♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest gj_fil

Life is Beautiful MV

Only drama ive seen where Unnie is rich as in a chaebol daughter hahaha :lol: ...  cant seem to help thinking if shell ever make another drama wherein she will be well off (hope to see that for a change..)

I agree with you! I would love to see HJW wearing fashionable clothes, long dresses, attending VIP parties, wearing beautiful jewelry and look stunning in every episode of a Korean drama! :lol:

Regarding "US 1023", thank you @rainluver for initiating to make a 1023 fan club outside Korea. That would be the start of having an "International 1023" so Im very hopeful that "Korea 1023" and HJW's management would give positive feedback to it. :sweatingbullets:

Guest ganaax

Films on wide range of sports to hit local screens

A well-worn clich says sports is drama without a script. And one of the reasons people love sports is because its improvisational theater exposes a full range of human emotions, from the exuberant joy of victory to the excruciating pain of defeat.

This summer, South Korean moviegoers will be able to experience that roller-coaster ride from the comfort of their seats in air-conditioned multiplex theaters, instead of on sun-drenched bleachers at baseball parks or football stadiums.

At least half a dozen sports films are in production and could be released in the next couple of months, according to distributors and production companies.

The films will cover a wide range of sports, from baseball, the nation’s most popular sport, to more obscure sports such as marathon, boxing and table tennis. Some are based on true stories, while others rely on fictitious characters to deliver the drama.

Fictional or not, filmmakers say few subjects are as compelling as stories of athletes who overcome adversities.

“It’s not as though we were trying to do sports from the beginning,” said Cho Yun-mi, head of Lemon Tree, a Seoul-based film promotion company.

One of the films it’s promoting this year is “Fight,” a fictional tale about a former all-star pitcher who grows up only after getting demoted to the minor league.

“We were looking for some dramatic and touching characters, and we stumbled upon athletes,” Cho added. “The way they go through grueling practices and a series of failures before ultimately realizing success can be an apt metaphor for life.”

The summer lineup will also include “Pacemaker,” about a marathon pacesetter who tries to complete his first marathon.

“Champ” will tell the real-life story about a jockey and his limping racehorse as they try to compete in a Grand Prix event.

Two films based on true stories stand out among the pack.

“Korea” will center on the joint South Korea-North Korea women’s table tennis team that won the gold medal at the 1991 World Table Tennis Championships in Chiba City, Japan.

It was the first time the two Koreas had fielded a united team in any international sports competition. In the team final, the Korean athletes stunned China, which had won the previous eight titles in a row.

20110714000659_0.jpgActress Ha Ji-won (left) watches a local table tennis tournament with former national player Hyun Jung-hwa. Ha has been cast in the role of Hyun for the film “Korea,” about the unified South Korea-North Korea table tennis team at the 1991 world championships. The film is set to open later this summer. (Yonhap News)

Ha Ji-won, a multiple award-winning star of blockbuster films, has been cast as Hyun Jung-hwa, the top South Korean player at the championships and an Olympic gold medalist. Bae Doo-na, another veteran, will be Li Bun-hui, the North Korean star and Hyun’s doubles partner in Chiba City.

Hyun, a former national team coach and now an executive with the Korea Table Tennis Association, has been teaching Ha and other members of the cast since the start of the year.

“The Perfect Game” is a baseball flick about two of the country’s greatest pitchers, culminating with their thrilling duel more than two decades ago.

On May 16, 1987, Sun Dong-yol of the Haitai Tigers and Choi Dong-won of the Lotte Giants met for the third and the final time in their illustrious careers in the Korea Baseball Organization. Each right-hander went the distance as their teams ended in a 2-2 tie after 15 innings in one of the most memorable games in the league’s 29-year history.

Sun is largely regarded as the finest pitcher the KBO has seen.

In 11 seasons split as a starter and a closer, He went 146-40 with 132 saves and a 1.20 earned run average on his way to winning three most valuable player awards, which helped the Tigers win six Korean Series championships.

Choi, a fireballer whose career was cut short by injuries, is best known for winning all four games himself in the 1984 Korean Series. He remains the only KBO pitcher to win all four games in the best-of-seven championship series. Choi still holds the record for most strikeouts in a season with 223.

Director Park Hee-gon said two stars of the film, Cho Seung-woo as Choi and Yang Dong-geun as Sun, have been training with a former national team baseball pitcher.

20110714000658_0.jpgActor Yang Dong-geun throws out the first pitch at a local baseball game. (Yonhap News)

Park said the actors have done a fine job depicting pitchers, but added baseball action is only part of the story. The director said it doesn’t follow the “loser-makes-good” storyline of clichd sports flicks.

“The film is about the fierce jealousy of the two men who had accomplished pretty much all except for one thing,” Park said. “And it started with the question, ‘What if the other man had that one missing piece?’”

Park said he chose to focus more on the human element than on actual athletics. That way, he may be following in the footsteps of recent hit sports films.

“The National Team,” a 2009 film about Korean ski jumpers, is one of the highest-grossing local films of all time. Experts credit the film with helping the recent emergence of sports movies.

Other hits include “Forever the Moment” from 2008, a true story about the South Korean women’s handball team at the 2004 Athens Olympics, and “Mr. Gam’s Victory” from 2004, a true-life tale about a mop-up bullpen pitcher, Gam Sa-yong, thrown into a starting role against the KBO’s best team in 1982.

All three are as much about human drama as sporting competitions, with underdogs trying to fight their way into relevance. None of them ends on a victorious note ― a ski jumper botches his landing, South Korea loses to Denmark in the handball final and Gam gives up a walk-off home run ― but that didn’t keep moviegoers from filling the seats.

Jeong Seung-chul, a 37-year-old enthusiast of both sports and films, said he had become tired of predictable endings in some earlier sports movies but that he enjoyed the three films.

“After a while, you can grow bored of seeing good guys always win,” he said. “I think it’s more dramatic when those good guys don’t end up winning but still take away something meaningful from their defeats. That’s probably a more realistic metaphor for life because you don’t always win in life.”

Sometimes, financial issues can force filmmakers to opt for the drama over the action. They say it’s virtually impossible to project the thrills of real-life competitions onto the big screen.

Choi Min-soo of CJ E&M, the distributor for “Korea,” said there’s only so much cameras and high-tech equipment can do.

“If you want to shoot sports scenes and make them realistic, it will cost more than twice as much as shooting a normal film,” he said. “This is why sports films can be risky.”

Risky or not, filmmakers have tried to jump on the bandwagon.

With three all-sports cable stations and three golf channels providing blanket coverage, and a record number of fans going to stadiums across the country, the time has hardly been riper for sports movies. 

(Yonhap News)

http://www.koreahera...=20110714000462

http://blog.korea.net/?p=3735

Guest 82lucille

Sector 7 long preview with Eng sub

Wow!  Cant really wait for it showing in the Philippines.. (who knows when its going to be shown here?)

Chingus visit sector 7 facebook, they have promo or something and a prize will be given.. please read along the mechanics if you want to join  :lol:

Guest ganaax

Ha Ji Won’s Sexiness by Photo Shots

Posted On Friday, July 15, 2011 By fashion. Under Celebrities, Celebrities, Fashion Style, Korean Artist  Tags: actress, fashion, ha ji won, Ha Ji-wonHa Ji-won, Human Interest, instyle, InStyleInStyle, korea, nbsp, newfashionmode, photo shots, Politics, sexiness, sexy, sexy look, South Korean television dramaSouth Korean television drama, Sports, style icon    <a >Digg DiggStyle icon, Ha Ji Won, is featured in the March issue of InStyle Korea. Ha Ji Won‘s sexy look in these pictures.

korean_actress_ha_ji_won_pictures_05.jpg

korean_actress_ha_ji_won_pictures_06.jpg

korean_actress_ha_ji_won_pictures_10.jpg

korean_actress_ha_ji_won_pictures_11.jpg

korean_actress_ha_ji_won_pictures_12.jpg

http://newfashionmod...by-photo-shots/

Guest razelcada

Hello there everyone!

Whoah! So many pictures! I SO LOVE IT! happy.gif

Thank you for sharing those.

Hello CINNAMON23!

She's my first ever girl crush and will be the only one! laugh.gif

She is the only actress that got me stalking and stalking and stalking everything she does.

Hi..everyone..here's the link from SBS SeGa VBB, there're so many pictures of Ha ji won

http://nbbs3.sbs.co.kr/index.jsp?cmd=read&code=tb_secret_01&top_index=&field=&keyword=&category=&star=&no=49358&page_no=1

http://nbbs3.sbs.co.kr/index.jsp?cmd=read&code=tb_secret_01&top_index=&field=&keyword=&category=&star=&no=49361&page_no=1

Enjoy!! :)

Guest deokmaneu

Thanks guys for posting all her photos in different hairstyles... she can really changed from one image to another.... She's so attractive in long but hair but love her so much in her short hair....really looking forward to watch Sector 7, but for the meantime I am trying to search on her other films, has started watching what happened in Bali and found a link on her Movie Miracle on 1st Street, where she played the role of a female boxer, saw some of it and I can say that Ha Ji won is really very graceful even in those boxing posture....

Guest mullatodeangel

Beautiful beautiful ha ji won, thank you very much for the photos. HJW make me confuse myself,  i feel i have a crush on her. Am I still normal? hahaha,,,

What a charisma she have, even a girl can't resist her and what more for a man....

BTW, I read somewhere at other site that HJW  will do another drama. Are this true? the one with jang dong gun? I look forward for this drama if it's true.

Guest yana0901

I just love to see her model look..with different hair styles that suits her perfectly! TQ for sharing all her beautiful pictures

HJW will act in new drama?Really??Awesome.. so looking forward for her new drama project..

Guest cinnamon23

Hello there everyone!

Whoah! So many pictures! I SO LOVE IT! *quoted image*

Thank you for sharing those.

Hello CINNAMON23!

She's my first ever girl crush and will be the only one! *quoted image*

She is the only actress that got me stalking and stalking and stalking everything she does.

Totally on the same ship as you!

Guest gj_fil

She's my first girl crush evah!  

OMG!!! same here! and until now, nothing replaced her or even added!;)

btw, thanks for all the pictures, links, and videos!:wub:ganaax, thank you! you're always loaded with HJW stuff! :lol:

Guest ganaax