Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Guest jorien

Yoon Shi-yoon eyes drama for next project

YoonShiYoon5.jpg

From King of Baking to King of Vegetables? One of last year’s biggest breakout stars, Baker King Kim Tak-gu‘s Yoon Shi-yoon is reportedly planning a comeback to dramaland, this time as a master of… veggies? The upcoming drama currently in development is called Bachelor’s Vegetable Store [총각네 야채가게], which is a weird-sounding title, I know, but then again, so is Baker King Kim Tak-gu, which was a ratings hit. Guess you can’t judge a drama by its title? But… I LIKE to judge a drama by its title!

The story is based on the life of a real person, a man named Lee Young-seok, who started a small vegetable store as a young man in 1990. It was a tiny space, only ten pyeong. (An old-school unit of measurement, still used colloquially to denote space, like square footage. The unit pyeong is derived from the amount of space for one average-sized person to lie on the ground and spread out their arms and legs… What? I looked it up for curiosity’s sake. Also, I’m bad at conversions, so I needed a different way to explain it.) So — about the size of a tiny studio apartment, or so.

Anyway, he went on to be a huge success, and is sort of an icon as a small-business pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps success story. His store became known in the neighborhood as “The Bachelor’s Vegetable Store,” because that’s what an ajumma would call a young man who is a local business owner. He’d be too young to call “Boss” like a normal shop owner ajusshi, so they would call him chong-gak, meaning bachelor, or single man. I know, Korea’s weird with the very specific monikers denoting age and marital status, but on the other hand, one title is super informative?

Besides, if Yoon Shi-yoon is playing the owner, can you really see an ajumma calling him anything but chong-gak, other than “hey you, kid”? It has the potential for a nice uplifting slice-of-life drama, and could be great if they keep the story small and rich with the details of what Seoul was like in the 90s. Looks like it’s one to keep an eye on.

Bachelor’s Vegetable Store is in development, and plans to premiere later this year.

Via Hankook Ilbo

Credit to Dramabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/05/yoon-shi-yoon-eyes-drama-for-next-project/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest facing

Hello all Yoon Si Yoon fans :)

We are having Yoon Si Yoon fanclub here in soompi, go check it out!

http://www.soompi.com/fanclub/yoon-si-yoon

Currently there's still no moderator managing Yoon Si Yoon Fanclub.

So if you're interested in making his FC more wonderful, PM me or lualm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello~~

Just want to say that i met him in person for the first time..I met him at Incheon airport not so long ago..That time me and my family were just arrived in Korea for vacation..When we're waiting for our luggage, me and my sister saw him..Nobody noticed..He's hiding under his hood but to be honest he's really cute..

Good luck to him in the future works!

• Like 1

Ohhh you are so lucky!!!! I hope i can see him in the future too... I will be on korea this october... I hope i can be just lucky as you and i can meet him in person!

By the way guys, come and visit his fan club here in soompi!!! I've updated it with so many interesting thing about him, pictures, profile, filmography, trivias, polls and awards!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Endorsing his soompi fan site guys! Please join!!!! We have Yoon Si Yoon's information about his filmography, awards and nominations and even trivia about our wonderdul newbie turned superstar actor :) Link is in my siggie!!!

Why did I became crazy with Si Yoon?

1. Humility - This is really on top, because I also really like some other good looking actors but the way they project themselves in media is different from Si Yoon, he is very humble and wants to live his own private life. He kinda looks geeky, innocent... and that's what I like about him!!!

2. Smile and Cuteness - His smile makes me feel better :)

3. Talent - He's seriously competing now in the veteran actors of the industry

03.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

• Like 1

According to Yoon Si Yoon's DC account, casting in talks for his possible upcoming drama... 대야망 (Daeyamang).... I think this is based on a Japanese/Korean comic book?! I hope the details will arrive soon!

A link to the comic book: http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/culture/book/444613.html

• Like 1

News about Yoonie in Korean... I would be very happy if someone can translate but the way I understand it it says:

Why does Yoonie taking so long to appear in small screen after the great success of his drama, Baker King Kim tak Goo... It says several factors that he filmed a movie and he is paying for the price of being in a national drama... His agency is very careful of casting him on his next drama to meet expectations. Also, it says that his current age (20sh) and appearance is quite a difficult factor for him to fit a new role... Also, it said that his drama later this year called "Bachelor Vegetable Storee" is still unsure in terms of production....

I hope someone can translate and interpret better! please please!!!

http://news.nate.com/view/20110613n15966

윤시윤, '제빵왕 김탁구' 성공후 안방복귀 왜 늦어졌나

enews24 원문 기사전송 2011-06-13 15:00 최종수정 2011-06-13 15:15

관심지수

글씨 확대 글씨 축소

[enews24 김지연 기자] KBS2 수목극 '제빵왕 김탁구'로 스타덤에 오른 신예 윤시윤에게는 말 못할 고민이 있었다. 국민 드라마가 된 드라마의 성공으로 거침없을 것 같았던 그의 행보에 어떤 고충이 있었을까.

이는 지난해 6월 9일 첫 방송된 '제빵왕 김탁구' 대박 이후 1년여의 시간이 흘렀음에도 그가 아직 안방극장에 컴백하지 않은, 아니 못한 이유이기도 하다.

최근 enews와 만난 윤시윤 소속사 택시엔터테인먼트 관계자는 "윤시윤이 드라마 성공 후 많은 곳에서 러브콜을 받았지만 밀려드는 시놉시스에도 불구하고 마땅히 출연할 작품이 없었다"고 털어놨다.

이유인즉 86년생으로 이제 갓 20대 중반이 된 그가 30대 중후반의 캐릭터가 봇물을 이룬 최근의 드라마를 소화하기에는 무리가 있었기 때문이다. 나이 등 현재 윤시윤의 상태를 고려하다보니 입맛에 맞는 작품 찾기가 하늘의 별따기였다.

이 관계자는 "물론 '제빵왕 김탁구'가 끝난 후 영화를 찍긴 했지만 아직 완성이 안 된데다 공백이 길어지고 있어 컴백할 드라마를 찾고 있다"며 "하루빨리 작품을 결정하고 시청자들에게 인사드리기 위해 노력 중"이라고 밝혔다.

물론 최근 윤시윤은 올 하반기 방송 예정인 드라마 '총각네 야채가게' 주인공으로 출연이 유력시되고 있다. 물론 아직 100% 확정된 것은 아닌 상태다.

이 관계자는 "늦어도 올해 안으로 드라마에 출연할 것"이라고 기대를 당부했다.

김지연 기자 butthegirl@cj.net

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?articleid=20110624070000915a7&linkid=4&newssetid=1352

Yoon Si Yoon will be releasing a single in Japan as a promotion for Baker King which will be premiered on July in Fuji TV... We can hear him again singing a new song sometime next month!!!

• Like 1

Guest icweq

hi hi ^^ everyone

omg those fanarts are so adorable and cute...

and yay YSY to release a new single in Japan..i cant wait to hear his sexy voice once again. XD

btw,,this thread is so underrated ...:(

hi hi ^^ everyone

omg those fanarts are so adorable and cute...

and yay YSY to release a new single in Japan..i cant wait to hear his sexy voice once again. XD

btw,,this thread is so underrated ...:(

Thank You very much for appreciating the thread!!! Yes, he will going to Japan end of June to record a song.... You are right that the thread is underrated in soompi and it seems like Kim Tak Gu, YSY is underdog here hahahha, but I know anywhere he goes, he'll go far because he's very humble as a person.

Here's an interesting observation. I think some fans of other stars subconsciously rejects or dislikes him because the way he rise into stardom by beating out other stars in the ratings of their shows wayback 2010... Kang Ji Hwan, So Ji Sub, Lee Seung Gi etc. and the way he got the popularity is so fast like nobody before has ever made it... But I believe that so many people especially here in the Philippines admires him a lot.

Here's the latest twitpic of YSY yesterday!!!!

9091b83c.jpg

a2bcb5e0.jpg

• Like 1