Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

60 Day Weight Loss Challenge!

lunewlunew Posts: 12Member
edited October 2011 in fitness & sports
Hey guys!

So I'm new to Soompi, but I've been lurking around here, especially in the health/fitness section, for a while. 

So.... story of my life?  I'm a bit chubby.  I'm not exactly fat, but my BMI is getting closer to the overweight category by the minute (yeah, I'm eating as I type this, LOL). 
I used to be really skinny, but I gained a lot of weight in middle school.  Since I'm almost an adult now, I'd really like to lose the extra chubz.  Generally, my weight fluctuates like crazy, so I'm creating this thread just to try to keep me on track.

I'm 115 right now, and I'd love to be 95 - 100 in 2 months time.  That still puts me at a healthy BMI, and it would involve losing about 1.5 - 2.5 pounds per week.

Here are my stats:

Height: 4'11" (I know, midget status)
Starting Weight: 115 pounds (about, I'm not quite sure)
Current Weight: 115
Pounds Lost: 0
Goal Weight: 95 - 100 lbs

So yeah!  The plan is to eat healthily, and exercise as much as possible.  I'll try to update relatively frequently on my current weight (but no pics, I'm too self conscious, LOL). 

If anyone has any tips/advice, I'd be really grateful.  Anyone who wants to join me in (attempting to) lose weight is welcome too! 

Replies

• BlancCrayolaBlancCrayola In your heart.Posts: 145Member

ROOKIE

Hi! I'd love to join you on this. I was thinking about doing a 60 day challenge for myself earlier..just not posting it. XD
    My stats are:
    Height: 5'4
    HW: 167
    CW: 140
    GW: 120
    Pounds lost already: 27

I pretty much run ~30-40 minutes everyday on the treadmill. I know quite a bit about healthy lifestyle and food since I've been on this journey for so long..so ask if you have any questions.
  • lunewlunew Posts: 12Member
    BlancCrayola wrote on 09 October 2011 - 07:19 PM:

Hi! I'd love to join you on this. I was thinking about doing a 60 day challenge for myself earlier..just not posting it. XD
    My stats are:
    Height: 5'4
    HW: 167
    CW: 140
    GW: 120
    Pounds lost already: 27

I pretty much run ~30-40 minutes everyday on the treadmill. I know quite a bit about healthy lifestyle and food since I've been on this journey for so long..so ask if you have any questions.

Wow, that's great that you've lost so much weight already. :)

Is it okay if I ask what you typically eat on a day-to-day basis?  I was thinking of eating oatmeal or cereal and fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and salad, some kind of healthy meat (chicken, turkey, etc.), and fruit for dinner.  It seems a little bland, but I don't know what else is healthy. 

For exercising, I was going to walk (no stamina, so I can't run, LOL) and do strength-training.  Not like major weights or anything, just crunches and squats and stuff like that.
  • beana*beana* Posts: 1,687Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey!! I would love to join :] I've just recently started to change for a healthier life style, or a life style that is more conscious of what I'm putting in my body!

Anywho, here are my stats:

Height: 5'5
    HW: 140
    SW: 135
    CW: 131
    GW: 115

Since starting I can definitely see a difference, but not a huge difference. I'm a little more focused on toning up as of right now and hopefully the numbers will just start to drop. But yeah ^-^ hopefully with the 60 day challenge I see more changes!
    Zz5Nm5.png

ROOKIE

edited October 2011
    lunew wrote on 09 October 2011 - 08:04 PM:

Wow, that's great that you've lost so much weight already. :)

Is it okay if I ask what you typically eat on a day-to-day basis?  I was thinking of eating oatmeal or cereal and fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and salad, some kind of healthy meat (chicken, turkey, etc.), and fruit for dinner.  It seems a little bland, but I don't know what else is healthy. 

For exercising, I was going to walk (no stamina, so I can't run, LOL) and do strength-training.  Not like major weights or anything, just crunches and squats and stuff like that.

Sure! I eat mostly fruit, veggies and some kind of lean meat (chicken, fish, etc.) I don't eat that many carbs unless it's before or after a workout. (Your metabolism is faster is faster for the next 30 minutes after working out or something like that)

Breakfast-1/2 Grapefruit, 2 Egg Whites, Cantaloupe, Light n Fit Yogurt. Or, just oatmeal and grapefruit.
    Lunch-Some kind of sandwich w/ whole wheat bread, turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, etc. 
    Dinner-Salad w/ fat free dressing.
    Before running-Bagel w/ banana and peanut butter

I also have many snacks throughout the day! It's better to eat many small meals than 3 large meals. Sooo, a lot of apples and just fruit in general.

Also, your plan sounds pretty good! :) Check out undressedskeleton on tumblr if you need more ideas about good weight loss foods. Remember, if you do get a craving for sweets...don't resist them.  You'll just end up binging. Allow yourself "treats" every so often.

beana* wrote on 09 October 2011 - 09:11 PM:

Hey!! I would love to join :] I've just recently started to change for a healthier life style, or a life style that is more conscious of what I'm putting in my body!

Anywho, here are my stats:

HW: 140
    SW: 135
    CW: 131
    GW: 115

Since starting I can definitely see a difference, but not a huge difference. I'm a little more focused on toning up as of right now and hopefully the numbers will just start to drop. But yeah ^-^ hopefully with the 60 day challenge I see more changes!

Awesome!

On a separate note, how is this going to work? Do we do a weigh in every week? Or....yeah. I'm not sure. 
    Ptyeon12
    BlancCrayola wrote on 09 October 2011 - 10:02 PM:

Sure! I eat mostly fruit, veggies and some kind of lean meat (chicken, fish, etc.) I don't eat that many carbs unless it's before or after a workout. (Your metabolism is faster is faster for the next 30 minutes after working out or something like that)

Breakfast-1/2 Grapefruit, 2 Egg Whites, Cantaloupe, Light n Fit Yogurt. Or, just oatmeal and grapefruit.
    Lunch-Some kind of sandwich w/ whole wheat bread, turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, etc. 
    Dinner-Salad w/ fat free dressing.
    Before running-Bagel w/ banana and peanut butter

I also have many snacks throughout the day! It's better to eat many small meals than 3 large meals. Sooo, a lot of apples and just fruit in general.

Also, your plan sounds pretty good! :) Check out undressedskeleton on tumblr if you need more ideas about good weight loss foods. Remember, if you do get a craving for sweets...don't resist them.  You'll just end up binging. Allow yourself "treats" every so often.

Awesome!

On a separate note, how is this going to work? Do we do a weigh in every week? Or....yeah. I'm not sure. 

Thanks for the tumblr recommendation!  One more question - what do you do to stay motivated?

Yeah, I think that weighing in every week sounds like a good plan! 
  • ~koe*no*sainou~~koe*no*sainou~ RIPosts: 1,777Member
    I'd love to join as well.. but I have problems being healthy about weight loss =/ In any case, I will join.. but I'll use my own methods of losing weight that are considered controversial =X

Height: 5'1"
    Starting Weight: 147 - 150
    Current Weight: 125 - 130 (it fluctuates)
    Pounds Lost: 25ish
    Goal Weight: 85-90
    Xanga/Weight Loss Journal
    Height: 5'1" HW: 147 CW: 125 GW: 105 UGW: 90

ROOKIE

edited October 2011
    lunew wrote on 10 October 2011 - 03:10 PM:

Thanks for the tumblr recommendation!  One more question - what do you do to stay motivated?

Yeah, I think that weighing in every week sounds like a good plan! 

Staying motivated...well it's different for everyone. 
    1) There are tumblrs like diethoroscopes.tumblr.com
    dude. Tumblr has everything. XD
    It gives you reasons on why to keep at it~
    Also, think of self benefits. How does it change YOU personally?
    && it doesn't help that most of my friends are slim.
    Soooo
    yeah motivation~!
    I also keep a diary of what I eat everyday. That helps a lot.

~koe*no*sainou~ wrote on 10 October 2011 - 05:02 PM:

I'd love to join as well.. but I have problems being healthy about weight loss =/ In any case, I will join.. but I'll use my own methods of losing weight that are considered controversial =X

I think I've tried one of those methods you mentioned are controversial in the past. It set me back a month or so, and remember. You lose more muscle mass than fat if you use the wrong methods.

Welcome to our group though~
    ~koe*no*sainou~ wrote on 10 October 2011 - 05:02 PM:

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far... but don't do anything too ~controversial~ okay?  85 - 90 pounds seems like so little. :( 

Just try to be as healthy as possible!  Even though I'm trying to lose weight, I'd rather be a little chubby and healthy, than really skinny and not healthy.
    myGLAMrocksxiahdreams
  • Aesthetic_ChineseAesthetic_Chinese Place of LOVEE :DPosts: 1,610Member

ROOKIE

Jumping in on this. I hope I stick through it, although I don't have anything to weigh myself with. . . .

Height: 5'1 1/2
    Starting Weight: 94 give or take a pound
    Current Weight: 94 give or take a pound
    Goal Weight: whatever it takes to make me toned, don't really care.

I've let myself go way too much and feel so disgusted with my body. I really just want a toned stomach and nice legs hehe :D
    Let's all do it together soompiers~
    Can always COUNT ON ME to be in the full JAYEFFECT
    xiahdreams
  • AndyflowerAndyflower Posts: 4New Member
    edited October 2011
    Well i am really inspired from your Weigh loss Challenges. I think that information that you have shared would be really useful for me. Thanks for your great post s here . 
    Waterford health clubs
  • Ptyeon12Ptyeon12 Posts: 2New Member
    May I join in as well? I´m kind of new here, but everybody seems so nice smile.gif
    I lost 20lbs before but gained 6lbs again...sweatingbullets.gif
    I want to lose what I´ve gained and 15lbs more(dunno if 60 days is enough...but I give my best!happy.gif) and I REALLY need motivation.
    I´ll do a good old mix of exercise and healthy eating( 1300-1500 kcal).

Height:5´7
    Weight before: 138lbs
    Current weight: 144lbs
    Goal weight: 123lbs

ROOKIE

Lunew: Doesn't strength training makes your muscles sore? If so, for how long? =X I've just recently started strength training....and I feel like I can't even run today because I'm so sore =__=

Andyflower: That's good! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Aesthetic Chinese: So you're going to do lots of abs and running stuff? o.O

Pteyon: Sure :) We're all here to motivate each other. 
  • A_Star296A_Star296 Posts: 61Member

ROOKIE

Hiii! I really wanna lose weight, always been abit on the chub side but I want that to change :)

My current stats (rough):

Height:5´4
    Weight before: 150lbs
    Current weight: 150lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs

I plan on eating healthily and doing alooot of exercise! Hope this works :D 

ROOKIE

Congrats on joining A Star!

We need to decide on a day to do the weigh ins on. How about....hmm. Once a week, every Wednesday or Thursday? :mellow:
  • adiavoyadiavoy Posts: 2,281Member

IDOL

Definitely count me in, I've gained a few pounds during the summer, and plus I've gained 2 pounds just in the week! My stomach is starting to turn to blubber.

Highest Weight: 135 lb
    Starting Weight: 125 lb
    Current Weight: 125 lb
    Goal Weight: 110 lb

I'm planning on eating A LOT less, and I'll try my best to do workouts before bed.
    BlancCrayola wrote on 12 October 2011 - 09:46 AM:

Lunew: Doesn't strength training makes your muscles sore? If so, for how long? =X I've just recently started strength training....and I feel like I can't even run today because I'm so sore =__=

Andyflower: That's good! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Aesthetic Chinese: So you're going to do lots of abs and running stuff? o.O

Pteyon: Sure :) We're all here to motivate each other. 

It does for a little while, but I usually lift pretty light weights.  Also, if you stretch out your muscles a lot after, it doesn't hurt as much. I think you get more used to it after a week or so. :)
    Aesthetic_Chinese wrote on 11 October 2011 - 09:40 PM:

Jumping in on this. I hope I stick through it, although I don't have anything to weigh myself with. . . .

Height: 5'1 1/2
    Starting Weight: 94 give or take a pound
    Current Weight: 94 give or take a pound
    Goal Weight: whatever it takes to make me toned, don't really care.

I've let myself go way too much and feel so disgusted with my body. I really just want a toned stomach and nice legs hehe :D
    Let's all do it together soompiers~

I'm totally jealous of your weight right now. :)  If I were you, I would just do lots of strength training, like dumbbells and crunches and stuff. 

Ptyeon12 wrote on 12 October 2011 - 08:43 AM:

May I join in as well? I´m kind of new here, but everybody seems so nice *quoted image*
    I lost 20lbs before but gained 6lbs again...*quoted image*
    I want to lose what I´ve gained and 15lbs more(dunno if 60 days is enough...but I give my best!*quoted image*) and I REALLY need motivation.
    I´ll do a good old mix of exercise and healthy eating( 1300-1500 kcal).

Height:5´7
    Weight before: 138lbs
    Current weight: 144lbs
    Goal weight: 123lbs

Yay, a fellow newbie to these forums. :) 
    Anyhow, good luck!  Sounds like a good plan!

A_Star296 wrote on 12 October 2011 - 11:58 AM:

Hiii! I really wanna lose weight, always been abit on the chub side but I want that to change :)

My current stats (rough):

Height:5´4
    Weight before: 150lbs
    Current weight: 150lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs

I plan on eating healthily and doing alooot of exercise! Hope this works :D 

Hi!  What kinds of exercise are you planning on?  I get bored pretty easily, so I'm looking for fun things to do.

BlancCrayola wrote on 12 October 2011 - 04:50 PM:

Congrats on joining A Star!

We need to decide on a day to do the weigh ins on. How about....hmm. Once a week, every Wednesday or Thursday? :mellow:

Wednesday sounds good to me! 

adiavoy wrote on 12 October 2011 - 05:57 PM:

Definitely count me in, I've gained a few pounds during the summer, and plus I've gained 2 pounds just in the week! My stomach is starting to turn to blubber.

Highest Weight: 135 lb
    Starting Weight: 125 lb
    Current Weight: 125 lb
    Goal Weight: 110 lb

I'm planning on eating A LOT less, and I'll try my best to do workouts before bed.

2 pounds isn't too bad, is it?  It could be just water weight, so you probably don't have to worry too much. 
    Good luck though on losing your "blubber", LOL. :) 
    A_Star296
  • LoliTzAlLoliTzAl somewherePosts: 91Member

ROOKIE

I started a 90 days weight loss challenge @ another forum, I guess I will hop into this one too

Height: 5'11
    Starting Weight: 240
    Current Weight: 227
    Pounds Lost: 13
    Goal Weight: 200

I think I am the only Male in this thread so far

How to stay motivated?
    I usually look at fashion magazine and look at the girls, and tell to my self If i want to date one of them I must lose weight :lol:

My program.
    Not sure if it works for girls.

Weight lifting
    3 days per week, interchangeable with the plan below, afterward 30 minutes cardio

5x5 Squat
    5x5 Bench Press
    5x5 Barbell Row
    Plan A

5x5 Squat
    5x5 Overhead Press
    3x5 Deadlift
    Plan B

Resting days, swim for 30 minutes

On Sunday play basketball for 2-3hours

So far, people have complimented on how my cheek has become smaller, and some of my shirts Sleeve are too tight compared to before the program
    5044299.png
    Feed me
  • lilliumslilliums Michigan.Posts: 1,652Member

IDOL

edited October 2011
    I'm joining you guys! Most of the fat on my body is stored in my hips/thigh area, so I look disproportionate...I just want to lose the fat! And of course, live a healthier life. I've stopped drinking pop for a few months now!

Starting Weight: 107 lbs
    Current Weight: 107 lbs
    Goal Weight: 100 lbs

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow for healthier food! And I'll probably start up my food diary again. It seemed to help a bit the last time I used it. And I'm most likely going to jump rope and go on the treadmill, but I get bored easily. :/
    Icon credit to lovemydanger
  • v2firekov2fireko Posts: 2New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'd like to join if you guys don't mind.

Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight: 132 lbs
    Current Weight: 130 lbs 
    Pounds Lost: 2
    Goal Weight: 105 lbs **

** I'm actually more concerned with losing inches/fat and gaining muscle (becoming toned), than the weight.
    My plan is to eat relatively clean, hit the gym in the morning before lectures, and maintain a positive atitude.

By the way, anyone from AUS who would be willing to be my buddy-buddy?
    Basically, we just txt each other or something along those lines to keep the other updated on our respective progresses.
    Eg. Going to the gym, or eating a really healthy meal, etc. and check up on each other.
    It worked well for my previous weight-loss buddy and I, until she moved continents.  My free-txting only applies to AUS, not international. 

EDIT: I'm going to have to drop out, sorry! Exams are coming, and I'd rather not be distracted by soompi.
    Once I log on . . I tend to start lurking in all types of forums. Good luck ~~