[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

EDIT

Jung Ilwoo has confirmed his casting in MBC's drama "The Moon that Embraces The Sun".

“Flower Boy Ramen Shop received lots of love from viewers,” said Ilwoo, “and I would like to repay them by working hard in The Moon That Embraces The Sun. Please look forward to it.”

Source: wstarnews.hankyung.com

@marchy, 'Moonsooners' sounds lovely~ I like it! ^_^

Jeong Il-woo, "The Sun and the Moon" casting decision, will confront Kim Soo-hyeon-I

Actor Jeong Il-woo made the decision to star in MBC's "The Sun and the Moon".

On December 26th Jeong's agency, Fantagio, said "Jeong Il-woo has a reached a decision to star in "The Sun and the Moon". "The Sun and the Moon" is a historical romance, telling a tale of love between a young prince and a female shaman that has lost her memory, who later becomes the Crown Princess.

Jeong Il-woo, who appeared in tvN's "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop", which ended on the December 20th, had been considering a role in "The Sun and the Moon" and now has made his final decision.

In "The Sun and the Moon", he was up for the role of Yang-myeong, a prince who is first in line to succeed the throne. Ostensibly living easily and lazily, the character is actually tearing himself up inside, trying to fight for freedom.

In the show, he will have a relationship with Han Ga-in and develop a rivalry with his half-brother Lee Hwan (Kim Soo-hyeon-I).

His follow-up to "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop", "The Sun and the Moon" will begin airing on January 4th next year.

Source :http://news.nate.com/view/20111226n03400?mid=e0101( English Korean )

credit: HanCinema

Reposting from eNews World

Han Ga In Meets with Stars of ‘The Sun and the Moon’ for Christmas

2011-12-26 17:14 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

Han Ga In seems to have had a very happy Christmas with her flower boy partners. Han attended the script reading session for MBC’s upcoming drama The Sun and the Moon, held on December 25 in Ilsan’s MBC Dream Center. The child actors have been filming for the drama since November, but this session was the first time all the adult actors gathered to act out the script.

The session went well with all of the actors present, and Han even received a special gift from the writer of the original novel, Jung Eun Gwol. Jung Eun Gwol presented Han with a gift-wrapped The Sun and the Moon novel, and Han expressed her happiness by uploading a photo of the present on her Facebook.

A rep from Han’s agency, J One Plus, said, “Because she was shooting for the film Introduction to Architecture, she was very busy in December. The drama shoots were scheduled for right after the film shoots, so Han Ga In had no time to enjoy her Christmas holiday.”

Although Han’s husband Yeon Jeong Hun is on a break after wrapping the OCN drama Vampire Prosecutor, Han barely got to see her husband as she had her own shoots to go through. The two didn’t get to spend a proper Christmas together, but Yeon is said to be very supportive of Han’s acting career.

Thanks to Yeon’s support, Han is expected to show a transformation in the traditional drama The Sun and the Moon. The producers state, “Han Ga In is as beautiful as a painting, and this was shown in the drama. Although it was her first try at a traditional drama, her tone and aura fit her character perfectly.”

They said that because she had a baby face, her love relationship with the younger Jung Il Woo and Kim Soo Hyun didn’t look too awkward.

A rep for Han said, “Because her partners Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo are great actors, have thin faces and great bodies, Han Ga In is very tense,” but added that she’s “working hard, looking forward to meeting with her viewers through a great piece.”

12137533.jpg

The Sun and the Moon will air its first episode on January 4, and is based on a novel of the same title written by Sungkyunkwan Scandal’s Jung Eun Gwol.

The traditional drama involves the shaman Wol (Han Ga In), who has lost her memory, an imaginary Joseon king named Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun) and Yang Myung (Jung Il Woo), who is next in line behind Hwon. The drama is also much anticipated for bringing in writer Jin Su Wan of Capital Scandal and producer Kim Do Hoon of Royal Family.

Jung Il Woo is cast for “The Moon Embracing The Sun”

December 26, 2011 4:30 pm eternalc2h

93f2df0244086a851bb166f.jpg

Jung Il Woo is cast for MBC’s new drama series The Moon Embracing The Sun.

On December 26, Jung’s agency announced that Jung is cast for MBC’s new drama series The Moon Embracing The Sun.

In the drama series, The Moon Embracing The Sun, Jung is playing the role of prince Yang Myung, first in line to the throne. Prince Yang Myung is a character who has an elusive personality. He seems to lead a free and quiet life, but he is actually a person who tries extremely to achieve freedom.

Especially, Yang Myung is a realistic, intelligent, and charismatic character who competes against his half-brother (Kim Soo Hyun) for a woman (Han Ga In).

Jung says, “Because I’ve just finished Flower Boy Ramen Shop, I didn’t have much time to prepare for a new drama series. However, the story and the character offered to me were really fascinating, so I decided to say yes to the drama series. I want to thank the fans who have loved Flower Boy Ramen Shop through The Moon Embracing The Sun. Please give me your interest and support.”

MBC TV’s drama series The Moon Embracing The Sun, starring Jung, Han Ga In, and Kim Soo Hyun, will start airing on January 4 next year.

Source: Xportsnews via Korea.com

Guest nuuryzaan

@ilwoo_aein thanks for the news

it seem the news clarified Han Ga In for being MIA. it's her movie with actor Uhm Tae Woong right?

The rumor was mean. I think i'll try to like her. so what if the age gap is large?

The most important thing is the CHEMISTRY between HGI & KSY rite? so let's wait and see. 

I hope she can do the role well biggrin.gif.. 

Is it just me, or anybody else find it a bit amusing to read in the news that 'both actors have thin faces and great bodies so HGI feels pressured'? I don't know... It sounds funny to me :-D

I really admire Il Woo for not taking only lead roles, even though he's the main lead 'material' right now. He's challenging himself to grow both professionally and personally. And I'm kind of more looking forward to see chemistry between Il Woo and Soo Hyun :-)

When does a presscon usually take place? A week before airing a show?

Guest fiercediva

Is it just me, or anybody else find it a bit amusing to read in the news that 'both actors have thin faces and great bodies so HGI feels pressured'? I don't know... It sounds funny to me :-D

I really admire Il Woo for not taking only lead roles, even though he's the main lead 'material' right now. He's challenging himself to grow both professionally and personally. And I'm kind of more looking forward to see chemistry between Il Woo and Soo Hyun :-)

When does a presscon usually take place? A week before airing a show?

I agree with you so much about the pressured/"tense" statement! Sometimes I hope these translations are off, because I can't believe people routinely make such a fuss about older actresses and younger actors when the actresses are only within a decade of the actor and don't look visibly "old" on camera (i.e. no wrinkles and enough facial fat not to look gaunt). Maybe the solution is to make the baby-faced actors look older instead of worrying about the still-young actresses looking even younger!

Also, Han Ga In isn't exactly obese with a Richard* Tracy  jawline last I looked, and JIW for one is very slim for a tall guy -his official stats are that he is just over 6ft tall and 139-140lbs, which is Dior Homme model-skinny where I come from.  Are all actresses who play opposite such slender guys supposed to be 5'7" and 90 lbs. and live on nothing but a grape here and there?  It is also very nice that her husband is supportive of her career; I suppose it does not matter whether she is supportive of his, since they both were working and contributing to their household and they both missed spending the holiday with each other.

Sorry, rant over! Some things with dramas drive me a little nuttier than others!  :vicx:

* (I meant to type the cartoon detective's first name, as played by Warren Beatty in the 1990 movie with Madonna, but that's censored as a synonym for a male body part here!)

Guest arathegreat

Yahoo, we only have to wait for one more week.

Based from what I read above, I'm so happy that Han Ga In didn't drop this.

I strongly believe that she can do justice with the role.

It's sad that a lot of people are trying to make a fuss with age differences

just like what happened to I'm a Flower Too! (or Me Too Flower!).

Let's just support them instead of doubting and creating negative aura in the drama.

Can't wait to see more stills and the teaser this week.

Moon that Embraces the Sun will surely be a hit. Hwaiting!

Guest dramaok

Casting is finally complete.

I guess they are filling some meaty roles with somewhat unknown faces.

I suppose that is good and risky both. Hm....

songjaehee.jpg

^ film actor Song Jae Hee [송재희] cast as Yeonwoo (Han Ga In)'s older brother,Yeom (flame):

---

songjaerim.jpg

^ model/actor Song Jae Rim [송재림] cast as Hwon's bodyguard warrior, Woon (cloud):

--

sunnmoonphoto1112271148.jpg

Princess Minhwa by Nam Bora and Seol (Snow) by Yoon Seung Ah.

sunnmoonphoto1112271148.jpg

pics: MBC

Hello 'MoonSuners' ! *sounds nice thou* ^_^

ma first post here and .. i think this is also ma first post after hiatus in soompi for about 1.5 years (?) :)

(was active in Lee Min Ho thread before)

now am back to soompi because of Lee Minho's best friend, Jung Il Woo.. :wub:

been a silent reader in FBRS thread.. but won't be a silent reader anymore in this thread..XD

okay, to the point... i can't wait to see Jung Il Woo on TV screen again!! :w00t:

@ilwoo_aein and others, thank you for updating this thread... :)

btw, any update info about WHEN the adults (main casts) will start the shooting?..

hopefully after New Year 2012. :)

Guest yeohweping

The main cast actually met each other for the first time on Christmas day (25th dec'11).

And for fan service, I made a bet on twitter with Jung Il Woo Dong Saeng if he takes on the role of Prince Yang Myung as I was extremely bored one day. Along with the ratings numbers, he has to

do a finger to the cheek cute pose for 10% ratings, the classic V pose for the 20%, 3 fingers salute pose for 30% and the rabbit pose if the ratings ever reach 40%.

Wonder if he is going to keep to his part of the bet? Ha.. Ha.. :phew:

Jeong Il-woo to appear in MBC drama

Actor Jeong Il-woo is set to appear in MBC's drama "The Sun and the Moon".

According to the actor's agency on Dec. 26, the entertainer will play the role of a cold and intellectual prince.

The period piece is a fictional story set during the Joseon Dynasty and is a love story between a king and a female exorcist. The forbidden love story and the conflict between the heir to the throne and his half-brother prince, played by Jung, is set to make the drama intense and full of intrigue.

Jung has recently wrapped up filming the drama "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and rose to much fame for playing the role of a stuck-up yet lovable playboy.

When asked how he felt about diving into another drama so quickly, the entertainer said, "I know it's only been a little while and that it would be demanding to jump into another project so quickly. Still when I read the script, I was instantly drawn to the character and decided to take part".

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Source: http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2946149 (Korean English)

credit: HanCinema

maymay, your welcome~ Glad that now you also become part of Ilwooz too :D

So they finally cast someone for the part of Woon? (Hwon's personal bodyguard who, according to the book also falls in love with Han Ga In's character) How funny that's it's one of the posse from FBRS, Song Jae Rim. 

Can't wait for this story, the book sounds amazing. biggrin.gif

Jung Il Woo: Characters of The Moon that Embraces the Sun is Fascinating

Actor Jung Il Woo is partnering with “public girlfriend” Han Ga In to act.

Recently, Jung Il Woo who becomes immensely popular through the drama series Flower Boy Raymun Shop has selected the MBC new Wednesday and Thursday drama series The Moon that Embraces the Sun (The Sun and the Moon) as his next project. Jung Il Woo has set aside the many past hesitation, and is ready for shooting schedule.

Jing Il Woo will play the role of prince Prince Yang Myung, who is indecisive, yet yearning for freedom inside the heart and willing to pay for it with blood and tears. Yang Myung is a calm and wise character, and is engaging in the battle to fight for Yeon Woo (played by Han Gan In) with half-younger-brother of different mother Lee Hwon (played by Kim Soo Hyun) in the drama.

93f2df0244086a851bb166f.jpg

Jung Il Woo said, “The project and the characters are very fascinating, so after careful thoughts, I decide to star in the drama. Previously through Flower Boy Ramen Shop I was well liked by audience, so I hope to put my efforts in acting in The Moon that Embraces the Sun to repay audience’s support, hope everybody can continue to support me.”

The Moon the Embraces the Sun premieres on January 4, 2012, succeeding Me Too, Flower!

credit: asian-drama

CAN'T wait to watch this!!! i am glad they cast han gain cause she definately fit for the role as i read teh storyline

they didn't cast younger actress maybe because they can't find anybody more convincing for this role!

i'm so excited...