[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

Guest mekka

The Mum left when BY was a baby. That's why she doesn't remember her and regard EY as a mother figure. EY and her Dad said she raised BY since she was a baby, took her to school with her and all. EY is only 12 years older than BY so how could she have been of college age when BY was born? When the Dad went to prison, Umi's Mum stole some stuff from the family and ran away.

Thanks for the correction. So why does she bring up the contract to threaten him?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b00kw0rm

Thanks for the correction. So why does she bring up the contract to threaten him?

There's no expiry date on the contract! He also did not want EY to know that he was foolish enough to sign the contract. She has many such contracts with others. Like HC for one but he told her that 10 years was sufficient. I think she stole the stuff after her second stay at the house. EY's Dad forgave her because he said that for one thing, he understood she needed money for her son and secondly, he feels that what he had done in the past makes him a greater sinner than Soli. And I think that all along, he had some feelings for her. When she turned up, his first reaction was that he was happy that she was safe and back. Then of course, there was the 'how could you disappear?'. He didn't bring up that she stole from them. It was EY and Soli herself who brought it up. When she first appeared, seeing the joy on his face, I thought at first she was his wife!

I think that even if Soli was around, it doesn't make sense for EY to be bringing a baby to school. What was Soli there for? Wouldn't the teachers have called the authorities when a 12-year old brings a baby to school?

Guest revengeoftheflowers

HC and Umi LEFT THE HOUSE!!!!

This show is getting so so so good! 20 more episodes of this kind of excellence will make up for all the spotty parts of this drama! I think the writer finally hit her stride!

I can't wait until what happens next week!

HC and Umi asked the mother and father for money by using the family's house for payment.

The mother-in-law adamantly refuses, because the house is the only stable property they own. And the father-in-law wants to hear out why they need this money so badly. The father-in-law eventually leaves due to assignment, and the mother-in-law snottily states, "This house is meant for the first son. I wouldn't dare give it to you." (The problem is that Umi and HC have been taking care of the parents and giving them money for TEN YEARS while the first son was out messing up his life.)

Umi starts screaming at the mother-in-law, because the mother-in-law used HC's savings so the first son can start a business, and that HC's bath business has failed and the parents do nothing to support their second son. Umi also screams that the parents have used HC as a money making machine, and that they are cruel for refusing to help their son during his hard time. She then screams that because HC has taken care of her for 10 years, she will leave this house and make all the money for HC doing anything she can as long as he cuts ties with his mother and father.

Dramatically, the two leave and that dumb mother-in-law looks like she got stabbed.

Umi is so awesome!!

Guest sema608

Oh damn! That MIL is such a beeyotch. UGH!!!! So is HC wisening up and dropping that homewrecker for UMI?

Guest zzola1003

HC and Umi asked the mother and father for money by using the family's house for payment.

Dramatically, the two leave and that dumb mother-in-law looks like she got stabbed.

Umi is so awesome!!

thank you for your explanation. I was so anxious of what they were talking about as i don't understand korean. After all the sacrifice HC and Umi had done for the whole family, they don't deserved to be treated that way. My, owhh my, that's devastating if I were to be in their shoes. It would take years to erase the sadness and the grieve over this kind of mishaps. MIL from hell is certainly haven't learnt her lesson. GeongGang is still her priority .. I hate geonggang!!! :angry:

From above screencaps, is YH using a weapon, taking her sweet revenge against HC & Umi and Umi like kneeling down to YH begging for forgiveness? Hope 1st son's wife & son goes back to her ex-hubby, season liar and taking advantage for selfish reasons. Wow, all the women folks are very good in acting, emotional and aggressive. GeongGang better remain a divorcee 2nd time round. Another 20 episodes will be more complete and hope no short-cuts to abrupt "cliffhanging" ending.

The mother-in-law adamantly refuses, because the house is the only stable property they own. And the father-in-law wants to hear out why they need this money so badly. The father-in-law eventually leaves due to assignment, and the mother-in-law snottily states, "This house is meant for the first son. I wouldn't dare give it to you." (The problem is that Umi and HC have been taking care of the parents and giving them money for TEN YEARS while the first son was out messing up his life.)

Umi starts screaming at the mother-in-law, because the mother-in-law used HC's savings so the first son can start a business, and that HC's bath business has failed and the parents do nothing to support their second son. Umi also screams that the parents have used HC as a money making machine, and that they are cruel for refusing to help their son during his hard time. She then screams that because HC has taken care of her for 10 years, she will leave this house and make all the money for HC doing anything she can as long as he cuts ties with his mother and father.

Umi is so awesome!!

I'm so happy that Umi and HC finally move out of that hell of a house and away from that hellish MIL! Umi should have added that she worked herself to the bone for that ungrateful MIL!

Guest zzola1003

I know this is not of great interest to many but can someone explain the reason Soli was so upsets?

I presume Buyeoung too object to the idea of her father and ahjumma being a couple in contrast to her(Soli) early expection that Buyoung would approve.

Now, with HC and Umi out of the hse, will the MIL from hell turn to her beloved IS for financial support should GeoungGang in need of money again?? EY has already providing her share in the house work. Hahaaaha.. 'someone' will surely jump to the roof!!!

Soli is upset basically, because everyone thinks she's out for EY's father for his money due to her golddigging ways in the past. However, she genuinely loves him.

I'm actually really glad YH got revenge and made HC's business fail. He needs to learn that life has more to offer than just money and parental validation. Still, I hope Umi does some serious damage to YH later by killing that dumb wretched twit.

Guest resendes75

Soli is upset basically, because everyone thinks she's out for EY's father for his money due to her golddigging ways in the past. However, she genuinely loves him.

I'm actually really glad YH got revenge and made HC's business fail. He needs to learn that life has more to offer than just money and parental validation. Still, I hope Umi does some serious damage to YH later by killing that dumb wretched twit.

While she's at it. she should smother a pillow over the MIL's face! :D

Guest 2Van123

To be fair to HC, his Mom, his wife and MIL treated him as a money-making machine. Umi might yell in anger that she doesn't care if he is poor but she and her Mom took a lot of money from him over the years for Umi's useless brother. At the beginning of the drama, Umi would always run to him when he came home with some complaint about MIL or to ask for money. Instead of all that cryiing and yelling, Umi should have found a way back to shariing a room with HC. There's no contact all all, be it emotional or physical. These days other than the tears, accusations and angry defense over YH, the only conversation they have is Umi asking if he has eaten and HC grunting out a yes or no. At her end, Umi we all know has had a difficult life and poor thing, must be living in hell being with MIL 24/7.

HC told Umi once that he had other workers before and ran into management/financial problems many times. It was only with YH that things run smoothly and hence he thinks so highly of her. When YH didn't turn up for work for a few days and nothing ran smoothly at the sauna, HC didn't take that as a warning sign to take a more active management role. Or as GC suggested, to train him to take over the job!

I think the failure of his business and their moving out would be good for the family. Mom has to stop seeing him only as an ATM and instead try to recognize her son, who always felt shut out from all the attention she showered on her youngest and in particular, eldest son. Umi will help HC get back on his feet so they have to really communicate and work together. HC will learn self-worth is not based on how much money you have to give your family. Umi too needs to discover self-worth. While she loves her husband and children, she is more than just a wife and a mother.

Isang is acting more and more like EY and his Mom in his interactions with is brother-in-law. If the FIL pushes him too hard, I think he will move home. With or without EY. When he whined to her about her Dad, her response was to tell him to go home and be breast-fed by his Mom. Although he was acting like a whiny baby, I wished the ceiling would drop on her head then. The trash that comes out of her mouth and her callous superior attitude to others grates on the nerves! Yet she is always telling him to listen to her and show support! While Isang will now realize what EY has been suffering with his Mom, EY is wrong that her situation is worst than his. She deals with MIL for a few hours and then gets to go home. Its worst when you're living in the same house and have no escape. Ask Umi, she will know what the difference is. And EY's Dad shouldn't start this nonsense. In the beginning, he may force himself to treat Isang that way. As time passes, it will become second nature and he will constantly look for faults. Then he and EY's MIL will be perfectly matched. Would they be happy when the couple divorce due to constant quarrelling over the parents?

Archived