[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Kim Soo Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Song Jae Hee & Song Jae Rim – Korean Handsome F4

For handsome actors Kim Soo Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Song Jae Hee and Song Jae Rim is forming a team of F4 quartet in MBC drama series The Sun and the Moon (The Moon that Embraces the Sun).

Song Jae Hee and Song Jae Rim are playing the role of elder brother of Heo Yeon Woo, Heo Yeom, and imperial bodyguard of Lee Hwon, Won, respectively. Together with earlier casted actors of Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo who are playing the role of Lee Hwon and Prince Yang Myung respectively, they are forming a Korean four-person flower boy group.

According to a relevant person in charge of TV series production, “Because there were a lot of talent agencies that self-recommended their artists to join The Moon the Embraces the Sun, so the casting was selected after careful consideration.” At the same time he added, “The characters described in the original work are well loved by a lot of fans, in order to better satisfy the expectations of the fans, so the matters to plan the strongest casting to act in the drama was slightly delayed.”

sunnmoon-korea-f4.jpg

The Moon that Embraces the Sun is a drama adapted from the popular novel of the same name by Jung Eun Gwol. Previously the other work of the author, Sungkyunkwan Scandal was also been adapted and aired on KBS to popular reception, and thus the new drama is gaining attention from the audience.

The drama is a collaboration between Sungkyunkwan Scandal screenwriter Jin Soo Wan and MBC’s Royal Family director Kim Do Hoon. Currently, the filming for the child actors’ segment has been completed, which lasts a total of 6 episodes.

The The Sun and the Moon premieres on January 4th, 2012.

via hankooki.com

credit: asian-drama

Moon That Embraces the Sun releases posters

201112291325143363.jpg

Upcoming fantasy-romance sageuk Moon That Embraces the Sun, or better known around here as MoonSun-Snowflake-PixieDust, has just released its official posters, less than a week out from the premiere. They feature the four leads: Kim Soo-hyun, the fictional Joseon King, Han Ga-in, the shaman who falls in love with him, Jung Il-woo, the king’s playboy hyung, and Kim Min-seo, the femme fatale. The posters all carry the tagline: “Don’t come close! But don’t go far…” which I’m assuming comes from the king. Well THAT’s not a mixed message to a girl or anything. Geez. I guess being King doesn’t preclude a guy from being a guy.

They’re not especially original as far as drama posters go, but the leads are so pretty that I guess that’s all the eye candy you really need. There is a thematic touch with the sun and moon sharing the same sky, evoking the mystical cannot-be-ness of their love. I’m looking forward to the genre mashup — if they actually go all-out with the fantasy shaman angle and give us fusiony magic, it’ll give the whole thing a sense of whimsy and mystery, and set it apart from all the other sageuk fare.

For a show like this, I want epic mythology and grandeur. The cast is enough to tune in for, but I’m excited about the story as well, and could use a good fantasy series to sink my teeth into. And let us not forget the manes of glory too. I mean, that’s what we’re really watching for, yeah?

Moon That Embraces the Sun premieres next Wednesday, January 4, on MBC.

20111229_1325143352.jpg

20111229_1325143373.jpg

Via E Daily

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/12/moon-that-embraces-the-sun-releases-posters/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm excited to see kim min seo & yoon seung ah in this and looking forward to han ga in & kim soo hyun's chemistry^^ not to forget jung il woo! :w00t: the child actors have already captured my heart from the teasers, but seeing the adult version of Hwon and Wol making their appearance is making me impatient to watch this ^^;

i also looking forward to Yoon Seung Ah's acting here.. she was good and natural in drama Playful Kiss. seeing here practicing martial art really make me anticipating her role as a Wol's bodyguard. She looks damn cool while practicing with sword ^^

Beside YSA, Kim Bora also need to be watched. an annoying girl in drama Glorious Jane, will be a princess in TMETS^^

@ilwoo_aein wow! another Korean handsome F4 are created ! *excited*

Here's another news about "The Moon Embraces The Sun" script reading:

Kim Soo Hyun, Han Ga In & Jung Il Woo Practice Script of The Sun and the Moon

The MBC TV new Wednesday and Thursday drama series The Moon that Embraces the Sun (The Sun and the Moon) made public its dialog lines and script practicing session.

The main adult casts of the drama were practicing the script in the atmosphere that was full of Christmas joy on the afternoon 2pm of December 25th, 2011 at 6th floor of Ilsan MBC Dream Center.

In the drama, Han Ga In is acting in the role of puppy love for the prince, but because of losing memory she becomes a shaman Wol. After the end of her work, she still discuss the details of he characters in the drama with screenwriter Jin Soo Wan. She said, “The script is very interesting and has a feel, let me has a lot of excellent thoughts on the role of Yeon Woo.”

Kim Soo Hyun who plays the role of prince Lee Hwon is getting rid of his past naughty image, and completely immersed into the role of young king who embraces the dream of reform. He said, “Because it’s my first time acting in drama with ancient costumes, so I prepare for a long time, I feel that this time will be able to shoot happily.”

Jung Il Woo who is playing the role of Yang Myung and Kim Min Seo who plays the role of Bo Kyung are appearing in historical drama for the second time, and they interpret the feelings of the characters with a steady tone.

The actress who plays the role of Madame Sin Si, Yang Mi Kyung said, “It’s very happy can see these cheerful face gather together in the cold weather.” Kim Young-Ae who plays the role of queen’s grandmother said, “It’s younger than the age of production crews for the films I used to act it, I hope everybody can look at me as a big sister, work together happily.”

201112270952481001_1.jpg

Finally, the director Kim Do Hoon said, “We gather together to rehearse at Christmas, let me have a good presentiment. Although the new drama is a historical drama, but it’s a story that develops based on the position of characters, while the plot is heavy but there is no lack of romance, hope that everybody can pay attention to ambitious and desire of each characters.”

The Moon that Embraces the Sun premieres on the evening of January 4, 2012.

via MyDaily

credit: asian-drama

EDIT: maymay, seems like we'll see more version of F4 in the future..Not only being part of F4 in present time, now Ilwoo is also become part of F4 in ancient times :lol:

Hi everyone! I just recently stumbled upon this thread. I'm so excited for this drama to start :)

I noticed that a lot of people have been expressing their concerns about Han Ga In looking/being too old for Kim Soo Hyun. However, I personally have no problems with the age gap since Han Ga In has a rather youthful appearance. IMO she only looks about 3 years (max) older than Kim Soo Hyun, and that's if you compare their faces side by side and scrutinize hard.

As for Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In, they pretty much look the same age to me. However, I will admit that Han Ga In isn't the strongest actress out there, but I'm really hoping that she'll surprise us all! :D I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Han Ga In ever since I saw her in Yellow Handkerchief with her husband. I'm also really excited for Yoo Seung Ah's character. I've liked her in Playful Kiss and ever since I heard about her being outed out of a drama earlier this year (Brain) I've being rooting for her to make a strong comeback.

Here's hoping that the cast will have incredible chemistry and the drama will have a strong and gripping plot! :lol:

Guest arathegreat

Hi everyone! I just recently stumbled upon this thread. I'm so excited for this drama to start :)

I noticed that a lot of people have been expressing their concerns about Han Ga In looking/being too old for Kim Soo Hyun. However, I personally have no problems with the age gap since Han Ga In has a rather youthful appearance. IMO she only looks about 3 years (max) older than Kim Soo Hyun, and that's if you compare their faces side by side and scrutinize hard.

As for Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In, they pretty much look the same age to me. However, I will admit that Han Ga In isn't the strongest actress out there, but I'm really hoping that she'll surprise us all! :D I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Han Ga In ever since I saw her in Yellow Handkerchief with her husband. I'm also really excited for Yoo Seung Ah's character. I've liked her in Playful Kiss and ever since I heard about her being outed out of a drama earlier this year (Brain) I've being rooting for her to make a strong comeback.

Here's hoping that the cast will have incredible chemistry and the drama will have a strong and gripping plot! :lol:

Exactly. I don't know why some of them are so paranoid about their age differences.

Han Ga In may not be the best as an actress, but at least, let's give her the chance.

Ahh, 5 days to go. Can't sleep out of excitement.

I wonder if child actors will be present at the presscon?

I don't think Ga In looks old. She looks very youthful for her age, but she does look older than Soo Hyun. But let's wait and see it for ourselves. Maybe her character's supposed to be a few years older than the king. In 90% the main actress is older than the main actor, well at least all the k-dramas I've seen so far.

Son Ye Jin was 6 years older than Lee Min Ho but their characters were at the same age, right? They pulled it off, I think they had great chemistry (but not that sizzling as with Na Na bear, haha :-) ).

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

updates from Pan_Drama (Twitter)

The Cast Map

405541_161547507284655_152170751555664_203456_1538496985_n.jpg

BTS of Ilwoo and Song Jae Rim

407030_161552530617486_152170751555664_203477_2142810496_n.jpg

376110_161552033950869_152170751555664_203475_2126992224_n.jpg

OTHER BEHIND THE CUT PHOTOS

387467_161602610612478_152170751555664_203522_196461847_n.jpg

400056_161602393945833_152170751555664_203521_2133264299_n.jpg

390168_161602113945861_152170751555664_203520_1780341851_n.jpg

406323_161601880612551_152170751555664_203519_81087371_n.jpg

403812_161601633945909_152170751555664_203518_123551580_n.jpg

and additional wallpaper :wub:

399832_161592580613481_152170751555664_203514_1012559998_n.jpg

Guest Lily_Rose

Who knows how long Wol'll not remember her true identity and how long for the others to found out insted who she really is.

These are the only points I'm worried about since they're twists I don't like very much.

Aaaaaaaahhhh... Il Woo's so so so cute! I can't wait to see him as prince Myung. Even though he's a second lead, I hope he'll receive a lot of love from viewers :-)

Question for those who read the novel: Is his character interesting? Should I read the novel?

Here's the Video for the 4 main lead cast during their Poster Photo shoot  released by MBC /Pan_Drama

해를 품은 달 Poster Shoot

Thank you for the link, I enjoyed watching it very much. So 4 of them had a separate poster shooting. I have positive vibes about it, hope we won't be disappointed...

Il Woo enjoyed shooting more than Soo Hyun. SH looked a little nervous to me.

EDIT: maymay, seems like we'll see more version of F4 in the future..Not only being part of F4 in present time, now Ilwoo is also become part of F4 in ancient times :lol:

ahahaha~~ F4 in ancient times!..so so true! glad that Ilwoo is become part of ancient F4. and Song Jae Rim too!! ^_^

Here's the Video for the 4 main lead cast during their Poster Photo shoot  released by MBC /Pan_Drama

해를 품은 달 Poster Shoot

FINALLY!! been waiting for Pan drama (MBC) releasing the video of poster photoshoot <333

all of them look so great in ancient costumes.. i always loving Korean ancient costumes (hanbok) :)

Hope the pictures of it will be released soon.. thank you flowerboyramyunshop_FB ^^

a fan's art.. cute Prince Yang Myung!! :D

96296719.jpg

credit as tagged

Caps. Prince Yang Myung!! :wub:

000107e.jpg

imbccom20111231004723.jpg

Guest nuuryzaan

해를 품은 달 Poster Shoot

Thank you so much.. I hope someone will sub this video. Now i'm so excited to watch this drama

So lovely to see the main casts..I'm drooling over Soo Hyun & Il Woo now. Btw, am I the only one seeing

Soo Hyun look so much baby face compare to Il Woo in those saeguk garb?? 

MBC don't mess up this drama. I wanna this drama to be so awesome next yr!!!! wub.gif

Guest simplyallysa

No matter what KIM SOO HYUN. Always has a baby face & handsome face! I just can't wait & can't resist I need to see his cute face all the time!

Guest kaeruchan

Btw, am I the only one seeing Soo Hyun look so much baby face compare to Il Woo in those saeguk garb?? 

you're not the only one ^^; JIW looks older (in a good way) than KSH while they're actually one year apart only! but since the former is going to be the latter's older step brother, so it fits the story. hihi