Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Comments

• HeshieHeshie Posts: 617Member
    Wait... I just bought some bb cream, and I'm not sure how to use it... is there some specific order? I know I'll probably have to use a cleanser first, but it's like cover up makeup right? So do I need to reapply? Should I put moisturizer on first? and... uhm, at the end of the day, just wash it off with cleanser right?
  • xp0kablesxp0kables Posts: 512Member
    QUOTE (choco_banana @ Oct 3 2009, 07:00 PM) »
    I received the Skinfood Peach Sake BB cream this week! I will do a review on it soon!

I've used it twice and I found that its shade is darker than the Skinfood Aloe Sun BB cream that I am currently using. I got Shade 2 in both of the BB creams.
    The Skinfood peach sake BB cream makes me less ghastly pale but I am not sure if i like this one more than the Aloe one.

Does shade 2 have a yellow or pink undertone?
    Fly To The Sky.Shinhwa.DBSK.Super Junior.SHINee
    Big Bang
    .2PM.WonderGirls
    Shop
  • icee_queenicee_queen CanadaPosts: 203Member
    There were a couple of soompiers looking for bb creams that suit a tanner skin tone (NC 25+).
    I would recommand the following:
    - Missha Vita (this bb cream is even darker than Perfect Cover #23 and has a smooth finish)
    - Missha Perfect Cover #23 (near by skin tone NC 25)
    - Missha Watery (Darker complextion NC 30+ but is very sheer)

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin 79 Oriential bb cream
    Coverage: Sheer coverage with shimmer - good makeup foundation for clubbing
    Texture: Light
    Shade: Light to fair light NC 25 and under
    Fragrance: Light flowery fragrance (pleasent smell)
    Oil-Control: Fair
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte finish
    Overall comments: I really like the ingredients in this product
    Here is the description: The oriental tea blending ingredients including: white tea, green tea, black tea to keep skin brighter and frimer. The oriental tea newplex and nano vita silk containing silk Amino acid and Vitamin type ingredients to keep skin healthy by improving skin moistureization and resilience.

Skin type: slightly oily at T-zone area
    Skin tone: Nc 20 in the winter and darker NC25 in the summer
    Skin undertone: yellow
    Skincare Regime: Cleanser+ Moistureizer+ Pore Minimizer + night cream

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin 79 Crystal Pearl bb cream
    Coverage: Sheer coverage with slight shimmer from diamond powder (main ingredient)
    Texture: Light
    Shade: Light NC 20 and under
    Fragrance: Light flowery fragrance (pleasent smell)
    Oil-Control: Fair
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte finish
    Overall comments:
    Once again Skin79 has not failed to surprise me with the lastest product of bb cream with a new ingredient: diamond powder)
    Here is the description on the box: The Diamond collection BB line keeps skin healthy from harmful environment and sensitive stimulation with Diamond Powder. Blomming Jewel Complex making skin more shimmering and shining like jewelry through light diffusion effect and Flora Bouquet Complex.

Some main feautres :
    - Diamond Powder
    -Lighting 3D effect (I guess this is like HD effect)

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha Vita bb cream SPF 20
    Coverage: Medium-buildable (good coverage)
    Texture: Smooth, creamy
    Shade: Fair-medium to medium shade (NC 25+)
    Fragrance: lovely fragrance
    Oil-Control: excellent oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte
    Overall comments: I really like this bb cream since it has 7 vitamins/natural ingredients and has a smooth texture

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Etude House precious mineral bb cream (white-sheer silky) #1
    Coverage: light coverage
    Texture: smooth, silky
    Shade: Light (NC 20 and under)
    Fragrance: light floral scent
    Oil-Control: Sheer oil control
    Overall comments:
    This bb cream is suited for those with light complextions only. If you are NC20 + you shouldnt try this since it will give you a ashy look.

Main features :
    - Anti winkles + whitening
    - Anti Darkening

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin 79 Dream Girls SPF 30+
    Coverage: light-medium coverage
    Texture: light
    Shade: NC25 and under
    Oil-Control: good oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): matte
    Overall comments:
    This bb cream is targeted towards teenagers who need oil control and conceals skin on trouble areas
    Box Description :
    This is multi functional bb cream. Extracts from licorice and portulacae are good at skin, irration, care trouble and protect skin. It evens out the skin tone, makes trouble areas, intercept ultraviolet rays UV A & B at the same time so it is an essential cosmetic cream for junionrs.
    Papaya Extrac keeps your sensitive skin soft and clean

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin Food Gingko Green bb cream #1
    Coverage: medium (good coverage)
    Texture: smooth
    Shade: NC 25 and under
    Fragrance: light green tea scent (smells really good)
    Oil-Control: good oily control
    Overall comments:
    This bb cream really appeals to me b/c it contains fresh fruits/herbal ingredients. Also the scent is quite different from other bb cream brands and the coverage is excellent
    Product Description :
    This product is formulated with Gingko and green tea extracts: which are full of beauty enhancing ingredients like lecitin and vitamin B to mositurize and nourish the skin. This is multi-functional skin care product for both skin correction and skin protection.

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skinfood Aloe Sun bb cream #1 SPF 20
    Coverage: Medium buildable
    Texture: Smooth, creamy
    Shade: NC 25 and under
    Fragrance: lovely aloe scent (quite refreshing! image
    Oil-Control: good oil control for t-zone
    Overall comments:
    This product smells wonderful and natural ingredients unlike other bb cream.
    Product Description :
    Rich with aloe, which possesses excellent hydrating properties and soothing effect. This mult- functional skin care product (UV protector & blemish coorector) provides mositure and nutrition to your skin while providing protection from UV rays.

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha BB Boomer (primer)
    Coverage: shimmery coverage that brightens up your skin
    Texture: light
    Shade: light pearl pink
    Oil-Control: none
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy finish
    Overall comments:
    I'm quite pleased with this primer since it leaves my skin brighter, more radiant and moisturized
    Dr.Jart + other bb cream survey with free samples (canada+USA)
    survey // status //shop

Shop discount

• shoppingfreak614shoppingfreak614 Posts: 328Member
    For those looking for BB creams targeted towards darker skintones, I am NC 30 in MAC, and Missha perfect cover #23 works for me.
    Missha M Vita works for me as well, the D.Jart Black Label is really close to my skintone.
    Missha Watery is dark enough, but i didnt like the sparkles in it =.=

I have neutral undertones, and a tannned asian.
    Actually, i also have some skinfood and skin79, and with much blending and alittle bronzer, they look fine on my skin.
    I would go with the missha perfect cover though, one of my faves, and a good one to start with image
    imageimage

Credit: Anita

DBSK SUJU BIGBANG KAT-TUNARE LOVES.
  • PrettyJiwonPrettyJiwon chicagoPosts: 126Member
    I didn't know there was BB cream for darker skin? I will probably stick with the one I use though. It's not a lot of work(or make up) to just put on some bronzer over it. It is made for Asian skin. I am only dark when I tan and because I live in Arizona, but even still it matches my natural color.

And even though some say its not good coverage, i think it is. I can wear it without bronzer and concealer sometimes.
    [url="http://wangjastyle.blogspot.com"]My Asian Beauty & Fashion Blog[/url]
  • amakusaamakusa Posts: 8Member
    Missha Perfect Cover #21
    Coverage: medium (covers acne scars pretty well)
    Texture: smooth, light
    Shade: I got the lighter shade with yellow undertones. Unfortunately it's too dark for my super pale skin.
    Fragrance: faint lotion-like smell
    Oil-Control: good oil control
    Dewy or Matte : dewy
    Overall comments: Aside from the shade being too dark for my skin, it's awesome. The oil control is good and it's really easy to spread. After five days of use I noticed my skin looking visibly healthier.

Skin type: acne prone, combo
    Skin tone: close to NC15 or lighter
    Skincare Regime: gentle cleanser, alcohol-free toner, moisturizer

Are there any bb creams that are of lighter shade than Missha #21?

• fahrenheitlove&lt;3fahrenheitlove<3 CanadaPosts: 193Member
    has anyone tried the BRTC jasmine BB cream? i've been debating between that one and the gold caviar one haha
  • LeMoN_sQuEeZyLeMoN_sQuEeZy Posts: 1,031Member

IDOL

can anyone answer my question??
    It's the first post of this page, which is75
  • TiffanyTiffany MinnesotaPosts: 340Member
    edited October 2009
    So I'm getting my first BB Cream ever and I don't really know if I should put the Boomer on first or together with the BB Cream?

Never mind I found out how to use it image
  • aishiteruhoneyaishiteruhoney Elite Member Castle OblivionPosts: 1,221Member
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Lioele Beyond The Solution
    Coverage: Very good,buildable
    Texture: Creamy/liquidy
    Shade: Light beige
    Fragrance: None
    Oil-Control: Surprisingly good, lasted about 5 hours for me until I had to blot~
    Overall comments: It was waaay too light for me when applied by itself, so I had to dust a bit of mineral foundation over it.. it makes a good primer, though!

Skin type: Acne-prone/Oily
    Skin tone: Light in BareMineral
    Skin undertone: Yellow
    Skincare Regime: Aveeno Clear Complexion Foam Cleanser -> Body Shop TTO toner -> Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer
  • Sup3rst4rSup3rst4r CanadaPosts: 71Member
    edited October 2009
    I have recently just bought Skin79's CRYSTAL PEARL BB CREAM 35g. I'm wondering if any have used it and would review it, as there doesn't seem to be any reviews on the home page. It is the hot pink one, not the light pink. Thank you =)

♥ ♥ ♥
  • ARIARI Posts: 264Member

ROOKIE

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Dr. G Hydra Intensive Blemish Balm SPF 30 PA++ (BB Cream)(60mL)

Coverage: medium
    Texture: liquidy-creamy
    Shade: yellow toned
    Fragrance: smells nice?
    Oil-Control: not good -not recommended for those with oily skin!
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments:
    -this would be good for those with dry skin and of a darker shade

Skin type: combination, acne-prone
    Skin tone: fair
    Skin undertone: pink

I just opened this for testing and have to let it go b/c its way too dark for me! Please pm me if you’re interested!

α β

selling Dr. G Hydra Intensive Blemish Balm SPF 30 PA++ (BB Cream)(60mL) - please pm!
  • InfiniteTimeInfiniteTime sue me. San FranciscoPosts: 2,971Member

IDOL

are there fake ones? because i'm in guangzhou right now and i see stores within stores selling them... and im not sure if i should buy them or not because i dont see anywhere else that has them and plus china is famous for imation items right? if there are fake ones, how do we tell? o_o
  • bebexlovebebexlove Posts: 3,059Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (LeMoN_sQuEeZy @ Oct 5 2009, 07:26 PM) »
    Is Ipkin Multi-Make Up Finish a BB Cream also?
    The lady told me it was so I bought it, but i'm not sure
    It says that it has makeup base, foundation, and sunscreen.

anyone?

Yes it is a BB cream, it doesn't say it.. but it is. (:

There is a lot of BB creams out there that don't say they are a "BB cream" but they are. ^^

• chrissatineechrissatinee Brooklyn, NYPosts: 7,219Member

IDOL

QUOTE (InfiniteTime @ Oct 9 2009, 10:37 AM) »
    are there fake ones? because i'm in guangzhou right now and i see stores within stores selling them... and im not sure if i should buy them or not because i dont see anywhere else that has them and plus china is famous for imation items right? if there are fake ones, how do we tell? o_o

I saw lots of them when I was at GZ. I can't tell whether they are fake or not but I choose not to trust it. BB Cream is for your face, so sepnd a little more buying a real one instead of having a risk of ruining your face. I saw Missha BB Cream for 8 or 10 RMB. And if you saw those at those little shopping centers, .. then it's more of a chance it's fake I suppose because the contacts there are too.
  • shoppingfreak614shoppingfreak614 Posts: 328Member
    ^ I was in China recently, and bought my Missha perfect cover BB cream for 100 rmb at a Korean boutique. It was located in a mall, and had really pretty interior with pure white display. They also had etude house, laneige, and skin79.
    I was sure that my BB cream was real, because they aren't expensive to buy in asia. And that around $17 cad seemed right.
    Just go with your gut.
    imageimage

Credit: Anita

DBSK SUJU BIGBANG KAT-TUNARE LOVES.
  • LeMoN_sQuEeZyLeMoN_sQuEeZy Posts: 1,031Member

IDOL

QUOTE (bebexlove @ Oct 9 2009, 12:38 PM) »
    Yes it is a BB cream, it doesn't say it.. but it is. (:

There is a lot of BB creams out there that don't say they are a "BB cream" but they are. ^^

OOOOO yeah:)
    Thank You for answering:D
  • bonta_kun_4evabonta_kun_4eva Posts: 67Member
    Could someone recommend a bb cream for the winter?
  • evz88evz88 Posts: 817Member

ROOKIE

edited October 2009
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha Perfect Cover
    Coverage: sheer to medium, buildable - doesn't cover my undereye circles
    Texture: Creamy
    Shade: #21
    Fragrance: smells like baby powder, not too strong
    Oil-Control: all good for about 4-5 hours but after that my t-zone area gets a bit oily and you can see small patches of bb cream, especially on my nose >_< but this is only noticeable from a very close distance
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy
    Overall comments: This was my first bb cream and I have been using it for half a year now, it hasn't broken me out which is good however I noticed on the packaging for this one Mineral Oil is not an ingredient but for the new bottle I bought Mineral Oil is so I'm worried if the new one would cause my skin to react differently =/ When squeezed onto your hand it looks kind of greyish however when its on the face can't really tell. Sometimes I feel its a tad light for me but I'm not sure if I should try #23 since that has a pink undertone and looks quite a bit darker. It covers discolouration well but not blemishes and dark circles so I use separate concealers for that.

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Etude House Precious Minerals
    Coverage: sheer to medium, buildable - it has a bit more coverage than Missha
    Texture: Creamy/liquidy (a bit more liquid than Missha)
    Shade: #2
    Fragrance: can't really describe it.. but i love it! its also not too strong
    Oil-Control: about the same as Missha
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy
    Overall comments: I just recently got this to try out since I've nearly finished my first bottle of Missha and thought maybe there is something better out there before I open my backup bottle. When I first squeezed it out on my hand I noticed it didn't have a grey cast like Missha has, it looks light beigey yellow. I find its more liquid than Missha so is easier to spread. I feel it is slightly darker than Missha so fits my face a tad better. I also found it covered more than Missha did, however to completely cover my dark circles I still need concealer. There is no mineral oil found on the ingredients list which is good and I've tested it about 3 times now, hasn't broken me out.

Skin type: Combination
    Skin tone: use to use Everyday Minerals but mixed my own colour so not sure what it was exactly.. since its seems like most people talk about skintone in mac foundation colours, from all the photos i've seen i think im a nc20-25?
    Skin undertone: Yellow
    Skincare Regime: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Foaming Cream -> Cetaphil Moisturising Cream

I really don't see much of a difference between these 2 bb creams.. I'm not sure which I should keep using because I've used Missha for a long time now but its slightly too light sometimes and the new one has Mineral Oil so I'm afraid it might be bad since people say Mineral Oil is bad? on the other hand, I haven't used the Etude House long enough to know if its really good or not though I feel it has slightly better coverage >_<

Here are pictures of comparison:

My nose on the left side of my face has a bit of shadow to it in both pics, its not what the Etude did not cover because in person the redness around my nose actually looks less for Etude than Missha. I feel on camera Missha looks slightly better but in person Etude looks slightly better @_@

Here is completely Etude House: (no flash natural light)

Here is completely Missha: (flash and indoor light - I'll take one that is no flash natural light next time when I wear Missha full face, this pic is just a photo I have on my comp. at the moment)

so which one looks better? i have trouble deciding because they look quite similar to me =/
    xmascat.png
    ♥ Official shop ♥ Facebook shop ♥ Soompi shop ♥
    Selling clothing from popular reputable Taiwan brands
    US$10 Flat rate or Free International Shipping
  • hAppynotehAppynote over there.Posts: 250Member
    edited October 2009
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream #2
    Coverage: Light to Medium.
    --> Some of the redness from my blemishes show through but it cover the redness around my nose
    Texture: Liquid to powder.
    --> As you rub it into your skin, it turns powdery almost. It feels like Eucerin lotion - the BB is not oily, turns dry on contact but moisturizing like that lotion.
    Shade: #2 is a bit too light for me and i thought i was an NC25.
    Fragrance: Pleasant, light, almost fruity smell. Isn't overpowering and fades away fast
    Oil-Control: It's alright, but my forehead still gets a bit oily.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy. Your skin looks moisturized but not oily.
    Overall comments: I like this bbcream! People comment on my skin when I use it. At first it seemed to be making it worse, but now my skin doesn't react funny and seems to heal when i do use it. Since it's a bit light for me, I use my Milani Sunset duo bronzer to darken it and it's looks just fine.

Skin type: Combo- oily t-zone but dry skin everywhere else
    Skin tone: I thought I was an NC25 but i'm not so sure now
    Skincare Regime: Cleanser & moisturizer