Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Guest lot_lot

Thanks for sharing the Twitch interview, melusine. HyoJin is so well spoken and intelligent, I truly enjoyed her preception of her Crush and Blush character. So, she does not have any upcoming movie or drama projects? She can afford to wait and choose her next role since winning so many accolades recently. Well, her fans will be waiting for her.

Oh, I did see the pictures from the KVIFF. Thank you so much for sharing :D

C6F7BDBAC5CDC3D6C1BE-2outline_daily.jpg

a0036791_4b82d40550b37.jpg

HyoJin -- along with Lee Hana, Lee YeonHee, Kim MinJoon, Bang EunJin, Girls' Generation, SHINee, designer Jung WookJun, etc. -- pose with abused and abandoned animals for the '동물자유연대 반려동물 사진전' Korean Animal Welfare Association Pets Exhibit. All of the celebs volunteered, as did photographer Kim HyeonSeong; they participated as responsible pet owners in order to spread the message of pet culture and animal cruelty prevention.

[via Newsis, No Cut News]

Dates: July 23~26, 2009

Time: Exhibit will open on July 23 at 4 pm; from July 24~26, viewing hours are 10:30 am~8:30 pm

Venue: Daily Projects <1F Showcase, 2F Cafe> Cheongdam-dong, 02-3218-4064

Contact #: 02-2292-6337

Related link: [seoulbeats] Stars contribute to photography exhibition for Animal Welfare campaign

Guest chubbygirl1

hi Melusine,

can i use ur dog article for LYH thread..sorry.. i already posted first w/o asking..but don't worry..i credited ur name.

Thanks a bunch..

So GHJ is taking a break...uhum..mayb she's planning her wedding..hehhe. :P

just come by to say HI,

love love Gong Hyo Jin in Thank You, that's when i start to like her. hehe :D

it's good she gets acknowledgment as an actress.

By the way, she's one fierce fashionistaAA...

COngrats to Hyo Jin, I always find her acting very trustworthy and grows on you. I love her in Thank You. One of the best series I ever seen. So touching! looking forward to her future works!@

I love "Thank You" too, it's a great drama. :wub:

Oh, I did see the pictures from the KVIFF. Thank you so much for sharing :D

;) Too bad "Sisters on the Road" didn't win the Independent Camera Award for its category (fyi, fellow K-film "Breathless" added to its considerable hardware by winning the NETPAC Prize). Still, to be invited to compete in international filmfests is honor enough, and looks like MinAh and Bu JiYoung enjoyed themselves there.^^

Thanks for sharing the Twitch interview, melusine. HyoJin is so well spoken and intelligent, I truly enjoyed her preception of her Crush and Blush character.

It's so rare for in-depth articles on HyoJin to be translated into English, that I never really got a sense for sure whether she was an articulate and intelligent interview subject (some actors are boring interviewees, while some bubbly and talkative ones come off vapid). So it was with great pleasure that I read her Twitch interview; it's always fun to learn more about an actor's process. And I'm glad she's still close to Seo Woo and Lee KyungMi, "Crush and Blush" was truly a labor of love for all involved.

And I LOOOOOOVE that she's a Michel Gondry fan!! "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is on my top 5 favorite films of all time.

She can afford to wait and choose her next role since winning so many accolades recently. Well, her fans will be waiting for her.

Word. (plus she deserves a little R&R)

thanks melusine for keep this thread alive i am so busy working i've just read this thread now

*waves @ valley girl* You're always welcome :P

7/22/09, 9pm - With unni Jeon DoYeon at the "Take Off/National Athlete" VIP premiere held last night at Megabox COEX, Samsung-dong.

Videos: Daum [Streaming] Y-Star [Streaming|DL] SBS Good Morning Show [MegaUpload] [MediaFire] [SendSpace]

<c/o cutiepie's drama goodies>

20090723001450403e7_002114_0.jpg

419970678821927176.jpg

2009072223430059882_234406_0.jpg

2009072222310051482_223406_0.jpg

2009072222350051582_223606_0.jpg

2009072223230056882_232605_0.jpg

20090723001647404e7_002114_0.jpg

credit as labelled + Yahoo

th_ECA084EB8F84EC97B0-EAB3B5ED9AA8ECA784a.jpg

<clickable thumbnail>

*fingers crossed that they'll work together soooon*

Related links:

[Yonhap News] (Movie Review) 'Take Off' brings out the human drama of sport

[Korea Times] Exhilarating 'Take-Off' in Korean Sports Drama

Guest Bradamante

Hi, melusine!

I used your Animal Welfare campaign article for Kim Min Joon thread and I credited your name.

Thanks so much for the translation. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Missing her, any news on her recent works??

Nope, nothing yet.

hi Melusine,

can i use ur dog article for LYH thread..sorry.. i already posted first w/o asking..but don't worry..i credited ur name.

Thanks a bunch..

Hi, melusine!

I used your Animal Welfare campaign article for Kim Min Joon thread and I credited your name.

Thanks so much for the translation. :)

Sure guys, go ahead. :)

So GHJ is taking a break...uhum..mayb she's planning her wedding..hehhe. :P

Lol, I doubt that since RSB's sked is packed for 2009. But who knows.^^ I'm just super glad they're still together.

Vacationing in Europe :wub: (looks to be around the time GHJ went to the Denmark filmfest in April, had no idea he'd tagged along :blush: )

B0F8C4BFC7C33_alsqh.jpg

09Europe_Travel_415.jpg<--matching shoes!

20090513144004_26530833.jpg

B0F8C4BFC7C31_alsqh.jpg

credit: RSB's cyworld + http://blog.naver.com/alsqh/40071643693

Hanging out with friend Bae Doona in NYC in June (Doona has been taking English language courses at Baruch College, while HyoJin was in town to attend the NYAFF)

0625_075.jpg

0625_092.jpg

0625_083.jpg

0627_029.jpg

credit: BDN's cyworld

She acted with Lee Jong Hyuk in "Crush & Blush", right?

So funny xD

Yep. That movie was hilarious and sad and WEIRD. :lol: While shooting it, Lee JongHyuk mercilessly teased HyoJin and the other actresses that they were getting fat and wrinkly lol (I guess to compensate for being the only male in a cast of crazy females^^). Fun clip - C&B poster shoot [MediaFire]

When they were making the rounds of TV shows to promote the film (like Come to Play, and LJH even sang on Chocolate), you could tell they were pretty close, probably because they both belong to the same agency. Years ago, she (along with fellow SidusHQ stars Jeon DoYeon, Yoon JinSeo and Lee Hyori) even went to see his musical "Jesus Christ Superstar."

superstar.jpg

A wishful thinking..

throwing a challenge to Dir KJW..

a really feel-good romantic comedy / melo-romance with Byunghun-ssi.. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE! pray.gif

My first reaction to your post was that romcoms and/or melos didn't seem to be his cup of tea, but then almost immediately it hit me: The fantastic thing about Kim JiWoon is out of all the A-list directors in Korea, he's the most unafraid of trying new genres. From black comedy to sports movie to horror to noir to western, he's done them all and done them well. So indeed WHY NOT a romcom or a melo?? ;) (Also, you know, HyoJin is a big fan of "A Tale of Two Sisters" and he hasn't done a female-centered film since.) KJW's take on love...that would be something to see, the same way "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK" was a Park ChanWook romcom and "The Old Garden" was an Im SangSoo melodrama (those films have their detractors but I for one really really enjoyed them).

...From your keyboard to KJW's ears. pray.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adeline*

Oh she was in Paris :P

Gong Hyo Jin attends Gucci F/W 2009 fashion show on 20th August .

2009082020200910101.jpg

20090820201103471161.jpg

20090820204558756331.jpg

credit:as tagged

Guest lot_lot

hey everyone, thanks for sharing the Gucci pictures :D

melusine, I love the candid Europe pictures of HyoJin and RSB. HyoJin is most beautiful when she is smiling with her friends.

This was posted on Minah's thread. Good to know that HyoJin still hangs with her BFF Gong Yoo, even though he is in the army.

Annyeong~

In case you are interested in…It mentioned shin min ah

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=yeh&a...2055&page=1

은혜씨 공유씨 민아씨 효진씨 천희씨랑 다같은 친구사인가봐요

한 한달전쯤 용산에있는 고기집에서 봤는데. 훈훈하더라고요 ~^

eunhye, gongyoo, mina, hyojin, chunhee - they must all be friends, i saw them at a bbqhouse in yongsan about a month ago. They looked warm (close)

credit yehouse.chatango

yeh warriors are happy to find out that yeh and sma are close friends

laters~

^No pap pics? <_< I kid I kid. :lol:

Thanks for sharing lot_lot! Except for Yoon EunHye, she's been friends with those peeps for close to a decade (or longer). I remember she was with Im SooJung, Lee ChunHee and Gong Yoo on that infamous Jeju-do vacation when GY and ISJ were snapped together at the airport (conveniently cropping out the other 2 lol) and rumors of a scandal spread like wildfire. :P GY probably introduced them to YEH after "Coffee Prince", and so on.

Yep, she loooooves Gong Yoo.^^ "BFF" is right: In Come to Play she said that he's the guy she's closest to, and that even RSB accepts that (heh). She said that's he's practically a girlfriend. :lol: HyoJin was also the first guest on GY's army radio show.

Nice to hear that he gets to hang out with his friends on his (I presume) breaks.

Guest lot_lot

^ Yeah, no cell cam pix <_<

I remember that rumor, but I didn't know that HyoJin was with them at the airport. How convenient that she was cropped out of the pictures. I figured she would join Gong Yoo on his last outing before he entered the army. From what I remember, the Jeju group was larger, but the others had to leave earlier, and these four left together.

Yeah, at first only these pics surfaced, spawning inevitable hookup rumors...

ecutejihun.jpg

efcutejihun.jpg

...when in these other pics, you can also spot HyoJin (in pink), so they obviously weren't alone. (dunno which blurry guy is ChunHee lol)

55cutejihun.jpg

1cutejihunx.jpg

I googled around and found these:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/01/are-they-or-arent-they/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/03/lee-chun...-scandalmonger/

Of course, both parties denied it. But you know, if it were true, I actually think they'd make a cute couple (I love Im SooJung and am quite fond of Gong Yoo). After all, who really knows about the private lives of stars, right? I certainly didn't see the Song HyeKyo+Hyun Bin thing coming, "Worlds Within" kisses notwithstanding. I hope the recent spate of celebrity coupledom announcements signals a less judgmental netizen culture, because it must suck to keep sneaking around just to avoid displeasing some nutty fangirls or suits. Everyone should have the right to be (publicly) happy and in love.

I'm relieved that RSB+GHJ as a couple have no (or few) Korean antis, so they've never had to deal with that particular issue. Oh the blessings of NOT being a matinee idol/sex symbol. :D

Guest lot_lot

^ Yes, very fortunate for HyoJin and RSB that they don't have to hide and sneak around. I love that they could do their couple things in the public. It's so sad that other celeb couples cannot do that, due to their contracts and/or their fans.

I love seeing the pictures of HyoJin and RSB together at events, on their travels, or private events. They are a cool couple. I also love that HyoJin posts her "private" pictures for her fans. She is quite an awesome woman. I didn't know that she paints. Has she ever shown her paintings on the net?

Thanks for finding the dramabean blogs :D