[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Guest purpleZ

[MBC] ParkJinHee, UhmJiWon, WangBitNa, KimBeom, LeePilMo, ChoiCheolHoThe Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여자MBC Wednesday/Thursday Miniseries

Planning: Go Dong-Seon [고동선] (Sweet Spy, My Wife Is A Superwoman)
Scriptwriter: Kim In-Young [김인영] (Woman Of The Sun, A Delicious Proposal, Truth)
PD: Kim Min-Shik [김민식] (My Wife Is A Superwoman)
Cast: Park Jin-Hee [박진희] (이신영 역), Uhm Ji-Won [엄지원] (정다정 역), Wang Bit-Na [왕빛나] (김부기 역), Lee Pil-Mo [이필모] (윤상우 역), Kim Beom [김범] (하민재 역), Choi Cheol-Ho [최철호] (나반석 역)
Episodes: 16
Genre: Romantic Comedy
First Broadcast: January 20, 2010 (replacing "Hero")
Time: every Wednesday & Thursday @ 9:55 PM (Korea Time)
Official Website: Main * Photo * VOD [Preview * Sketch (bts) * TV Fun] * MBC Global Media [Korean | English]

Synopsis
She has returned!
Lee Shin-young couldn't wait to get married when she was 32. But she's still single at the age of 34!
She hasn't found a soul mate yet nor has she found success in her career. Her unforgiving personality is worse than ever.
Now she's about to learn some hard lessons about life at the age of 34!

Character Description

Lee Shin-young (age: 34) actress Park Jin-hee (A woman who can't wait to get married)
Why does life only give me hard homework? Even now at my age I just lose my way and get lost. Whatever just hand me my eyecream.

Reporter of UBN broadcasting company. Faithful and sincere type. The first-round possible lay-off person in company. Even if she is not married she is still positive and bright.

She almost could have married with a man whom she met again during interview, whom she actually met 10 years ago during her university life. But her love failed again because of her chance of training at Washington. After she came back from Washington 2 years passed, and she got his marriage news. After several heartbreaking failures, she decided to devote herself to work only. But a stroke made all her plan mess-up. Her mouth got twisted and her heart was once again torn off. She had feelings for the doctor whom she met when she was getting treated, but sadly a misinterpretation happened when she got a chocolate from him. Therefore her love ended tragically like that..

While she was despairing about her own life, the man appeared. Every part of him looked nice. Romance which it would be my first, Love which it would be my last. However, he is 10 years younger than me. Should I go or stop… Oh this hard road of love….

Jung Da-jung (age: 34) actress Uhm Ji-won (A woman looking for the perfect man)
I am perfect. I will find a nice man who matches well with me. No compromising with me!

Simultaneous translator. An intelligent and a beautiful woman who seek noble grace. In other people’s eyes, she has everything.. Brand-name goods are suitable for her. She is overconscious how other people appreciate her. She is a little hot-tempered and cannot hide her emotion. She doesn’t have many experience about making love. So, she is not familiar with reading what male think and feel. She is naïve, but materialistic, that is, she likes handsome and wealthy men. She realized her dream from the hard situation and she think she deserve to meet high level man.

She hope to meet reliable man, then, attend couple party as well as wheel baby carriage together with husband. So, she set up a plan to marry within a year. To do that, she wait a nice single man who has tall height, high salary, attractive manner and no experience of love with other girl. She took shot on TV, CF to make herself known well, but she gets cheated.

Finally, she succeeded to marry with a oriental doctor who looks perfect. But, life is not easy. Extraordinary problem what she never anticipate crashes into her marriage.

Kim Bu-gi (age: 34) actress Wang Bit-na (An attractive single woman who's past her prime)
My specialty is fishing men, then, set them free when I get bored. The world is wide and there are a lot of male. I am a precious woman.

Famous restaurant consultant. She consulted everything for restaurant (Menu, interior, table setting, service educating) as well as party planning. She has instinct for new trend. She believes in her own refined taste. She has a talent to win at adventure game. Cool and straight-forward character. She manages her life positively, warm to her friends.

She found interests in life after her divorce. She learns martial arts from her master. But, she keeps her marshal art skill in secret, except emergency situations

After she bought land with her saving, she left for Swiss to learn hotel management. 5 years later, after she came back to Korea the land price went high. She became a famous consultant who can make restaurants successful if it is once related with her.

Happy and exciting life except her friend, Shin-young and Da-jung who are involved with difficult love. But one day, she finds one baby lied in front of her house front door.

Yoon Sang-woo (age: 34) actor Lee Pil-mo (last romanticist)
How could I love a married lady who was 8 years older than me. Maybe I was punished. I just can’t stop this feeling.

Second pilot of an aircraft. Former boyfriend of Lee Shin-young whom he almost succeeded to marry. Man who is suitable with uniform. Man who is selected as most attractive man in company.

He meet Shin-young again 10 years after he had met her first time at university. He fell in love again and thought this is some kind of invisible tie. But, he gets hurt again when Shin-young left him for company training. So, he treated Shin-young cruelly. He send invitation letter of marriage even his marriage was broken out.. He purposely send invitation to let her know his cracked marriage. He waited for her response.

While he searched for his new house to live, he met a pretty lady who want divorce. Also she is 10 years older than him. His mind is disturbed. He did not understand himself. His purpose was recovering Shin-young’s mind, But, why is he disturbed by another lady.

How this kind of lady, who has same emotion, taste, understand each other well, came to world before me and spend time with another person. Really, I want to share her difficulty with me.

Ha Min-jae (age: 24) actor Kim Beom (Homme fatale)
Close your youth with me. I will love you until death.

First class university student majoring business. Talented musician. An attractive bad boy. A well-known music composer in an university society.

After he met Ban-suk as a private tutor, Both built friendship in spite of their age gap. He coaches Ban-suk’s love affair at this time.

He grew in family where his parent’s relationship is not so familiar. So, he is a little premature and cynical to love. Also he is not brave to reveal his feeling. Sometimes considerate, sometimes blunt, unpredictable.He does not trust love, he likes to play with a mind of girl. Sometimes he hurts a girl, but doesn’t feel sorry. None of those are my business, it is your problem that you love me. He says that but is lonely inside. Maybe he can be burst out if there are any chance.

He met Shin-young again, who cut his guitar string saying that it interrupts her interview. Both hated each other and growled at each other whenever they met. But later he starts to think Shin-young is cute. And he also feels jealous about Ban-suk when Ban-suk hurt by Shin-young’s unconsciousness of contact. But he disregard those jealousy and suggest Ban-suk to play betting about “Seduce Shin-young” But, during working on Shin-young, he start to love her really and at last he confesses his love.

Na Ban-seok(age: 34) actor Choi Cheol Ho
I am trying to find real love of my life. But why do all girls only look at my salary. Every girl are divided into two types. One is materialistic type, the other is not pretty type.

Straight and standard clean male. Handsome oriental doctor at the most famous hospital. First class bridegroom with a handsome face, good body, good school career, capability in many things. But, he is not familiar with love making because of his purity. After he got separated with her girlfriend who did not like his medical service to poor places, he did not have a single chance to make real love. He thinks if the spirit can be shared with him, age or even divorce career doesn’t matter.

Good doctor who has a pride to help other people. He spent hard days for a while because of Shin-young who was introduced to him as a girl friend and didn’t call him. After that happening, he proposed to one pretty simultaneous interpreter, but he becomes embarrassed when he heard that she is a friend of Shin-young.

He meets his divorcing crisis when he thinks it is time to accomplish his dream about marriage.

Copyright© Since 2005, MBC & iMBC All Rights Reserved
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other posters

imageimage

Wallpapers

imageimageimage
imageimageimage

Fan made wallpapers:

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry Official OST

Tracklisting:
01 One Two Three – 4Minute GaYoon & Han Ye Ji
02 고백 – Kim Bum (김범) / Go baek (Confession)
03 사랑을 열다 – Park Ji Heon (V.O.S) / Sarang-eul Yeolda
04 Beautiful Girl – Star (별)
05 내 기타줄 끊은 여자 - Kim Bum (김범) / Nae gita jool kkeunheun yeoja (The Woman Who Cut My Guitar String)
06 이런생각 – Cha Eun Joo (차은주) / Yireon saenggak (These Thoughts)
07 LOVE IS… – Nolto Band
08 눈물이 별되어 – Morningstar Lily / Noonmool-i byeol dwi eo (Tears Become Stars)
09 다가가도 되나요 – Kim Ye Seul (김예슬) / Daga gado dwi na yo (Can I Come Closer?)
10 오늘의 날씨 – Lovely (러블리) / Oneul-e nalssi (Today's Weather)
11 Do Not Look Back – Various Artists
12 꽃다운 서른넷 – Various Artists / Kkot dawoon seoreun nenn
13 I Need Mojo – Various Artists
14 Have A Smile – Various Artists
15 Straight No Looser – Various Artists
16 현실 – Various Artists / Hyeon shil (Reality)
FULL OST Download

Other songs not included in the OST:
Episode 7: 루디드폴 - 오!사랑 (Rudi deu bol - Oh! Sarang) (The song that SY was singing after MJ's confession at the end of the episode)
Episode 12: Kim Bum-soo – “그대와 영원히” (With You Forever) (The song sung by MJ during BS-DJ wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratings
According to AGB Nielsen

Episode 1 (100120): 5.5%
Episode 2 (100121): 5.2%
Episode 3 (100127): 5.5%
Episode 4 (100128): 4.8%
Episode 5 (100203): 6.0%
Episode 6 (100204): 5.7%
Episode 7 (100210): 6.4%
Episode 8 (100211): 6.0%
Episode 9 (100217): 6.2%
Episode 10 (100218): 5.7%
Episode 11 (100224): 5.9%
Episode 12 (100225): 6.2%
Episode 13 (100303): 5.8%
Episode 14 (100304): 6.3%
Episode 15 (100310): 5.7%
Episode 16 (100311): 5.4%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cameo Appearances

Jo Han-seon (as Shin Young's ex) in Episode 1

Lim Chang-joong (as Shin Young's acquaintance) in Episode 2

imageimageimageimage

Danny Ahn (as Bu Gi's ex) in Episode 2

imageimage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode Recaps by Dramabeans

Episode 1-2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16 (Finale)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clips

kdrama-forum_400x60.png

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry - Praying Ceremony

[HD] 100116 MBC SectionTV - Interview with (Kim Bum) City Lover
The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry - BTS episode 4

[Making of ] The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry
The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry - Kim Bum concert BTS

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry episode 9 cut scene
Episode 12 Cut Scene in gif (the piano kiss)
Episode 12 Cut Scene clip (the piano kiss)

Fan Made:
by purpleZ:
The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry MV - Confession by Kim Bum (Part 1)
The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry MV - Can I Come Closer?

Articles

Kim Bum cast as Park Jin-hee’s younger boyfriend
Jin-Bum couple in the Woman Who Still Wants to Marry
Park Jin-hee works despite injury on set
Rough start for The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry
Kim Bum performs live for drama, sings for OST
Kim Bum is a rock star
Kim Bum, A deeply touching birthday gift for Park Jin-hee
Kim Bum has… silver hair?!
Park Says Career Success Does Not Quench One's Thirst For Love
Kim Bum treats Still’s staff to rice-cake soup
Kim Bum Interview on set of The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry
Park Jin Hee notice Kim Bum is the Best Partner in Kissing
Park Jin-hee: Calling Shin-youngs Everywhere!
Park Jin-hee Keeps Busy with a Drama and Two Films

Episode Downloads

AM-Addiction: The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry download links at AM-Addiction
Since it's not allowed to distribute their download links elsewhere, you'll have to register and download straight from their website.

HDTV H264 720p CEO (MU Links)
posted by: holden
Episode 1: Still.Marry.Me.E01.100120.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 2: Still.Marry.Me.E02.100121.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 3: Still.Marry.Me.E03.100127.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 4: Still.Marry.Me.E04.100128.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 5: Still.Marry.Me.E05.100203.HDTV.H264.720p-CEO Episode 6: Still.Marry.Me.E06.100204.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 7: Still.Marry.Me.E07.100210.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 8: Still.Marry.Me.E08.100211.HDTV.H264.720p-CEO Episode 9: Still.Marry.Me.E09.100217.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 10: Still.Marry.Me.E10.100218.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 11: Still.Marry.Me.E11.100224.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 12: Still.Marry.Me.E12.100225.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 13: Still.Marry.Me.E13.100303.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 14: Still.Marry.Me.E14.100304.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 15: Still.Marry.Me.E15.100310.HDTV.H264.720p-CEOEpisode 16 (Finale): Still.Marry.Me.E16.END.100311.HDTV.H264.720p-CEO

Sendspace links by Cococrust Repository (Chinese hardsubbed):
Episode 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vr6tcaEpisode 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0vft9hEpisode 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0rms1hEpisode 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bor7sgEpisode 5: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvbzaeEpisode 6: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtsoqoEpisode 7: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3vihm5Episode 8: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6n6jq8Episode 9: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6gw3eqEpisode 10: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mpgg2aEpisode 11: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vu4naqEpisode 12: http://www.sendspace.com/file/py0mzmEpisode 13: http://www.sendspace.com/file/amp2wkEpisode 14: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rl1x4mEpisode 15: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kepu9zEpisode 16 (Finale): http://www.sendspace.com/file/75p8gp

Subtitles

English Subtitles by volunteers at viikii.net (palikero67)
English Subtitles by WITHS2

Watch Online

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry at Dramasub
At Dramastyle.com
At Dramafever.com (only for US and Canada)
At MySoju
At Youku with Chinese Subs

Icons & Signatures

Icons:
by Chula
by purpleZ

Signatures:
by Smartchicken
by purpleZ

Fan & Fun Stuff

Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 1
Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 2
Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 3
Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 4
Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 5
Min-jae & Shin-young's Eyes Expression part 6
Eyes Expression part 7
Eyes Expression part 8
Eyes Expression part 9
Eyes Expression part 10
Eyes Expression Episode 2
Eyes Expression Episode 3

[The Korea Herald 2010.01.15]
'Boys Over Flowers' star in new romantic series

Rom-com fans rejoice: MBC is bringing an upbeat romance to a timeslot otherwise dominated by an action-heavy period piece and a melodrama.

"Still Marry Me," a spin-off of MBC's 2004 "Marry Me," will continue to chart the escapades of its 30-something and single heroine Lee Sin-young.

When asked if "Still Marry Me" could be defined as a second season of "Marry Me," a MBC representative said over the phone. "It is not really a sequel. It has a feel that is similar to that."

Original scriptwriter Kim In-young will play a strong connective role in imbuing the upcoming drama with the same feisty characters that gave "Marry Me" its addictive zest.

"Lost And Found" actress Park Jin-hee, 32, will be replacing "Marry Me" lead Myung Se-bin as the heroine. Two new female characters, played by actresses Uhm Ji-won and Wang Bit-na, will fill in for Lee's former gal pals and carry on the girl talk legacy that led the original to be dubbed the Korean version of HBO's "Sex and the City."

But it is the new male lead that promises to garner the most attention. "Boys Over Flowers" Kim Bum is signed on to star as Lee Sin-young's hot and young love interest.

The 20-year old actor seems inclined to opt for challenging roles.

After "Boys Over Flowers," he played a K-1 fighter in SBS' "Dream" before donning the role of a "host" (someone who specializes in entertaining or catering to female clientele, usually at a bar or club) in the movie "Fly Up." Now he is tackling the role of a collegiate indie band musician who falls for an older woman. "In truth, I was very concerned about it," he expressed his initial reaction to the younger man in love with older woman plotline in a press release from MBC. The press release detailed an interview between the star and the drama's production crew.

"I think that co-star Park Jin-hee probably felt the same way."

"I even wondered if we would really be able to appear as though we were truly a couple in love," Kim Bum continued. "But filming started, I started to work with Park Jin-hee, and I thought, thanks to Lee Sin-young, this could be a warm winter, and my concerns and worries went away."

When asked about the relationship between Kim Bum's and Park Jin-hee's characters, the MBC representative answered: "It could be seen as the central romance."

According to the press release, Kim Bum and co-star Park met near Seorae Village in the early stages of filming to analyze the romantic relationship between their characters. Kim Bum also revealed that he is learning how to play the guitar for his role as a musician and composer.

In the new drama, 24-year old Ha Min-jae (Kim Bum) encounters 34-year old newsroom broadcast reporter Lee Sin-young (Park Jin-hee) on campus. The two start off quibbling when they meet again after Lee breaks Ha's guitar string because she thinks he is interfering with her reporting and then she comes to teach a special lecture class at his college. Over the weeks, Ha finds himself growing subconsciously attracted to her, an initial feeling that eventually develops into love.

"My Too Perfect Sons" actor Lee Pil-mo and "My Wife is a Superwoman" actor Choi Cheol-ho will also be starring in "Still Marry Me." Lee will be playing Lee Sin-young's ex-boyfriend. Choi is cast as an oriental medicine doctor who goes on a blind date with heroine Lee but ends up courting Lee's friend.

Slated to air next Wednesday, MBC's new drama is entering the Wednesday and Thursday night ratings race two weeks after KBS' "The Slave Hunters" started airing. "The Slave Hunters" stepped up to the ratings throne from the day it first aired and continues to remain the ratings leader, nabbing nationwide ratings of 27.2 percent (TNS Media Korea) on Wednesday.

Will "Still Marry Me" be able to put a dent in the period piece's current success?

"Still Marry Me" first airs on Jan. 20 on MBC at 9:55 p.m.

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)
By Jean Oh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread was originally started by kdramafanusa. Thanks for the first infos. Thanks for the admins for making it possible for me to take over.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramafanusa

~ Press Conference ~

[yonhap news]

Drama 'The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry'

PYH2010011409520034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Wang Bit-na, Lee Phil-mo, Um Ji-won, Park Jin-hee, Kim Beom and Choi Chul-ho (2nd L to R) -- along with director Kim Min-sik (L) pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid -30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

PYH2010011409400034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011409380034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Um Ji-won, Park Jin-hee and Wang Bit-na (L to R) smile during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

PYH2010011408650034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Lee Phil-mo, Kim Beom and Choi Chul-ho (L to R) pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

PYH2010011408640034400_P2.jpg

PYH2010011409360034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Kim Beom, Park Jin-hee and Lee Phil-mo (L to R) pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Park Jin-hee and actor Kim Beom

PYH2010011409270034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011409320034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Park Jin-hee ® and actor Kim Beom, who star in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Um Ji-won and actor Choi Chul-ho

PYH2010011409180034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Um Ji-won (L) and actor Choi Chul-ho, who star in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Park Jin-hee

PYH2010011408540034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011408590034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Park Jin-hee, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Um Ji-won

PYH2010011408950034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Um Ji-won, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid 30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Wang Bit-na

PYH2010011409110034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011409090034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Wang Bit-na, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," enters a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Lee Phil-mo

PYH2010011409150034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Lee Phil-mo, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Kim Beom

PYH2010011409240034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011409220034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Kim Beom, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Choi Chul-ho

PYH2010011409140034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Choi Chul-ho, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

PYH2010011409390034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Wang Bit-na, Um Ji-won and Park Jin-hee (L to R) smile during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

PYH2010011409440034400_P2.jpgPYH2010011409350034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" -- Lee Phil-mo, Kim Beom and Choi Chul-ho (L to R) talk to each other during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean director Kim Min-sik

PYH2010011408700034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean director Kim Min-sik responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event for the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Park Jin-hee

PYH2010011408780034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Park Jin-hee, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," holds a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Um Ji-won

PYH2010011409080034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Um Ji-won, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Wang Bit-na

PYH2010011408870034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Wang Bit-na, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Lee Phil-mo

PYH2010011408910034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Lee Phil-mo, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Choi Chul-ho

PYH2010011409290034400_P2.jpg

Jan. 14, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Choi Chul-ho, who stars in the new drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 14. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the love stories of three women in their mid-30s, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 20. (Yonhap)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[HQ from MBC website]

left to right: PD Kim Min-Shik, Wang Bit-Na, Lee Pil-Mo, Uhm Ji-Won, Park Jin-Hee, Kim Beom, Choi Cheol-Ho

201001141718521.JPG

Park Jin-Hee

201001141720361_2.JPG

Uhm Ji-Won

201001141720361.JPG

Wang Bit-Na

201001141720361_3.JPG

Lee Pil-Mo

201001141720361_4.JPG

Kim Beom

201001141720361_5.JPG

Choi Cheol-Ho

201001141720361_6.JPG

Uhm Ji-Won, Park Jin-Hee, Wang Bit-Na

20100114172661_2.JPG

20100114172661.JPG

Kim Beom, Park Jin-Hee

201001141720361_7.JPG

~

PD Kim Min-Shik

201001141728421.JPG

Wang Bit-Na, Uhm Ji-Won, Park Jin-Hee

201001141728421_3.JPG

Lee Pil-Mo, Kim Beom, Choi Cheol-Ho

201001141728421_2.JPG

Park Jin-Hee

201001141729111.JPG

Uhm Ji-Won

201001141729111_2.JPG

Wang Bit-Na

20100114172661_3.JPG

Choi Cheol-Ho

201001141728421_4.JPG

Guest kdramafanusa

~ Praying Ceremony (December 31, 2009) ~

201001041521391_P.JPG

201001041521392_P.JPG

201001041521393_P.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Script Reading ~

200912161622201_4.JPG

Director Kim Min-Shik

200912161622201_2.JPG

Park Jin-Hee

200912161622201_3.JPG

Uhm Ji-Won

200912161622201_5.JPG

Wang Bit-Na

200912161622201_7.JPG

Lee Pil-Mo

200912161622201_6.JPG

Kim Beom

200912161622201.JPG

Choi Cheol-Ho

200912161622201_8.JPG

Source: MBC

Thanks for starting this thread kdramafanusa ! :)

Preview 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqjZhi1ssY4

Preview 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8jFrZEeok

--------

From http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/12/kim-bum-...nger-boyfriend/

Kim Bum cast as Park Jin-hee’s younger boyfriend

Interesting! Kim Bum has been confirmed for MBC’s upcoming The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry, which stars Eom Ji-won and is a sequel to 2004’s The Woman Who Wants To Marry. He’s currently busy with initial character work, as he’ll be playing the younger boyfriend to Park Jin-hee (War of Money) — their characters have a 12-year age gap.

The main story centers around three thirtysomething women (Wang Bit-na rounds out the trio along with Eom Ji-won are Park Jin-hee) who are getting fresh new starts in different ways. Wang, for instance, breaks things off with her fiancé, while Park Jin-hee starts a romance with a much younger man (Kim Bum). I wonder if he’ll be a contender for a serious relationship or more of a boy toy. Either way, it’s a great way to stir younger viewer interest while also satisfying the drama’s target base, since Kim Bum has serious noona appeal.

Before that show broadcasts in 2010, though, he’ll also be making a cameo appearance in family sitcom High Kick Through the Roof, which is the spin-off series of the show that made him a star, Unstoppable High Kick. He will be the next actor from the old cast to reappear in the new show, after Kim Hye-sung showed up in Episode 1 and Jung Il-woo in Episode 35. He’ll be featured in Episode 72 as the university student nephew to Kim Ja-ok; he stays at her house and makes an impression on Hwang Jung-eum’s character.

Kim Bum finished filming his part on the evening of December 11. His good buddy Jung Il-woo came to cheer him on, although they didn’t appear together (and when Jung filmed his own cameo, Kim Bum was there). Kim said, “I’m extremely happy to be filming with director Kim Byung-wook again. Most of the staff members are the same from Unstoppable High Kick so it felt comfortable and fun, like coming home.”

--------

From http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/woman-wh...iere-mid-month/

Woman Who Still Wants To Marry to premiere mid-month

The cast has been filled out for MBC’s upcoming The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry, and the drama recently held its prayer ceremony as the drama team readies for its mid-January premiere.

The drama features three thirtysomething women and their love lives and careers, centering around Park Jin-hee, Eom Ji-won, and Wang Bit-na. Originally, I had thought Eom Ji-won was the lead role, but instead it will be Park Jin-hee, who takes over the character played by Myung Se-bin in the original 2004 drama The Woman Who Wants to Marry (which also starred Lee Tae-ran and Byun Jung-soo).

Meanwhile, the lead’s friends and love interests are all new characters. The three lead men will be played by Choi Chul-ho (Partner, Queen of Housewives), Lee Pil-mo (Sons of Sol Pharmacy), and Kim Bum (Dream).

Park Jin-hee’s character is a reporter who starts dating a man twelve years her junior (Kim Bum). In order to prepare for her role, she underwent training with real MBC reporters, whom she shadowed and studied.

Eom Ji-won plays an interpreter who, in the below-pictured scene, shouts up at a second-story window drunkenly, feeling hurt and wronged by the boyfriend who dumped her. (The catch? The man has already moved to a new place and the new tenant is hardly pleased at the inconvenience, dousing her with water.) To shoot the scene, Eom had to suffer through the water-dousing in freezing-cold weather with snow still on the ground, and the PD expressed his sorriness at putting his actress through such discomfort (apparently the writer had imaged it being summer when writing this particular moment).

The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry replaces MBC’s current drama Hero on Wednesdays and Thursdays later this month.

--------

From http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/jin-bum-...wants-to-marry/

Jin-Bum couple in the Woman Who Still Wants to Marry

20100108161525194.jpg

23701_1.jpg

Aww. I’ll admit that when 20-year-old Kim Bum was first cast to play 32-year-old Park Jin-hee’s boyfriend in the upcoming Woman Who Still Wants To Marry, I wasn’t sure how this would play out. She’s gorgeous and youthful, but Kim Bum — well, he’s practically a baby, right? But seeing the latest stills from the drama, I’m starting to think they make a really cute couple…

Their real-life age difference is preserved In the MBC drama, which stars Park as a television reporter and Kim as a genius musician in an indie band. Kim expressed his own reservations about the romantic storyline, saying, “To be honest, the older-woman-younger-man romance is a part that really concerned me. I’m sure that my co-star Park Jin-hee felt the same way. I even wondered whether we would be able to act as people really in love. However, as filming began and I started working with Park Jin-hee, I had the thought that thanks to [her character] Lee Shin-young the cold winter would feel warmer, and my worries went away.”

Kim had also hesitated to take the role after filming two dramas last year, which kept him incredibly busy (those would be Boys Before Flowers and Dream). Taking this role meant not getting much time off, but he met with the writer and director, “and I felt something warming in my heart. I think it’s my good fortune to have joined the team of The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry.”

In order to prepare for his role, Kim Bum has been busily learning how to play the guitar. He described his character as: “Ha Min-jae is a songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist as well as his band’s leader. Whenever I don’t have filming, I’m learning how to play the guitar.”

The drama replaces Hero in two weeks on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

--------

From http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/park-jin...-injury-on-set/

Park Jin-hee works despite injury on set

20100108092303699.jpg

With little more than a week left till the drama’s premiere, the new MBC drama The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry briefly halted filming due to an injury sustained by its lead actress, Park Jin-hee, but resumed quickly thereafter.

The accident happened while filming a scene where Park’s reporter character goes to request an interview with a boxing gym director, and is punched and collapses. However, Park injured her back while shooting, and her management stated, “After shooting the movie Her Mother [친정엄마], she hasn’t rested even a day with drama shoots, and with the frequent heavy snows and cold weather, her body has suffered, which is why she injured her back.” Furthermore, this is said to be a lingering aftereffect from a car accident ten years ago. “However, because of the shooting schedule, she hasn’t had time to go to the hospital for treatment so she is applying hot packs temporarily.” She plans to go to the hospital following the drama’s production press conference on the 14th, and will continue working for the time being.

There has been mention of the heavy snowfall being problematic for several drama productions, because their schedules are so tight that it’s difficult to work around unplanned weather constraints. With the launch looming for this show, I’m sure everyone feels the pressure, but it sounds like another case of overworking to me…

The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry is set for a January 20 premiere.

--------

From official website

4h9s01.jpg

5wz4p4.jpg

15qx15i.jpg

23hu25e.jpg

309klt1.jpg

258s8w0.jpg

30hq3nk.jpg

20k8yf8.jpg

5uk229.jpg

1zzpc9z.jpg

2q3p303.jpg

e16nu0.jpg

2zzjbpd.jpg

Guest aureliahicks

Translation for Cast Character

Lee Sinyoung (34 years old, Park Jinhee)

Why does life only give me hard homework? Even now at my age I just lose my way and get lost. Whatever just hand me my eyecream.

Reporter of UBN broadcasting company. Faithful and sincere type. The first-round possible lay-off person in company. Even if she is not married she is still positive and bright.

She almost could have married with a man whom she met again during interview, whom she actually met 10 years ago during her university life. But her love failed again because of her chance of training at Washington. After she came back from Washington 2 years passed, and she got his marriage news. After several heartbreaking failures, she decided to devote herself to work only. But a stroke made all her plan mess-up. Her mouth got twisted and her heart was once again torn off. She had feelings for the doctor whom she met when she was getting treated, but sadly a misinterpretation happened when she got a chocolate from him. Therefore her love ended tragically like that..

While she was despairing about her own life, the man appeared. Every part of him looked nice. Romance which it would be my first, Love which it would be my last. However, he is 10 years younger than me. Should I go or stop… Oh this hard road of love….

Jung Dajung (34 years old, Um Jiwon)

I am perfect. I will find a nice man who matches well with me. No compromising with me!

Simultaneous translator. An intelligent and a beautiful woman who seek noble grace. In other people’s eyes, she has everything.. Brand-name goods are suitable for her. She is overconscious how other people appreciate her. She is a little hot-tempered and cannot hide her emotion. She doesn’t have many experience about making love. So, she is not familiar with reading what male think and feel. She is naïve, but materialistic, that is, she likes handsome and wealthy men. She realized her dream from the hard situation and she think she deserve to meet high level man.

She hope to meet reliable man, then, attend couple party as well as wheel baby carriage together with husband. So, she set up a plan to marry within a year. To do that, she wait a nice single man who has tall height, high salary, attractive manner and no experience of love with other girl. She took shot on TV, CF to make herself known well, but she gets cheated.

Finally, she succeeded to marry with a oriental doctor who looks perfect. But, life is not easy. Extraordinary problem what she never anticipate crashes into her marriage.

Kim Buki (34 years old, Wang Bitna)

My specialty is fishing men, then, set them free when I get bored. The world is wide and there are a lot of male. I am a precious woman.

Famous restaurant consultant. She consulted everything for restaurant (Menu, interior, table setting, service educating) as well as party planning. She has instinct for new trend. She believes in her own refined taste. She has a talent to win at adventure game. Cool and straight-forward character. She manages her life positively, warm to her friends.

She found interests in life after her divorce. She learns martial arts from her master. But, she keeps her marshal art skill in secret, except emergency situations

After she bought land with her saving, she left for Swiss to learn hotel management. 5 years later, after she came back to Korea the land price went high. She became a famous consultant who can make restaurants successful if it is once related with her.

Happy and exciting life except her friend, Sinyoung and Dajung who are involved with difficult love. But one day, she finds one baby lied in front of her house front door.

Na Bansuk (34 years old, Choi Chulho)

I am trying to find real love of my life. But why do all girls only look at my salary. Every girl are divided into two types. One is materialistic type, the other is not pretty type.

Straight and standard clean male. Handsome oriental doctor at the most famous hospital. First class bridegroom with a handsome face, good body, good school career, capability in many things. But, he is not familiar with love making because of his purity. After he got separated with her girlfriend who did not like his medical service to poor places, he did not have a single chance to make real love. He thinks if the spirit can be shared with him, age or even divorce career doesn’t matter.

Good doctor who has a pride to help other people. He spent hard days for a while because of Sinyoung who was introduced to him as a girl friend and didn’t call him. After that happening, he proposed to one pretty simultaneous interpreter, but he becomes embarrassed when he heard that she is a friend of Sinyoung.

He meets his divorcing crisis when he thinks it is time to accomplish his dream about marriage.

Yoon Sangwoo (34 year old, Lee Pilmo)

How could I love a married lady who was 8 years older than me. Maybe I was punished. I just can’t stop this feeling.

Second pilot of an aircraft. Former boyfriend of Lee Sinyoung whom he almost succeeded to marry. Man who is suitable with uniform. Man who is selected as most attractive man in company.

He meet Sinyoung again 10 years after he had met her first time at university. He fell in love again and thought this is some kind of invisible tie. But, he gets hurt again when Sinyoung left him for company training. So, he treated Sinyoung cruelly. He send invitation letter of marriage even his marriage was broken out.. He purposely send invitation to let her know his cracked marriage. He waited for her response.

While he searched for his new house to live, he met a pretty lady who want divorce. Also she is 10 years older than him. His mind is disturbed. He did not understand himself. His purpose was recovering Sinyoung’s mind, But, why is he disturbed by another lady.

How this kind of lady, who has same emotion, taste, understand each other well, came to world before me and spend time with another person. Really, I want to share her difficulty with me.

Ha Minjae (24 years old, Kim Bum)

Close your youth with me. I will love you until death.

First class university student majoring business. Talented musician. An attractive bad boy. A well-known music composer in an university society.

After he met Bansuk as a private tutor, Both built friendship in spite of their age gap. He coaches Bansuk’s love affair at this time.

He grew in family where his parent’s relationship is not so familiar. So, he is a little premature and cynical to love. Also he is not brave to reveal his feeling.

Sometimes considerate, sometimes blunt, unpredictable.

He does not trust love, he likes to play with a mind of girl. Sometimes he hurts a girl, but doesn’t feel sorry. None of those are my business, it is your problem that you love me. He says that but is lonely inside. Maybe he can be burst out if there are any chance.

He met Sinyoung again, who cut his guitar string saying that it interrupts her interview. Both hated each other and growled at each other whenever they met. But later he starts to think Sinyoung is cute. And he also feels jealous about Bansuk when Bansuk hurt by Sinyoung’s unconsciousness of contact. But he disregard those jealousy and suggest Bansuk to play betting about “Seduce Sinyoung” But, during working on Sinyoung, he start to love her really and at last he confesses his love.

Credit : ALLKoreanDrama

Guest Natsumi_sshi

Kim Bum looks so hot in the stills and PC. And it's going to be a big challenge for him. I hope if does better tha Dream, because he really deserves it. Looking forward to watching this. Great cast!

Withs2 will most likely sub this, but does anyone know a good place to get raws?

Also for all you SoEul fans out there (BOF) Kim Bum this time around is in The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry whereas Kim So Eun was in The Man Who Can't Get Married last year. Ironic eh? ;):lol: <3

Guest kdramafanusa

[PREVIEW] MBC TV series "Woman Who Still Wants to Marry"

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun | five@10asia.co.kr

기사입력 2010.01.15 16:47 최종수정 2010.01.15 16:47

2010011514204714761_1.jpg

Actresses Uhm Ji-won, Park Jin-hee and Wang Bitna [MBC]

Sometimes, a title will speak for itself. MBC TV series "The Woman Who Wants to Marry," received strong support from women in 2004 by comically yet realistically portraying the life of 32-year-old TV reporter Lee Shin-young (played by Myung Se-bin) who is worried about work, dating and marriage. A 34-year-old and still single Lee Shin-young, played by Park Jin-hee this time, appeared at a press conference for "The Woman who Still Wants to Marry" (tentative title) held at the Sherton Grand Walkerhill hotel on Thursday.

Shin-young receives a wedding invitation from co-pilot Sang-woo (played by Lee Pil-mo) whom she almost got married to until he had to leave for Washington to undergo training. She also spots her was-seemingly new perfect boyfriend with another girl on the scene of a fire at a motel after having received the most glamorous proposal to be his girlfriend. And her relationship with blind date Na Ban-suk (played by Choi Chul-ho) ends up fizzling out after a few misunderstandings. After going through a series of several more such unfortunate incidents, Shin-young declares she will never marry. But she unexpectedly falls into love with Ha Min-jae (played by Kim Bum) whom she runs into at a college she went to give a lecture at. Meanwhile, her friend and simultaneous translator Da-jung (played by Uhm Ji-won) has a hard time looking for Mr. Right while restaurant consultant Boo-gi (Wang Bitna) prefers to enjoy her life as it comes. It will be interesting to see how scenarist Kim In-young, who has displayed her talent throughout the genres of comedy, romance and drama, collaborates with director Kim Min-shik of MBC's sitcom "Nonstop" series and TV series "Queen of Housewives" to tell this story which sounds commonplace yet unpredictable.

Anticipation quotient

If all of your daily drinking buddies are now married: 8

If you cannot imagine going out with a pretty boy around your nephew's age: 7

"Marry" will not have an easy time up against KBS TV series "Chuno" which has already surpassed ratings of 20 percent into its second week of showing and following "Hero" which ended its run this week with ratings of around five percent. But like Park Jin-hee says, the difference between the two dramas could work to the advantage of "Marry" and attract viewers from the opposite side of the scale. If so, producer Kim Min-shik's may not be making a hopeful wish by stating, "If 'Chuno' is about one who chases slaves during the Joseon Dynasty, we will become the one that chases after 'Chuno'."

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr, Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[PHOTO] Female cast of new MBC drama pose at press conf

Photographer : Lee Ki-bum | metro83@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.01.15 16:47 최종수정 2010.01.15 16:47

2010011515182405319_1.jpg

Actresses Uhm Ji-won, Park Jin-hee and Wang Bit-na [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily]

From left, actresses Uhm Ji-won, Park Jin-hee and Wang Bit-na pose during a photo session of a press conference for the new MBC TV series tentatively titled "Woman Who Still Wants to Marry" held at the Sheraton Grand Walkerhill hotel on January 14, 2010.

Photographer : Lee Ki-bum metro83@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

~

[PHOTO] Male cast of new MBC drama pose at press conf

Photographer : Lee Ki-bum | metro83@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.01.15 16:46 최종수정 2010.01.15 16:46

2010011515151489557_1.jpg

Actors Lee Pil-mo, Kim Bum and Choi Chul-ho [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily]

From left, actors Lee Pil-mo, Kim Bum and Choi Chul-ho pose during a photo session of a press conference for the new MBC TV series tentatively titled "Woman Who Still Wants to Marry" held at the Sheraton Grand Walkerhill hotel on January 14, 2010.

Photographer : Lee Ki-bum metro83@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

Guest purpleZ

Thanks for the update, kdramafanusa! I can't wait to watch this one. Jo Han Seon will have a cameo appearance in it? Cool. They did the movie "Sweet Lies" together too ^__^

Archived