Guest lucky_moon

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Nam: Originally Wanted to Become an Actor

[2011-03-18]

Seasoned singer Nam Jin, who has released over 1,000 songs, 50 of which remain lasting hits, said that his original dream was to become an actor. He appeared on the KBS2 talk show "Win Win" Tuesday and said he first dreamed of entering the entertainment world by watching actors perform.

He said that in his day, TV and radio was rare and to meet a celebrity in real person was extremely difficult so any actors coming to the provinces to perform were greeted with much fanfare.

889_2382_l.jpg

Nam thought, "I want to be cheered like them. I want to be a star too." He would sneak into a theater run by his close friend's family and fostered his dream of becoming an actor.

Then he entered Hanyang University's theater and film department. At that time, singing was just a hobby. Then one day, he went on a field trip with his older sister and friends and was drawn to the music played from a mountain cabin.

He stepped into the cabin. His sister, who knew his singing talent well, urged him to go up on stage and sing. Nam caught the eye of the band master there and Nam gave him his phone number without really thinking.

He received a call after a month and when he arrived at the appointment, waiting for him there was producer Han Dong-hun, who worked with the biggest star of the day, singer Nam Il-hae.

Nam Jin confessed that when he went to sign up for a class at Han's music academy, he signed up for one month because a girl standing in the doorway was so pretty that he wanted to see her again.

He said he knew that that would be the start of his singing career, which has lasted 45 years.

Writer: Honorary reporter Son Ji-yeon

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

KBS WORLD (Asia/Europe) VIEWERS

First Eng-Subbed Episode will air on Wednesday, 30 March 2011

With Effect from 30 March 2011

First Run (

Wednesdays) at 12:20am (KST)

Repeat (Thursdays) at 7:00pm (KST)

Disclaimer Note : Time/Date indicated are correct at time of posting, though KBSW may change it later on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know if the first subbed episode will also happen to be LSGeun's first episode as co-MC/host on "Win Win"

Please also note that from Monday 28 March 2011 onwards, there are major changes to KBS World programme schedule affecting mainly all the variety shows.

Just an update posting.

The first Eng-subbed episode on KBS World (to air on 30 March) will be Episode 54, which is LSGeun's 2nd episode as new MC of "Win Win"

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Middle-aged Actor Close with Idol Singers

[2011-04-15]

Talented actor Kim Gab-su has boasted about his ties with young idol singers. The Tuesday episode of the KBS 2TV talk show "Win Win" was a special on Kim. His "secret guests" were boy band members Jo Kwon of 2AM and Yoon Doo-joon of Beast, who both costar with Kim in the sitcom "All My Love."

925_2466_l.jpg

Kim went on to talk about his close ties with other idol singers, including JYJ's Yuchun, whom he met on the drama set of "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and 2PM's Taecyeon, with whom Kim appeared in the drama "Cinderella's Stepsister" as well as female singers Gain of Brown Eyed Girls and IU. Kim added there are several others he befriended. He said he doesn't meet with them every day but they call each other once in a while.

Noting that Kim enjoys wearing skinny jeans and posting on Twitter, MC Lee Su-geun said, "Just from his style, he's an idol member himself all around."

Kim also talked about his poor childhood, his first film in which he went all nude ("Their Last Love Affair"), and how he was cast in the classic film "Mulberry."

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Guest gwapa_ko

I just saw the episode with Jo Sanguk. His mother was sooo funny sabotaging his son on air. Hahaha!!! I didn't expect Sanguk was soo funny too because his roles in Kdramas are serious.

I hope Lee Jong Hyuk will guest in the future. :wub:

Do you guys know where I can watch online the episode with Jang Hyuk?? Jebal! w00t.gifw00t.gif

Edit: I'm done back reading but why is this thread soo silent? :(

Archived