[drama 2009] Partner 파트너

Guest ripgal

Guest ripgal

It's interesting how we're coming up with all sorts of speculations when we haven't seen Ep 7 yet. ^_^

So if Jung Hye Seok's innocent, who actually ordered to have Kim Min Sun killed? Noone? Did Choi Sun Ki commit the crime himself and pretended to be confused about Jung Hye Seok's being the abettor of the crime? So it could be that Choi Sun Ki and his wife were threatened and paid by the old man to accuse Jung Hye Seok...

It's a bit confusing here...hmmmm...

Guest juliakgrl

Since I feel the onset of passionate interest in this drama, and Viikii comments can no longer appease my excitement, I've decided to post a comment - against my normal practices of not getting too involved with Soompi. It's been awhile since my odd obsessive behavior - Soeul/Yuuki & Soujiro ( mind you, not BOF) that I have had such prolonged excitement over a couple or drama. The other dramas currently airing had started decently well or brilliantly, then the script flattens, plot drags, or balance of comedy/drama/romance became skewed, and my interest faded.

I'm disappointed the drama is receiving such low ratings compared to what's currently airing. After reviewing some of the top dramas, Partner should definitely be in the top 3. Granted the other dramas do have many "hooks" to capture viewers' attention but it isn't as well-balanced and produced as this shows. Alright, enough of my complaining. :P

I won't be redundant on my analysis since I've already commented on Viikii's site. Thanks to all who's shared news, links, and analysis on the show. I'm totally sucked in :rolleyes:

P.S. ripgal, are there any Partner avatars or signatures? I would love to hoard a couple if possible. Thanks :D Oh, and I love KSA too. Unfortunately, City Hall's pairings didn't get me as stirred up as Partner's is doing right now. *sigh* Wished it did though, since I'm a total sucker for KSA.

Another Episode 6 THEORY

As the details of the case against Jung Hye Seok had been laid out, the predicament of Choi Sun Ki, his wife and kid, the humiliation of that lady who was dominated by that actress, and the secretaries, staff and bodyguards terrorized by her are all pointing to one thing, that she is indeed guilty as the mastermind and the one who ordered the actual killing.

It was then that her opportunistic, cold-hearted husband saw this as THAT BIG OPPORTUNITY to finally get rid of her. So he grabbed that opportunity. <_<

So this could have led to a CONSPIRACY...which could have these possibilities:

1. That the President commissioned Senior Lee and YW to make sure that his wife loses in the case.

2. Or, that YW (out of his conscience) realized how evil indeed his client was (just after TJ confronted him on the office building rooftop about how he twists the truth to his advantage and after incidents wherein the actress treats him as a puppet too). And eventually YW's conscience (he still has some good sense in him) cannot take in his guts that this evil lady walks away free. So to preserve his image as someone who doesn't give in on any fight (specially in court), he just conspired and orchestrated this with the last witness, that errand lady, to be instead cooperative in TJ's interrogation and bring Jung Hye Seok down.

Another Episode 6 THEORY

As the details of the case against Jung Hye Seok had been laid out, the predicament of Choi Sun Ki, his wife and kid, the humiliation of that lady who was dominated by that actress, and the secretaries, staff and bodyguards terrorized by her are all pointing to one thing, that she is indeed guilty as the mastermind and the one who ordered the actual killing.

It was then that her opportunistic, cold-hearted husband saw this as THAT BIG OPPORTUNITY to finally get rid of her. So he grabbed that opportunity. <_<

So this could have led to a CONSPIRACY...which could have these possibilities:

1. That the President commissioned Senior Lee and YW to make sure that his wife loses in the case.

2. Or, that YW (out of his conscience) realized how evil indeed his client was (just after TJ confronted him on the office building rooftop about how he twists the truth to his advantage and after incidents wherein the actress treats him as a puppet too). And eventually YW's conscience (he still has some good sense in him) cannot take in his guts that this evil lady walks away free. So to preserve his image as someone who doesn't give in on any fight (specially in court), he just conspired and orchestrated this with the last witness, that errand lady, to be instead cooperative in TJ's interrogation and bring Jung Hye Seok down.

[/size]

Everything you said was my initial thought, too. The actress is such a hated person, there may have been volunteers to join the conspiracy. (Years ago, there was a really rich woman by the name of Leona Helmsley. Just like the actress character, she bullied and demeaned everyone. And, when the government tried her for tax evasion, many of those people, especially her staff, willingly testified against her. )

HOWEVER, it would be really tricky of the writers if the actress is actually innocent. And, TJ figures out about the conspiracy and ... does an about face to defend her. hahahaha :P

Actually, Tae Jo, with his sense of justice, cannot allow the conspiracy to go unchallenged or unrevealed in court. His dilemma is that if he proves the conspiracy, he will be, essentially, helping the actress to go free. :(

Guest Trine29

I'm disappointed the drama is receiving such low ratings compared to what's currently airing. After reviewing some of the top dramas, Partner should definitely be in the top 3. Granted the other dramas do have many "hooks" to capture viewers' attention but it isn't as well-balanced and produced as this shows. Alright, enough of my complaining. :P

Sorry to edit your post, but I have to agree. Although I wonder if the reason I'm enjoying it so much is because I know nothing about the Korean legal system. I don't know if it's an accurate portrayal or not. It's certainly dramatic, and I'm sure that doesn't happen very often (if at all) in real courts. Maybe Koreans think/know it's not an accurate portrayal, and are annoyed with that. I don't know.

But I also think that the quality of this drama has improved SO much in the last couple episodes. I adored the first 4, but they weren't that great. I was watching it for LDW because he's adorable as TJ. However, now that we're starting to see the other characters' personalities and roles in the law office, it's become much better, IMO. I'm even okay with the massive amount they've been showing Honey Lee. Plus the twist at the end of 6? Yikes. Partner brought it, and I hope it continues!!!

I pretty much agree with the theory that it's Jung Hye Seok's husband who orchastrates the whole thing. But one little thing that still bugs me is the phone conversation between JHS and CSK. Both CSK and the lady testified that JHS said the word, if I remember correctly, "kill her". I wonder if she really said that or they lied. If they lied, I can't help but think that not only CSK but CSK's wife was in this also. If that the case, as much as TJ will feel cheated, EH will be very disappointed, too, since she's so sentitive about people using a sick child to manipulate the case.

Well, I might just be thinking way too much :lol:

And thanks everyone for very interesting analyses. I enjoy reading all of 'em. :) This thread seems to pick up the popularity the drama deserves.

Guest ripgal

I pretty much agree with the theory that it's Jung Hye Seok's husband who orchastrates the whole thing. But one little thing that still bugs me is the phone conversation between JHS and CSK. Both CSK and the lady testified that JHS said the word, if I remember correctly, "kill her". I wonder if she really said that or they lied. If they lied, I can't help but think that not only CSK but CSK's wife was in this also. If that the case, as much as TJ will feel cheated, EH will be very disappointed, too, since she's so sentitive about people using a sick child to manipulate the case.

Well, I might just be thinking way too much :lol:

And thanks everyone for very interesting analyses. I enjoy reading all of 'em. :) This thread seems to pick up the popularity the drama deserves.

I think we're all jumping to all sort of conclusions.. :lol:

But it's fun, I like it.

Who ever thought that the evil smile of Lee Seung Hee would lead us to speculate this much?

If JHS is really innocent, don't you guys find her calmness scary? I mean if she insists that she's innocent, she should be going all out to deny the allegations made against her. She doesn't explain in detail or rebut whatever was said by Choi Sun Ki or Kim Min Sun's brother. Instead all she does is give ppl those mad and cold stares.

Maybe JHS did order to have Kim Min Sun killed, but she thought she could get away with it by bribing Lee Seung Hee. Who knew that her defense lawyer was in fact conspiring with her husband to get rid of her. She may be a smart lady, but her husband and her lawyer outdid her by putting up all that act. I now think the part of Tae Jo coming across Lee Seung Hee's conversation with Young Woo was planned as well. Young Woo wanted Tae Jo to know.

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

^yeah i believe shes not innocent.

but the thing that questions me was that why did TJ's dad and YW make as though YW will win even though they knew the outcome.

shouldnt it be humiliating if he looses to TJ?

oh well, TJ will beat YW one day!!!!

and also because EH and TJ makes such good partners!

oh well they won 2 cases together alr, hope they continue winning!

thank goodness this case finally ended. its been like 4 episodes right?

thank goodness this case finally ended. its been like 4 episodes right?

Hmmm....I'm looking forward to another more mind-boggling, sinister, and complicated case...even an element of action would be great too....bring it on! :P

I just hope really, that the ending of this great series will be a good one, a "justifiable" one, wherein JUSTICE will prevail. GOOD winning over EVIL. Please let NO one die in the end! (a deviation from the usual sad, heavy ending of most series).

Guest Zombie

The biggest winner – the husband – his wife goes to jail and he can easily divorce her without any complications as well as live his life anyway that he wants easier. WHAT AN EVIL EVIL SOB.

Winner #2 - big brother and dad law firm. They retain the client and got rid of the wife. Kill two birds with one stone.

The biggest loser – the victim and the killer – they were both pawns in the whole thing with children being used/manipulated mainly in order for the objective to be attained.

The most pathetic person – the wife, she is both evil and pathetic at the same time. I feel sorry and not so sorry for her at the same time to live with such a bas_ard for a husband for so long is sad. She is evil, yes but she was not loved at all by anyone, she’s a lonely lonely person. This goes to show that no matter how rich or powerful you are – as long as there is no sincere love received from anyone you have absolutely nothing.

The worst winner – Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hyun Jo (though I do not think she realises the significance or connection as yet, this will take her a little while due to the fact that she does not know about the father or the law firm & the nature of the relationship). Yes they wanted to win, but to win that way is hurtful/insulting to them and the clients as well. He realises now how well he was used to win this case and as such is learning an important lesson (don’t know what it is though, but a lesson is there)

Interesting analysis of the court case chasen8888 .

Indeed, the winning TJ/EH team feels like loser here being make a total mockery by the superior YW/Father team. :lol:

Looking forward to what will unfolds in the coming episodes.

Guest renni72

Thank you, ripgal and koreastar for all the beautiful banners and gifs. I am terrible at this sort of stuff so thanks for letting us use them.....Partners is high on my drama list......and I want everyone to know :) I wait for Wed and Thurs anxiously every week :)

Guest juliakgrl

Welcome to the Partner thread juliakgrl.. ^_^

I'm glad you're enjoying the drama as much as we do..

Thank you ripgal for your warm welcome and generousity in sharing banners and pics. It's official, I'm hooked. Of everything I'm watching, it's my most anticipated drama - I'm going to be here awhile, so scoot over and share a spot on the couch. :lol:

Sorry to edit your post, but I have to agree. Although I wonder if the reason I'm enjoying it so much is because I know nothing about the Korean legal system. I don't know if it's an accurate portrayal or not. It's certainly dramatic, and I'm sure that doesn't happen very often (if at all) in real courts. Maybe Koreans think/know it's not an accurate portrayal, and are annoyed with that. I don't know.

But I also think that the quality of this drama has improved SO much in the last couple episodes. I adored the first 4, but they weren't that great. I was watching it for LDW because he's adorable as TJ. However, now that we're starting to see the other characters' personalities and roles in the law office, it's become much better, IMO. I'm even okay with the massive amount they've been showing Honey Lee. Plus the twist at the end of 6? Yikes. Partner brought it, and I hope it continues!!!

Oh Trine29, you can cut my post all you want. I babble alot when I do get off my lazy butt and post in Soompi, so it's probably all useless talk anyways. But I do agree that perhaps the overly dramaticized reenactment of legal proceedings is leading to low ratings. However, I think the biggest factor is the competition. They started earlier and boasted more popular casts or "better" production crew/writers/producers. Honestly, I try to give all the kdramas benefit of the doubt, so I usually try to catch at least the 1st ep. but I think I'm becoming critical to overly dramaticized or poorly balanced productions - even if there are aspects of the show that are good. Or I could be getting immune to the special characteristics of Kdramas. <_<

I do agree that perhaps some of us are overanalyzing the case. At this point, it's not necessary for the case to be so twisted, complicated, and prolonged (even though this is already a mind-bogling case) because it is still relatively early in the show. The writers will probably present the most complicated, involved, and twisted case near the later part to end of the drama to bring out the intricacies of each character, particularly regarding the main characters' love, loyalty, and sense of justice.

And is it just my overactive imagination, but is EH already finding TJ attractive/falling for him? I was somewhat hoping that they both fall for each other at the same time instead of one before the other. But I guess, there's no drama if they do that right? It'll be too smooth a process. :P

Guest srkfan

Thanks rigpal and koreastar for the banners and gifs.

Being a fan of law fictions by John Grisham, I'm loving this legal setting drama. The romance and comedy make Partner even more exciting. Just loved these cute TJ-EH Scenes :D

srkfan :)

Guest corabika2013

Thanks rigpal and koreastar for the banners and gifs.

Being a fan of law fictions by John Grisham, I'm loving this legal setting drama. The romance and comedy make Partner even more exciting. Just loved these cute TJ-EH Scenes

wooooooooo

you did agood job by posting this

TJ - EH are cute together

Guest ripgal

And is it just my overactive imagination, but is EH already finding TJ attractive/falling for him? I was somewhat hoping that they both fall for each other at the same time instead of one before the other. But I guess, there's no drama if they do that right? It'll be too smooth a process. :P

Nope, not just you.

I think it's pretty obvious from Ep 6 that EH is showing signs of being attracted to TJ. Remember the scene of her checking TJ out in front of the computer? And when she kept staring at TJ who was sleeping in JW's room? She may not know it yet but she's definitely unknowingly finding TJ more and more attractive. I think she finds him a better person after working on him in the 2 cases.. He may not be the most righteous lawyer out there, but you can't deny he's good, and has a way of going around things.

Having said that, I think the drama shows a fairly distinctive contrast between TJ and EH. They are partners, work on the same cases and all. Both have a sense of justice in mind, and are willing to strive to win a case. But yet their motivations and goals are different. EH wants the crime perpetrators to pay for their crimes, whilst TJ yearns to prove himself worthy of JW's love and his father's too. But I'm sure that along the way, they'll discover that there's more to that than what they think of the law...

Guest Trine29

I'm hoping that while EH is falling for TJ, she's going to stay oblivious about her feelings for a while. And, while it may take TJ longer to fall for her, he's going to know it much sooner, and maybe he'll make the first move.

Archived