Korean Scary Stories

Guest XX3CHUNSA

Guest XX3CHUNSA

in time for halloween!!
Hi guys, for a halloween party I'm hosting for younger kids (more like late middle/early high school), we're going to tell ghost stories/scary stories. I grew up with my cousins telling me some stories about korean witches and other things, and I'm planning on using them, but I only have a couple. If you guys know any websites that have a listing of them, or if you can write it down here, please do so! I need your help!! I've tried searching a few places but didn't get too many results.

If you could write it in story format, that would be great!!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May not be exactly what you want, bit it gave me the jibblies when i first readi it,

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

Guest XX3CHUNSA

^ yes yes!! exactly like that!! thank you!! hahahaa, i read this and i was like... not scary yet, and then the last sentence is chilling

There was a High School teacher whose class consisted of exactly 30 students. He was particularly strict and a little bit cruel to his students, making them stay back until late at night every day to study in the library. In order to make sure his students stayed back and didn't sleep, he asked them all to call his cell phone at certain times during the night and tell him their student number.

This went well for awhile, but all of a sudden, late one night he received a call. He answered as per usual and a girl's weak voice replied "Hi Teacher, I'm number 31," and then abruptly hung up on him. At first he didn't even realise, but then he felt furious as he thought one of his students was playing him for a fool.

The next day he stormed into the classroom and demanded the student who pulled the prank own up to it. No one did, and they all denied knowing anything about it. He threatened the whole class, telling them he would beat them all if it happened again that night. Unexpectedly, it did happen again. At the exact same time, to the second. He tried to ask the girl who was calling but she hung up so quickly he couldn't get a word in.

The next day he lived up to his threats and beat the students in the class, demanding someone own up. Of course, no one did. He even went so far as to go to other classes and ask them about it, but no one would admit to anything.

The calls continued on schedule every night, the same way. Then finally one night he got his word in on time. "Who are you!?" he questioned frantically. The girl replied softly, "I'm in your class, Teacher. You know me." To which the teacher said, "My class has only 30 students, stop trying to trick me." The girl only said this: "I'm always watching you during class, Teacher. But you only show me your back. I want to see your face." Then she, once again, abruptly cut off the call.

He told his students that they need not stay back at all, even going so far as to change his cell phone number. But the calls continued. The teacher eventually went crazy from the continuous and unexplained calls and retired shortly after.

A few months after his retiring, the school underwent rennovations. But while the builders were replacing the blackboard in the classroom of the old Teacher, they were shocked to discover the dead body of a young girl had been hidden behind the blackboard.

Guest KateLove

There was a legend about a girl who was murdered in a school.

There were two girls who competed to be the top of the class, One girl was popular and pretty, while the other was

poor and ugly. The poor and ugly girl studied harder one year and she became the head of the class. This angered the

other girl deeply, so she and her friends chased the head girl into a dark ally where they killed her. They dug out her eyes,

and gashed her mouth and nose, so she could not see, smell, or speak. The story told that the ghost of this girl

haunted the school & anyone found studying alone at night would be killed. But the ghost could only hear.

Many years later, students of this school told this story to all the head of classes, but it was only a legend.

Until one night. A student was studying late into the night, she's just become top student, and wanted to keep

her status, .. it was 11PM and no one was left in the school. While she was studying she heard the door of

the classroom creak closed. The girl thinking of the legend closed her eyes, and held her breath.

That's when she saw her, she was horrific, covered in blood. She came into the classroom, wandering silently

with her head bent down. == The girl creep ed silently to the door and left the classroom. She forgot and

let out one small sigh of relief, .... the ghost heard this and was hanging above the door ... Ready to kill her.

===

There is a story about a mother who loved her daughter so much. Her daughter was pretty, and smart, and popular.

Her daughter loved dancing, and was the top ballet student in her school.

One day this girl was diagnosed with a sickness, and was bed ridden, the doctors said she would not live.

The mother was grieved and said if she could see her daughter dance once more, she would accept the fact

that she would not live.

The mother went to her daughters room that night to see her as she normally did, when she saw her daughter

was dancing!! She quickly grabbed the video camera and recorded her.

The next morning the doctors told her her daughter had died in her sleep.

In her grief she watched the video tape of her daughter dancing, .. she was horrified.

The tape did not show her daughter dancing, but rather she had strings attached to her arms and legs and was

being twirled around the room by a pale skinned female ghost in black clothing.

... They were actually REALLY scary when my BF told them. Probably because he told it on a stormy night, and

made sound effects and stuff .. =/ I'm just too lazy to write a lot.

There was a legend about a girl who was murdered in a school.

There were two girls who competed to be the top of the class, One girl was popular and pretty, while the other was

poor and ugly. The poor and ugly girl studied harder one year and she became the head of the class. This angered the

other girl deeply, so she and her friends chased the head girl into a dark ally where they killed her. They dug out her eyes,

and gashed her mouth and nose, so she could not see, smell, or speak. The story told that the ghost of this girl

haunted the school & anyone found studying alone at night would be killed. But the ghost could only hear.

Many years later, students of this school told this story to all the head of classes, but it was only a legend.

Until one night. A student was studying late into the night, she's just become top student, and wanted to keep

her status, .. it was 11PM and no one was left in the school. While she was studying she heard the door of

the classroom creak closed. The girl thinking of the legend closed her eyes, and held her breath.

That's when she saw her, she was horrific, covered in blood. She came into the classroom, wandering silently

with her head bent down. == The girl creep ed silently to the door and left the classroom. She forgot and

let out one small sigh of relief, .... the ghost heard this and was hanging above the door ... Ready to kill her.

The version I heard involved other girls being with her studying, and her hearing their screams as their eyes got poked out. She closed her eyes tightly but then she heard a quiet voice chanting "1...2...1...2" and it was the ghost of the girl pointing to each of her closed eyes as she prepared to steal them.

There's also a story which is based on a true serial killer.

There's a girl that lives on the 14th floor of an apartment: the top floor. One night she is going home in the elevator late at night and a man steps in with her. He begins talking to her and making small talk. He says he just moved in and lives on the 13th floor. She remarks that must be why she never saw him before and she lives the floor above him. When it arrives on the 13th floor he steps out, the doors close behind him but he turns around and smiles through the elevator door window, pulling out a knife from his jacket. He quickly runs off and heads up the stairs to the 14th floor, as the girl goes up in the elevator towards her inevitable death.

Guest KateLove

There's a girl that lives on the 14th floor of an apartment: the top floor. One night she is going home in the elevator late at night and a man steps in with her. He begins talking to her and making small talk. He says he just moved in and lives on the 13th floor. She remarks that must be why she never saw him before and she lives the floor above him. When it arrives on the 13th floor he steps out, the doors close behind him but he turns around and smiles through the elevator door window, pulling out a knife from his jacket. He quickly runs off and heads up the stairs to the 14th floor, as the girl goes up in the elevator towards her inevitable death.

CREEPY!

That just gave me the chills.

I have one that I believe is based on a true story.

There was a man in an elevator going home, the elevator stopped at one stop and a suspicious looking man in a trench coat

came in. You couldn't see his face because he covered it with his coat. The next night he got a doorbell ring, It was a police

officer, the officer asked if he'd seen anyone suspicious in the apartment building as there was a murder case. He didn't want

to get involved so he said he had not. Later that night. He turned on the news and a picture of a murder suspect was on,

it was the police officer.

The guy had put on a fake police uniform and asked him to see if he needed to kill the guy :vicx:

CREEPY!

That just gave me the chills.

I have one that I believe is based on a true story.

There was a man in an elevator going home, the elevator stopped at one stop and a suspicious looking man in a trench coat

came in. You couldn't see his face because he covered it with his coat. The next night he got a doorbell ring, It was a police

officer, the officer asked if he'd seen anyone suspicious in the apartment building as there was a murder case. He didn't want

to get involved so he said he had not. Later that night. He turned on the news and a picture of a murder suspect was on,

it was the police officer.

The guy had put on a fake police uniform and asked him to see if he needed to kill the guy :vicx:

Yeah, it's creepy. I heard that one before too. In the one I told, the true story was that there was also a little boy in the elevator who lived on a lower floor. The little boy saw that the man had a knife and pretended the girl was his family's friend, telling her she had promised to come to dinner with them. She went out with him and he told her about the man having a knife and took her to his family's place.

Guest KateLove

Yeah, it's creepy. I heard that one before too. In the one I told, the true story was that there was also a little boy in the elevator who lived on a lower floor. The little boy saw that the man had a knife and pretended the girl was his family's friend, telling her she had promised to come to dinner with them. She went out with him and he told her about the man having a knife and took her to his family's place.

Ah those kind of stories ESP give me the creeps because it happened, or could very likely happen.

Ah I love scary stories. But I'm in my room alone now, so it's really creepy ^^ Haha.

I'm going to look up more online ... >.> I wonder if there are sites.

May not be exactly what you want, bit it gave me the jibblies when i first readi it,

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

I really liked this story. I think I'm going to use it on my neices. Hm, they might not get it though lol.

Guest BrittanyKim

haha we we're telling scary stories at my OLD church which just so happened to have a giant hole in the door cause someone took out the lock thing.

after my friend told the same story i ran to "the bathroom" and found red paper

and i put it on the opposing side and it freaked them out so badly when they saw it(:

Guest xshoeee

omggg. that gave me goosebumps. so freaky!

A young girl walking home from school found a small pile of Polaroid photos lying in the gutter. There were twenty in all, neatly wrapped in a rubber band. She picked them up, and as she walked she started to browse. The first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn’t make out his features. The girl slid the photo to the back of the stack and looked at the next one. The photo was of the same man now standing a bit closer. The girl flipped through the next several photos quickly. With each one the man in the picture came a bit closer and his features were a bit clearer. Turning the last corner to her house, the girl noticed that the man in the photos seems to be looking at her even when she moved the stack from side to side. It frightened her, but she kept flipping them over, one by one. By the nineteenth picture, the man was so close his face completely filled the frame. His expression was the most horrifying the girl had ever seen. Walking up the driveway, she turned to the last photo. This time, instead of an image, there were two words: “Close enough.” Hearing a scream, the girl’s brother rushed to the door and opened it. All he saw was a pile of photographs lying on the doorstep. The top one looked like an extremely pale version of his sister, but she was standing too far back for him to be sure.

Guest KateLove

A young girl walking home from school found a small pile of Polaroid photos lying in the gutter. There were twenty in all, neatly wrapped in a rubber band. She picked them up, and as she walked she started to browse. The first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn’t make out his features. The girl slid the photo to the back of the stack and looked at the next one. The photo was of the same man now standing a bit closer. The girl flipped through the next several photos quickly. With each one the man in the picture came a bit closer and his features were a bit clearer. Turning the last corner to her house, the girl noticed that the man in the photos seems to be looking at her even when she moved the stack from side to side. It frightened her, but she kept flipping them over, one by one. By the nineteenth picture, the man was so close his face completely filled the frame. His expression was the most horrifying the girl had ever seen. Walking up the driveway, she turned to the last photo. This time, instead of an image, there were two words: “Close enough.” Hearing a scream, the girl’s brother rushed to the door and opened it. All he saw was a pile of photographs lying on the doorstep. The top one looked like an extremely pale version of his sister, but she was standing too far back for him to be sure.

Holy Crap.

I love it!

Guest xshoeee

I didn't get it at first, but then I got it.

& It was scary :(

Ok this just mini cooper me up a bit, i'm sitting here in the dark at 2am typing away with nothing but my lappy screen for a light source, i'm a teen too,

Every child fears under their bed. If they don’t, they fear the closet, or maybe that little crack in the almost closed door.

Scientists know that children are more perceptive, they see things adults don’t. They aren’t yet tethered into only accepting what society wants them to accept. They see what is truly there.

They see the monsters.

If you were to borrow a child’s eyes and see through them for a night, you would go insane. To be able to see what you only dimly remember, burrowing into your covers while wearing those train pajamas, hoping to a God you can barely comprehend that “it” doesn’t see you back…would drive an adult crazy. Because Adults forget the rules.

1) Cover yourself. If you can’t see it, it can’t see you. Even if it makes it harder to breathe.

2) Don’t make a noise. Every whimper can lead to destruction.

3) Don’t move. It attracts their attention.

4) Only light can make them go away. Bright light. Flashlights make it worse.

Teens are caught in the middle. They still feel what’s there, but they cannot see… and they forget the rules….

Why do you think there are so many insomniacs typing at their computers, subconsciously praying the light from their monitor will be enough to keep them away?

It’s not. Now look behind you with a child’s eyes and try not to scream.

Archived