c_001_page_001_itonybianco~JASSI_ODP.JPG

Is that "dress to impress" enough? Is the red skirt too much? Should I wear something else??

Any advice would be fantastic! Much love! <3
  • KeayaraKeayara fizzerific AustraliaPosts: 653Member
    SiNuBao wrote on 22 January 2012 - 09:08 AM:

I bought this skirt a while ago, but then after much thought, I'm not sure what kind of shoes will go well with it, besides chucks..lol
    *quoted image*

For skirts of that length, heels! It's really easy for them to make you look short and stubby, need the lift heels give you haha.
  • thisismyvthisismyv 自由の戦士 Santa Clara, CaliforniaPosts: 2,344Member
    edited February 2012
    IMG_0334.jpg

I got this top as a Christmas present, and been waiting for a special occasion to wear it out. Anniversary is coming up, so I think it's a good opportunity to wear it, but I don't know what to pair it with.... it definitely needs a top underneath, but what color would look best? White, pale pink, nude...? Hot pink is a no no for sure... I accidentally ordered one, so I tried it. XD

I really want to wear a knee-length skirt with it since my boyfriend said that's what he loves most on girls (lol) but I don't own any and have no idea what style/color would look good, or if it would look good at all with this top :unsure: Ideas?? :sweatingbullets:
    keyblog.jpg
    circle lenses + beauty reviews + life + food decootomedojo731.gif

[411] Review Circle Lens [dot] com
  • dorkafied!dorkafied! meow. CANADA EY. Posts: 4,999Member

IDOL

Screenshot2012-02-13at40425PM.png

Just bought these on the whim and I have no idea what to wear them with, any outfit suggestions? :) 

• paintyourxtargetpaintyourxtarget Posts: 211Member
    smilesunwoo_ wrote on 16 January 2012 - 06:46 AM:

My friend just gave this to me because she had the same one a different color. Its pretty, but I dont know what to wear with it. I might need advice with shoes mostly >< How do I make me look pretty wearing this? And I have pretty short legs. They're not that short, but its not long ):

*quoted image*

the key is in the accessories. a nice cardi (not too long though), a skinny belt, bracelets, etc. flat, strappy sandals might look nice, since it is a romper.