Skype Official Thread

Irony.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

Love skype! Great video and sound quality.

BUT... I have a skype problem.

Alot of times when I talk to someone on skype, their voice seems to go 'roboty' and fuzzy, and repeats itself.

When this happens to me, the other person can hear me fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying, and I want to know how to fix it.

Something I'd like to know...

QUESTION: do you pronounce skype "sky-puh" or "sky-pee"?

Guest missdevotional

I use skype for people overseas usually :)

dont really skype people i see on a daily basis unless its a group voicechat

just more efficient than msn videocall or whatever :P

not many people i know have it though.

skype is fun ^^

Love skype! Great video and sound quality.

BUT... I have a skype problem.

Alot of times when I talk to someone on skype, their voice seems to go 'roboty' and fuzzy, and repeats itself.

When this happens to me, the other person can hear me fine.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying, and I want to know how to fix it.

Something I'd like to know...

QUESTION: do you pronounce skype "sky-puh" or "sky-pee"?

Isn't it Sky with a p at the end? o.o

My voice lags for some reason. It's pretty annoying... prolly the crappy college internet.

i use skype a lot! the sound quality is awesome and the calls don't drop as frequently as it does on msn (well, for me at least). i use it because i some friends across the country so it's easier to talk to them on that. :)

Guest InfiniteTime

I read on the news that in China if you were to use Skpe here to talk to your friends videos are leaked out or something? Is this true? I'm currently studying here and I use it to chat with friends but when I read this news I wasn't so sure if I want to use it anymore. So I was wondering anyone else heard about this?

ID: omgitsjade1

wow, didn't know there was a skype thread. :D I use it like, daily, but I'm usually talking to japanese friends lol. conversations tend to be 100% Japanese with tidbits of English if I don't understand them, lol. Ofc, if anyone wants to chat, lemme know. :D

I pronounce skype as "skaip" XD

Guest x kisekiboshi

i don't like how skype doesn't allow for 3+ people in a video chat. :/ but the sound quality is definitely awesome.

i also run into problems that my video looks choppy (to me), but the video quality of my friends isn't choppy at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pepsi_twist9

I heard there were legal issues with Skype: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/biz-tech/...90731-e3qe.html

I don't think this issue has been solved yet, especially since it was only issued at the end of July this year, but there's a battle for the licensing used in Skype. They say if Skype loses a similar program will come out. No news on how this is, unless if people know.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cantabile

Skype ID: epiklycara

I try to use it as much as possible. I just moved from San Diego to Florida and a lot of my friends have Skype so that's how I keep in touch with them. I spent Christmas Eve on Skype talking to my family in California as well. <3 I also use it to talk to my Dad who's in the Philippines.

But yeah I don't like how you cant video conference 3+ people... And I don't know if Skype allows for the option of having the window stay always on top so its always a problem for me, but other than that I love it!

If anyone wants to talk, you can go ahead and add me. :]

Archived