No Minwoo 노민우

Guest ofrick

I have a question to the fans and supporters of No Min Woo. I think it is fascinating how pretty he is.

What will you do, if he says he is gay? Would you guys be still so supportive of him, because his personal sexual orientation should not have anything to do with his work as as actor or musician? Or would that be a major turn off?

Not meaning to offend anyone. If I should delete my post, just let me know. Peace.

I have a question to the fans and supporters of No Min Woo. I think it is fascinating how pretty he is.

What will you do, if he says he is gay? Would you guys be still so supportive of him, because his personal sexual orientation should not have anything to do with his work as as actor or musician? Or would that be a major turn off?

Not meaning to offend anyone. If I should delete my post, just let me know. Peace.

it will depend very much on the culture and education of each fan

personally I'm an open minded person

secondary I love his talent and his prettiness but I don't intend to enter in his bed

practically in Korea even if it would be true this won't happen ... not in this era

usually kstars remain unmarried until 40 smth so is kinda hard to guess where he sleeps at night

On the other hand I just receive from him mixed vibes: sometimes too manly for his pretty face and age, sometimes too childish (this is more appropriate to his age but not his actions-however I have at home a 2m (more than 6ft) horror on roller skates-without them is not that horror or childish and is a lil shorter ) and sometimes too girly -his hand gestures-don't tell that his face is what made you think of that because it can be deceitful -is not his fault that his mama made him with red full lips

I would post here some hot pics with his kdrama ladies (if you look on previous pages sure there are some of them) but practically fatsoko thinks about half naked yummy pics that are too vulgar

do you know Richard Chamberlain? he is the manliest guy you can see on screen... he had countless sexy bed scenes....countless kisses on screen ... he was and is still loved by millions of women on this Earth ....ohhh well the guy is gay.... remember Ricky Martin -he looks as manly as possible however his taste doesn't include pretty women

so I would refrain from things like sexuality in real life when is about someone who comes from a culture where sex is a taboo subject and who could have an immense loss if he is badmouthed in this manner

however every time when rumors like this are spreading the kstars are "caught"dating with girls of course even if at the moment they are single

so everything is about circumstances it's up to us to believe or not believe something the only difference is that we can hurt an innocent in the process

Guest canityo

:) I'm a new found fan of Minwoo as an actor. I've always been a subtle fan of the TRAX and I'm surprised I've watched Pasta without noticing Minwoo in it (then again, I'm only halfway through that drama). ._. In MGIAG, he came out as really pretty and he really looked familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it until I realised he was in Pasta too.

Anyway, I look forward to his character development in MGIAG. :)

Yes his pretty characteristics is very striking, indeed. o_o

If he came forth with his sexual orientation of being gay, it wouldn't have much of an impact on me personally. I would still view him as the same handsome actor and definitely support him. I'd probably support him further, socially as well, since not many public figures in Korea has come out publicly about their sexual orientation.

On a not-so-serious note, if he was gay it will crush my fangirl fantasies sigh, like Adam Lambert. since he is so handsome.

yes it will be a revolution in South Korea if this would happen (is like when pigs will fly)

canityo you made my day

Ricky Martin on his official twitter account has 1,581,171 followers... so ppl support and listen to his music no matter who is life partner

GAWD isn't No Min Woo pretty? :wub: i will see him in half an hour live:P on SBS- prettiness overload

poor guy he wants to show off his talents and we think at his "talents"

Oh God us fangirls

ok, got it

I got the idea that Korea has become more tolerant. Or maybe that is a tiny bit on the surface and mainly my impression.

It would be nice, if it would not be an issue anymore in the whole world.

I know Richard Chamberlain. But did he not came out of the closet at the end of his career, when he did not act anymore? Like Rock Hudson.

ok, got it

I got the idea that Korea has become more tolerant. Or maybe that is a tiny bit on the surface and mainly my impression.

It would be nice, if it would not be an issue anymore in the whole world.

ohhh boy

neither America is more tolerant(RC came out at 69-but the rumor was present while he filmed "The Thorn Birds")

I just saw an ep of "Just Shoot Me!" where David Spade's char was treated by his dad as being gay just because he was a sissy-all ask scotch while David:cocktail,he didn't liked to kill turkeys or to go fishing etc so his dad assumed the situation ...wrong the manliest brother was the one at"fault"

in fact it doesn't matter the physical aspect of a person when it comes about his/her personal preference

a Korean example Kang Dong Won(one of my fav kguys) has the androgyny aspect and he really made a living from it however he is one of the few kstars who came out with some of his relationships- and that before 30 - he renounced of the idea after the girls were chased by paparazzi big time -and surprise this didn't affect his career(if you don't believe me go see Duelist-where he plays the role of a girly swordsman)

it doesn't matter how long is the hair of a guy/girl but it matters how talented a star is

and KDW isn't the only pretty boy that I like (sorry No Min Woo you're not the one and only or the last kstar I could fangirl with desperation)-Jang Geun Suk is another one -he is pretty , he looks girly but he has a way with girls that shows experience(player level experience)-now I really want to see Mrs Town No Min Woo's BTS

why do I like No Min Woo's acting?... well this is a matter of taste too... as you can see in this thread a fan more obsessed than I am fatsoko is very critical about his acting while I jump up and down every time I see him on screen -maybe I'm in the faze when I could watch him for 20 hours just talking about growing grass and all I get now is 10 minutes per episode in MGIAG

moreover for fatsoko's desperation I don't quite like all his music-I can understand it but I can't be forced to like it(my hubby is the rocker not me... btw he is another guy who doesn't look like the type who would listen with maxim volume rock till the dawn-he doesn't dress like a rocker and doesn't behave like one -maybe in my avatar pic(later edit:see the profile coz I changed the avatar) he almost looks like one but he was 22 in the pic - I understand rock sometimes I'll listen(No Min Woo's rock songs at least once when I find a new one) but I'm not a fan of the genre - btw my parents also not really rock fans have at home vinyls with Freddie Mercury and Queen btw No MIn Woo's blonde poof made think to Queen's drummer Roger Meddows Taylor also dyed blond

but I wouldn't wish a separation between No Min Woo the musician and No Min Woo the actor, I just hope that both will make him a loved entertainer in Korea-kinda Lee Seung Ki caliber

knuts keep in mind that the aspect of a package can be deceitful : in RL I don't look like the fangirl type and I don't act like it-that doesn't means I don't have a part of me that I share only on the internet-the one who loves pretty boys and ignores manly men(quite opposite from RL where usually pretty boys aren't attracted by me but manly guys chase me like hell sometimes)

but No Min Woo as Dong Joo I could relate him with my real life -he has an uncanning resemblance with my college girlfriend -she was a student at Medicine,a Gemini too and except Korean eyes form she looked just the same at 23-24-with such big round eyes and she sported almost same haircut as Dong Joo... not that asymmetrical though...yes pretty ppl like No Min Woo do exist without plastic surgery!!Guess who cooked me meat?or guess who was my best advisor?guess who took care of me when I was sick? :):P ppl I loved Dong Joo before he was a concept in Hong sisters minds-sigh I miss my bff

for No Min Woo the fact that his physical aspect is so versatile- see the pics provided by fatsoko and the fact that he can appeal to different age/gender groups because of his music - those are plus points for him- all he has to do is work and be promoted more seriously(btw he said that he has like 100 music pieces never released-the curiosity kills me)

however with popularity come the "antis" groups- and netizens in Korea are no joke

Guest cjaooooo

Does anyone know anything else about his past volunteer work in Malawi?

All I know is that he went there to be a music teacher??

it would kinda be awesome to know what organization he was under :D

It seems that even more so than Hollywood/Nollywood etc Kdrama is so much image based, and that image can be manipulated to show whatever it wants.  I think the big thing about KDW is that he wanted to move away from tv dramas and into much more serious Acting roles, so he was more purposeful in setting himself as a person away from the idealised image that some media were trying to portray him as.  In the end I hope it wouldnt make any difference to a persons talent and ability to do well in an industry, or for fans to follow them, if a person was gay or not.  Who cares? Its not like it makes a difference to a fans life anyway!

I don't know why some people like to bash others for having a different opinion than they do. It's so childish and I bet they don't even realize they're doing it. Some people are so shallow that they refuse to take anything else into consideration. I'm not saying that this actor is a bad one, but even if he were, people would overlook that just because they are too blinded by his looks. Seriously, grow up. There's more to life than looks.

I don't know why some people like to bash others for having a different opinion than they do. It's so childish and I bet they don't even realize they're doing it. Some people are so shallow that they refuse to take anything else into consideration.

you kinda contradict yourself ....

beside that this is a fanthread and not an antifanthread... you kinda offended us (kinda big time)

some ppl here like his musical talent (please go document yourself before commenting about TRAX,24/7 and solo activities)

other ppl(me) like his acting and other just like his looks and other ppl love the whole package (c'mon Claudia Shiffer and Heidi Klum in general the models make a living just from looking good)... so looking smashing sexy is a sin in your eyes?

ok I got it you don't like his acting so are other of his fans but they don't bash me because I just like his presence on screen or the characters he's played- I realize what are his major defects in acting and I know that he needs improvements (one is his English, other he is too self aware -his speech is too careful, usually acts with eyes pretty well.... sometimes is missing the point-or overacts(ehhh here I had the funniest moments possible) but this happens usually in live shootings even with very experimented actors- c'mon in yesterday's episode they had a whole crew-guy on screen)-see Kang DOng Won's story about kdramas no need to repeat.However I LOVE NO Min Woo's acting :P ...

I think I read somewhere that his eyes are shiny - I can do that with usual contact lens -I have blue eyes but with contact lens look so intense that ppl believe I have colored CL

and I kinda bet I saw more kdramas than you (pm your list I'll pm mine) and I'm not the kind to love an actor just for his looks - I have a whole list of pretty actors who's dramas I never watch because they are in it (Kang Ji Hwan is one ...some ppl say he is talented I just can't watch his movies....but sometimes I droll at his pics,Lee Byung Hun is another example or Yoon Eun Hye-)however you won't see me going to their threads and telling that they act so bad that make me cringe every time I see them -no because I respect those fans and the work of the actors-this is why remote control was invented so you could instantly switch the channel-sorry my name is not "Za Antifan"

In the end I hope it wouldnt make any difference to a persons talent and ability to do well in an industry, or for fans to follow them, if a person was gay or not.  Who cares? Its not like it makes a difference to a fans life anyway!

I'm SAD to tell you that I'm not that naive to think that dating in a newbie actor's life wouldn't harm to his image big time specially in Korea, beside klala land sells dramas and movies to other countries in Asia where the religion is even less tolerant than Korea

btw knetizens made so many suppositions today the "Erevan Radio"(read Rumor Channel) paired Leeteuk and Taeyeon just for using the same accessories so fanfiction ahead:(I wonder if No Min WOo will show tomorrow with same jewels they will made up a new love triangle maybe one with Taeyeon nd NMW as rivals for Leeteuk's love :P and the next day Leeteuk and NMW rivals for Taeyeon's love, but tragedy NMW left SM agency so now he's lonely so hunts gumihos and the other pair blossom under SM's protection -end of fanfic)

same with personal preferences of our guy - so many ppl hurried to suppose things about him without even documenting themselves before telling smth(personally I refrain myself from comments like I bet he's straight or not just because I might hurt other ppl than him-read minorities -I don't think that soompi has a rule to exclude sexual minorities so I won't bash other fans no matter how much I like a kstar

I don't think is bad to praise his traits on a thread dedicated to him

so long live pretty guy No Min Woo

5104d779q.gif

this is a gif taken from MGIAG thread author: nimrodel ep 10

errm some pics from latest eps of MGIAG

ep 9 :

gf900227.jpg

ep 10:

nmwj.jpg

nm2g.jpg

something I've noticed today: the PD tries to give us his best angles (rare thing in klala land thinking that they shoot almost live now-I saw today for a second a profile of him who looked more like his TRAX days than now at min 51)

Is it me or Dong Joo's haircut isn't that asymmetrical anymore?

In case you didn't understand, I didn't point any fingers. I never said anyone was a bad actor. I said that even if they were a bad actor, many people ignore that fact because all they care about is how the actor looks. Before you say that I was trying to offend anyone, you should read your previous posts. I didn't realize this was a contest about how many dramas a person has watched.

mtvang:

In case you didn't understand, I didn't point any fingers like you did. I never said anyone was a bad actor. I said that even if they were a bad actor, many people ignore that fact because all they care about is how he looks. And I'm not the one who's offending anyone. Maybe you should read your previous posts. By the way, I could really care less about how many dramas you've watched as that obviously shows how much time you have on your hands.

is it me or just came to speak about another subject here than NO Min Woo?(then read again the forum rules)

or you just came on the thread of this actor/musician to say

I'm not saying that this actor is a bad one, but even if he were, people would overlook that just because they are too blinded by his looks. Seriously, grow up. There's more to life than looks.

nooo you "didn't point any finger at all" :phew: you sound jealous on other ppl looks... I Know you're not and I bet you look way better than I do- you're younger and prettier (ohh well you should have more confidence in yourself)

and when you say something bring me some arguments (OmO I have plenty)...otherwise nobody will believe you it just looks like you post only to increase your number of posts or just to spoil the fun of other ppl .... errm if you don't care about a subject don't post just for the sake of it-I'm here just to have fun and so do you

in their spare time some ppl watch American soap-operas, other jdramas, other ppl twdramas,hkdramas or mainland dramas depends on the taste and culture of each one

it happens that I like mostly kdramas and some jdramas...

the fact that I know more about a culture isn't necessary lots of spare time- it might be just the fact that I'm not that young ..you know kdramas weren't invented yesterday...

you tell me to grow up:after a hard day at work I deserve some fun(don't worry I don't work on a plantation-just my full time job is 70 hours/month -stressful but short )-nop I'll never grow up - I love the shallow me(at your age I already had this job and earned my uni diploma)

ohh well if you don't know much about kdramas that doesn't means that other ppl aren't allowed to know it ....

In the entertainment(kinda in every industry) if a person doesn't have talent the next day will be replaced by another guy/girl prettier and smarter and more talented( I saw hundreds of pretty actresses/actors who never made it to second lead even just because they didn't had the"touch"-if you want I'll provide you a list)

remember that ppl aren't irreplaceable specially when it's about the money

I'm sorry if I offended you I just had a hard day at work...tomorrow will be better-thank you for reading my articles-usually ppl read them for fun, rarely they read an article to get wrinkles-sorry it wasn't my intention, and I'm sorry that last 2 article aren't fun at all-another time if you don't like what I wrote just ignore me.

I'm sorry that I write such long articles: is a professional defect.( I can talk 6 hours a day without repeating myself too much)

if you want to like No Min Woo's music you should know that he doesn't play only rock(his fav) he has techno,ballads even pop songs or version of the same song ... he has just a few releases of each genre but you can chose

if Korean entertainment believes in No Min Woo's talent as an actor beside he is ridiculously gorgeous we will have to see his next drama/movie-however is a fact that he is here to stay: he is in this industry officially since 2004 and as an actor since 2008 and at 24 it's not like he will go away soon-his popularity is increasing right now(btw he was very popular 4 years ago when he sported a different look which might not appeal to everyone-see below )

thetrax3.jpg

I found in many many pages, no page give us MV behide the scenes of My Girlfriend is A Gumiho! I can't understand. No news update about Min Woo when this drama is going to process!

His talents, that' s amazing! No artist have the same ages like him in Korean showbiz, can't have the talent like him!

Guest yumoreo5

:) I laughed when he was like, "The sky was like from Super Mario." At least, I assume that's what he said. He was awfully adorable in there, wasn't he? I honestly thought that they were going to just forget or skip over Minwoo because they didn't have a talk segment with him until the end of both episodes.

Does anyone know where I can watch Strong Heart with Minwoo? I remember seeing Trax a a while ago but for some reason never really noticed Minwoo until now, after having watched Gumiho. Gosh, he's so gorgeous and good at acting. I want to know more about him but there's so little online.

aarrrrhhh I wasn't careful and I lost what I wrote .

yumoreo5 finally another person who likes his acting -I don't fell lonely anymore

search on viikii the eps 37 and 38:

but don't worry you'll be disappointed because they show No Min Woo just in some flashes kinda very bad edited flashes

at some point he was shot with the ice gas. When your story doesn’t win over the last story, you get ice gas wind blown in your face. At another point he won-see the eps and tell us about it ;)

his drumming scene was cut... though they aired the part when he played a song he taught in Africa

if you look on his twitter he likes to pose the sky..depending on how he feels in that day

... if I remember right he twitted about "Mario sky" (if you like beautiful scenery - a visit on his twitter is a must)-

when ppl hear about "The sky was like from Super Mario." they could think 4Dness galore but when I saw his pics I was like "ohhh a sensitive person" maybe a romantic one... where the 4Dness has gone? is like the sensitiveness specific to artists and specifically I think to painters but he is expressing through music and acting

another variety show is Star Golden Bell ep 280 -you can find his cut singing Umbrella on youtube- I lost it when I saw him interacting with the lil girl - cuteness overload - who wouldn't want a sweet daddy like that :wub:

errmm you should visit his cyworld too : http://www.cyworld.com/alice_princess

Guest watcherandlistener

:)  I laughed when he was like, "The sky was like from Super Mario."  At least, I assume that's what he said.  He was awfully adorable in there, wasn't he?  I honestly thought that they were going to just forget or skip over Minwoo because they didn't have a talk segment with him until the end of both episodes.

true..i thought they will do that to him too. poor him..but its ok, he'll get another chance next time.