ѕ e w ι ɴ ɢ ★ т н r e α d

Guest Jello.

do you sew ?
mods - i couldn't find a sewing thread, so i thought of starting one. please close if i'm wrong.

So, a lot of times instead of buying a piece of expensive clothing online or in store, I sew it myself. It saves me a lot of money, and even though I rarely get it exactly the same, I get results that I am happy with. This year, I want to start sewing big projects, like a dress or something similar.

Does anybody know any websites that offer some free clothing patterns / project ideas?

Also, do any of you sew? Post what you've sewed in the past, what you want to make, and any ideas that you want to share.

And feel free to post pictures!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PixicIxic

I sew sometimes but never completely finish one item. So far, i've only managed to sew tank top =(

Can you post pictures of what u've done, please ^_^

Guest ystarburst

*waves hand around in the air* I sew!! :) Mostly it's for cosplaying, but most of my cosplay outfits start out as something basic. I've made a 3/4 sleeve wrap shirt, a fitted dress, and a cute jumper just to name a few.

Guest Laura605

I sewed a skirt 3 years ago. :) which, I only recently realised, I still have.

but the fabric i used to make it doesnt match any of my shirts or shoes cause its all bright and flowery.

and its also starting to fall apart because of my noobish skills, as in the stitching is coming undone.

I feel like sewing stuff again though since watching gossip girl episodes and jenny's (i think is her name?) sewing ambitions.

1-22.jpg

Guest soompier1

I know how...but I suck

yay for etsy !

edit: there's no sewing thread but there is a post your creation thread so idk if I should remove these pics, since they are already in that thread

33wtjc2.gif

10ndm5j.gif

23kapoi.gif

sorry the pictures are in gif. format because they're from my blog XP

I know people don't read but I'll restate: I didn't sew these, details on my blog

TRYING to make the a jacket for cosplay atm.

i only have a few hours to do it...

will post pics if i ever find this thread again =)

a friend is helping me so its not as bad though =))

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

ooh i wanna see pictures. i love seeing customized clothing or handmade things.

too bad i can't work a sewing machine to save my life. (plus sewing machines are expensive!)

sewing by hand takes too long. i used to do embroidery and knit.

I sew~! Sometimes. <___<

My mom used to work in the fashion design industry so she knows how to pattern make and drape (although we no longer have a body form/dummy). So I usually just ask her to help me on projects.

I actually haven't made anything worthy to be mentioned though.

And I want my own sewing machine. My mom has vintage machines but they're loud and scare me. They're really durable though. LoL.

I wish I knew how to sew ):

I think it'd be so cool to make my own clothes :D

Post your creations and any patterns/sites you use! (:

Off topic, but how do you type the way you did in the title?

ι ɴ ɢ т н α <-- those letters o _o.

Guest goofipinay

Mm

I made a lotta things,..but i never ever ever use patterns,...

I'm more visual, so I can figure out how to do it + I have a dressform

Burdastyle has patterns (some free, some cheap, etc)

Not bad, I don't think :)

I guess I'll post later,...I don't feel like pulling up pictures

EDIT;

alright, I have time now, lol

I guess I'll do a range of what I've done...

I actually used to be REALLY proud of the fact that I don't use patterns, and I only MAKE them (and throw them out)...I always threw them out, because I always told myself I was gonna make everything different, and what made stuff unique was that they weren't gonna be from the same pattern... I was wrong -.-'

But anyway, here's just a couple from when I started teaching myself (trial + error)

Full Picture

m_f7f1d6369f620190915a7e2f7a420cfa.jpg

^^ Halter Hoodie (I saw someone from the UK selling some for $85?! so I wanted to make my own,...)

Pleated skirt looks REALLY pro, but my mom helped =X

Full Picture

m_d1a3a0a377e98b2b106d95290a6be202.jpg

^^ First dress I made,...I didn't hem it when I took the picture, so that's why the side is actually longer then the front and what not

Full Picture

m_696766a0f70644ff88037148cc3f86e1.jpg

^^ I got my dressform like 4 months after teaching myself for Christmas! (I begged and begged my mom for it, and she caved!)

Full Picture

m_d8605a3f3d7540f48df0de26301334fd.jpg

^^ First time I did sleeves. I hate making sleeves, (I just take way too long to sttach it on the body)...if you haven't noticed, I don't do sleeves xD

Full Picture

m_9548652eb91348478a7c982f7760b9b8.jpg

^^ First hat,...it's actually easier than I thought!

Guest mynameissecret

^that dress is super cute! i tried to sew a dress, but i didn't really put too much effort and it didn't even fit lol. im trying to get more into sewing, taking a sewing class right now :)

Archived