Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

file5613144846909578696.jpg

http://www.onstylei.com/celebrity/csBeautyView.sty?contentsType=CSBS&key=&keyword=&tempType=&pageNo=6&boardIndex=1292

438580.jpg

1643858.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

Video @ http://blog.naver.com/bobbikorea/30081078761

GHJ recently did a photoshoot for cosmetics brand Bobbi Brown's new Brightening skincare+makeup line (in stores in March). Since a drama's grueling sked causes lack of sleep and dry, tired skin, Hyo-Jin was asked what the secret was to her clear, translucent skin. She answered: "A healthy lifestyle." She goes biking, drinks plenty of water and doesn't eat junk food (on set, she always has within reach a big bottle of cool H2O with lemon and cucumber; and her manager prepares veggies such as carrots, cucumbers and sweet potatoes for her snack). She added that positive thinking and laughter also helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bashful

I love Gong Hyo JIn. I hope to see her in another drama soon. Maybe she and Gong Yoo should play another drama again since he is back form the military.

does anyone know wha thte tattoo on her back is?

It's hard to make out at first:

16hqech.jpg

But if you look closely (and according to this/this/this) it's a tattoo of... Bambi :o:lol:

She also has a tiny star tattooed on her right foot:

4ugw47.jpg

did anyone watch her mobile drama "five stars" (2004)? i remember when it first came out i really wanted to watch it but i couldn't find it. if anyone knows where i can watch it, please let me know! thanks!

Unfortunately I haven't found any clips either of the mobile drama itself. But here are links to:

-- Interview+photoshoot http://vod.ietn.co.kr/day/mov/enter_statio...424413266_s.wmv <ETN>

-- Music video [MediaFire] [MultiUpload] <Mgoon> <Pandora>

leesytd7.gif

Maybe she and Gong Yoo should play another drama again since he is back form the military.

They would probably welcome an opportunity like that, since they're such close friends. But personally I'd like to see her working with new people. There's a level of unpredictability, of surprise. And there are soooo many actors I want her to act with, like Ha Jung-Woo, Kim Myung-Min, Lee Byung-Hun, Song Kang-Ho, Lee Jung-Jae, Park Hae-Il, Kang Ji-Hwan, So Ji-Sub...the list goes onnnnn

Gong Hyo Jin Cast In New Im Soon Rye Film

Gong Hyo Jin has already decided on her next project after her successful drama Pasta, and it's acclaimed director Im Soon Rye's film How To Go On A Trip With A Cow, based on the book by Kim Do Yeon of the same title. The film is about a bachelor farmer who's planning on selling his cow. He receives a phone call from his ex-girlfriend, who left him for his friend seven years ago. She tells him that his friend has died, and that she wants him to come to the mourning service. So he goes on a trip to the service, together with his cow.

Gong plays the ex-girlfriend, while Kim Young Pil, previously of film My Love By My Side, plays the farmer. Filming begins in April. How To Go On A Trip With A Cow plans to open in theatres in the latter half of the year. [...]

Source: Dahee's Plastic Castle

Gong Hyo-jin signs on to road movie

Having just ended her recent drama project, Pasta, actress Gong Hyo-jin has picked her next movie role. She'll take the lead in How To Travel With a Cow [소와 함께 여행하는 법], the next project from director Im Soon-rye, who helmed the hit sports movie Forever the Moment.

This movie is an adaptation of a novel of the same name written by author Kim Do-yeon. It's a road movie that kicks off when a poet living in the countryside sells his cow, but feels dissatisfied at the low price. He receives a phone call from his ex-girlfriend (Gong), who left him seven years ago and married his friend. Now his friend has died and she asks him to come to the funeral, so he takes back his cow and travels with it to the funeral. He then travels on with the woman and the cow, and the movie unfolds as they encounter various situations along the way. Kim Young-pil (My Love By My Side) plays the lead character.

Sounds like a quirky movie, and I can see Gong's quirky, natural appeal fitting in with this kind of low-key story. The last film she shot was Crush and Blush two years ago, in which she played a bad-tempered teacher plagued with a condition where she blushes frequently.

How To Travel With a Cow will begin filming in April and will release later this year.

Source: Dramabeans

w21uv6.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

new CF~!

Orion Natural Chicle CF

{15s} Watch online [Download] mms://media.adic.co.kr/tv/wmv300/201003/RV0020352.wmv

{20s} Watch online [MultiUpload] [MediaFire]

{30s} ver. 1 Watch online [MultiUpload] [MediaFire]

{30s} ver. 2 Watch online

CF screencaps

cfB0F8C8BFC1F8_BFC0B8AEBFC2_B3BBC3F.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News

Print Ads

28qq14w.jpg2z6i354.jpg

242zlec.jpg

16iw13l.jpg

1z4yfqp.jpg

credit: http://blog.daum.net/alsdud151004/13087039 + http://blog.daum.net/skdghdirn/7084106

26so3939.jpg

credit: http://blog.naver.com/so3939/60104073963 + http://idea-1983.tistory.com/7

iphone_237.jpg

_084.jpg

018.jpg

_103.jpg

057.jpg

205.jpg

190.jpg

291.jpg

_282.jpg

CAOFQL4V.jpg

CAF79942.jpg

CAF9HFPJ.jpg

CAU309QB.jpg

CAMHMXO5.jpg

credit: http://cafe.daum.net/leesunkyun/GYj5/1405, TVDaily

Orion gears up for larger share in local chewing gum market

Yonhap News

2010/04/07 16:02 KST

SEOUL, April 7 (Yonhap) -- Orion Corp., South Korea's second-largest snack maker, is challenging the dominance of top local snack manufacturer Lotte Confectionery Co. in the local chewing gum market, industry sources said Wednesday.

Orion late last month launched a new gum product "Natural Chicle," made of chicle from latex of Mexican sapodilla trees, in a move to recover its share in the gum market it had lost to Lotte's xylitol gums.

Xylitol gums, made from xylitol or sugar alcohol sweetener from Finnish birch trees, make up more than 50 percent of the overall gum market here, estimated at 290 billion won (US$256 million), the sources said.

Since releashing its first products of xylitol gum in 2000, Lotte has beat the competition, grabbing a 70 percent share of the xylitol gum market, put at 150 billion won.

Orion is running aggressive advertisements in newspapers and on TV for its new product, stressing the company does not use polyvinyl acetate resin, a synthetic gum base ingredient, in the manufacturing process.

The company said it generated 1.50 billion won in sales of the chicle gum last month, successfully breaking into the market. In the local confectionery market, a new product is considered as a hit if its monthly sales exceed 1 billion won, according to the sources.

"We are targeting 30 billion won this year in sales of the new product. It will appeal to consumers for its natural elements," Orion's brand manager Kang Jung-hoon said.

After seeing Hyo Jin's High Cut photoshoot, I just have to comment. :P Love the photoshoot; she is absolutely gorgeous, cute and playful at the same time. <3

I am watching Pasta now. Hyo Jin and Lee Sun Gyun make a really cute couple. :)

She is SOOO ADORABLE<33

And such a good actress. :D Loving her in Pasta atm.

Anyone who isn't watching Pasta, you're missing out!

She and the chef are so cute together. haha<3

I love Gong Hyo JIn. I hope to see her in another drama soon.

she's so pretty in a unique and natural way!!!

in pasta ..i dont think her character could hurt a fly

+ when she gets angry and then shouts but ends up sort of stumbling and whispering...so cute

I am watching Pasta now. Hyo Jin and Lee Sun Gyun make a really cute couple. :)

anyway GHJ never disappointed me hehehe..

probably she is one of my Fave actress melusine.

fact only us who always post this thread.

i hope as soon as Pasta.

this thread will be more alive

valley girl Looks like you may have gotten your wish. ;)

Am so glad she and Lee Seon-Gyun have amazing chemistry together. I love them both individually and was excited when I learned about the casting, but see, chemistry is such a tricky thing. It's either there or it's not, and it can make-or-break a drama/film. Pasta is cute but not mind-blowing and though I'm not finished with it yet (I wish they'd stuck with 16 episodes, but that's MBC for ya *rolleyes*), it's obvious that GHJ and LSG (+their chemistry) are carrying the drama.

Nevertheless I think it was a good move for her to do Pasta (thank goodness it was a hit, that it held its own against God of Study). Drama quality aside, it repositioned her as a Romantic Leading Lady. In her interviews last year, she seemed genuinely worried that she may have handicapped herself by playing unattractive characters thrice in a row (her Crush and Blush director even mentioned then that GHJ hasn't had a CF or drama offer since). This, despite critical acclaim and Best Actress awards and nominations--which shows that it's not enough to be a Serious Actress in Chungmuro; you still have to be financially viable/bankable. Fast-forward to the present: Her drama was a moderate hit, she has a new CF out, and new drama fans are rediscovering her. We already knew she can rise to the challenge with more difficult material, but in Pasta, she can finally relax (by playing someone "normal" for a change) and unleash her effortless charm and enormous likeability. She is ADORABLE in it.

2hwl00x.jpg

And afterwards instead of coasting on that mainstream goodwill, she follows that up with an indie film with Im Soon-Rye. That's not just versatility; she's proving to everyone through smart career choices that the last couple of years haven't been a fluke. Gong Hyo-Jin wants to be taken seriously as an Actress. She's balancing romantic lead roles in dramas with more artistic, adventurous fare in film, and more power to her (whoever is handling her career is doing a bang up job).

in pasta ..i dont think her character could hurt a fly

Wait till you see her in Conduct Zero! She spends the movie hanging out with her Delinquent Girls Posse, bullying the sweet lead actress, and threatening her enemies with baseball bats, broken bottles, and acid. richard simmons will cut you--it's awesome. :lol:

6.jpg

After seeing Hyo Jin's High Cut photoshoot, I just have to comment. :P Love the photoshoot; she is absolutely gorgeous, cute and playful at the same time. <3

Agreed!^^ She makes the ice cream look yummier.

I find it rather bemusing that a talent who is as consistantly good and easily likable as GHJ has so relatively few pages filled on her Soompi thread. :huh: You have all done a great job leaving of adding pictures, comments, and up to date information, but one would imagine that someone of this caliber would have at least 500, or more, pages dedicated to her. I've seen her in several projects over the three plus years of my K-Drama addiction (Thank You, Biscuit Teacher..., Crush and Blush, Volcano High, Sisters on the Road, Pasta) and not once has she failed to deliver the goods. ;) I'm never one to compare any of these incredible talents, but our girl is at least as good or better than any of them. :P

I'll be looking forward to seeing her once again in her latest project, and still have some backwards traveling to do for some of her earlier roles. No matter which area of the arts Miss Gong appears, she's always worth taking note of. Thank you all for contributing to this thread and to GHJ for making its inclusion at Soompi more than justified. :)

^It's never really bothered me that there's not a lot of thread traffic here. Maybe it's because she's never had a huge Hallyu crossover hit (and this is an international forum). Maybe it's because she's not conventionally beautiful or comfortably mainstream. Maybe she's not the sort of actress who inspires posting-frenzy devotion in her fans. Who knows, it's futile to second-guess. And judging from the comments at Dramabeans' Pasta recaps or in the Pasta Soompi thread, Hyo-Jin DOES have a lot of fans. Not enough to warrant 500 pages perhaps, but I know we're out there. ^_^ I hope this doesn't come off snotty or sourgrapey, but I've never equated thread count with an actor's caliber anyway (case in point: Song Kang-Ho's 21 pages). Do I wish she had more fans? Of course; I'm sure any artist would want their work to be appreciated by a bigger audience. Do I wish more GHJ fans would delurk and post here? Of course, so I don't have to keep talking to myself lol. But que sera sera~! Hyo-Jin will keep doing her thing, and just as long as anyone who has something to say about her feels welcome to do so in this thread, it's all good. :)

Thanks for the post, robbo4. It's nice when fans speak up about what their favorite star deserves. :P I share your hope that Hyo-Jin will gain more fans as she continues to do consistently good-to-great work in a hopefully long career. Then we can feel all smug and say we loved her first, heh. May I suggest you watch the wonderful 2006 movie Family Ties next? It's her best performance next to Crush and Blush, imo. She also turns in a good supporting perf in Happiness (2007). As for her old dramas, I'd recommend Ruler of Your Own World (2002) and Sang-Doo, Let's Go to School (2003).