True Blood

Guest sirce

Never read the books but I just watched the first two episodes and I must say it's pretty entertaining....

Although I'm not sure if I'm enjoying the actor who plays Bill...

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CorrectionYourWrongImRight

i really enjoyed the second eps, i think the show is JUST starting its train. and we are finally gonna meet all his crazy friends. :D

^ How have you guys already seen the second episode?

Was it a legit version? I mean the first ep just got shown on HBO. :ph34r:

I too think Bill is hot in the series.

But still, I'm a Sookie+Eric lover.

:phew: So sad, he will only start appearing from the 4th ep.

^oh so it did bad on its first week???

i thought the story was decent...

i would watch more of the coming episodes...

i hope they don't pull it because of low ratings in the first series premire... like they did for Journeyman

i hope they don't pull it because of low ratings in the first series premire... like they did for Journeyman

I don't think so. I read that HBO already ordered a second season before they even showed the first ep.

And with all the expensive marketing, I think HBO will be expecting more viewers the upcoming months.

Guest CorrectionYourWrongImRight

i got the second eps off of Mininova.org its totally legit, maybe not fully legal tho :ph34r:

is it me or is bills head shaped kinda...funny? :huh:

Guest HeffyEnd

I thought the premiere was decent, not much happened in it though. I also couldn't help but feel like I was watching a teenaged girls fantasy come to life. Brooding vampire... seduce me... blah

<3 Anna Paquin though

oooo i started this show it's pretty good!

very uncensored but pretty much delivering the sexy vampire vibe that alot of writers and film makers have been doing for a long time now.

Jason is such a rainbow!!!

but i think sookie and bill will be very cute together!

can't wait for the 3rd episode!

Guest losborrachos

i'm liking it, thank god it's not set in new york or any other big city. i'm sure they're butchering the accent but the setting is so refreshing. so far anna paquin and stephen moyer are explosive together. but i'm definitely waiting for eric to show up and see what they're gonna do with his character before i decide which pairing i like better.

Guest wildstyled

I'm totally into True Blood!!! and I agree with heffyend, I feel like it's a girl fantasy or something XD. But anyway, I missed the second ep last night T_T but reruns come all this week I think, so I'll be able to catch it then. I knew I would like this series from the start because I love anything supernatural-ish...but to be honest, the first ep was moving kind of slow. I know it'll start picking up the pace from the 2nd or 3rd ep and on, but the first one was just like GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!!! XD

~mich

Just watched ep. 2. Yeah, its really getting better now. Much funnier too.:)

I don't even mind Tara now, especially how she was at the party.

Anyway, does anyone know where to look to get the ratings for ep2 (and future episodes)? I'm curious to see if now more people are watching.

Just watched ep. 2. Yeah, its really getting better now. Much funnier too.:)

I don't even mind Tara now, especially how she was at the party.

Anyway, does anyone know where to look to get the ratings for ep2 (and future episodes)? I'm curious to see if now more people are watching.

really?? i still don't like tara she's just so rude! but i bet they'll show her having a rough past of some sort that made her the way she is. and her nasty crush on jason??? EWWWW he's only slept with almost every girl in town!

I watched the preair version by accident and I actually liked Brooke Kerr as Tara. The new girl doesn't seem very appealing... I liked the mixture of humour and horror in it. The nudity put me off. There's sex and then there's too much. I think the show was pushing it a little. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Guest Sky's Crying

I love True Blood! I am a huge Twilight fan as well, but this show is completely separate for me. I particularly enjoy the overall style and feel of the show. I thought the opening credits and the theme song were brilliant. It totally captures that spooky and bluesy vibe that Ball was shooting for.

As for the actors, Stephen Moyer is smoking hot as Bill. Anna Paquin has matured so much since X-Men also. I'm not from the south, so I'm not very picky about the accuracy of their accents--so that didn't bother me nearly as much as it bothered some others I suppose.

The only thing I have to say that I didn't like was just how they portrayed some of the eroticism in the show. The vampire sex tape was a little ridiculous. I wish they could have been a little smarter with the editing in the show. I felt like the tape made the show seem so vulgar at the moment, even in spite of all the sexuality in the show. For me, there was a fine line between being camp and vulgar...and the tape just pushed it for me.

Though the references to homophobia and just other-ness in general were pretty heavy-handed (think "Coming out of the coffin," the "GOD HATES FANGS" sign in the opening credits, the act of draining vampires (hate crime?)), I thought it was okay. I love how tongue-in-cheek the show is sometimes.

Love it! I'm looking forward to episode 3 and am picking up Dead Until Dark on Wednesday :)

Archived