Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2010] PASTA 파스타

Replies

• hyallhyall Posts: 257Member

SUPERSTAR

edited January 2010
    I checked the sub info sorry for mispost. I wish I could delete this.
  • tetsuwanatomtetsuwanatom Posts: 98Member
    I love this drama!!! HW is so. . . so. . . how do i put it? Cool and hilarious at the same time.
    And YK is so cute.
    It's like.... so naturally cute! I can't help but want to hug her...
    the sea scene is just so... I KEPT RE-WATCHING IT!
    I love their dynamics!
    They have these little flirty cute moments together, and it's done so... fantastically image

ok i shall stop gushing now.

BUT I LOVE THIS COUPLE!
  • robotmatsurirobotmatsuri Posts: 566Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (deeta @ Jan 25 2010, 12:31 PM) »
    I think Pasta would do well if it avoids going off tangent because it's biggest appeal lies in its main couple. Stop throwing in random, irrelevant scenes just to give the actors necessary screentime. I don't need to see those fired chefs and that manager anymore. I don't need to see Philip getting it on with San's sister.

I agree. There are way too many side stories. I'm so tired of seeing the 3 fired female chefs and I think their storyline is pointless. I hated the manager, so I hope he stays out, but it looks like he comes back to La Sfera to plead for his job in the next episode.

I'm a Kim San fan, so I was pleased with his scenes with Yoo Kyung tonight. image Looks like Yoo Kyung asks him in the next episode about the cacti... can't wait! No matter what he says though, he's too late, poor guy.
    2ciedyb.jpg 23jiwbc.jpg
  • the girl who!the girl who! goddess Min Jung ♥ PeruPosts: 31,149Member

IMMORTAL

edited January 2010
    acording to Newsen :

EP 7 Rating (AGB) : 14.4%

EP 7 @ youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqgP-h5xKck

see the rest : 10kdrama @ youtube
    Jung Woo International [ Site - FB - TW - YT ]  Lee Min Jung International [ Blog - FB - TW - YT]
  • mskinchargemskincharge Posts: 37Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (tetsuwanatom @ Jan 25 2010, 03:47 PM) »
    I love this drama!!! HW is so. . . so. . . how do i put it? Cool and hilarious at the same time.
    And YK is so cute.
    I love their dynamics!
    They have these little flirty cute moments together, and it's done so... fantastically image

BUT I LOVE THIS COUPLE!

That is my fav scene too! I also liked the hall way scene at the end. YK is just adorable, I found myself giggling whenever she giggled image
  • Auntie MameAuntie Mame CaliforniaPosts: 3,095Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited January 2010
    QUOTE (robotmatsuri @ Jan 25 2010, 02:12 PM) »
    I agree. There are way too many side stories. I'm so tired of seeing the 3 fired female chefs and I think their storyline is pointless. I hated the manager, so I hope he stays out, but it looks like he comes back to La Sfera to plead for his job in the next episode.

I'm a Kim San fan, so I was pleased with his scenes with Yoo Kyung tonight. image Looks like Yoo Kyung asks him in the next episode about the cacti... can't wait! No matter what he says though, he's too late, poor guy.

I totally agree with you on the 3 fired female chefs and that manager. His acting is always too over the top. (And, I just realized that he's wearing a toupee. yuck...) image

Poor San, he is too late. Actually, I find their scenes really, really cute. But, that boat sailed right out from under his nose. It's a pity because he watched YK from afar, for three years. He is going to be pissed that, after 3 yrs, he's loosing out to someone who's only been there 3 days(?) weeks(?). C'est la Vie! image
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 6,989Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

QUOTE (Awakendreamer @ Jan 26 2010, 03:23 AM) »
    Question: I noticed some pictures I really like that weren't screen caps and tried to find more following the link on the picture: www.imbc.com. But I can't read Korean and couldn't seem to find the photo gallery like I did with You're Beautiful's site. Can anyone show me how I can find more behind the scenes shots of the drama?

Greatly appreciate it! image

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/pasta/photo/index.html

• shirleyshirley Posts: 6,989Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

QUOTE (tetsuwanatom @ Jan 26 2010, 05:47 AM) »
    And YK is so cute.
    I love their dynamics!

BUT I LOVE THIS COUPLE!

the best thing abt this drama is surely the leading cast of chef and yk ..even if the subplot get irriating ..their moments together are the delight of the esp always especially GHY is just so naturally cute ..without pretence , i love her since the ruler of your own world .she always manage to take any role and add in her own flavour

from DC

the swimming pool scene lol~ ah kim sam ..you shdnt have just stay at being her customer

chef ~lol...his kitchen is his heart ..this woman is swimming in it so often that it is making him "crazy" ^

from DC

• hjkomohjkomo NorCalPosts: 2,494Friend of Soompi
    edited January 2010
    Today's ep was too cute.

San steps up as a contender for YK (too bad it's too late though image)

HW and San's jealousy with each other over YK.

And...HW basically telling YK to go for him -
    when he described her cooking as lacking the skill to (hook/ensnare/grab - can't think of the exact word for the translation at the moment, but the verb also means to 'seduce') the person eating it...
    When they're leaving the restaurant, YK asks him what it takes to have that skill,
    and HW says her cooking is a one-sided love (like hers for HW), and it lacks the conviction and confidence for people to like and acknowledge it. He tells her not to have a one-sided love but to hook/ensnare...properly (i.e. do it right).

heehee, go for it, YK! image
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg
    Watching: too many dramas
  • xkikuxkiku Blur&Toot Posts: 307Member
    QUOTE (hjkomo @ Jan 26 2010, 10:15 AM) »
    Today's ep was too cute.

San steps up as a contender for YK (too bad it's too late though image)

HW and San's jealousy with each other over YK.

And...HW basically telling YK to go for him -
    when he described her cooking as lacking the skill to (hook/ensnare/grab - can't think of the exact word for the translation at the moment, but the verb also means to 'seduce') the person eating it...
    When they're leaving the restaurant, YK asks him what it takes to have that skill,
    and HW says her cooking is a one-sided love (like hers for HW), and it lacks the conviction and confidence for people to like and acknowledge it. He tells her not to have a one-sided love but to hook/ensare...properly (i.e. do it right).

heehee, go for it, YK! image

hello hjkomo, thanks for the translation. does it indirectly means that HW asking YK to hook him?

Can help to translate last part too? :X

• lucky_moonlucky_moon 이준기~♥ 하늘 -.-Posts: 10,968Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited January 2010
    QUOTE (xkiku @ Jan 25 2010, 06:45 PM) »
    hello hjkomo, thanks for the translation. does it indirectly means that HW asking YK to hook him?

Can help to translate last part too? :X

I'm pretty sure he was...but I don't think YK got the hint. image

The last part was cute, too.

HW returned the gift to SY and rejected her, but then YK and San arrived just as SY was going to try to kiss (hug?) HW...
    So, San covered YK's eyes and said - "The cactus has bloomed" - which is a play on words from the 'green light-red light' game that kids play - it actually goes "hibiscus has bloomed"
    HW sees YK and San together and gets jealous, saying - why would a cactus bloom at this time of night...when the sun has gone down? (basically, commenting that those two have been out together late at night)

Later, YK goes to out to the hallway but can't bring herself to knock or ring HW's doorbell. Then, he comes out and wants to talk to her. (see...both are uneasy about the San and SY - HW knows YK's been out with San & didn't answer his call, and YK thinks something's going on with HW and SY because SY talked about wearing the special chef's uniform which the man she loves liked her to wear)
    HW asks what's going on between YK & San. She says, nothing.
    YK asks what's his relationship with SY, and he says, nothing. YK mentions the uniform...so HW says he and SY were classmates in Italy, that's all.
    YK remarks that HW and SY must be close then, but HW says he's more close with her (YK)...right now. YK asks how much? He says as much as an anchovy's poo. YK says an anchovy's poo is half of its body, but HW corrects her and says that that stuff is not the anchovy's poo. It's the intestines. There's hardly any poo.
    HW says she can't even differentiate between poo and intestines...can she differentiate between poo and dwenjang? (This is a common saying in Korean) ...and she calls herself a cook, aigoo...
    He then says if she asks any more useless questions, he'll gather up anchovy poo and make poo-ball pasta and make her eat it. image
    She laughs at the poo-ball pasta.
    After he goes back into his apartment, she smiles and wonders why he came out (to the hallway/her door).

So cute! image
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg
  • cheerybellcheerybell MalaysiaPosts: 153Member

ROOKIE

omo omo...they are sooo cute.....
    cnt wait to watch epi 7...and then 8...
    Pasta Hwaiting ^^
    Current ♡s: Bride of the Century 
  • redevilicaredevilica The Wild Soul in Minnie NeverlandPosts: 8,859Member
    available in image
    cashewmania kpop download

Thanks a bunch, tam! image

[HQ] Pasta Ep. 07.avi [775.07 MB]
    http://www.Richard Simmons/?d=XQXSB8AQ | TeN

Visit Cashewmania blog for direct links
  • tazanyatazanya Las Vegas, NevadaPosts: 326Friend of Soompi
    thanks everyone for the screencaps, alternative download locations and formats.

I simply have no words for how much i enjoy this drama. its so fun and light and The Voice is so awesomely sexy. love it to bits. fave part so far.... hmmm

end of first ep. i must have watched it ten times cause I could not believe the audacity of chef.
    [url="http://http://www.ygladies.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27605"]d45m-ks-d4c2.png[/url]
    whatcanido.png
    ©xPromiile  & Deanna @YGL
  • Kit09Kit09 Posts: 436Member
    QUOTE (hjkomo @ Jan 26 2010, 12:53 PM) »
    I'm pretty sure he was...but I don't think YK got the hint. image

The last part was cute, too.

HW returned the gift to SY and rejected her, but then YK and San arrived just as SY was going to try to kiss (hug?) HW...
    So, San covered YK's eyes and said - "Cactus flower has bloomed" - which a play words from the 'green light-red light' game that kids play - it actually goes "hibiscus flower has bloomed"
    HW sees YK and San together and gets jealous, saying - why would a cactus flower bloom at this time of night...when the sun has gone down? (basically, commenting that those two have been out together late at night)

Later, YK goes to out to the hallway but can't bring herself to knock or ring HW's doorbell. Then, he comes out and wants to talk to her. (see...both are uneasy about the San and SY - HW knows YK's been out with San & didn't answer his call, and YK thinks something's going on with HW and SY because SY talked about wearing the special chef's uniform which the man she loves liked her to wear)
    HW asks what's going on between YK & San. She says, nothing.
    YK asks what's his relationship with SY, and he says, nothing. YK mentions the uniform...so HW says he and SY were classmates in Italy, that's all.
    YK remarks that HW and SY must be close then, but HW says he's more close with her (YK)...right now. YK asks how much? He says as much as an anchovy's poo. YK says an anchovy's poo is half of its body, but HW corrects her and says that that stuff is not the anchovy's poo. It's the intestines. There's hardly any poo.
    HW says she can't even differentiate between poo and intestines...can she differentiate between poo and dwenjang? (This is a common saying in Korean) ...and she calls herself a cook, aigoo...
    He then says if she asks any more useless questions, he'll gather up anchovy poo and make poo-ball pasta and make her eat it. image
    She laughs at the poo-ball pasta.
    After he goes back into his apartment, she smiles and wonders why he came out (to the hallway/her door).

So cute! image

Thanks for the explanation of the "Cactus flower has bloomed". We have a similar game here in my region, it is called "Mountain and Sea", we covered one's eyes and called out the names of a fish or an animal which impersonated by someone. That fish or animal will sway his body. The one whose eyes being covered has to guess who is the one who just sway his body. image
    The chef and YK are just too cutie.
    I love this drama.
  • Auntie MameAuntie Mame CaliforniaPosts: 3,095Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

@hjkomo: Thanks for the tidbits!! The drama is even better when there are cultural explanations to go with it.

HW is the one who said there is no love in his kitchen and YK is just a cook in his kitchen. But, he doesn't seem to be obeying his own rules ... hee, hee. He can't even control his jealousy. image

As for San, to paraphase Shin Woo (I think), "Game over ... didn't even start yet." Poor guy... image
  • deetadeeta Posts: 2,588Member

IDOL

hjkomo, thank you so much for the translation!! I now can understand those two conversations so much better. I think YK was too focused on the part about her food lacking confidence/flare and is like a one sided love to notice that underlying meaning. Isn't that why she was all emo when she went to the swimming pool with San?

Add me to the list of San's fans as well. I've enjoyed all his scenes so far, I think Alex and Gong Hyojin have good chemistry together. It's fun to see San ruffle YK's feathers, hahaha, she always gets annoyed when San starts probing around her business. Honestly, in some alternate universe, I think San and YK would've been really cute together!
    QUOTE (deeta @ Jan 25 2010, 11:55 PM) »
    Isn't that why she was all emo when she went to the swimming pool with San?

Yeah, she was bummed about getting second, but the emo was mostly because she realized that the man SY was talking about (re: chef's uniform) was HW.
    xfiles18-1.jpg8-1-1.jpg