Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Replies

• peppermintsugarpeppermintsugar Posts: 5,693Friend of Soompi
    bigeyedchink wrote on 06 July 2010 - 04:08 AM:

Can anyone post up pictures of them wearing the Dueba DM23 grays in natural lighting and flash ?

Are the DM23 grays noticeably gray in real life ?
    I like circle lenses to be natural but not so natural :P

I already have a pair of nudy grays but one of them ripped </3

Which one is more noticable to you the nudy grays or the Dueba DM23 grays ?

I find mine to be very noticeable while still being dark. I like them a lot. They're especially noticeable during a sunny day or something like that.
    4kjKV.gif memoirs.twitter.tumblr. 2Vdge.gif
    ~1.11.09♡
  • keikeikhangkeikeikhang KPOP DreamlandPosts: 519Member

ROOKIE

jjiwonx3 wrote on 05 July 2010 - 07:23 AM:

hmmm i'm currently waiting for my lenses as well >< this is my second time buying from that website. ummm, she's currently in Tokyo so I think it's kind of hard for her to keep track of the order process & everything.(her mom sends out the items) So what I usually do is just EMAIL her like tons of times or leave a message.
    Shipping was super fast which I decided to order again(San jose -> colorado) hope you receive yours soon & hope I receive mine soon!

Oh I see.. Well I guess I just gotta wait.. did you eve get your tracking code?
  • RedPandahRedPandah Posts: 54Member
    edited July 2010
    hi! im kinda new with circle lens.
    but im just wondering if you buy your solution online or at a store?

ohh and im planning to buy the Geo Ash Wing.
    its a good choice right? seems really cute. ^^
    ohh and also what would be the average price for it?
  • jjiwonx3jjiwonx3 USAPosts: 256Member
    edited July 2010
    keikeikhang wrote on 06 July 2010 - 07:44 AM:

Oh I see.. Well I guess I just gotta wait.. did you eve get your tracking code?

nope.
    but she emailed me yesterday saying that she'll send me the tracking code soon
    so i'm just gonna wait and see what happens haha
    if she does i'll let you know! :)
    oh btw, i think she said that she'll refund the money back if the whole shipping stuff takes more than 2 weeks.
  • jjiwonx3jjiwonx3 USAPosts: 256Member
    originalone wrote on 06 July 2010 - 12:34 AM:

yes, i agree. she is out of the US now but should be back sometime this week (july 7 or 9?). I am one of her first time customers too, and am having issue with a particular order. So far she has been prompt with me and i am so far pleased. however, i await to see how this current defective lens will resolve.

anyway, I would email her sometime again this week when she returns. i am sure she will answer back. she is quite busy, and her being out of country doesnt make things any easier. she forgets somewhat easily esp. tracking numbers....so just remind her.

yeah i guess it's hard for her to keep track of the orders since she's out of the country right now. but she just emailed me back telling me about the updates & stuff :) so i hope i receive my package soon haha
  • hkukauditionhkukaudition Posts: 599Member

ROOKIE

loversrock wrote on 03 July 2010 - 05:04 AM:

i find that circle lenses aren't always comfortable and i wouldn't recommend wearing them for long periods of time. I did have the nudy greys... but i found they were a bit to un-natural. I just bought ck-106 (Annex Black) and the tri-tone grey for a more natural look. I've heard that the black lenses are more comfortable... is that true?

If you get circle lenses with a high water content then they are usually extremely comfortable. I have a lot of normal circle lenses but now that im in HK im making sure that the lenses i buy have a higher water content because then i know that they'll be more comfy.. its hard to find the high water content ones just online sometimes though.. which is why i make sure i buy mine from the stores i like to make sure i know they have them.
  • HiennyyHiennyy Laying on my toilet, NYPosts: 181Member
    edited July 2010
    RedPandah wrote on 06 July 2010 - 06:08 AM:

hi! im kinda new with circle lens.
    but im just wondering if you buy your solution online or at a store?

ohh and im planning to buy the Geo Ash Wing.
    its a good choice right? seems really cute. ^^
    ohh and also what would be the average price for it?

I have the Geo Ash wings~ I actually prefer my nudy greys more.. I don't get a halo or anything for either lenses, so it kind of sucks.. But for me, The ash wings really make my eyes seem more black than grey.

In any case, the average price for any geo lenses are 20. You can probably find other places for cheaper though.
    <br><br>Also, I forget to mention that I use Opti-Free replenish. You can buy them at any drug store. :]<br>

• brownjhoy_818brownjhoy_818 Posts: 331Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    hey my lovely soompiers! omg I'm watching the news right now, and they did a 30 second clip about that lady gaga/michelle phan/anime inspired circle lens that has hs girls are so crazed about they featured an optometrist and she said "that circle lens will get you blind within a 24hrs if you get an infection."?????0_o ohh and also they featured the soompi on it! page number 1598 and i saw paintbunny! whoah lucky you first post and your featured on my news channel. hehe.

my point is wow an optometrist saying that you will get blind in 24hrs with circle lens if you get an infection. HAHA TOTAL BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    soo-min91applemintdearmexiao*jing
  • flowoftimeflowoftime MiamiPosts: 883Member
    ^ as always, the news has no clue what they are talking about O_o
    applemint
  • --Lj--Lj Posts: 390Member
    I am having such an issue with this facebook seller:
    http://www.facebook.com/yumikoshop#!/yumikoshop?v=wall&story_fbid=100429620007327
    I only decided to buy from her because I saw her link on this thread but
    I confirmed my order and sent my money (and she confirmed getting my money) on JUNE 4.
    She said she would ship out in a few days.
    It's already been a month so on July 1st I asked her about the status of my order
    and on July 2nd she said it hadn't shipped out yet ~__~ so I asked her to cancel the same day,
    and today (July 6th) she tells me she packaged and shipped it!
    I understand that the lenses are coming from Canada and they might take a while
    but that's not really an excuse for shipping them out a month after I ordered them,
    especially after I asked to cancel.
    And I feel like if I hadn't asked her about my order on July 1st, she would have never
    sent me the lenses at all!
    Has anyone else had problems with this buyer?
  • Sango2893Sango2893 Posts: 570Member
    brownjhoy_818 wrote on 06 July 2010 - 11:30 AM:

hey my lovely soompiers! omg I'm watching the news right now, and they did a 30 second clip about that lady gaga/michelle phan/anime inspired circle lens that has hs girls are so crazed about they featured an optometrist and she said "that circle lens will get you blind within a 24hrs if you get an infection."?????0_o ohh and also they featured the soompi on it! page number 1598 and i saw paintbunny! whoah lucky you first post and your featured on my news channel. hehe.

my point is wow an optometrist saying that you will get blind in 24hrs with circle lens if you get an infection. HAHA TOTAL BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's featured on yahoo's front page too,and I hate how they made it seem like
    Lady Gaga just inspired everything :rolleyes:

and go blind in 24hrs...um what?
    "Gucci don't go on sale."
  • boraxkimboraxkim ?? Posts: 491Member
    HERE'S THE NEWS CLIP!!
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/worries-over-circle-contacts-trend-20734327
  • WENJJANGWENJJANG ?? CaliforniaPosts: 7,127Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    LADY GAGA isn't a trend setter for everything. Gosh =________=

It is soo annoying. I have been using circle lens way before I even know who Lady Gaga was.
    aznchibiiii.applemintix3himxDeneri04dearmestaticlullabyhjfghjfDanialWong
  • kotsumikotsumi Posts: 65Member
    Yeah Lady Gaga isn't that awesome >< Circle lenses have been around way longer. I was annoyed with the video clip because I feel like they're not giving enough credit to like.. the KFDA. If that makes any sense.
  • SarangbebeSarangbebe ?? ?? ???&#50612 Posts: 99Member
    edited July 2010
    USA Worries Over Circle Lens Contacts Trend!
    Video Link
    credits: Yahoo news + ABC News:Good Morning America
    2q80ubd.jpg
    FT Island CNBLUE Cho Shin Sung 2AM Teen Top Infinite DNA
    Tumblr
    chococat_pudding
  • pinkccpinkcc Posts: 19Member
    About the video, it still made me worry about getting an eye infection though.
    Is there anyone here that has been wearing circle lenses for 5+ years that would like to share their experience with vision? =/
  • WENJJANGWENJJANG ?? CaliforniaPosts: 7,127Member

IDOL

pinkcc wrote on 06 July 2010 - 10:48 AM:

Is there anyone here that has been wearing circle lenses for 5+ years that would like to share their experience with vision? =/

I have been wearing them for 4+ years (so I hope that is okay) and I haven't seen a difference in my vision. I do take breaks from circle lens from time to time though as well as I try not wear them for a long period of time 6hour max and I always bring eye drops with me. As well as I take care of my lens seriously.
    applemint
  • HypoAllergenicJinHypoAllergenicJin Posts: 11Member
    Sup, guys?
    I'm new.

ANYWAY, to contribute to the new article on GMA about circle lenses:

BULLCRAP. In every way, shape and form.
    The article is incredibly biased and one sided. Circle Lenses and regular contacts are made of the same materials.
    They are approved by the KFDA, which is comparable to the US FDA.\

Wearing any lenses carry a risk. The way it was fashioned in the video is that only circle lenses carry this risk.
  • laokaylaokay The Orange IslandsPosts: 52Member
    Sarangbebe wrote on 06 July 2010 - 06:42 PM:

USA Worries Over Circle Lens Contacts Trend!
    Video Link
    credits: Yahoo news + ABC News:Good Morning America

Seriously, can anyone be a journalist these days? I haven't seen so much ignorance in a long time. Lady Gaga did NOT start the circle lens trend, Asian Celebrities did. & Circle lenses are NOT dangerous if you take the regular precautions and have a valid prescription.

Eugh, someone throw Lady Gaga in the ocean.
    CookieCizz
  • srenitysrenity straight gamesther Posts: 1,743Friend of Soompi
    edited July 2010
    pinkcc wrote on 06 July 2010 - 12:48 PM:

I don't go into this thread a lot because I no longer wear circles. It's not because it's unsafe or whatever, I just realized it's become a big money drainer D:

But before I stopped wearing circles, I've been wearing them for three years (sorry, not the length that you're looking for). I had a medium collection of 5 lenses at a time and owned a bit over 15 lenses in my life-time. I visit the optometrist yearly and they always tell me my eyes were healthy.

The facts that the news fail to report (because they're using the fear factor) and my two cents:
    -Circle lenses became popularized because of Korean net idols (aka Ulzzangs) and have been around YEARS before Lady Gaga and "Bad Romance"

-It is a VERY rare case that someone will get an infection 24 hours after wearing the lenses (personally, I've never heard of someone getting it that quickly).

-Circles are yearly lenses while Freshlooks (the colored ones you get at the optometrist) are 2-weeks. Like circle lenses, they only come in one size (base curve, thickness, and diameter) so they too don't fit everyone Because yearly lenses are harder to take care of, it's probably the reason why they're not approved in the US market IMO

-In Michelle Phan's Youtube video, it does NOT tell you step by step on how to use circle lens. That's only maybe 15 seconds of the video. The HUGE eyes that's highlighted in the news video/picture is mostly the special effects that Phan gave to authenticate Lady Gaga's eyes in the bathtub scene.

-Soompi is not entirely about the discussion of circle lens. Just this thread :P

There's probably more on my mind, but that's the major ones I just wanted to vent out~
    As I have said to new circle users in the past (doubt anyone remembers me, haha) : Take good care of your eyes by keeping your circle lens clean & sanitized and try not to exceed 10-12 hours of wearing.
    formally KawaiiChunsa
    [shop // status]
    [x] [Game Blog] [Tweet] [Ask me ANYTHING]
    lovesbrideapplemint