Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Yeah, that was my first mp3 too!

Oh gosh. I definitely give it a 10/10 too.

Then one day (about a year into owning it), my friends borrowed and after without saying anything they returned it and i turned it on and the sound was extremely distorted. I looked at the settings and everything was fine, and when i asked them they replied "Oh, yeah.. we noticed that too.. It was like that when we got it." Argh, it was not! My parents kindly bought my rechargable batteries and the charger which cost them $60 the previous day because they knew how much i used it!! So i'm am now mp3less and it's killing me when i'm at school with no music. =[

But anyway, definitely a great mp3 player, the sound quality was really good too and i think i might save up (yet again) to get the same one although in larger memory.

Try formatting the player, resetting everythign to default and retransfering the music in? Maybe even update the firmware.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chibifry

i have that mp3player too.. mine had a problem with the sound too.. the cord would move and it would cut in and out.. but warranty fixed it (they sent me a new one :D)

but i wouldnt give it a 10/10... the AAA's cost me quite a lot... and when i boguht a 30pack.. the mp3player had to go back to Warranty.. and i bought my new samsung (with LiON battery... so AAA useless).. it cost me a lot for the mp3player and the AAA's altogether.. so i dont think it's all that greta.. considering its nothing that special.

DId you buy rechargeable batteries?

Im giving it a 10/10 because I had no problems with it and it was completely functional & efficient. It might not have the extra features like other players do now (color, video, pictures etc) but it wasn't made for those purposes - it was made purely for people who want to listen to music. (but it does have recording! lol)

Guest MUSTARD*

i still have the muvo ! XD it's really easy to use.. for efficency and convenience i would give the mp3 a 10/10 i've currently had it for a year and nothing has happened to it yet.

i've got it plugged into the comp atm XD listening to Gangster DX :D

Guest sugarcakes

60 GB black video ipod

0.jpg

creative zen vision 30G media, MP3 player 3.7inch video with voice recording, FM radio, radio recording.

(bought from japan, i use it to play videos more than mp3s )

ZenVision_CF.jpg

Guest n4n45h1

the vision is pretty sweet

my friend has one too haha

the only problem he has is that when u fast forward on videos for a long time or press a couple buttons either at the same time or quickly the player freezes up and he has to pull out the battery and place it back in

but other than that id say the video on it is awesome

Guest NASRI22

DId you buy rechargeable batteries?

Im giving it a 10/10 because I had no problems with it and it was completely functional & efficient. It might not have the extra features like other players do now (color, video, pictures etc) but it wasn't made for those purposes - it was made purely for people who want to listen to music. (but it does have recording! lol)

here we have someone living in the old ages with basics..

good on you!

nope i didnt buy rechargeable batteries because i didnt buy a recharger. i felt as i was going to keep it for only a few months so there wasnt a point. DSE batteries lasted me a little while.

zenxtra60gb.jpg

Creative Zen Xtra 60GB

I love this thing. It's storage capacity is what made me go for it. And I'm not like most, who want it as small as possible. This size for me is good enough and fits in my pockets just fine. Had it for well over a year and no problems. Bought some Sony headphones tho, and they are awesome.

Pros:

* Storage capacity is 60GB or around 15,000 songs

* Great interface for being an older model

* After upgrading the firmware and transferring software to Play4Sure, it's a breeze to transfer files and goes really quickly when using USB 2.0.

* Removable battery, so easily replaced when it begins to die.

* Not an Ipod, hehe.

* Wonderful battery life. has a couple days i forgot to recharge and it would sustain a charge for a few more hours past the supposed life.

Cons:

* First gen firmware and software didn't work well with my PC. Would transfer a certain # of songs, then time out. Would then have to scan and clean up the mp3 player AND restart my PC.

* The original headphones were crap IMO.

* Sometimes can replay the same songs everytime you start up a new session. Basically you can expect even with a full capacity 15,000 mp3s, you can tend to hear some of the same tracks often. Wish it had the capability the Micro has, with hearing least played tracks.

* Leather Case that comes with it makes it even bulkier.

Final rating:

Before hardware & software upgrades: 7.5/10

After: 9.5/10

Guest angelzstar

h106gbig5lk.gif

iRiver H10 Louge Gray

Capacity: 6GB

Format: HDD

Price $168

Features:

FM radio

Voice recorder

Text viewer

Picture viewer

Battery:

it's like four days with the time it takes for me to get home from school ;)

Player Interface:

Power button, forward, rewind, back, play/pause, volume scroller

Software:

I don't use the software; I just use Window Media Player to synch my songs in. It's really fast and easy =]

Extra:

When I first bought it, it was really fast with loading. Now, I have noticed that sometimes, when i turn it on and when i forward a song, it tends to lag a bit. however, most of the times, it's ok. The sound quality is excellent though. =]

Overall grade: 8.5/10

Guest hwa chyr

creative_zenmicro_black.jpg

Creative Zen Micro 5GB

PROS:

-EXTREMELY good earphones

-easy to handle and label

-1 year warranty

CONS:

-creative CD could only be used once

-I got this mp3 player back in november and after a month, it stopped working. I think the hard drive crashed. Then I used my warranty and they sent me its replacement. About 6 weeks after that, the replacement crashed. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this player. It's somewhat fragile though thick.

If you're going to get this player, be sure you keep all the information about it (receipt, date bought, etc) because it will probably break down easily.

I'm kind of angry with how both my creative zens died on me and I've been trying to look up other mp3 players. I'm interested in an iRiver, I think.

What kind of iRiver do you or do you not recommend? I can see that the iRiver h10 is sort of a bust. I think I might want an iRiver N10 mentioned here. What are the cons to this player?

This thread is AWESOME by the way!

Guest Adionik

I need an mp3 player and it's driving me crazy.

I'm taking a 26 hour bus ride next Tuesday and I would like something that would give me a good amount of hours if possible. I also ride the bus to and from my college classes everyday which sums up to about 45 minutes a day. I had an Ipod mini from a friend of mine and the battery life was HORRIBLE so i'd really rather not go through that again. I considered the Zen Micro...but after reviews and pricing i'm not sure that it's the best route. I'd like to keep my purchase under 200 bucks. The only suitor I've seen was the Zen Touch, although big and heavy. What urks me is that another 50 bucks and I can get a video player and crap.

DAMNIT! I don't know what to get. I'm sorta on a budget though. So like...under 200 ish? HELP?

Guest chibifry

I need an mp3 player and it's driving me crazy.

I'm taking a 26 hour bus ride next Tuesday and I would like something that would give me a good amount of hours if possible. I also ride the bus to and from my college classes everyday which sums up to about 45 minutes a day. I had an Ipod mini from a friend of mine and the battery life was HORRIBLE so i'd really rather not go through that again. I considered the Zen Micro...but after reviews and pricing i'm not sure that it's the best route. I'd like to keep my purchase under 200 bucks. The only suitor I've seen was the Zen Touch, although big and heavy. What urks me is that another 50 bucks and I can get a video player and crap.

DAMNIT! I don't know what to get. I'm sorta on a budget though. So like...under 200 ish? HELP?

If you want long battery life and youre on a budget, youll have to compensate space. I recommend buying a flash player.

Guest chibifry

Creative Zen Vision:M in Pink, $330 from Creative's website

zen0017sm.jpg

zen0079qz.jpg

zen0025tj.jpg

zen0045bt.jpg

zen0066xi.jpg

zen0095pa.jpg

zen0035lj.jpg

zen0086zc.jpg

zen0059pa.jpg

The pink color is gorgeous. I had problems with the thickness before purchasing because I had the iriver h10 previously, and I didn't want a bulky player but the Vision:M is NOT bulky at all, the thickness is perfect, it has a good feel in my hand. ^^ The case is ridiculous. Its like this creamy suede like material and you're supposed to put the player in it. Its a friking pouch. I am going to have to buy my own case. The controls are not bad at all - I was able to figure out everything by just playing around with it for a few minutes. The manual that comes with the player is very straightforward so it does not go into detail about how to use the extra functions on the player so you will have to figure it out for yourself. The touch pad has levels of sensitivity, I put it on low because I noticed that it is really.. super sensitive -.- I kept choosing the wrong functions. But now that I have it on low, its fine. :)

The screen is nice and big, perfect for photo & video viewing. Photos are uploaded super fast & its super easy. I uploaded my entire folder of pix from my sweet 16 (there's a lot.. over 100 for sure) and it was done in like 10 seconds. I was amazed! Video uploading depends on the size. I have around 13 video files on my player with a crappp load of space left. One drama episode probably takes around 15 seconds to upload, and around 20 seconds for conversion. The conversion is necessary for most video files. Its weird - I even have to convert WMV files? I thought Creative supported them. Sometimes I can upload wmv files without conversion though. Yes, that is one negative factor.

I was watching a drama episode and I wanted to skip toward the end, and I noticed at first the forward function was slow, but in a few seconds it starts to speed up very quickly (you hold down the white piece to the right side) as if the player knows that you want to FAST forward, not just skipping a little bit. So that was very good. Same goes for rewinding.

I heard the touch pad scratches a lot, but no scratches for me as of yet. I think it might be just with the black model.

The earphones are standard. The foam padding (grayish part) is uncomfortable. I will switch my earphones. The music quality was a notch lower than my previous iriver h10 I think. But overall, still very good. Earphones might have played a factor in the quality though - so I suggest in investing in better earphones.

The radio is awesome. You can set presets.. like no1 is a particular radio channel, no 2 another, etc. Very good. You can also record radio.

You can do voice recording (no problems there).

Battery life seems fine. What really affects battery life though is the percentage of brightness of the screen you set your player on. 100% is super bright and.. woahh, very very nice. But its superfluous. Even 50% will give you a good time. I have mine on 10% when I just want to listen to my music, so I can save battery. I turn my player off & on a lot and I like to fool around with the controls when I'm bored ( I like the clicking sound it makes!!) but the battery doesn't suddenly drop because of things like that, whereas my previous iriver h10 would start to die because of my turning off/on habit. The volume goes fmro 0 to 25. I set mine on 7 when I'm in the car and I havent brought my player to school yet (vacation time) so I don't know the necessary volume in the subway (NYC metro) so I will edit this post in the future. Overall, great battery life.

Text viewing.. I really wanted to read lyrics because I'm listening to French music in preparation for my AP French exam. However I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT!! I was very upset at this (means I was banging my fists at my laptop in fury) so I went to the Creative website forum and it turns out people have been saving the lyrics as images. You would screen cap the text file and then upload it as an image.. ugh, too much extra work, not good. It makes sense though - you can also zoom in on your pictures.

It comes with an organizer too, but the organizer can be used only through Microsoft Outlook .. eh not a good thing. I dont use MO. So I guess my organizer is useless.

There is a function of a "removable disk" which means you can reserve an X number of space for separate files, which is very cool. Perfect for those who want to upload things and want to make sure that they don't get deleted, nothing happens to them & that they want them separated from their music & video files. I won't be using this though - its just an extra function.

My rating? I would love to give this player a 5/5 but I can't because of the video conversion - I just had a hard time with that. Why is it that my already WMV files must be converted? Also, the text really got to me. Somewhere I had read that .txt files would be supported, and I assumed that meant I could read text. I guess not. Im hoping some kind of new firmware will fix these problems.. But I must admit, I was soo impressed by my player - its so cute & wonderful T.T Thus I would give it a 4.8/5 :D It definately deserves the CNet award!

Guest Adionik

B0008JFCWY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sony Walkman NW-E507

Capacity: 1GB

Format: Flash

Price $175 with tax

Features:

FM radio

Battery:

It says 50 hours. I have to test this.

Player Interface:

Power button, forward, rewind, back, play/pause, volume scroller

Software:

You are FORCED TO USE THIS STUPID richard simmons SONY CRAP

Extra:

I was NOT happy with the price at all but I just bought it...cuz I was there and I don't even know. I'm hoping I learn to love this thing. It has a very weird menu prompt that's somewhat easy to navigate through. The screen looks cool. Supposedly good battery life. I just hope I forgot how much I paid for it.

Overall grade: I DON"T KNOW

Guest NASRI22

are you sure? i've installed my cd into 2-3 different computers already..

me too

in fact i got 3 creatives cd's and i've formatted plenty of times.. hmm :rolleyes:

umm i'm wondering if creative mp3 players

let you have korean characters/words on it?

i dont think so.

Archived