Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Here's Son Ye Jin official May Calendar....

Beautiful!!!

yj_201105_1920x1200.jpg

Link:

http://barunsonf.cafe24.com/news/news_read.asp?intno=86&scategory=main

Credit: SJY Facebook and Barunson Entertainment

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jcldfc

hello everyone,

Son Ye JIn was on Gong hyong jin's Cine Town radio program today! I only caught the last part, hopefully someone will upload the show! They seem like good friends, it was a fun interview!

Guest cris14

hello everyone,

Son Ye JIn was on Gong hyong jin's Cine Town radio program today! I only caught the last part, hopefully someone will upload the show! They seem like good friends, it was a fun interview!

JC, I want to share some pics and vids but it's really hard since i cant upload pics here.. :tears:

so please everyone just visit this page: Son Ye Jin 손예진 World (Intn'l Syjers Page)

if you could also please do some translations for us JC..that would be really helpful..I've been looking for some to translate news about yejin but cant find one until now.. :tears:

Guest jcldfc

JC, I want to share some pics and vids but it's really hard since i cant upload pics here.. :tears:

so please everyone just visit this page: Son Ye Jin 손예진 World (Intn'l Syjers Page)

if you could also please do some translations for us JC..that would be really helpful..I've been looking for some to translate news about yejin but cant find one until now.. :tears:

I"ll try and translate this weekend when I have some time! Thanks for the upload!

Guest jcldfc

thanks JC, I'll wait for it then..thanks so much in advance..^^

WELCOME!!

Hello, I'm having some computer problems, my browser won't play adobe on 64 bit browser? I'll have to try from another computer, I'll try and do it in a few days.

Guest cris14

it's okay JC, it can wait.. :rolleyes: just take your time, we dont want to interrupt your daily activities..heheh

Guest chatteraddict

Saw this at Popseoul. SYJ checking some mini cooper!

http://popseoul.com/2011/05/16/popspot-son-ye-jin-rides-in-luxury/

Guest jcldfc

Gong Hyung JIn Cine Town:

5/12/11

GHJ: intro: It's raining hard, samgyupsal (pork) is good for you, washing away the dirt

chungsoon, chung cho, chunyang..(I will introduce a very charming, innocent someone to you soon)

He tells a short story of someone who asks, who is the most beautiful girl in the world. don't ask b/c if you ask, you won't get an answer you would like. A princess, because she is a woman, is curious too. but because there is no mirror, the girl herself is the mirror. (I'm not quite sure how to translate this story, basically it's an anecdote and SYJ is often referred to as "yuri" which means glass/mirror and it's an analogy to someone who is brilliantly clear

GHJ: How can a person be this clear, pure?

GHJ: We know each other well, S: yes GHJ: everthing we know about you, the pureness the clarity, let's throw that all out the window. SYJ: laughs, I shouldn't have come today.

SYJ; Thank you for inviting me

GHJ:Do you go to a eye-smiling school?

SYJ: Yes, I'm the headmistress.

G: He reads compliments from callers. ..........are we close?

S: not really. (teasing) G: Me too, we are not close. (They are both teasing each other)

S: Even before Alone in Love I was a fan of yours. So after Alone In Love, I became an even bigger fan

GHJ: Working with you on Alone in Love I have a good image and memories of you.

You are really busy, we speak on the phone but perhaps I see you once a year. We go to same hair salon, so I see you there.

You've never had a really long rest have you?

G; I don't think you like not having anything to do, you are very hard working, even if you don't have acting work, you have other work to keep you occupied.

S:I like to travel, and that seems like rest to me.

After I finished Personal Taste, it took a year to choose my next project.

She introduces Eerie Romance Chilling Romatic Comedy. About a woman who sees ghosts and is lonely b/c people are afraid to be around her then she meet a magician and falls in love with him.

it has comedy, romance, melo. a litte horror.G: Do you watch horror films?S: No, I can't watch them.

G: Are you afraid of ghosts? SYG: Of course G: Are there ghosts? SYJ: Yes

G: I know that you are a scaredy cat. SyJ laughs

I"m afraid of bugs. Who did you work with. Lee Min Ki He's very warm-hearted, genuine

She received a lot of compliments from fans. G: teases again) your fan club member? S: yes, and my family too.

G:you have a lot of female fans now.

S: Sunbaenim, you hosted my first fan meeting. It was 99% male but nowadays, maybe it's because I'm older, I have female fans and I'm so happy about that.

G: Me too, I have more male fans but I'm not happy about that. (teasing ) Actually, when the same sex love you, it's more genuine.

GHJ: Both male and female fans love you now. I'm looking forward to your film b/c both you and Lee MIn KI have good personalities

Do you get close with your costars.

It depends on the scenario Because he's my junior, my character's name is Kang yuh lee, he called me that rather than noona, b/c you can't feel romantic feelings

There are many beautiful and talented actresses but you are one of the representative actors. Do you get tired of hearing that you are pure/ innocent representative?

When I heard that I was innocent I was shocked. I never thought of myself that way but b/c I've heard it so much, it's become

I think I changed my image but people still think of me as the girl fromm Classic, AMTR

G: Even if I have thoughts of disliking you, you act so well, I can't hate you. you know that, right?

S: I'm confused about what you're trying to say

G: I know that you are far from innocent.. (SYJ laughs) I know your character well, and of course you are .but you act very well....

I saw you before your debut and I was curious about what kind of actress you would be. Can you say that you've never gone through a slump?

G:Through delicious proposal, I've never stopped working so it seems like I've never gone through a slump but I can say that I've gone through a slump but privately, it's not something I talk about publicly.

S: Sometimes I don't like the way I act or look onscreen and get tired of looking at my expression.

G: I"m jealous. I wish there was a time that I got tired of looking at my face.

Oh, when it becomes a pattern...Are there

Ever since I was little I thought by myself, but nowadays I tell my friends, even those who are not in the business.

I'm a homebody,

G:Yes, it seems that way. Is it because you have partied when you were younger. Are there people you can talk to? S: when I was little

For three years after my debut I was focused on work and acting well that I did not meet any friends. but nowadays I'm more social.

I hear that you read all the time...

beyonggam character

I know that you read a lot,

S:no, I don't read that much but I do try b/c you do learn a lot from reading

I was going to travel, but I read this book and it made me so depressed.

female caller msg: what kind of films do you like

S: I like romance, human drama films best but recently I saw this film, Let me in , a Swedish film I saw this film about 3 times, I don't usually like vampire films but this film was so good and I cried watching it.

male caller text msg: I think the radio is broken, I see an angel.

GHJ: curses (jokingly) the caller for being cheesy. and SYJ is laughing.

SYJ: my dad must've left that message

another caller msg: How can eyes, nose and mouth fit in that small face?

GHJ: It would be weird if they didn't fit.

I think the next ten, fifteen years is really important for you what kind of films do you want to make?

I guess through Black Swan, a lot of people want to make a beautiful dance film and I'm the same way. Something you can only express through body movement, I want to film a beautiful lovely dance film. It's something only musicians can feel. I want to act in it and make it as well.

How long has it been since you've loved?

a really long time?

No

Do you have a boyfriend now? No

Of course, I want to have a firey love too. Sometimes I want to have a comfortable love and other times, even though I'm in the movie-making business, I want to experience a movie-kind of love. G: Movie love doesn't exist in real life S: It doesn't? Why not? G: you're the girl who has everything, you can't have that too S: I don't have everything...

(There is a segment where GHJ says she has everything( in terms of looks/talent etc) so she can't have that. She won't get a movie kind of love but this is all half-true, half-jokingly said

Do you think God/Spirit is fair?

yes.

What blessing/gift did you receive from God?

I received the gift of working at something that I love.

Doing the work that I love and receiving lots of love is a huge blessing but I also know that I have to work hard. Before I was of the mindset where I would be self-critical a lot but these days I try to appreciated hardship as character building and try and be more thankful.

Do you have acting role models

There are so many. Even supporting actors in the film PIanist Isabelle ----she acted so well without dialogue

You remind me of Amy Adams, Julie and Julia,

Not Mamma Mia?

No not her

look at Julie and Julia,

besides acting what would you like to do?

SYJ: A lot of actors are painting now and I would like to draw/ paint if I have some time.

You're going into your next film? Yes, the Tower with Sol KYung Goo...like 911 I wanted to film a film that the whole family can go and see together.

What kind of actress will you be?

SYJ: a good actor.

G:Even now you are a good actor.

S:Watching I am a singer, I can see that life expererience really helps in showing to the viewers the depth of emotions and I believe the same is true in acting

I think when a person goes through hard times, even if it is mentally difficult for me, it helps me to express genuinely when I'm acting.

G:I believe in your abilities and look forward to your future and will support you and wait for you. We hope that you would watch over us and bless us with your smiling presence

Hello SYJ ers, I tried to translate as well as possible but I might have missed a few things.

She also called into Heechul Youngstreet radio program on 5/16 They didn't really talk about too much, he was making her giggle from the beginning and it was a brief call-in. It seems like they have a good teasing vibe. Heechul mostly asked about himself, LOL, He's like you're one of the most beautiful, talented actresses

How are you? I'm starting on a film next week. H:

Heechul. what did you want to be when you were a baby? He said Our Yejin, what did you want to be? S: she couldn't aswer as she wasn't expecting the question. He then asked what's my bad quality? She couldn't asnwer that either. He then said he should have given her the list of question before. She said, it wasn't that, she only thought of his good qualities. She said he's seems like a really good person, she said is it like I"m reading a script,? he has a deepness and is supportive of others. (she's like, did I do well?, as she was reading a script. she was teasing him) He's like that's not what you said yesterday. She requested Amy Winehouse, You know I"m no good. Heechul was like you changed your tune from yesterday, wasn't it im jae bum's for you? SYJ, yes I want to hear that too Heechul said, We'll play those later but now I'm going to play your song from Lover's Concerto SYJ was like what? noo and then they said their goodbyes. Heechul: Will you come on Youngstreet when I"m here? SYJ : just call me whenever Heechul: Don't Lie SYJ: no, I will. Ok SYJ , Thank you and Fighting!

Oh I realize, I made some errors and unfinished sentences. I will edit later!

Guest cris14

you are an ANGEL JC!! THANK YOU SO MUCH..

really, dont know how to thank you for this.. blush.gif

this is hard work what you did..

by the way, in the interview, there's this part where she talks about ko soo..i was wondering what's that about.. :unsure:

Guest facing

Hello all Son Ye Jin fans :)

We are having Son Ye Jin fanclub here in soompi, go check it out!

http://www.soompi.com/fanclub/son-ye-jin

Currently there's still no moderator managing Son Ye Jin Fanclub.

So if you're interested in making her FC more wonderful, PM me or lualm.

Guest jcldfc

The part about Ko Soo is where she said because they didn't have many scenes together in the film they were a little sumuck sumuck , I'm not exactly sure of the meaning but I think it means they were a little awkward with each other when doing promotions.  There are some errors in the translation, I hope people get the gist of it.

Guest gj_fil

hello guys! I recently watched SYJ's movies. I finished Art of seduction and A moment to remember. both movies were great and SYJ's acting was superb! She also had great chemistry with her 2 leading men on both movies.

Now I will watch The Classic. :lol:

Guest cris14

hello guys! I recently watched SYJ's movies. I finished Art of seduction and A moment to remember. both movies were great and SYJ's acting was superb! She also had great chemistry with her 2 leading men on both movies.

Now I will watch The Classic. :lol:

thanks for visiting! ^_^

it's good that you are checking out yejin's works too..you wont regret watching them for sure! ENJOY!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bratzjoyce

Blockbuster disaster movie Tower releases first stills

The first stills are out of blockbuster film Tower, which began filming last month and is currently deep in production. As previously mentioned, Tower is an action movie that centers around a skyscraper fire and comes to us from the director of that other anticipated summer action flick Sector 7, wherein a sea monster terrorizes the workers on an oil rig, led by Ha Ji-won.

Tower will have a different sort of action, though — less kill-the-beast, more save-lives — and stars tough leading man Sol Kyung-gu (No Mercy) as a firefighter, the gorgeous Sohn Ye-jin (Personal Taste) as a restaurant manager working within the building, and a sharp-looking Kim Sang-kyung (My Country Calls) as the building manager. When disaster strikes on Christmas Eve, people begin scrambling to save their lives from the large-scale fire raging within the tower, which sounds like it ought to be intense.

The scenes depicted in these stills are: Restaurant manager Sohn Ye-jin checks on the food in the kitchen in preparation for a large party. In another part of the building, Kim Sang-kyung makes his rounds checking the facilities as part of his team leader duties. Sol Kyung-gu arrives on the scene when help is called and gets to work.

The movie is scheduled for an August release, which just seems insane to me. I know that the Korean entertainment industry thrives on the whole practically-live-shoot-everything system, but beginning filming in May, shooting through June, doing post-production in July, and releasing in August? Sounds like mayhem for everyone involved.

Source:Dramabeans