Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

No, dont just show it... review it.
resDSC02127.jpg (Dollar bill is there for scale) Last update: 5.9.07 last entry Interested in buying high end headphones? Current List: BenQ JoyBee 125 Creative MuVo TX 256 MB Creative MuVo TX 256 MB Creative Muvo 128mb Creative Zen Micro Creative Zen Micro Creative Zen Micro Creative Zen Micro Creative Zen Micro Zen Micro (dead) Zen Micro 6gb (dead) Creative Muvo^2 FM 5gb Creative Muvo TXFM Creative Zen Nano Plus Creative Zen Nano Plus Zen Sleek Photo 20gb Creative Zen Touch Creative Zen V 1gb Creative Zen Vision 30gb Creative Zen Vision 30gb Creative Zen Vision Creative Zen Vision Creative Zen Vision Creative Zen Vision Creative Zen Vision Zen vision M 60gb Creative Zen Vision Creative Zen Vision Zen Vision M 30gb Creative Zen V Plus Creative Zen Xtra 60gb Creative Zen Xtra 40GB Creative Zen Vision W iAudio X5L iAudio X5L iAudio G3 iAudio 6 Cowon iAudio 6 iAudio U2 Cowon A2 Cowon iAudio U3 Ipod Video 30gb Ipod Video 30gb Ipod Video 30gb Ipod 4th gen 20gb Ipod Photo Ipod Nano Nano 4gb Nano 2gb Nano 8gb Nano 8gb Ipod Mini 6gb Ipod Shuffle 1gb Iriver T10 IRiver T10 Iriver H10 Irivier H10 Iriver H10 Irivier H10 iRiver H10 iRiver h10 iRiver H120 Iriver iFP-795 Iriver iFP-795 512mb Iriver N10 Iriver U10 iRiver U10 Iriver X20 iStation Digital Cube iStation 2 LG JM53 Mobiblu cube thing Mobiblu Cube 2 2gb MPIO FY200 MPIO FL100 Meizu M6 Meizu M6 Meizu M6 Meizu M6 Meizu M6 Olympis M:robe 500i Rio 600 Yepp YP-T5H Samsung YP-T7Z Samsung YP-T8Z Samsung YP-T8Z Samsung YH-820 Samsung YH-820 Samsung 512MB MP3 Player (YP-U1X) Saumsung YP Z5QB Samsung Nexus 50 Samsung YP-T9 1gb Samsung YP-T9 Samsung YP-T9 Samsung YP-T9 2gb Samsung YP-T9 4gb Samsung k5 4gb Samsung K5 Samsung YP-K5 Samsung YP-K5 Samsung YP-Z5 Samsung YP-Z5AS Sandisk Sansa e140 Sansa ?? Sansa e260 4gb Sansa E270R Sony Network Walkman NW-E400 Sony Walkman NW-E507 Sony Walkman NW-E507 Sony Walkman NW-E507 Sony Bean walkman (I think!) Sony bean thing... Sony Bean NW-E307 Sony 1GB MP3 Network Walkman Player (NW-E107S) Sony dunno name or model... 1gb resembles a hocky puck Unknown Sony Player Sanyo DMC 2020 Toshiba Gigabeat S MES30VW 30gb Transcend T.sonic Series 530 Woodi CA-C75 Zune Zune Zune Phones and other stuff that also plays MP3s Samsung E730 LG CE500 PSP Creative Zen Micro Capacity: 4gb Format: Microdrive (mini hard drive refer to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/aw_.../microdrive.jpg good example) Features: FM radio, voice recorder, small size known to fit into altoid tins. Battery: they claim 8 hours, I think its pretty close to about 7 if I drain it down to nothing. Player Interface: Touchpad, no physical moving buttons on the surface. Takes some getting used to. Sometimes I would try to increase the volume and it would ignore my thumb so I mash harder and the volume goes WAAY up. The power switch at the top next to the headphone jack is annoying as well, slide and hold to turn on and off. Software: The software in the mp3 player is very IPod like. Sorts based on ID3 tags, lets you modify the menus if you want. Everything but charging the MP3 player is logical and easy to do. You must lock the keypad to charge it with the computer off or with a Ipod usb charger. The software for the computer is crap. Creative did a swell job of offering 4 pieces of software for organizing and transfering, 3 drivers, and a few versions of the firmware :wacko:. If you update the firmware of the player it will support the Play for Sure for Windows Media Player. Its kinda nice to drag things in with windows explorer, but anything else is terrible! One of the creative programs opens a window about the size of the soompi text box for making a reply that you cant resize and they expect you to be able to make sure the ID3 tags match and if not you have to resize the cells (think excel spreadsheets) so you can see the file name, then slide back to the other part to change that entry. Price: $120, but typically seen at $160 for the 5gb one. Gaah cant believe I forgot about price! Its a huge factor in the decision... zen1.jpgzen2.jpg (Note: Bill is used for scale)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NASRI22

Samsung YP-T8Z

Capacity: 1GB

Format: TSOP Flash

Features:

FM Radio, Voice Recording, Text Viewing, JPEG View, Video Playback, Lyric Support, 1.8" 64K Colour TFT LCD, Motion Sensor Games

Battery:Claimed 20hours Audio, 6 Hours Video, 15 hours Audio for me and 5 hours video (so nice)

Player Interface:Navigate Button Goes up and down :D. Left and right .. and so on.. i dont really understand this question haha

Software: Firmware Version 1.36KR which isnt released for australia yet.. :P. Samsung Mutimedia Studio for converting Videos to .svi format to playback. Drag and drop for all music files.

Comment: This is the best fuxing mp3player i've bought!!! (with others including 2Gb nano, TX 512, MSI 511, 4Gb Muvo2) the sound is absolutely great with noise cancelling earphones, DNSE is a great feature to 3d your audio... i'm not one to listen to 5000 songs so 5GB/20GB's arnt for me. Video playback is very clear and very smooth. Pictures are nice but they coudlve made a zoom function.

Price: $260AU (1GB) $300AU (2GB)

OVERALL

8.5/10

YP-T8ZTotal.jpg

uh i'll write something later xP

//edit

iRiver T10 [Korean version]

Capacity: 1gb

Format: flash

Features:

-Very, very long battery life [39 hours/AA battery]

-FM Radio w/ recording

-Voice Recording [different bitrates]

-Lyrics Support [shows lyrics matching with the progress of the song]

-Diverse file type support: mp3, wma, wav, ogg, asf

more but can't think of any -____-

Battery:

almost 40 hours~ that's the best thing about this mp3 player. i stick in one AA battery and it goes for at least 2 weeks for me since i don't use it all the time.

Player Interface:

very simple "iriver flash mp3 player" design. easy to get used to and very practical. almost to the point where it's too simple and comfortable and you wish for something more extravagant.

Software:

you just use usb 2.0 to drag and drop- very comfortable.

iRiver H10 [international Version]

Capacity: 5GB

Format: Mini Hard Drive...?

Features:

- FM radio

- Voice recorder

- Text viewer

- Picture viewer

Battery:

iRiver claims 12 hours, I get 12 hours. :)

Player Interface:

There's a power button at the left side, all by itself. On the right side, there's the Rewind, Play/pause, and Forward buttons. In the middle is the navigator, which is used for scrolling and to control the volume.

Software:

The software included is called iRiver Plus. It has a good interface, fast, and it's easy to use. It gives you enough options, whether it's the music, the interface, or transfering. It takes up 15.85 MB, and it doesn't affect the performance of your computer if you use it.

Extra:

Something that I don't really like about this player is that the LCD is too small for my liking (but I'm used to humongous things) and that you can't skip a few seconds in the music itself without changing the options (which completely disables the "Skip to next song" function). The sound without changing earphones is pretty good, a lot better than iPods. I think the only other company that can beat it is Creative. :)

Overall grade: 8.5/10

BenQ JoyBee 125

Capacity: 256mb (I think the top model has 512mb, might have went up to 1gb now)

Format: USB drive

Features:

FM radio, voice recorder, instant plug and play USB drive, rechargeable li-ion battery

Battery:

never really tested out the full battery life, but it certainly lasts over 2 hours. Site says up to 10

Player Interface:

interace is very simple. 5 buttons on top, and an off switch on the bottm (on button is the same as menu button). the menu button and the button next to it cycles through the menu, the other 3 are simply just

rewind/fforward/stop.. yada yada

The menu system is a little tricky at first and it sucks that volume changes need to be done through the menu instead of a button. That's okay though as my headphones has its own volume control.

Software:

it does come with a cd, but I never used it. the thing is really simple to use. it has a retractable USB connector. Just stick it into any USB port, and windows will automatically detect it as a new hard drive. simply drag and click mp3 files into the mp3 folder. For your storage uses, just drag anything (i.e word documents, zip files, etc) into the drive outside of the folders. It's very portable and light. recharging is done through the usb ports too (although it does come with a regular recharger).

5971927_small.jpg

Guest skwannabe

i got ipod video 5g 30 gig and creative micro zen 5 gigs.

apple-video-ipod-2.png

ipod

pros:

great design

thin

big harddrive

big screen

easy navigationcreative_zenmicro_black.jpg

creative micro zen

pro:

cheap!

revmovable battery

small

not that thick compared to the h10

mic

radio

easy navigation, people say they dont like the micro controls but i like it.

cons:

no color

small screen

small haddrive

both fine mp3 players.

-edit-

lgCE500.jpg

LG CE500

It uses a transflash memory card. when i bought it gave me headsets, usb cord, memory card(64mb), micro sd adapter, and a software. software is really horrible made had to reinstall it several times to get it to work. But instead i just use the sd adapter much easier. im currently waiting for the 1 gig.

pros-

buttons on the face plate

stero speakers

make playlists on the phone

cons-

small memory capacity at the moment

and software sucks.

overall nice phone^^

MOTOROLA SLVR L7 !! YES !! NEW PHONE WITH ITUNES!! MY REVIEW~

moto_slvr_v8.jpg

Yesterday was my birth day and my BEST FRIEND bought me a Motorola SLVR L7 because he said i dont know how to pick a good phone... well anyways here my thoughts.

pros:

-design of this phone is great and thin like my ipod

-itunes

-comes with a 512 transflash memory card

cons:

-really slow when transferrng songs on itunes...

-100 song limit, but than again i have my ipod.

i just got this in the mail and was playing with it for 3 hrs. after a while i'll update my review. but so far nice phone. sooo thin.

iRiver H1o [5gig internation UMS version]

Capacity: 4gb

Format: Microdrive (mini hard drive)

Features:

FM radio, voice recorder, picture display, color display, line recording (direct record from other media players), vertical touchpad, ability to show/display .txt files

Battery:

12 or so hours claimed. I got that when i first got it a year ago, now its, hm.. with my settings, probably about 0-10 hours

Player Interface:

Touchpad, 2 buttons on front: back and select. 3 on the side of the h10 in order: previous pause/play forward

Software:

iRiver Plus. eh its ok.

one cool feature is Gracenote Song/tag identifyer.

just select the song, button, look up tag individualy/by album, and chances are that u'll get the correct tags. media player. Built in firmware updater. Drivers were automatically installed onto my windows XP.

Price: $229 on iriver america site. However when i bought it (or my dad bought it in korea), it was pretty pricey. some ~$300 USD. Dropping dramaticaly, because the new 6gig and 20gigs moved in.

dsc002933tl.th.jpg

dsc002943cx.th.jpg

dsc002957pi.th.jpg

dsc002963bm.th.jpg

dsc003002cz.th.jpg

accesories:

Dock

dsc003412rr.th.jpg

dsc003435vy.th.jpg

dsc003444uh.th.jpg

cons:

well, recentlyu the new UMS firmware 2.51 changed things ALOT

now, whenever it does a hard shut down, (as in, after u take out usb cable, or u take out batter, or just leave it charged/uncharged for days) the boot time is crazy. takes, maybe 45-60seconds.

now, the directory. moving in between folders, etc, theres a small wait time. maybe 3-4 seconds, sometimes.

Extra: small LCD display like the H10 owner above me said ^^

UMS versions have the ability to be "skinned." However it isnt even a ful skin. It just replaces the bootscreen, USb connected, Ok to Disconnect, stuff.

however, half the ppl who tried, bricked (broke) their H10's.

i'll get a pic of the skin once im able to.

SRS Wow: is WOW lol, its great. the sound quality is sooo.. well, its liek in ur face its that good. haha

however, this does take more battery life, etc.

Internation version of the H10 is NOT the same as the American/US version. ^^

oh yeah, theres another program, called Easy H10. It does what iriver Plus and WMP does, just.. better?

it takes awhile to get used to

more info here: http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=20804

it saved my H10 cuz i had a reformatted computer. with Iriver plus and drivers installed. but it screwed up my h10, in a way that the songs wud not appear under titles, nor in iriver plus.

i just used that program, to repair the database, and everythings back to normal.

oh yeah, haha i keep forgetting stuff that i can suddenly remember:

it has the ability to display lyrics.

use.. iriver LDB manager.

on iriver homepage or on iriver america homepage, idk

Since this thread seems to work, I will add my brother's mp3 players.

Rio 600

Capacity: 64mb

Features:

MP3 playback... backlit screen. ^_^

Battery:

AA that lasts about 10 hours

Player Interface:

Clickie buttons

Software:

Originally came with HORRID Real software. Real jukebox, aka real junkbox, and real player. Now works well with Windows Media Player. Easy to sort music.

Price: $50 or so...r

resDSC02122.jpg

Sony PSP

Capacity: Up to you

Format: Memory stick Pro Duo ~ $50/1gb

Features:

Plays games, movies off UMD and memory stick, plays music, shows pictures, wifi, and other fun stuff.

Battery:

Lithium Ion built in, heavily dependant on how you use it. About 8 hours.

Player Interface:

Psp buttons or the annoying remote the headphones come with. Joystick is um... nubbly

Software:

Its clunky to use for music... Good for games.

Price: $250+memory stick cost

resDSC02115.jpg

resDSC02118.jpg

resDSC02119.jpg

Apple Ipod Photo 30

Capacity: 30gb

Format: Hard drive

Features:

Color screen, photo viewer, slidshow and tv out.

Battery:

(in)Famous Apple built in lithium polymer battery. Lasts a good 8 hours.

Player Interface:

Touch click scroll wheel. Has nice feel and feedback to it.

Software:

Internal is the nice ipod user friendly menu system. Can easily find music and as with most players base everything on ID3 tags... so make sure they are nicely sorted.

Itunes takes a LOT of getting used to. Many like it, but they are crazy.

Price: $230 (I find good deals :P )

resDSC02126.jpg

resDSC02123.jpg

woodi_c750.jpg

Woodi CA-C75

Capacity: not sure, ..something mb

Format: dunno

Features:

backlit screen..pictures..radio...

Battery:

rechargable..haha...10 hours i think

Player Interface: buttons

Price: $200

comment: people tell me its over priced. but i like.

Guest janiiekiim

Samsung YP-T8Z

Capacity: 1GB

Format: TSOP Flash

Features:

FM Radio, Voice Recording, Text Viewing, JPEG View, Video Playback, Lyric Support, 1.8" 64K Colour TFT LCD, Motion Sensor Games

Battery:Claimed 20hours Audio, 6 Hours Video, 15 hours Audio for me and 5 hours video (so nice)

Player Interface:Navigate Button Goes up and down :D. Left and right .. and so on.. i dont really understand this question haha

Software: Firmware Version 1.36KR which isnt released for australia yet.. :P. Samsung Mutimedia Studio for converting Videos to .svi format to playback. Drag and drop for all music files.

Comment: This is the best fuxing mp3player i've bought!!! (with others including 2Gb nano, TX 512, MSI 511, 4Gb Muvo2) the sound is absolutely great with noise cancelling earphones, DNSE is a great feature to 3d your audio... i'm not one to listen to 5000 songs so 5GB/20GB's arnt for me. Video playback is very clear and very smooth. Pictures are nice but they coudlve made a zoom function.

OVERALL

8.5/10

YP-T8ZTotal.jpg

dude i have the same exact mp3 player as you =]<#//3. bought it in korea right?

anyways i love it too. even thoi bought it in teh summer. im still learning how to fully use it. i still have no idea of how to put lyrics on it. but its all good.

hm my battery seems go go out within like 8? hours. but its all good. i give it a 7/10.

Guest Batgirl

IMG_1955.jpg

my 4gb Ipod nano. in a podstar "black out" skin (with silcone devils tail on back), adorned with clear and sapphire swarovski crystals.

Are we reviewing or giving mostly specs?

Specs are easy to look up so i'll just give my review

I know some people are very anti-ipod and think it's overpriced and you can get better players. Truthfully i used to think the same way. I used to have a mini and actually gave it to my mom then getting a creative Zen Micro to fufill my music playing needs. And thought "pfft i dont need an ipod" But after some time, i missed my ipod. The simplicity of it. And when the nano came out, i had to have it. I have a big thing for miniture items. Great size, if you buy a clear skin and case then no scratches. Touch wheel is awesome compared to the zen micro (zen micro TOO sensitive even at it's lowest sensitivity). Has games so its pretty cool.

Cons: not the best idea for photoviewing since the screen is so small

only compatible with itunes, meaning for me about 500 of my songs are strictly windows media compatible so it could not be loaded on to my nano. If someone knows how to change windows media file songs so its able to play on itunes, PLEASE do tell.

Final thought: You either hate or love apple. If you love or even just like apple, nothing can ever replace it.

Guest litoxshortaii

MPIO FY200

fy200_1.jpg

Capacity: 128/256/512 mb (i have the 128 mb one which only holds abt 30-50 songs =T... i didnt know much abt mp3 players at that time when i bought it)

Features: fm radio, voice recorder, direct encoding function

Battery: 11 hrs on one AAA battery

Player Interface: a 2 way joystick

Software: mpio manager.. quick upload (drag and drop)

Price: $179 when i got it 2 years ago.. so the price has probably gone way down (probably less than $100) with the release of ipods and such

this is good for ppl who dont need that much memory space and js want a simple mp3 player... i only add the songs that i like at the moment and listen to those. it's really easy to use and it doesnt break easily. ive dropped it a couple of times but there are hardly any scratches and the few that are there are barely noticeable. it's small and it looks nice, not kinda weirdly shaped or chunky like the iriver flash mp3 player equivalents. the one thing i dont really like is that it uses AAA batteries... runs out fairly quickly (i hafta change it evry week and a half if i listen to it for an hr each day). if you dont like this one, i recommend other mpio products.. i really like how the software is easy to use and the designs are simple yet classy.

Guest NASRI22

dude i have the same exact mp3 player as you =]<#//3. bought it in korea right?

anyways i love it too. even thoi bought it in teh summer. im still learning how to fully use it. i still have no idea of how to put lyrics on it. but its all good.

hm my battery seems go go out within like 8? hours. but its all good. i give it a 7/10.

feel free to PM .. and i'll write up a tutorial about how to import lyrics and i'll send you the right software to do so.

no i didnt not buy it in korea.. i bought it "from" korea ahah.

woodi_c750.jpg

Woodi CA-C75

Capacity: not sure, ..something mb

Format: dunno

Features:

backlit screen..pictures..radio...

Battery:

rechargable..haha...10 hours i think

comment: people tell me its over priced. but i like.

Let me help you there :P

Woodi CA-C75

Capacity: 128,256,512,1gb

Format: TSOP Flash based Memory

Features:

64K TFT LCD, Picture Viewer, FM radio

Battery:

Li-on 3.6V recharageable battery.

Guest mistapooh

zennano-intro.jpg

Size: WxHxD 1.32" x 2.58" x 0.51" / 3.35cm x 6.55cm x 1.3cm

Weight: 0.8oz / 22g without battery

Capacity3: 512MB / 1GB built-in flash memory

Battery Life: Up to 18 hours of battery life2 Battery Type AAA Battery

Interface: USB 2.0. Compatible with USB 1.1

Audio Support: Audio Layer 3 (MP3) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) with DRM

Signal-To-Noise Ratio: Up to 90dB Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz

Harmonic Response Output: <0.1%

Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo mini-jack

Fm radio and FM/voice recorder. Price is around 140 USD I think? I got the 1gb version brand new in box for 70 from a friend. It comes with an armband to keep it lock to your arm or something when you jog, which is perfect. It has a clear gel-like case that comes with it, with an attached clip. It's good since you can clip it to your belt or something if you don't want to carry it or leave it in the pocket.

The menus are accessible through the button, and I personally like it much more than the 4 directional buttons.

Guest h2obubbli

img20050909.jpg

iRiver N10

-------------------------------------------

Capacity: 128mb/256mb/512mb/1gig

Format: ??

Features:

- Voice recorder

- Screensaver

- 3D Equiliser

Battery:

iRiver claims 12 hours, I get 8 hours.

Player Interface:

alined on the right side theres a menu button 'M' and the volume control buttons '-' & '+' as for the left its the play/pause/on and off button, next to it it's the track skipping buttons.

Software:

The software included is called iRiver iFP series. It has a good interface, fast, and it's easy to use. Doesnt require yu to line up all yur music and then transfer, all yu need to do is simply click and drag any file yu want.

Extra:

The mp3 comes with built-in neck earphones but that can be deattached and replaced with a neck holder giving yu the desire to put any earphone yu want. the N10 currently has 4 colours; black WHITE (seen in SE7EN's MV tattoo), blue and red, the screen (if yu buy in black) looks like a mirror until yu switch it on, this makes the screen impossible to see in the sun. The N10 gives yu mutiple choices of screensavers and languages including korean, japanese, english etc.... the 3D equiliser makes yur music sound like it's echoeing around the room, like yur actually there. This has happen to me numerous times in the UK, people will tend to come up to yu and ask 'where did yu get that mp3 from mate???' 'it looks so cool' blahblah lol so be prepared.

795-angle.jpg

iFP-795 512MB - some asswipe stole it.

It had 512 MB capacity, which was good enough for me.

It held roughly 100 songs so it was fine.

The headphones it comes with are pretty crappy.

The shuffle didn't shuffle ALL the songs which bothered me but all players do that.

The battery life was good I guess, I only owned it for like 2 months before it got stolen.

It runs on a AAA battery I think and I'd never changed it.

The transferring software froze on my computer a LOT because when I opened my music folder, there were too many songs to load.

I only had around 3000 songs btw.

But it was still prettty good. The battery life was great since it only had a small LCD screen.

It has a radio but I never used it lol. The reception wasn't too good in a car though I recall.

I don't remember the exact price since my dad bought it for me but it was around $179.99 CAD. It's dropped a lot in price now.

prod10795_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

Creative Zen Micro 5GB

This is my current mp3 player. I bought it in the summer.

I love the headphones--great sound.

The transfer rate was QUICK! No freezing this time.

But when you use Media Explorer and you rename/delete songs, after it's done it automatically goes back up to the top. That bothered me.

For some reason, after that firmware update that made you use WMP to synch your songs, my player went weird..

Half of my songs were mysteriously deleted.

The battery life just went DEAD. After it was fully charged, if you played it and then turned it off, a block of the battery was gone.

The headphone jack broke. You couldn't hear sounds in both earbuds if the jack was jostled.

BUT! The Creative warranty is awesome. It lasts a full year after the date of purchase.

So I sent mine back and they replaced it! It's brand new.

It's currently being shipped back to me.

If it screws up again, I'm gonna buy a smaller 512 or 1GB player =_=;

Guest *rashiDah

adwark; WOW. They must have cost you an arm and a leg.

I recently had a Creative MuVo but my friends killed it. =[

So i'm mp3less at the moment, which i find extremely inconvient when i have free classes.

I really, really want a psp though. =\

But I just don't have that sort of money at the moment.

So it's going to take me a while to save up _ _"

Archived