Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2009] Story Of A Man / The Slingshot 남자이야기

Replies

• LuvLuv Be Happy! Posts: 7,788Friend of Soompi

IDOL

IDOL

IDOL

Last part of episode 17...

• saatiyasaatiya ~ I'll Be Your Destiny ~ FrancePosts: 19Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Luv for the screencaptures image It helps me a lot to wait for the english subs image
    Btw, between Jae-myung, Shin, Do-woo and Eun-soo, we could believe that the first group of screens is from a commercial for a cellphone brand image
  • visvis Posts: 762Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you Luv for the screencaps XD Been waiting for these~ Wow, I'm so glad to see Eun Soo becoming more and more of a central character not just for Do Woo but for Kim Shin and his group as well!!! image

Honestly, I do think she has a crush on Kim Shin. But I really dunno about the guy himself... maybe he just sees her as a little sister. I hope that will be cleared up soon.
  • anniemar12anniemar12 Posts: 22Member
    QUOTE (Luv @ Jun 1 2009, 02:18 PM) »
    Episode 17...

thank you for the scaps...still waiting for english subs...thankssssssssssssssssss

QUOTE (Ishida21 @ Jun 1 2009, 01:07 AM) »
    Park Yong-ha with an atwork made by a DC's member:

Park Si-yeon reading the booklet made by DC's members:

Some artworks:

DC

how lucky!!!!!
    edited June 2009
    Uwa! I just watched today's episode raw, and gosh it was exciting XD It's just getting better and better XD Do you think Do Woo was sincere at the restaurant when he talked with ES? He seemed to be, but we all know what a master pretender he is... I can't help but doubt after I saw the preview, where it indeed looks like he's using the welfare of ES to threaten Kim Shim (uwa he sure looked evil personified in that scene). How COULD he? I'm not sure if he's faking or not, but even if it's faking that's still crossing the line (well, not that he hasn't crossed pretty much all lines). Before he hated watching his dad using his sister, but maybe in his mind that logic doesn't extend to himself?

I love the scene where ES and KS's sister-in-law was quietly quabbling over KS *that was so cute* ^^ Gotta say that I think KS and ES bonded during his bed-ridden time, with her tending him. I also think KS's "boss leader friend" (when he came to visit) was talking about how KS should try and find his own happiness and that he thought ES was KS's girlfriend image

Another favourite scene of mine is when KS and ES arrived at that building and all those ppl came rushing towards them. It's just that KS thought there were rushing to greet him, instead they all clustered around ES and jostled her inside leaving KS behind and a bit dumbfounded! image

Hehehe, I've been a tentative KS and ES shipper for a while but after this episode I'm a full supporter!!!

Ohhh, I can't wait for tomorrow! I can't belive it's ending next week!!! What am I gonna be addicted to then?! *sniffs*

It's unsually quiet here... does everyone have exams? ^^;;;
  • rui-is-assez-hotrui-is-assez-hot Posts: 52Member
    edited June 2009
    ^ Wow, is that a photo shopped picture of KA or an actual statue? That's really amazing if it's an actual statue. Ishida21, where do you go to get all these pictures?

Currently watching Heartless City
  • Ishida21Ishida21 France, Dijon.Posts: 794Member

ROOKIE

It's "just" photoshopped, but still, the people who made this is really talented image.

And for the pictures, I find them in the drama's thread on gall.dcinside:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=slingshot
    image image
    ~~ Marine Boy MV "Reach Out" // Here: X ~~
    ~~ Park Si-yeon in Bali MV "I'm A Special Number" // Here: X ~~
  • willenettewillenette Posts: 31,779Member

SUPERSTAR

June 1, 2009

Stars of ‘The Slingshot’ Determined to Be Committed to the End

The stars of KBS2 drama “The Slingshot” have expressed their determination to put everything they have into the drama until the very last episode.

Kim Kang-woo, Park Shi-yeon and Park Yong-ha talked to reporters on May 21 at the shooting site of a scene where Chae Do-woo (Kim Kang-woo) and Seo Gyeong-a (Park Shi-yeon) get married.

From left, Kim Kang-woo, Park Shi-yeon and Park Yong-ha

Park Yong-ha said that he’s having a bit of a hard time maintaining a healthy condition because, with the series nearing the end, shooting often continues into the night. “There are fans who have liked and shown interest in our drama from the beginning. I cherish them most, so I will do my best until the very end not to disappoint them,” he added.

Park Shi-yeon explained how she feels about her character, who viewers have criticized for being ambiguous. “I myself sometimes wasn’t sure about the character, and writer Song (Ji-na) and director Yoon (Seung-sik) told me that she would be clearly explained in the later parts of the series. I still don’t feel comfortable but at least I can understand her now,” she said. “I am just very happy to be part of this great work and hope it ends with a positive response.”

Kim Kang-woo, who is impressing viewers with his portrayal of psychopath Chae Do-woo, said, “In playing a psychopath, I’ve found delivering lines more difficult than making certain facial expressions. He uses lots of specialized words and speaks in a peremptory tone, so I feel very tense when I have to shoot many scenes in a day.”

He added, “[The drama] won’t unfold in an expected way to boost ratings in the remaining episodes. We will keep trying our best not to disappoint viewers, so I ask for continuous interest in our drama.”

Praised for well-written scripts and the passionate performance of all its actors, “The Slingshot” has so far aired 16 out of 20 episodes. The 17th episode will air on June 1 at 9:55 p.m.

Source: KBS Global
    Credit : rubie/news thread

• tinanskitinanski Posts: 53Member
    i just saw the preview for tomorrow's episode..and OMG!!! did dw kidnapped es to lure kim shin????
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 6,962Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (vis @ Jun 2 2009, 01:42 AM) »
    Nooooooooooo! I don't want that >______< I hope she won't let herself be used against Shin in any way!

The scene with the gun... did that happen at the end of the episode?

Hmm, up til now Do woo has probably taken ES for granted and now that she's not longer by his side he's getting more and more obssessed about her... (and naturally becoming creepier and creepier) ^^;;;;

the gun scene happen towards the end...hmmm ..i think he was like declaring a certain victory that he now has eun seo with him ( somehow maybe he sense how impt eun seo become to shin ? or that shin had actually said to him that his sister and father are people he protect now ..during that fight between shin and do woo ..when do woo took eun seo away and shin went to fight him )

that mafia hyung nim..was cute ..he throw a cheque to eun seo to buy some good stuff with it .it was that amount of investment he had drawn out previously i think ...so er eun seo become the new investor ? lol
    Shirley4.jpg
  • natureiinatureii natureii MexicoPosts: 168Member
    TKS EVERYONE FOR THE SCREENCAPS AND THE TORRENTS AHH CANT WAIT TO SEE TODAYS EPISODE
    moonsun-1.jpgsunmoon_dasom120213013549chlguswjd2343-1.jpg
  • tinanskitinanski Posts: 53Member
    i really hope ew would end up with ks ;-)
  • nycstrawberri21nycstrawberri21 a castle in the sky...Posts: 344Moderator

Woah what an intense episode... Poor shin he is killing himself trying to protect his people... And dowoo is taking such pleasure from that pain... Eunsoo and shin are kind of confusing imean it's obvious that eunsoo is very fond of shin but when DW asked if her feelings were of that of a woman to a man she explains that she is doing exactly what she was doing before apoliogizing to the people that dowoo and their dad hurt and helping them in any way they will let her... Shin I think though he is still a little put off by her blood relation to dowoo is getting more and more touched by her sweetness. Dowoo and kyung ah scene was a little scary when dowoo found they birth control pills him saying to kyungah that she is HIS Queen in HIS castle and that to keep in mind that the child she gives birth to would be HIS heir so the decision not to have his baby was not her choice alone... Kyungah better find a way to get away from dowoo escalating in his ruthlessness... It's interesting how after kyungah found out about dowoos role in shins brothers death she told shin that she is sorry but it seemed that she needs to keep going her road because she has to be queen.. Kyungah is finally realizing that being queen to a psychopath is not so glamorous.... In the preview did anyone hear something about eunsoo being ENGAGED????!!! Oh boy.... It also scary when in the preview dowoo says to shin on the phone that he had two choices whether to make eunsoo surrender or to kill shin....I love drama it gets better and better and I'm confident it will have a fantastic ending!!!!!
  • hkch97hkch97 Posts: 39Member

TRAINEE

edited June 2009
    This show is so well-written and well-acted.

I thought it was funny how Kim Shin and the prison gang had such good hair. Aren't prisoners suppose to have buzz cuts?

I'm going to root for Do-woo because he looked really good in ep 15 wearing a tight shirt. image
  • lucky_moonlucky_moon 응급남녀 ♥.♥ 하늘 -.-Posts: 10,957Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

Torrent Link Ep17 (HDTV.X264.720p-HAN™, 1.68GB):

http://www.box.net/shared/hsuyvut1j5

Note: Batch torrent including PJM, QSD, TSS..
  • scoutscout Posts: 770Member

IDOL

edited June 2009
    my two cents: i have a feeling k will go after jm, not ks. dw is trying to take down ks's people, first mh and kt, and now jm. poor dream/muse team. and i'm pretty sure the end will have ka taking over chae dong. dw said so himself, that if ka wants to be queen, she can usurp him and take over his kingdom. dw will go down somehow (whether by ks or ka or combo) and ka will take over (w/ an heir?). i felt sorry for ka when dw told her to persuade ks to give up the bencher "using any method possible." and when she questioned the method, he said she should know what to do since that's her area of expertise. what a slap to the face. and dw told es that he only married ka because she understood es's meaning in dw's life. oh well, ka will have her glory at the end. i hope es remains by dw's side though since he's all alone, and i think dw was being sincere when he said that es was his heart (i thought the line was sweet too; when dw said that since he doesn't have a heart/emotions, es is it). when dw is being sincere/sane, his voice usually gets really soft. it's usually only w/ es, but he's done that a couple of times when having honest conversations w/ ka too.

and yea, i'm SO EXCITED dw is showing his crazy side. he's even admitting to it, as seen in ep 18's preview. only 3 eps left! and i'm so glad the writers/production team isn't being swayed by ratings and viewer expectations. i'm all for the unexpected/unusual!!!
    edited June 2009
    QUOTE (nycstrawberri21 @ Jun 1 2009, 11:33 PM) »
    Woah what an intense episode... Poor shin he is killing himself trying to protect his people... And dowoo is taking such pleasure from that pain... Eunsoo and shin are kind of confusing imean it's obvious that eunsoo is very fond of shin but when DW asked if her feelings were of that of a woman to a man she explains that she is doing exactly what she was doing before apoliogizing to the people that dowoo and their dad hurt and helping them in any way they will let her... Shin I think though he is still a little put off by her blood relation to dowoo is getting more and more touched by her sweetness.

About ES I still believe she's developed a crush on KS, but it's a fact that she's always feels apologetic towards him for what her brother did to KS and his family. Knowing her brother, I seriously doubt that she'd admit to the first while the second is still totally true so I think she kinda avoided the question that way. I thought it was quite telling, how the background music kinda rose or whatever it did (awesome music insert btw) right after Do woo asked that question and how startled ES looked before recovering. Hmm, maybe it's just me but that's how I interpreted the scene image And yeah, KS is definitely softening to ES ^^

Ahh, cool! Thanks for the article XD It's good to hear that they won't get hampered by ratings and the like. Though, I do really hope that this drama will break the 10% barrier before it ends!

Phew, since there's a Mohaan 720p version out for ep17 I can probably rest assured that there'll be a Moohan 800 MB version uploaded to Aja-Aja ^^ *been stalking that site since yesterday*