Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously girls... Why dont you...

OMGAWDOMGAWD Posts: 928Member
edited April 2012 in fitness & sports
SQUAT???

asian women need to lift more and stop using skin beauty products & complain about getting big. JUST LOOK AT PIC AND SEE:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/Diva123/mediaresource/3e2c497b-e816-4c61-bdef-8f419bf32e2e?t=true
xxxazndudebeeankaxeunyoungiemiss adorablexd

Replies

• name?lessname?less Posts: 574Member

IDOL

^ LOL

And as for my reply to this topic, I personally LOVE squats. They are the "easiest" exercise that gets your heart pumping so quickly. And like you said, really help the lower body look nice and firm. But I guess some people don't like them precisely because they are tiring...

or because they think that they have big thighs and do not want to make them bigger. A.K.A. They have been influenced by the models with slim long legs (I am kind of influenced by this too *cough cough*) But I still love squats regardless ^^
    OMGAWDhappybubblebokaOnimalxxxazndudeforgottenmemories
  • sweetfantasy09sweetfantasy09 Still searching for myself... 慶太の世界Posts: 1,564Member

IDOL

yeah i do them cus insanity has it all the time.. but then.. i don't see nice legs on myself. lol!!
    Please read the signature rules
    OMGAWDhappybubblely*cheekatemonOnimal
  • prechuz_aznprechuz_azn Posts: 3,041Member

IDOL

I rather go running and burn all that fat and tone at the same time then do one exercise
    that just builds muscle underneath my fat.
    credits to serenityx3 
    OMGAWDly*cheeOnimaldorkafied!chiluvskkHeroine
  • OMGAWDOMGAWD Posts: 928Member
    edited January 2012
    prechuz_azn wrote on 17 January 2012 - 08:07 AM:

I rather go running and burn all that fat and tone at the same time then do one exercise

Squats = #1 fat burner lolol

Not just one exercise, its the ultimate compound exercise.

sweetfantasy09 wrote on 17 January 2012 - 02:26 AM:

yeah i do them cus insanity has it all the time.. but then.. i don't see nice legs on myself. lol!!

Try weighted squats.
    meiming8_1Onimalxxxazndudeaelitaangels
  • hellokatie1618hellokatie1618 MinnesotaPosts: 447Member

IDOL

It's really true. I'm a woman that understands her fitness science very well. And I think it's kind of funny when "normal" women looking to just tone up and burn fat think they can bulk up and look like a man. Unless they're SUPER clean eaters and planning to be body builders (which are completely different workouts in and of itself) No way that squats will make them look unattractive and manly. Their hormones won't easily allow it. A lot of people are just ignorant. let them learn the hard way *shrug*
    Appreciate the bad things in life, then will the good things shine through
    OMGAWDmeiming8_1pupluvgurlforgottenmemories
  • vonn~vonn~ Kuala LumpurPosts: 785Member

ROOKIE

they do have a lot of squats in insanity, but i don't see them getting nicer. only more muscular. am i not squatting enough? d:
    OMGAWDOnimal
  • hellokatie1618hellokatie1618 MinnesotaPosts: 447Member

IDOL

vonn~ wrote on 17 January 2012 - 01:34 AM:

they do have a lot of squats in insanity, but i don't see them getting nicer. only more muscular. am i not squatting enough? d:

Insanity veteran here. I know what you mean. Thighs are hard to target. You need to dip lower then. It'll be harder, but you'll reap more benefit. My thighs took THE longest time to tone up even though they were strong. They're even trickier than my stomach. Keep working, and don't give up! What also helps are thigh toner bands. Excellent simple device!
    Appreciate the bad things in life, then will the good things shine through
    jaykidding
  • meiming8_1meiming8_1 Posts: 1,097Member
    Lol, I love squats. They're my favourite exercise!
    uror, et in vacuo pectore regnat Amor.
    Onimal
  • Malice_KaiserMalice_Kaiser The Real ? Posts: 12,072Member

IDOL

I don't do squats because it hurts my knee joints. Sorry, bro.
    taijivn5.jpg
    ly*cheeOnimalAlyM37dianalikesbuttsNesquickbooFireDragonexoxochiluvskkHeroineBattleRoyale
  • SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 915Member

IDOL

OMG I LOVE SQUATS :D also in squating position its very fun to punch the air while your doing it. Give me real cardio while doing some strength training :D plus you can do them anywhere, lol
    Onimal
  • duh123duh123 Posts: 1,379Member

IDOL

prechuz_azn wrote on 17 January 2012 - 02:07 AM:

that's quite an ignorant thing to say considering runners should do strength training to improve their running. that's how most of the runners' injuries result from; inadequate training. running was a hell of a lot easier and more fun once i had more muscle.

by the way, i love squats. i find them as the easiest strength training move. i love the burning sensation. i hate lunges though. i have such a hard time with those.
    meiming8_1Onimalxxxazndude
  • veryhoneyveryhoney Posts: 116Member

ROOKIE

okay.. seriously....
    I need to do SOMETHING............D:
    shopbutton-2.jpg
    follow me on my tumblr & blogger & facebook
    * fashion * beauty * life style *
    Nesquickboo
  • happybubblehappybubble Posts: 553Member

IDOL

I do squats everyday just because my mom told me it'll make my butt bigger cool.gif she never mentioned about the legs though
    find the one who makes your heart smile :)

Christmas Shopping Discount Code: XMAS (valid until 25th Dec)
  • OMGAWDOMGAWD Posts: 928Member
    edited January 2012
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GKrZN85KU[/media]

IM TALKING ABOUT THAT AND NOT BODY squats.
    meiming8_1Onimal
  • KaiYiKaiYi Posts: 31Member
    I love the feeling after doing squats... But I despise the soreness the next day.. :'D
  • stokostoko Posts: 14Member
    lol, i love squats. all that excessive insanity squatting got me a pretty nice butt :lol: 
  • saoirseangelsaoirseangel its time for the city lights to darken and fade Posts: 161Member
    I can tell you why a lot of girls avoid squats. That crap hurts. And like most exercises that rely solely on your own strength, that crap takes effort. Personally I am not a fan or effort and I'm sure I'm not alone because that crap takes motivation.

All kidding aside though, squats can do some amazing things for your lower body. I started a ballet inspired workout recently that includes a good bit of squats and plies and small jumps and I'm already seeing some improvement. I'm just very bitter because my legs hurt. But the pain is worth the gain!
    :: make me a better love. make me better love. ::
    twitter . tumblr .lastfm . etsy shop .
    meiming8_1xue lif0reveralwaysohsnapitschar
  • angelairshowangelairshow The States.Posts: 358Member
    edited January 2012
    Squats and Lunges!

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.
  • RabensRabens California, United StatesPosts: 193Member

ROOKIE

I have been taking Hula and Tahitian dance classes and have started to see an improvement! I'm basically stuck in a slight squat like position for an hour and a half moving my hips around at the same time lol.