[drama 2006] Spring Waltz 봄의 왈츠

s@nbi

Guest chaserj7

i never really liked (or disliked, for that matter) Yuri... to me, she's not a great actress, or anything... i'm just not really impressed w/ her overall.

as for the guys, i don't really know. Daniel Henney is hot, but he needs a lot of improvement as well. looks can only go so far... as for the other guy, i've never seen him in anything so i can't comment.

haha i'll have to second that, Yuri isn't all that great but she isn't bad either. HyoJoo is the same. so i guess from the objective perspective it doesn't make a difference which of the 2 gets it, but because i'm a Yuri fan that's why I want her for the role. :P

Daniel is only good-looking, nothing much else...

but I like Lee So Yeon! :)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StylishAzNx07

The whole cast can't act. lol, they could at LEAST cast one who is talented. O_o LOL

the only things that are gonna save the drama is the storyline or ost.

Guest chaserj7

According to the article, Sung yuri said she was dissatisfied with the casting. Partly, because her costar was a model with no acting abilities.. but i think she was really going to do it.. I think the PD changed the main actresses and Sung yuri was embarassed about the change and tried to cover it up by saying she didn't want to do it.

But then who knows..she might've really didn't like the casting.. <_<

Just speculating..

i'm pretty sure it was Yuri's side that turned down the role, because the Spring Waltz director himself personally confirmed that he wanted Yuri for the show. but i guess after seeing that her costar was some unknown bleep, her management decided she'd better things to do. :P

anyway Yuri is a very nice girl who'll take up any challenge presented to her, so i think it was her management that turned down the role on her behalf, not her. but then again, she can't go against her own management, so yeahhh too bad.. i'm sure she'd have wanted to do the show :)

anyway there's still Lee So Yeon to save the show! :)

Guest mango.baby

sorry, i'm personally REALLY happy that hyo joo was casted for the lead.

sung yuri's acting is just..blah.

i found her really dull in the first love drama w/ cha tae hyun.

her lines and emotions she was supposed to convey were dry.

hyo joo's a fresh face! she's a really good MC on inkigayo with andy.

and she was pretty decent in NN5.

she couldn't really be the star of the show since she came in late and everyone else was already established.

PLUS, some of the people that have been on nonstop have turned out to be great actors.

jo in sung, jang nara, kim jung hwa, jo han sun, han ye seul, and hyunbin have shown that they're actually talented.

give hyo joo a chance. i bet she'll turn around and surprise everyone with her role in this drama.

PS: i hope that rumor about yuri turning down the drama because she didn't like the cast and especially the part about one of the co-stars being "just a model with no acting abilities" isn't true. it sounds really stuck-up and like she think she's too good for the cast.

PPS: am i also the only one who didn't like winter sonata? -__-;; sorry but i'm not a fan of kim hee sun AT ALL. there was too much hype around it.

Guest loving_D

According to the article, Sung yuri said she was dissatisfied with the casting. Partly, because her costar was a model with no acting abilities.. but i think she was really going to do it.. I think the PD changed the main actresses and Sung yuri was embarassed about the change and tried to cover it up by saying she didn't want to do it.

But then who knows..she might've really didn't like the casting.. <_<

Just speculating..

i wouldn't be surprised if sung yuri said that. the cast is horrible. i think the PD should've stuck with some experienced actors/actresses like he did for the previous season dramas.

Guest chaserj7

PS: i hope that rumor about yuri turning down the drama because she didn't like the cast and especially the part about one of the co-stars being "just a model with no acting abilities" isn't true. it sounds really stuck-up and like she think she's too good for the cast.

PPS: am i also the only one who didn't like winter sonata? -__-;; sorry but i'm not a fan of kim hee sun AT ALL. there was too much hype around it.

haha i'm sure it wasn't Yuri who turned it down, just her management! all FinKL fans should know by now what a nice and sweet girl Yuri is. :P haha but i guess if i were her management i would rather her act with some big-shot star rather than an unknown guy..? yupp..

btw i think you're talking about Sad Sonata? Winter Sonata was Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo. they're the vintage kdrama king and queen!!! :)

Guest StylishAzNx07

If wonbin didnt go to the army, i think Wonbin and Song Hye Gyo would have been PERFECT. I think this drama needs some more experience ... or at least some newbies who know how to act.

damn this drama is SO UNSTABLE with their casts!

^ no. actual it's pretty typical of the changes. the thing is though, the media wants to get out the news fast (i guess to draw attention to readers, and because fans want to know).

just a word about k-dramas/k-movies in general, i would wait until the show/movie actually airs/released to be sure about the casting etc.

Guest chaserj7

^ no. actual it's pretty typical of the changes. the thing is though, the media wants to get out the news fast (i guess to draw attention to readers, and because fans want to know).

what's up with THEM?! :fury: they get us all hyped up over nothing, haha..

Guest yongieee

i read in the newspaper that han hyo joo takes waltz lessons at 9 pm everday for 2-3 hours

.. does anyone konw where her thread is? i cant find it

i think PD yoon opened the way for the "hallyu" movement... and since the gates have been wide opened, more people are becoming more exposed to other quality drama produced in Korea, not only his alone.. and therefore, though he might have done a good thing for Korea's fame, he might not get the same results no matter how hard he tries...

so far the cast selected for this drama seems to imply that he's trying hard to create another "AUTUMN TALE" type of hit.

other casts for this drama:

2005111517592672176_1.jpg

Kim Hae Sook - she was in Autumn&apos;s Tale

7320050627_17089392.jpg

Han So Ee

9420050830_18819331.jpg

very talented boy from fashion 70s is also in here.. ^^

7620050618_16873950.jpg

Jung Dong Hwan - he was also in Autumn Tale

2005081921433937064_1.jpg

Lee Han Wui - Was Also in Autumn Tale

singer sung shi kyung is expected to participate in the OST

5ba14003.jpg

That actress is the mother of all mothers. She was already in the first 3 installments. She was the mother (biological) of Song Hye Kyo in Autumn, mother of Choi Ji Woo in Winter, and mother of Song Seung Hun in Summer.

Guest starryeyedwonder

im still debating whether or not to watch this drama. In the dramas I was really satisfied with the cast.. but for this one..i really dont like the people casted (except daniel henney). -_-

hmm..but maybe the plot will make up for it

Guest bubblyhyunghee

Personally I would rather have Han Hyo Joo act in this drama. I don't really think Yuri would have been good for the main character. In her past dramas I was kind of disappointed in her acting for her tone of her voice and facial expressions really didn't change much. I think we should give Hyo Joo a chance. I think she was pretty good in NN5 being a new face and all.

KBS producer Kim Jong-sik has worked on many popular dramas: Autumn Story, Winter Ballad, Yellow Handkerchief and Full House, to name a few. He reported that of the seasonal dramas, Autumn Story had the highest ratings in Korea, followed by Winter Ballad. He said that Summer Scent did not do too well. He also reported that the next seasonal drama will be Spring Waltz, which will be shown in Spring 2006. It will emphasize flowers. In Korea, the flowers start blooming first in the South and then move up to the North. That means that filming of Spring Waltz will start in the South and then move northward as the flowers peak in the North. Mr. Kim also acknowledged that viewers' reactions have a significant impact on the outcome of the dramas. In Korea, the dramas are not completed in full before the first episode is aired. This has its advantages since Korea is very high tech and viewers' ratings can be monitored by the minute. This alerts producers and screenwriters to which storylines and stars are popular, and allows the producers and screenwriters to change the script or stars along the way to avoid low ratings. For example, Mr. Kim disclosed that the ending for Conditions of Love (which ended the same weekend as the symposium) was changed in response to viewer reactions.

source: http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/symposium2.html

i dun like the idea that scripts get changed because of viewer's opinions...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo stop dissing Hyo Ju!!!

(Unni will stand up for you!)

She tries!!! In love letter in those acting scenes and the guy's favours acting scenes she tries to step out of her character and into another character...

She's serious about acting!

I hope she does well!!!!!

I'm only interested watching in this drama for her!!

NO sorries!!!

kakakak

I'm a bit crazy...

and I will also watch for Daniel but not him alone.

I think we shouldn't judge it at first place if we haven't watch the drama ... no matter who the PD choosed to be in the drama .. he of course has his own opinion .. he knows the best ..

For me .. i just will let the PD .. work and play with his idea for the drama .. and then we see how the drama .. whether is good as the previous 3 season or not ...

ps: no offend ... hehehehe ^___^

Archived