Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Comments

• stampystampy Vancouver! RepresentPosts: 215Member
    QUOTE (V A L XD @ Jul 30 2008, 05:26 PM) »
    EDIT:

My second time making the mini-Cake Lollies. I think it came out better. The first time I made it, the cake was too moist but this time, I tweak the recipe a bit and it came out perfect image I had a little trouble with the milk chocolate though, I think I overheated it 'cause it wasn't very dippable. It was the biggest hit at my friends farewell picnic. People were fighting over the last one!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Vale...615835_file.jpg

So cute! And they look yummy. image Mmm..

Vegetarian Lasagna

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
    (The secret to chewy cookies is to replace the baking soda in the recipe for corn starch!)

Home-made French Vanilla Ice Cream
    Ice cream makers are funnnn lol.

Sorry for the huge photos! And opinions would be most welcome. image
  • dearpaperheart.dearpaperheart. icon creation by MiSs L.E ? in my imaginary box Posts: 1,786Friend of Soompi
    ^ The vegetarian lasagna looks good, and I've been trying for healthy alternatives.
    Can I have the recipe? :]
  • OMGitzYOUOMGitzYOU o.o CaliforniaPosts: 1,148Member

IDOL

@ V A L X D

Can you tell me what you used for the pink part (loli) , I tried it with AlmondBark coating but it came out hard and crunchy?
    FnF!
  • stampystampy Vancouver! RepresentPosts: 215Member
    edited August 2008
    QUOTE (fungie; @ Jul 31 2008, 11:22 PM) »
    ^ The vegetarian lasagna looks good, and I've been trying for healthy alternatives.
    Can I have the recipe? :]

Not a problem. But I don't use recipes when I cook - only when I bake; you can adjust the proportions if you'd like. And the recipe I'm going to type up, won't match the picture because when I was making the lasagna in the picture, I didn't have all my ingredients .. it was a last minute thing lol. But I've made this before following the recipe below, so no worries!

Vegetarian Lasagna

Ingredients:
    9x12inch casserole dish

1 box lasagna sheets (you'll need 9)
    250g spinach
    8oz tomato sauce
    1 large onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1 eggplant
    1 zucchini
    200 g ricotta cheese
    1 egg

dried oregano
    1 bay leaf

Directions:
    1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Fill a large pot with cold water and put it on the stove at high heat. In a large saucepan, heat up about a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat.
    2) Dice onion and mince garlic. Add onions to saucepan. Add garlic once onion is translucent. Add tomato sauce. Stir occasionally.
    3) Slice eggplant and zucchini into 5mm rounds on an angle. In a large bowl, season slices with salt, pepper and olive oil. Incorporate well.
    4) Spread seasoned veggies onto 2 tin foil-lined baking sheets; 1 sheet for eggplant, the other for zucchini.
    5) Place both baking sheets into the oven. Rotate and switch them after 3 minutes. The eggplant will need 6 minutes, while the zucchini will need 10. To check for doneness .. just eat one lol. Let baked veggies cool. Adjust oven to 350.
    6) Water should be boiling now! Season water with a handful of salt. Add 9 lasagna sheets. Pasta sheets should take no more than 10 minutes. Don't chuck the pasta water!
    7) Add salt and pepper to taste, 1 bay leaf and 2 teaspoons of dried oregano to tomato sauce mix. Lower the heat a bit and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. You should have a slightly thicker, richer sauce in the end.
    8) Blanch spinach in rolling boiling water you used for the pasta. Drain and cover spinach with cold water. Then drain again, and squeeze as much water as you can out of the spinach. Then chop it up!
    9) Mix ricotta with egg in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the chopped spinach.
    10) Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish. Then place 3 pasta sheets, side-by-side, evenly. Spoon almost all the rest of the tomato sauce, leaving about a large ladle-ful of sauce behind. Spread sauce and add three most pasta sheets. Then spread the ricotta-spinach mixture and add the remaining 3 pasta sheets. Spread the last scoop of tomato sauce thinly on top, so that the eggplant and zucchini have something to stick to.
    11) Arrange the slices of eggplant and zucchini however you want and then put it into the oven until the ricotta bubbles a little or around 20 - 30 minutes.
    12) Enjoy!

Additional explanations ...
    1) If you want to get specific, I used a yellow onion, and a Chinese/Japanese eggplant. I find that this variety of eggplant has little or no seeds.
    2) Washing and preparing raw spinach can be a pain in the Richard Simmons. So you can get someone else to do it image or buy frozen spinach. Either is fine!
    3) If you don't want to make tomato sauce from scratch, canned is perfectly fine. I recommend Hunt's, and they even come seasoned too. The seasoned ones are handy if you don't have dried oregano or bay leaves. Dried herbs can be pricey!
    4) I know adding a handful of salt seems like a lot, but trust me on this! It's a huge pot of water, and the pasta is tasteless. It needs it! If you're worried .. do a small handful.
    5) An egg sounds weird in this recipe, but it allows the ricotta to set when baked. So when you slice into the lasagna, the ricotta doesn't mush out.
    6) Since you mentioned you want to eat healthier, you can nix the ricotta/egg mix altogether. And if you do it this way, you can just use 6 pasta sheets and put the spinach with the tomato sauce at the end.
    7) Another way to go if you still want cheese is to add parmesan cheese on top. Parmesan cheese has a lot less fat than ricotta cheese.
    8) The recipe does say "Vegetarian Lasagna" but I once made it with ground turkey and it was yummyyy. For this option, cook ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, then drain out the gross fat/water stuff. After that, you can add the olive oil and cook the onion and garlic .. and continue from there!

Okay, whew! I think that's it. Let me know if I left anything out or if you have any questions. Happy cooking. image
  • NekoYashaNekoYasha Posts: 102Member
    O___O Wow....*bows to you* Thank you soo much!
  • dearpaperheart.dearpaperheart. icon creation by MiSs L.E ? in my imaginary box Posts: 1,786Friend of Soompi
    ^ Thank you so much! I will try it when I have the time! image
    Updated again, with one new recipe.
  • sourx3candisourx3candi Posts: 583Member
    QUOTE (xbaaByette @ Jul 31 2008, 10:44 PM) »
    And OMG V A L XD, may I please receive the recipe for the mini cupcake lollies ?
    The one that's stuck into the stiro foam whatever LOL plate .

i'm not V A L XD, but here's the website where you can get the directions

http://bakerella.blogspot.com/search/label/cupcake%20pops

it's in one of those posts =D

i love her website, she makes so many cute yummy things
    Live.Laugh.Love
  • peachy_keen404peachy_keen404 Special f(x) On your computer screen~Posts: 139Member
    edited August 2008
    You are the greatest for making this thread.
    WE SALUTE YOU! :DD
  • azn_goodiesazn_goodies CanadaPosts: 53Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (lilaznluv143 @ Aug 1 2008, 12:07 AM) »
    mm that look ssooo goood!!lols cann u post teh recipee pls nn thxss!!!

Here you go! image
    http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/easy...anut-88844.aspx
  • V A L XDV A L XD Heo Young Saeng <3 San JosePosts: 5,023Member
    edited August 2008
    QUOTE (OMGitzYOU @ Aug 1 2008, 12:42 AM) »
    @ V A L X D

Can you tell me what you used for the pink part (loli) , I tried it with AlmondBark coating but it came out hard and crunchy?

Oh, I see the problem here, I used Candy Melts white chocolate in pink. You can get them at any craft store. They come in all colors of the rainbow.

The reason why yours came out hard when you used Almond bark was because Almond bark is an artifical chocolate made out of fat and flavoring, so it's not real chocolate coating. Real chocolate coating shouldn't come out hard and crunchy, but smooth and creamy in your mouth.

I hope that helps image

sourx3candi: Thanks for answer her question image LOL But yea, I got the whole recipe off of Bakeralla.

Thank you everyone for the comments image
    Cute tops, cardigans, and more!
    Updated again with one new recipe.
  • yunayuna &#28331;&#21733;&#33775;Posts: 1,459Member
  • crackednutcrackednut MassachusettsPosts: 5,562Member
    Everyone's on a roll!!! *cheers*
    stampy- that lasagna looks so delicious!!! Definitely going to try it soon.

Just made Honey Spice Cakes in minicake/giant cupcake form

for more pics, and some background info, you can check my livejournal:
    http://likealways01.livejournal.com/2369.html
  • curlexcurlex dublinPosts: 59Member
    Yum everyones cookings look delicious !!^^ i made this with my sis the other day and i dont relly have a name for it but its like loads of vegetables with mixed with this really spicy sauce!!image
  • serendipityxtserendipityxt loves free stuff New Jersey, USAPosts: 1,385Member
    i made steak burritos with bebesmilex ;3

sooo good <3333
  • SouthernBelle82SouthernBelle82 Posts: 2,154Banned
    QUOTE (idiotsucks @ Jul 20 2008, 12:10 AM) »
    lol hi for those who like the chicken nuggets dat i made.. haaaa.. i din expect anybody to like it though cuz i posted it somewhere in the other forums, no respond was given. n erm.. i starting to luv soompi cuz it seems theres always ppl replying ur thread.. unlike some other forums.. whatever u post, u r replied with nothing. kinda hurt sometimes. feel like being isolated? =________= alrite enough for dat.. soompi is the best! XD

CHICKEN NUGGETS RECIPE :

I learn frm videojug actually. here's a link of it. u can try to learn frm here. =)

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-chicken-nuggets

I'm not sure if I've thanked you yet for this but thank you so much for them! I'm going to try to have it this week for dinner or lunch. image

QUOTE (MIS0HAPPY @ Jul 22 2008, 01:19 AM) »
    dak kang jung
    turned out too sticky.
    lol sorry pictures are huge. ._.;

May be to late to ask but can you get the recipe for dak kang jung? Thanks in advanced. It looks so good!
  • Myss BlewmMyss Blewm Futbol = <3 Posts: 4,057Member
    QUOTE (crackednut @ Aug 2 2008, 12:10 AM) »

OMG those look so good. image Why can't I live nearby to steal your food?

Stampy- your lasagna looks really delish! I want to try it out some time!
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
  • V A L XDV A L XD Heo Young Saeng <3 San JosePosts: 5,023Member
    QUOTE (SouthernBelle82 @ Aug 2 2008, 10:47 PM) »
    May be to late to ask but can you get the recipe for dak kang jung? Thanks in advanced. It looks so good!

Here you go. Both me and her got it off Maangchi's website.
    Cute tops, cardigans, and more!
  • MercyMercy ??????? Posts: 623Member

My first cake !! ^^
    No no...my first SUCCESSFUL cake.
    It's a two-layer sandwich of strawberry jam. Topped with strawberry frosting, strawberry syrup, and fresh strawberries (:
    It's a bit too sweet for me but my brother likes it!

I'll know next time to lessen the jam and syrup =_=