[drama 2006] Shin Don 신돈

Guest Angel4you

Guest Angel4you
[MBC] Son Chang Min, Jung Bo Seok, Seo Ji Hye
AIRS EVERY WEEKEND @ 9:50 PM. OFFICIAL WEBSITE PREVIEW/CLIPS OF EACH EPISODE. Kong Min Wang (Jung Bo Suk) N2005121714161042701.jpg "Do you know who I am? I am the King of Koryo!" The King of Koryo who puts the country in order. Nokuk Gongju (Suh Ji Hye) 2005122108453246459_1.jpg "From now on, I am a woman of Koryo." The Queen of Koryo & the Princess of Mongolia. She learns to truly love Kong Min Wang and Koryo. 16 years into her marriage to the King, she has bears his child but dies during childbirth. Suh Ji Hye also plays another character by the name of Ban-ya. Ban-ya is Shin Don's adopted daughter. After the death of Nokuk Gongju, the King sees Ban-ya and falls in love with her for she looks exactly like Nokuk Gongju. Shin Don (Son Chang Min) 720051202_21419932.jpg A character Kong Min Wang and Nokuk Gongju depend on for advice in ruling the Koryo. After the death of Nokuk Gongju, Shin Don becomes the King's right hand. Ki Hwang Hoo (Kim Ae Ri) 9420051117_21101882.jpg A Koryo woman but becomes the Queen of Mongolia. The King leaves Mongolia and Koryo in her hands. Synopsis: Kong Min Wang (Jung Bo Suk) was exiled to the Mongolia when he was a little prince. There, the Mongolians held him captive so they can manipulate Koryo (Korea, but at this time Korea was divided in 3). The Mongolian queen, Ki Hwang Hoo (Kim Hye Ri), herself was from Koryo but she resents her motherland for her parents sold her to the Mongols. There, she appealed to the Mongolian King, had his son, killed the original Queen, and took her spot. The Mongolian King listens to everything she says so technically, she rules Mongolia as well as Koryo. Mongolia has two kings. One is the head king- Ki Hwang Hoo's husband, and the other is just a king. The head king's son, Kulan Taeja, and the king's daughter, Nokuk Gongju (Suh Ji Hye), were supposed to marry, but Ki Hwang Hoo realized that if the two married, then they will have great power, later suppressing her son's chance of becoming king. Therefore, she abolishes Kulan Taeja from the kingdom and makes Nokuk Gongju marry Kong Min Wang. Nokuk Gongju only agrees to marry Kong Min Wang if he is made King of Koryo. Ki Hwang Hoo promises to make him king, and the two get married. Coming to Koryo, Nokuk Gongju is faced with many hardships for the previous kings had married Mongolian Princesses so they can maintain their kingship (for the Mongolians ruled Koryo). Therefore, previously, many feared the Mongolian Princesses more than they did the king. Because of this, the people of Koryo expect the same out of her. However, she is different and she grows to truly love her husband, Kong Min Wang, and Koryo. She helps set the country in order. Shin Don (Son Chang Min) later becomes the chief advisor of the Kong Min Wang and Nokuk Gongju. The story is also about how the Kong Min Wang grows to love Nokuk Gongju for he did not like her for she was the Princess of Mongolia and he wanted Koryo to be free. --- it's my first time making an official drama thread so please bear with me! anyways, this drama is HIGHLY recommended!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Moose

Yes, Sindon is based on real history.

I'm pretty sure the staff did all the research needed to make this drama, it's still not accurate.

I'd say about 60-70% is made up.

Even though I'm angry how the drama is showing about my family... :fury: , it's still very good.

I love the all the characters, even the bad ones. :sweatingbullets:

I had Sindon on my clubbox but only a few people were downloading it so I stopped uploading it awhile ago.

But I'm glad a few of us are enjoying the drama~!!! :)

STORY SEEMS VERY INTERESTING.....WHEN IS IT COMING OUT???

We're now waiting for the episode 28 to air on January 7th. :sweatingbullets:

MBC isn't able to air the drama this weekend due to New Year's specials.

Guest Angel4you

I think his name's Jung Bo Suk ???

yes yes... i'm sorry my bad!... hahaha... people in korea call him 'jewlery jung'... isnt that funny??

anyways! i was so sad because i thought nobody watched this drama!...

but then to my surprise, i come in to check this thread and tada... there's a few replies!! :D

hooray!... anyways, i just found out this drama is supposed to be 59 episodes...

but they might make it 61........ why is it odd numbered? o_O...

anyways... i think suh ji hye is really pretty... she's a great actress too...

considering that she's quite new... (did you guys know she was in all-in??)

Guest Angel4you

one of the SHINDON OSTs....

it's the one where the little girl sings about the moon...

mms://fvod.imbc.com/fvod/IB/VCON/VCON000002830/ib_ost_sindon_sunghyuntema.wma

copy and paste to your URL bar...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Moose

awww does nobody watch this besides me and the moose?! :[

ㅋㅋㅋ :D

I agree, I only get 2 downloads per episode for this drama from my clubbox.

I'll tell you this though...

Even though I love this drama I have no idea why they're making heroes out of 이자춘 and 이성계.

Like when they decided to turn their backs and return to 고려 there was this huge family mess between both 한양조씨 and 전주이씨 at the time.

It's very complicating and I'm learning about this from the elders in my family.

And putting aside 고려실록, which was 100% revised by 이성계, my family has this family record/diary from 조소생's first cousin, 조돈.

It's called "조돈전" and our family was very fortunate enough to have it till this very day.

According to 조돈전, 80% of what we learned about 쌍성총관부 was false and it's irritating me!!!

So to conclude, 고려실록 was revised by 이성계 to cover their family faults by blaming the 총독, which was unfortunately my family, 한양조씨.

And if you want to know more about this PM me.

Right now, my family is in preparation to file a law suit against the government to change the label "반역자" infront of our grandfathers names.

Which, clearly wasn't the case in 1200s-1300s.

Because 조휘 was son of 조지수(founder of 한양조씨), who was the 3rd son of the last emperor of the Song dynasty, who then was sent to 쌍성총관부 after the empire had collapsed by Genghis Khan.

And other records show that till the 4th generation, 조돈, they were under 원's ruling and not 고려's.

이성계 messed everything up!!!

And his sister, 정화공주 was married to 조돈's son, 조인벽, who later did not return to the palace after 고려 had collapsed even though 이성계 pleaded for him to return and help him run 조선.

So from my family's perspective and several others', 전주이씨 basically screwed up the history and later the country, a la early 1900s to Japan. :fury:

Guest Angel4you

I think this drama is good ???

Suh Ji Hye, looks very beautiful, did she act GStore CF with Kwon Sang Woo ??

yes, she did.

the moose... do you happen to have episode 31 on your clubbox??

Guest natalia siew

yes, she did.

the moose... do you happen to have episode 31 on your clubbox??

Epic dramas are actually very beautiful dramas and their costumes are so beautiful but they are way too long and also no subs done so those who do not understand Korean finds it most difficult to understand as too dialogue intensive and that is why most foreigners shy away from it. Just like The Sea God (or something like that) it's a beautiful drama. Early stages of the drama when they are young one can understand what's roughly going on but once they grew up and plot thickens and they are long dialogues on planning etc that's where we are lost.

Shin Don sounds a nice drama too. I dont mind watching though I dont understand korean if it is not too much dialogue. Where can I dl them and are there any good samaritans who can sub this drama. thanks

Archived