Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Latest Toy/purchase?

Post up what toy you bought lately.. not including stuff like food image

Just picked up a Dell Inspiron desktop for photo editing - my laptop is having a lot of heat management issues. I get kinda surprised every time I buy a computer nowadays.. everything seems so cheap. 2.5 GHz dual core, 3gb RAM, 320gb HD for $300 flat, shipped. Compared to when I was a kid, I think all the computers were like $1500, and you had to build your own stuff if you wanted a decent price.

Replies

• dot1qdot1q The Mysterious One New YorkPosts: 2,463Friend of Soompi

IDOL

^ Thats a screaming deal~ image You still have to build your own if you start to go in to high end and more complex set ups but yeah for the majority of consumers, going retail is definitely cheaper.

My recent toy/purchase back in December was a Canon 5Dii and the 24-70L lens. Loving it~ Also just bought a EVGA Gtx 295 graphics card 2 weeks ago.
    I am NOT an admin. :)
  • KpXMysticKpXMystic Los Angeles CAPosts: 189Member
    finally bought a HDMI cable for the PS3 image;;; finally i can see the real deal lol
  • dot1qdot1q The Mysterious One New YorkPosts: 2,463Friend of Soompi

IDOL

^ Really? I can't really tell the real world difference between component and hdmi (in terms of picture quality) to any noticeable degree. Sure if you zoom in and really analyze the picture, you'll come up with benefits but sitting a couple of feet back on my couch, it looks the same to me. *shrugs*
    I am NOT an admin. :)
  • HERMITHERMIT Posts: 10,591Friend of Soompi

EXALTED ONE

I found a Muhammed Ali bobble head doll at the 99 cent store.
    You don't know how ironic this toy is.

SHARON1E
  • Mr Boo BooMr Boo Boo RedBuster Detroit, MIPosts: 1,229Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    umm

i bought this yesterday

and yes it does make the sound when you hit it
  • be_mellowbe_mellow HibernationPosts: 977Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (Mr Boo Boo @ Apr 13 2009, 12:55 PM) »
    umm

i bought this yesterday

and yes it does make the sound when you hit it

That's really cute. Is that supposed to be an inflated chair? Or it's just a caricature.....

I got a Doraemon bobblehead a few weeks ago. It's only 3 inches tall. Big head, small body.
    Earn Cash Rewards Here
    抱著過去不放手不表示就是永遠的擁有
    最終就算你想忘記它, 亦先要有勇氣去面對它
    唯有認識死亡, 才懂得怎樣去生存
  • derrekderrek gatorade distributer Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,976Member
    Ugh, I'm jealous of your coin block!

I picked up this today:

$9.99! Such a good movie. I'm such a geek.
    http://tinyurl.com/backgroundnoise
  • Mr Boo BooMr Boo Boo RedBuster Detroit, MIPosts: 1,229Member

IDOL

QUOTE (SaRaNgHaE1027 @ Apr 13 2009, 01:03 PM) »
    That's really cute. Is that supposed to be an inflated chair? Or it's just a caricature.....

I got a Doraemon bobblehead a few weeks ago. It's only 3 inches tall. Big head, small body.

its a small plush coin block
    but its awesome!!
  • YUNA!YUNA! BAN COU BAPosts: 3,930Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2009
    I recently bought a pink koala scarf~! It actually has a koala on it. Tehehe. It's so cute.

Seriously speaking, I think the latest toy I bought was my (pink) nDS Lite. Which was a year ago.
    I'm planning to get a VAIO notebook, but not sure... still hunting and not having much luck !!~~
    I am an alien from the 5th dimension. Be afraiiid.
    Canadians bleed hockey, and the gold medal is now where it belongs: home. Oh, Canada.
    ▌♥ ▌
  • MeenuhMeenuh Rageaholic Supernerd. City of AngelsPosts: 5,724Member
    I went shopping yesterday and bought some clothes for myself and some for the bf. image Hopefully my next purchase will be a desktop.
    Some say i'm a genius, others say i'm crazy
    but they all say i'm a little on the weird side
  • questions987questions987 The other smurf Posts: 962Member
    Uhhh - I just bought a pair of Tom Ford Sunglasses and a Karen Millen dress.

Stupid girly stuff, but it made me happy.
    Currently Watching: Empress Ki | Prime Minister and
    Always in Love With: Lee Dong Gun | Yoon Sang Hyun | Kim Hyun Joo | Yoon Eun Hye | Gong Yoo | Lee Sun Gyun |
    Happily Waiting for: Emergency Couple
    Avoiding like the Plague: N/A
  • YoohooYoohoo MarsPosts: 975Member
    I'm an impulse buyer, sometimes it hurts but my last thing I bought was a flight to Toronto lol.

Didn't tell anyone I just packed up and left for a week. My employees were wondering where I was that day, called them from Chicago O'Hare airport and told them I needed a vacation image
    JFaith
  • blue_shoeblue_shoe Posts: 2,182Member
    ^ talk about spontaneous... find a chick who digs that and she'll be like "woah..you're so kewl..."

For me: clothing and shoes...I'm a girl, girl has needs image but at least I'm buying with my money...do not leech guys nor parents <3
    Bore!!!

My 411
  • YoohooYoohoo MarsPosts: 975Member
    QUOTE (blue_shoe @ Apr 13 2009, 06:25 PM) »
    ^ talk about spontaneous... find a chick who digs that and she'll be like "woah..you're so kewl..."

For me: clothing and shoes...I'm a girl, girl has needs image but at least I'm buying with my money...do not leech guys nor parents <3

Actually I flew up to go surprise my girlfriend and family. I just needed a vacation from all the work. The recession has caused a lot of programs and loaded me with work. So I just told my employees to try to take care of things while I'm gone and I'll handle the rest when I'm back. Now I'm back and I'm overloaded lol.
  • xsilverettexxsilverettex Posts: 356Member
    the new black nintendo dsi along with the new pokemon game. my bf is beefing up his pokemon to beat mine. ><
    and the james hetfield custom ESP truckster jh5 guitar. that makes 8 custom guitars sitting in my room.
    300x150y.jpg
    ★ My LOVE is INFINITE ★
  • Temoin la NuitTemoin la Nuit Posts: 655Member
    QUOTE (questions987 @ Apr 13 2009, 06:11 PM) »
    Uhhh - I just bought a pair of Tom Ford Sunglasses and a Karen Millen dress.

Stupid girly stuff, but it made me happy.

Cash dropper.. bling bling image
  • xkrndreamerxkrndreamer BASKETBALL IS LIFE Cal State FullertonPosts: 6,295Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited April 2009
  • questions987questions987 The other smurf Posts: 962Member
    QUOTE (Temoin la Nuit @ Apr 13 2009, 07:10 PM) »
    Cash dropper.. bling bling image

Lol - we got our bonus at work last month so I used a little of it. I see it as "boostiing the economy". At least I didn't go nuts and buy that Kate Spade bag that I've been eyeing for the last month.

I need to stop shopping.
    Currently Watching: Empress Ki | Prime Minister and
    Always in Love With: Lee Dong Gun | Yoon Sang Hyun | Kim Hyun Joo | Yoon Eun Hye | Gong Yoo | Lee Sun Gyun |
    Happily Waiting for: Emergency Couple
    Avoiding like the Plague: N/A
  • YUNA!YUNA! BAN COU BAPosts: 3,930Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (questions987 @ Apr 13 2009, 10:18 PM) »
    Lol - we got our bonus at work last month so I used a little of it. I see it as "boostiing the economy". At least I didn't go nuts and buy that Kate Spade bag that I've been eyeing for the last month.

I need to stop shopping.

ahahaha, helping the economy! that's what i tell my parents whenever i go out and splurge~~~~
    i only splurge when i haven't gone shopping in a LONG TIME >_<

good job on the self control, girl~ : P
    I am an alien from the 5th dimension. Be afraiiid.
    Canadians bleed hockey, and the gold medal is now where it belongs: home. Oh, Canada.
    ▌♥ ▌
  • erureerure photography junkie CaliforniaPosts: 5,927Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Hmmm... I think my Leica M8.2 and two lenses -- that's my most recent really big purchase.

As for small splurge, the new DSi in blue and three DS games (Trauma Center 2, Pokemon Platinum?, The World Ends with You) I got last week image Or the trip to Disneyland/California Adventure yesterday? O_O