Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Replies

• plumplumplumplum Anh lu Posts: 1,462Member
    ^

I know, I love it! I used a sample for awhile. Most complain about the smell but it smells good!

I bought the 30ml one for about $13 shipped on ebay, too. Waiting impatiently for it to arrive!

I wish someone would list the oil-free b.b. creams somewhere, if there is one, can someone let me know?

• SianzsatioNSianzsatioN Posts: 17Member
    hey, i wonder whats a more darker bb cream, for a guy in my case.

around NC 30+ to 40+.

• gloriouskiesgloriouskies NYCPosts: 377Member
    edited February 2009
    [Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream]
    Coverage: Medium to Heavy. Buildable
    Texture: Similar to liquid foundation and thicker than your average bb cream but it's not extremely heavy on your face
    Shade: Revlon Colorstay in Buff and Skinfood Aloe Sun in shade 1
    Fragrance: It's scented, but not something that's extremely strong. Fades after a while and probably resembles something floral
    Oil-Control: Good oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): More matte than dewy
    Overall comments: Like this! I bought this when it was on sale in Incheon Airport (woot duty free shopping) at $11 for 50ml (the one with the pump) and I'm glad for the price. It's a bit lighter and more yellow toned than my Aloe Sun so it's not a perfect color match. The coverage is amazing. With light concealer and the skinfood one, my scars are still visible, but after I repeat the same process with Perfect Cover, I dab it bit more over the scars and they disappear! The only MAJOR issue I have for this is that it's not so good for dehydrated or dry skin. It clings to my flakey skin and I look terrible outdoors despite blending like crazy. The pump is super sanitary but it does tend to dispense a bit too much.

Skin type: Combination skin - feeling dry lately
    Skin tone: light (I used no. 21 light beige)
    Skin undertone: yellow
    Skincare Regime: cetaphil cleanser, neutrogena toner, nivea soft moisturizer
  • GloomyBearGloomyBear Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 468Member

ROOKIE

I was wondering if anyone in Sydney saw the Missha M Shiny BB Cream in the Missha store? T__T It's not listed on the site thouigh I'm wondering if it might be instore or other stores .__.

Thanks >3<
  • only_meonly_me ABCPosts: 277Member
    Can anyone recommend me a bb cream that has really good oil control? Before I given up on bbcream, but now since summer is coming I wanted to try it again. I'm yellow toned and my shade in Revlon's Colorstay foundation is sand beige. Sorrry, I know people usually post their Mac foundation shade, but I don't use mac foundation so I wouldn't know what shade I am.
  • chocolatequeenechocolatequeene Zoooooomg Posts: 70Member
    edited March 2009
    [Skin79 Prestige Diamond BB Cream]
    Coverage: Sheer
    Texture: Creamy
    Shade: I use light and fairly light for BareMinerals...i'm pretty light with a pinkish undertone more than yellow
    Fragrance: Scented - not sure what it smells like but it smells nice. Light and not too overpowering.
    Oil-Control: Good. I have combo skin and it kept my cheeks nice and matte all day long (maybe a little too matte...my cheeks were kinda dry actually) however, my nose (it's always oily...distugsting -__-) i had to use some oil blotters half way throughout the day.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte (kind of dry if you have dry skin)
    Overall comments: I love this BB cream! It's my first BB cream and it's great! I loved the coverage because i didn't want anything too thick. I don't have problem skin, i just wanted something to even out my natural skin tone and give me that natural, no-makeup look. It's like a tinted moisturizer and it's not oily at all. Although i found it a bit drying for my cheeks (as i've said, my face is really weird; my cheeks are pretty dry while my forehead and nose are oily) - maybe it's the cold weather? But i'm not complaining. It smells nice and here's the best part - it made my skin appear absolutely PORELESS! For as long as i can remember, large poes bothered me. This BB cream made my skin look poreless and porcelain. I love it! <3 Oh and the packaging is nice too...very pretty pink pump bottle.

Skin type: Combo
    Skin tone: BareMinerals Foundation Light/Fairly Light
    Skin undertone: Pink/yellow
    Skincare Regime: Day: proactiv 3-step system, clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
    Night: L'essence D'eau exfoliating scrub, proactiv toner & repairing lotion, clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel
    * Canuck Shopaholic *
    click for Gmarket & Zipia haul reviews ! :)
    Selling Gmarket Items: boots & blouses!
  • ladyfeiladyfei sydneyy&lt;3Posts: 609Member
    edited March 2009
    [MISSHA PERFECT COVER BB CREAM]
    Coverage: Medium, Buildable
    Shade: #23
    Fragrance: Scented
    Oil-Control: Better oil control than my Mushroom Skin Food BB CREAM
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte
    Overall comments:
    I love this BB cream. Its a bit chalky, but when you leave it on for few minutes, somehow it will blend to ur skin.
    My skin is fair, but somehow i bought the 23 becuz im afraid 21 will be too light for me
    BUT it seems alright.. although i will buy 21 later. =)
    The packaging is nice, they have this pump so u cant make a mess. =)
    Love it, but the con = its scented, somehow strong flowery smell...

Skin type: Combo,Acne Prone
    Skin tone: 701 ANNA SUI
    Skin undertone: Yellow but Pinkish
    v i s i t m y b e a u t y b l o g!*
  • LilaaaLilaaa Mrs. JunPyo BAWSTONNN, MAPosts: 1,560Member
    Hey guys! I'm around NC 30 to NC 35. Which BB cream would you guys recommend for that? With good oil control too... I heard a lot about Missha and Skinfood, is it any good?
    QUOTE (Lilaaa @ Mar 2 2009, 11:36 AM) »
    Hey guys! I'm around NC 30 to NC 35. Which BB cream would you guys recommend for that? With good oil control too... I heard a lot about Missha and Skinfood, is it any good?

Missha Perfect Cover in shade #23 sounds good... it's the darker shade. It's oil free and has good sebum control.

I want to try the Skinfood aloe as well, because I heard it has good sebum control. It will be my next one.

• icee_queenicee_queen CanadaPosts: 203Member
    edited March 2009
    Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream

Coverage: thick coverage but its buildable coverage that is not intensly thick where your skin can still breath
    Texture:: creamy thats easy to apply.
    Shade:: Natural Beige #23
    Fragrance:: It has a light scent kind of flowery...i don't know how to explain the smell
    Oil-Control:: It does VERY LITTLE to control the oil on your face
    Dewy or Matte (finish):: Matte
    Overall comments :
    I really like this bb cream except for the oil control. I wish the product had more oil control so that my checks wouldn't look so oily. But its a great product if you have dry skin and offers SPF 42 (the highest I've ever seen). I wouldn't recommend this to people that have oily skin nor would I use this product in the summer time.

Skin type: Oily
    Skin tone: Medium-Light NC25-30
    Skin undertone: Yellow
    Skincare Regime: SANA cream, bb cream
    Dr.Jart + other bb cream survey with free samples (canada+USA)
    survey // status //shop

Shop discount

• seraphic.shotseraphic.shot ninja land.Posts: 573Member
    i ordered a bb cream off ebay and at the bottom of the box it has a date on it. is that the manufacture date or expiration date? i msged the seller to ask about it, but have not received an answer yet and i'm not sure if they'd be honest with me. thanks!
    QUOTE (seraphic.shot @ Mar 6 2009, 02:05 AM) »
    i ordered a bb cream off ebay and at the bottom of the box it has a date on it. is that the manufacture date or expiration date? i msged the seller to ask about it, but have not received an answer yet and i'm not sure if they'd be honest with me. thanks!

I'm pretty sure that's the manufacture date.

• kissez*kissez* YEAH OH YEAH Posts: 8,252Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited March 2009
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Skinfood Gingko Green
    Shade: Natural.
    Fragrance: lightly scented
    Oil-Control: little oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: It's okay, I guess. I've used it for awhile now and I haven't noticed any significant improvement in the texture of my skin. Doesn't cover up dark eye circles very well. Rating : 3 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skinfood Aloe
    Coverage: Medium
    Shade: Natural
    Fragrance: Scented
    Oil-Control: decent oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): slightly matte
    Overall comments: Has better coverage than Gingko Green and has more of a "brightening" effect as well. Oil control is a bit better. Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Dr. Jart Silver Label
    Coverage: Medium
    Shade:
    Fragrance: unscented
    Oil-Control: eh
    Dewy or Matte (finish): semi-matte?
    Overall comments: I really liked the finish but this bb cream made my skin break out like mad image . Rating : 0 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] BRTC Perfect Recover
    Texture: Liquid/Creamy
    Shade:
    Fragrance: unscented
    Oil-Control: little oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy, I guess
    Overall comments: Nothing too special about this BB cream. There's something of a grey/white cast that makes me look sort of sickly... and cadaver-like lol. Rating : 2.5 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin79 (silver)
    Shade:
    Fragrance:
    Oil-Control: oil control was okay
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy-ish? lol
    Overall comments: Coverage is really, really light and natural looking. Looks almost like I have nothing on image Rating : 2 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Hanskin Super Premium BB Cream
    Shade:
    Fragrance:
    Oil-Control: oil control was ok
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: Same as Skin79. I didn't notice anything when I used this BB cream. Rating : 2 out of 5 stars

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Lioele Beyond the Solution
    Coverage: Medium, Buildable
    Shade:
    Fragrance: I didn't notice any scent.
    Oil-Control: oil control is okay
    Dewy or Matte (finish): semi-matte
    Overall comments: Has the best coverage. I just started using this cream so I'm not sure of what to write. Will edit this later*

Skin type: Acne-prone, Combo, Sensitive
    Skin tone: Everyday Minerals in Sun-kissed Fair
    Skin undertone: beige
    Skincare Regime: Neutrogena face wash, pearl cream, Neutrogena anti-aging cream

"It was tender and mild, like baby Jesus."

FORMSPRING
  • theLOSERtheLOSER Posts: 8,403Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Is BB cream thick?! I was looking at youtube videos and some girl was wearing
    BB cream and she said its thick?
  • ImboredthatsnotfunImboredthatsnotfun Posts: 1,611Member

IDOL

[Missha Perfect Cover BB cream]
    Coverage: Buildable
    Texture: Creamy, but thick.
    Shade: I use #21 Bright Beige
    Fragrance: Scented - not sure what it smells like but it smells nice. Light and not too overpowering. I like this smell.
    Oil-Control: I have oily/normal skin and it doesnt seem any oilier than normal when I apply this. In fact, it sort of better!
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte and smooth
    Overall comments: I love this BB cream! It's my first BB cream and it's great! I loved the coverage because i didn't want anything too thick. I wanted something to replace my foundation and this is it image I'm a teenager, so naturally I have a few breakouts. This drastically reduces the look of them. I also have little freckles which also are reduced! My skin is brighter and more luminious after I apply this. I have to say I really like it! You can see other comments I've made on this on my blog {link in sig~}

Skin type: Oily
    Skin tone: NC15-20 (pale)
    Skin undertone: Yellow/Neutral, mixed.
    Skincare Regime: Wash morning and night with Cetaphil, exfoliate a few times a week and use random homemade masks every so often. I moisturise with bio-oil.

BEFORE AND AFTER:
    imageimage
    hiienLolly~
  • PearlgirlPearlgirl She sure is whack! UCDPosts: 512Member
    edited March 2009
    QUOTE (theLOSER @ Mar 8 2009, 08:54 AM) »

Some BB Creams are on the thicker side like BRTC and Dr. Jart. There are others that are not too thick nor too thin like Lioele. While some are much thinner than usual such as Missha and Dr. G. It depends on which brand and type of BB creams you purchase. From my experience, the thicker the consistency the better the coverage.
  • gingerginger i'm a monster!!!!!!!!!&a Seoul, South KoreaPosts: 7,002Friend of Soompi

IDOL

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Dr. Jart Black Label
    Coverage: Medium/Buildable
    Texture: It's thick and very creamy
    Shade: Dr. Jart is one of the darker BB Creams, but it still has a slightly pink undertone.
    Fragrance: Didn't notice anything, actually.
    Oil-Control: Normal? Nothing outstanding but nothing bad, either.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte.
    Overall comments: I really like this. Since the color is still a tiny bit too light/ashy for me, I mix a tiny dab of a darker/yellower liquid foundation in. It makes the perfect color.

Skin type: Combo, prone to a couple pimples around the hairline during that time of the month.
    Skin tone: NC 30-35
    Skin undertone: Yellow
    Skincare Regime: Missha strawberry foam cleanser in the morning and St. Ives Apricot cleanser at night. I use Olay Anti-Age Renewal cream at night.

-ginger
  • misstiffanymisstiffany Posts: 622Member
    QUOTE (theLOSER @ Mar 8 2009, 12:54 PM) »

I have my skinfood bb cream and the texture is so thick.. it's really hard to spread. it's still a bit runny but thick. I think it kind of sucks cause I rather my makeup feel light on my skin, not pore clogging. also the coverage is sheer to medium for it's consistency which is a con for me. however at the end of the day, my skin is glowing! my t-zone gets really oily though.

I think the consistency is a turn off because my diorskin nude foundation has medium to full coverage while feeling lightweight and amazing on my skin.
  • theLOSERtheLOSER Posts: 8,403Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (Pearlgirl @ Mar 8 2009, 04:14 PM) »
    Some BB Creams are on the thicker side like BRTC and Dr. Jart. There are others that are not too thick nor too thin like Lioele. While some are much thinner than usual such as Missha and Dr. G. It depends on which brand and type of BB creams you purchase. From my experience, the thicker the consistency the better the coverage.

Ahh I see, I was thinking about Lioele or Missha brand so thats good that they aren't TOO thick!
    >.< Does it look like "cakey"? Do you know what I mean? I don't want it to be SO thick
    that it looks TOO cakey.
    >.<

QUOTE (misstiffany @ Mar 8 2009, 07:25 PM) »
    I have my skinfood bb cream and the texture is so thick.. it's really hard to spread. it's still a bit runny but thick. I think it kind of sucks cause I rather my makeup feel light on my skin, not pore clogging. also the coverage is sheer to medium for it's consistency which is a con for me. however at the end of the day, my skin is glowing! my t-zone gets really oily though.

I think the consistency is a turn off because my diorskin nude foundation has medium to full coverage while feeling lightweight and amazing on my skin.

Ahh okay, thanks for your input!
  • c0lap1nadac0lap1nada Edmonton, AB CanadaPosts: 3,025Member
    Has anyone tried the Etude House BB pact?
    Baby, The Stars Shine Bright★★★