Guest Jello.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew how to sew ):

I think it'd be so cool to make my own clothes :D

Post your creations and any patterns/sites you use! (:

Off topic, but how do you type the way you did in the title?

ι ɴ ɢ т н α <-- those letters o _o.

I asked my friend, haha sorry. :b

And I'll post pictures soon! I'm really noob at it though :x

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread can stay up, since the Show me your Creations! thread isn't specifically sewing :P

But I don't know, up to the mods.

I take basic sewing classes but I'm not that good yet. So far I can make a zipper case and a pair of shorts. Soon we'll be able to make plushies :) I'm thinking of majoring in Fashion when I get into college though.

^ I seriously cannot make shorts whatsoever.

They seem so easy but for some reason I can't make them, haha XD

I find making plushies easier than clothing though. Haha.

Guest strawberry.llamas

I like to sew in my spare time.

I'm not that great at it yet but have to keep practising!

%7Boption%7D241pdw6.jpg%7Boption%7D

that's really cute!!

may i ask where you got that pattern please? :]

Guest Han_Hye_Ri

yes!

but i sew stuffed animals and give it to friends etc. I need a sewing machine before i start ruining my clothes or material by hand sewing.

that dress a page before is soooo cute! great job!

Guest xclandestinexo

I'm a fashion design major, and i have some things that i've made...but i don't want to seem like i'm boasting or whatever just beacuse i'm a fd major...so i'll just upload a few dresses that i've made, and if you guys want to see more i'll post them...

dsc07384m.jpg

i actually designed this one...i've made my own patterns. The ruffles are all HAND sewn...omg it was pretty painful, but my teacher said it's how couture garnments are made, and i knew it would look better if i did hand sew it.

purpledressr.jpg

prupledressbackdetail.jpg

i love this dress! I didn't get to iron/steam the tulle, that's why you can see the white skirt underneath... -.- I made this in high school, and it's just a pattern from jo'anns. I made a lot of changes in the pattern though. Oh, and as you can see the shoes have matching ribbons as the back. ^^

taffeta.jpg

Also another dress made in high school. This was actually my prom dress. There is actually two bodices in there...lol. and like 10 layers of fabric.

Anyways, if you just buy a pattern making book, it's pretty simple (for me, it was) to make your own patterns. Once you understand the construction of a garment, it's pretty easy.

This is a cool trick I learned in school: if you have a favorite pair of jeans or shirt that you want multiples of you can easily copy it with some pattern making paper, and chalk. First you lay down your piece of clothing and then lay your paper on top and basically you copy each seam on your piece of clothing with a piece of tailors chalk/wax and you've copied the pattern. (make sure you add seam allowences, and that you copy every seam, and panels!) You can also alter it to make it a whole different look!

Guest mannequin

i sew small things, like dolls, little bags and etc. but i haven't sew big projects, but i want to. but i always procrastinate D;<

Guest taro339

i looooveeeee arts and crafts. i sew lots of little things, like plushies, hairbands, doll clothes (used to), cushions, etc...

i can knit and crochet, but i hardly do. i find its tiring...im just lazy.

i made a shoebag before and i want to try making clothes. overall, i like sewing felt little things the best :)

Guest xclandestinexo

I just learned how to knit. i can only make scarves and gloves...

here's more things i've made...

dsc07381w.jpg

I made for patternmaking class. I was inspired by traditional korean dresses, and It also has that newsboy waist.

dsc07390.jpg

dsc07391j.jpg

there's like 50 pleats on this! and the purple ruffles on the side were my additon to this pattern.

plaidjacket.jpg

I love the lining and the buttons on this jacket, although you can't see the lining. It has anchors, and rope in the shape of stars, very nautical. haha.

balenciagaw.jpg

This is my Balenciaga inspired jacket. It looks better when its on a person...I actually attached the stripes on the fabric. I should have made the stripes match, but I made this in high school and didn't know about matching stripes...

amishdress.jpg

I wish i made this dress in a different color, i'm thinking about dying it. It looks so...amish? that's why i added the tulle flower, but i don't thinkt it really helped...?

i have other stuff, i just don't have the photos of all of them...and i feel weird posting all of these up.........

Guest *karina*

I'm no expert on sewing, but I have been working today on changing an old dress into a pair of shorts, and with some other spare fabric I'm going to make a bandeau bra to wear under my oversized tanks.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

i took fashion in high school and i loved it!

but obviously i just followed bought patterns. lol

i had a pair of flannel shorts/boxer and a summer dress, that my teacher helped me altar and it didn't turn out too nice, so i can't really wear it. lol

i wish i had a sewing machine at home, then i can hem my jeans myself, instead of relying on my aunt to hem them. lol and of course to make my own clothes.

im stuck knitting :(

I make very practical, functional things by sewing: pouches, bags, covers, cushions, fabric box, mini quilt. I wish I could sew clothing but I'm scared of measurements and fitting. I'd rather make smaller items that are done more quickly.

Guest pinkjelly09

impressive!!! i really want to learn how to sew. i wanna sew little plushy toys. lol.

im asking my mom how to use the sewing machine.. haha, :P

Guest GreenTeaLeaves

YESYESYES. <3 I think Soompi needs a sewing thread; I've seen lots of nice creations in the "show me your creations" thread, but you always have to wade through clay figures and stuff to find them lol. No hate, just a thought.

Thanks to the OP!

I'll come back when I'm done uploading photos of my recent creations and post pics.

Guest goofipinay

A little off topic, but still related to sewing

If you had the choice to sew your own prom dress or get your fave fashion designer to design+sew it, what would you pick?

I'm just curious, since I made mine last year, and I don't know if I have time this year...

But at the same time, people expect it from me (to make it) << good and bad thing I guess

And it could be a pride thing, too xD

Soo,..?

Archived