Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest deverish

Amazon's Galaxy S accessories suck. =/

Seems like only Korea has the good accessories out so far :(

Agreed, while I was looking for a case, all the interesting ones were on gmarket, which I have no clue how to order from.

motorola droid 2 or X doesn't run Motoblur....

Yes, it does

i want a galaxy s snow white cover, but who knows when that'll come out in the states. oh and i think sprint got it best in the states with the galaxy s line with the epic 4g and its qwerty keyboard.

Given the option of the vibrant or epic, I definitely would've gone for the epic for the keyboard.

As for a cases, I was looking at this for something simple or this from ebay for a quick easy purchase.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest autumnleavesx

X and Droid 2 both run Android 2.1, but are skinned with Motoblur to clear any confusion.

I was playing with the Epic today, and wow, that screen is pretty amazing. Not quite as crystal clear as the Retina Display, but the colors are extremely rich ableit a bit saturated. Too bad mine doesn't have a SAMOLED screen :(. I've been thinking about buying one off contract to just be able to have two of the best Android phones out there to play with, but then I should really be using that $500+ on more important things lol.

i want a galaxy s snow white cover, but who knows when that'll come out in the states. oh and i think sprint got it best in the states with the galaxy s line with the epic 4g and its qwerty keyboard.

Scroll down this page. The buyer put up photos of these two gorgeous glossy cases... *___*

Agreed, while I was looking for a case, all the interesting ones were on gmarket, which I have no clue how to order from.

Ikr. I'm hoping I can get either one of my two (only two! T___T) Korean friends to buy one for me, and then owe them a spectacular Christmas gift later or something. D:

Ugh. I wish Canada would release the Epic soon... Though even if it does, I'm not sure if I can afford it considering it has much more awesome features compared to the Vibrant - which is amazing as it is.

... Say, since we are all looking for cases, maybe we can all band together and find someone who can do a Gmarket survey for us on Soompi. :D Or get someone who knows Korean and tell the seller to put those DPlus cases onto eBay, LOL.

^those cases are sweet, but the actual Snow White cover that they show in the KR Galaxy S commercial is what i want.

i was reading that they were going to come out with an all white body on the Galaxy S some time in the near future to compete with the IP4 white whenever that comes out.

and yeah a survey would be a cool idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deverish

thinking of getting the samsung vibrant (tmobile)

yay nay? what are peoples opinions so far?

It was definitely a nice phone before I returned mine. I'd just rather have a qwerty keyboard since I can actually read everything on the screen I'm typing responses to instead of a keyboard which takes up screen space. The super amoled screen is great for outdoors use though. Your phone might be afflicted by the gps problem, then you'll have to wait for the fix coming out for that.

I'm just waiting for my preordered G2 to get shipped here.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

It was definitely a nice phone before I returned mine. I'd just rather have a qwerty keyboard since I can actually read everything on the screen I'm typing responses to instead of a keyboard which takes up screen space. The super amoled screen is great for outdoors use though. Your phone might be afflicted by the gps problem, then you'll have to wait for the fix coming out for that.

I'm just waiting for my preordered G2 to get shipped here.

was the keyboard the only thing you didn't like?

i actually have the g1 (oldschool i know) & while i love having a keyboard

i'm tired of lugging around a big fat phone

the dimensions for the g2 and the galaxy S are similar with the galaxyS being slightly slimmer

but the g2 is much heavier at 6.5oz

Guest deverish

was the keyboard the only thing you didn't like?

i actually have the g1 (oldschool i know) & while i love having a keyboard

i'm tired of lugging around a big fat phone

the dimensions for the g2 and the galaxy S are similar with the galaxyS being slightly slimmer

but the g2 is much heavier at 6.5oz

It's definitely a bit heavier, but I don't mind the weight. So if you like a lightweight phone, you'll probably like having the vibrant. The 3.7" screen makes the phone a little smaller and maybe better for smaller hands, but the keyboard adds a noticeable thickness to it compared to the vibrant. The screen was great on the vibrant and I checked out the G2 quickly today which also has a pretty good screen from what I saw. HSPA+ high speed capability on the G2 makes it a plus over the vibrant for me too. Not to mention the fact that the G2 has a trackpad for precision stuff which can get too annoying to do on a touch screen. I had some small issues with the vibrant like the gps problem they're working on and it occasionally froze up on me a few times.

Guest johnsung

I just upgraded to a samsung vibrant from the t-mobile store. Ive never used an andriod so i'm still exploring everything about it...It seems cool so far.. I'm addicted to Wordfeud right now haha anyone else play?

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^

^thx for your feedback & opinions =)

i did end up going with the vibrant and i'm happy with it so far

i just barely got it so who knows how i'll feel in a few wks

i'm happy with having a lighter and thinner phone and so far i'm coping much better w/o a keyboard than i thought i would :P

Guest PDURRR

i have an entry level android...the samsung intercept, but i'm loving it thus far ^_^

i've only installed google translator and jewels (game)

recommend me some fun,free, cute games!!

and dang...i want a galaxy S...maybe 2 years later  

a few days after my birthday in september, i decided "what the heck", and bought an android phone.

the phone itself is for docomo, in the US it's the mytouch.

i don't use docomo, so, i'm not using it as a "phone" but more of as a mini computer/pda.

i'm liking it so for. but, it's got android 1.6.

i'm looking into trying to root it and upgrade to 2.2.

woo hoo~~

After my iPhone 4 shattered, I switched to Verizon and got a Droid X. Loving it so far, though I had to get it replaced once because of some issues regarding freezing and hanging up on people.

Guest meilove

recently just got the samsung galaxy S...so I don't kno too much about it. i'm obsessively using the task killer though haha..i hope i'm using it to its full potential! or soon will be!

Guest MizzKrazie

I got the Verizon's Galaxy S "Fascinate". I think it's the best one out of all of the Galaxy S's that came out. Tmobile's version doesn't have a camera flash, and the one from Sprint is way too big because of the keyboard.

Guest aikogranados

^ agreed, I was in between the Fascinate (Samsung Galaxy S for Verizon) and the Droid X and I decided to get the fascinate...

BEST ... DECISION... EVER!

The camera is 5mp but compared to my friend's Droid X it takes much much better pix! more vibrant, sharper images (My hubby has the HTC Incredible which has 8mp camera and takes INCREDIBLE pix... well, both our pix are great! You cannot really tell what was taken w his or mine - unless you zoom in more i'm guessing). Video is still at 720fps. Flash works great and you can also record with flash on! wooo hooooooooo (i dunno if all phones do that, but i love it anyway!)

The screen on the galaxy s is a SUPER AMOLED so its very amazing, bright, rich colors. I wouldn't trade it for the world! When compared to the Droid X its actually not THAT Much of a difference in size and the Galaxy S is much sleeker, thinner and way lighter (Tho i admit the Droid X feels sturdier... still i like the fact that its so light).

It runs 2.1 but there'll b the froyo update soon (its been confirmed). It has a nice smooth os that runs great.

As far as accesories go, I don't mind buying stuff online so I really don't mind the lack of stuff here in the US.

For apps, I'd say my favorite would be:

Advanced Task Killer

Human Japanese (<- great japanese-learning software)

Angry Birds!

ABDUCTION! (One of THE best games in the Android Market!)

KINDLE FOR ANDROID (Come on, now i don't have to have a reader anymore! the phone is of great size AND... you can still read it when its bright out! )

Pandora

WeatherBug

I recommend this phone completely!

Archived