Chinese Help

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yay.. a Chinese thread.. I tried reading some of what Tetra typed, but I always read it in my mind in canto.. but I'm learning mando right now in school... I mix my words up a lot.. since I went to chinese school for like.. 4 years but only up to 3rd grade level (canto)..

Guest crystal_clover

pfft 簡體字和繁體字都要寫嗎? >__>

我台湾生的,但是我一嵗就來到加拿大然後沒有在連我的中文。bleh, 快要什麽都看不懂 -_-

上中文學校一點都沒有用. :excl:

你們大家怎麽樣練中文?自己看書啊?

Gah, I dislike Tradational Chinese they're so hard to read! And probably even harder to write.

I'm from Singapore and starting speaking Chinese since I was young. Well Chinese and English lessons started since kindergarden over here all the way until Junior College. So that means I've 12 official years of studying Chinese in government schools and like 4 years of exposure when I'm young (kindergarden and all).

There're 3 major exams we take over here at the of age 12 (PSLE), 16(O'Levels) and 18 (AO Levels).

Anyway I think watching dramas, listening to the radio, speaking to friends do help in learning any language. It's the exposure.

你們大家怎麽樣練中文?自己看書啊?

I learnt how to read + write chinese by... reading newspapers, books and watching TV with subtitles :) I also used to copy out chinese lyrics. Or maybe it was because I moved to Hong Kong and was forced to learn? Hmm..

Lol yay.. a Chinese thread.. I tried reading some of what Tetra typed, but I always read it in my mind in canto.. but I'm learning mando right now in school... I mix my words up a lot.. since I went to chinese school for like.. 4 years but only up to 3rd grade level (canto)..

Hahah I also read it in Canto.

I'm trying to learn a bit of mandarin (my mum is trying to make me go to chinese school <_< ) I just need to work on my pronounciations >_____<

Gah, I dislike Tradational Chinese they're so hard to read! And probably even harder to write.

keke......i am the exact opposite.....i prefer much more to read traditional, simplified is hard for me....so it all depends on what u are used to.....i think ppl in taiwan and hong kong prefers traditional

right now i am learning how to read at a decent speed in simplified. I wish I had a friend who's reallly good at simplified.....too bad i dun

Guest putasmileon

I could read like most of it. Actually, now that I think about it, I just realize "tsai" is "zai"

I just couldn't read the last part..."tsue" totally threw me off :sweatingbullets:

That's the main reason why I'm taking mandarin courses. Or else I could be learning korean. God I hate how I brought myself up in the past. Wasted so much time focusing on english when I could be focusing on chinese AND english and still end up with the same english stuffs.

Although...chinese class doesn't really get you to read/write more chinese. You probably forget it afterwards.

I'm learning chinese by watching chinese commercials =D

Tsue is Xue2 學..guessing from context.

I just realized.. isn't that kan (in mando)? Except it's supposed to have two lines in the box? Or is it something else..

It does have two lines in the box. Hrm..

keke......i am the exact opposite.....i prefer much more to read traditional, simplified is hard for me....so it all depends on what u are used to.....i think ppl in taiwan and hong kong prefers traditional

right now i am learning how to read at a decent speed in simplified. I wish I had a friend who's reallly good at simplified.....too bad i dun

台灣和香港都用傳統,大陸大陸改道簡體字。日本也用簡體字 -_-

我老師沒想到我拼音。。。

It does have two lines in the box. Hrm..

哈哈哈哈哈~...........-_-

Guest swa11ow

I'm going to like this thread.

EDIT: I knew I was going to like this thread. I just learned how to type in traditional with IME inputs :lol:

which link did you click to learn that? i think i click to fast that i missed it

Guest putasmileon

台灣和香港都用傳統,大陸大陸改道簡體字。日本也用簡體字 -_-

我老師沒想到我拼音。。。

哈哈哈哈哈~...........-_-

Japanese uses some form of simplified, but it's different. Some of them are different from both traditional and simplified (like the word KURO, or black) and some are traditional (they don't simplify the "yan2" radical, sry - I don't have Chinese on this computer). Some have different meanings (actually, most are).

I'll try to find a site that explains this with examples, but when I have these exams done with.

Guest putasmileon

テニスの王子

Did they have a stroke beside the 王 like in 国?

Cause if they did, then I could understand.

EDIT: guess not.

Here are some examples of Japanese Kanji:

国- Chinese Simplified

誰- Chinese Traditional

遅- Neither

黒- Neither

書- Different Meaning than in Chinese

It isn't possible for Japanese people (who don't know Chinese) to make sentences of pure Kanji. The grammatical parts of sentences like particles and topic/object/subject markers are never written in Kanji. Also, verbs and adjectives 99.9999% of the time are followed by Japanese charcters.

(in regards to my previous post... 言 is not simplified in Kanji when as a radical like in simplified Chinese; 请 vs. 請)

Interesting...

I just haven't come across any traditional characters.

What does this word mean?

Seedling.

But it depends how you use it, cause I'm looking at my dictionary right now and it's got various definitions depending on how you use it in context.

Archived