Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest jhing

Jeon Ji-hyun hoping to rise as Hollywood star

Korean Actress Jeon Ji-hyun, one of the top stars of Hallyu (or “Korean Wave” referring to an explosive popularity of Korean pop culture) is now finally ready to rise in Hollywood as an Asian star in as her Hollywood-made movie Blood: The Last Vampire is to be released worldwide soon.

Her management agency Sidus HQ said Monday (June 9) that the film in which Jeon plays the leading role of vampire hunter Saya who is half-human and half-vampire is to be released in the U.S., Canada, Central and South America through the Universal Studio in September.

In addition, France's largest independent film studio and the film's financial backer Pathé, as well as Hong Kong-born world-renowned producer Bill Kong are planning to release the American adaptation of Kitakubo Hiroyuki's Blood: The Last vampire in France and Hong Kong respectively this Fall.

Based on the anime movie and series, the film is about the adventures of Saya, a half-vampire employed by the U.S. government to hunt demons in post-World War II Japan.

Her management agency SidusHQ said that with the opening of the movie, Jeon Ji-hyun, who is using the English name Gianna Jun for her Hollywood debut, will have the chance to show the world know who she is.

Jeon is already a big name in Asia. She has gained popularity not only in Korea but also in Hong Kong, China, and Japan for her role in the movie My Sassy Girl (Yeopgijeogin Geunyeo).

She has also drawn Hollywood´s interest through the movie The Lake House, starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. The movie is a remake of the Korean movie Il Mare, which starred Jeon. Jeon's hit movie My Sassy Girl is also currently being remade in the United States, with actress Elisha Cuthbert playing the lead.

Jeon is currently preparing for a media tour through the United States from July to promote her latest film.

Article courtesy of Korea.net

dated June 13, 2008

Guest -sLeEpYhEaD-

cant believe that the U.S are resorting to re-making korean movies..il mare is one hting but my sassy girl???? It's waaaaay korean..how are they gonna live up to JJH's success???

Guest jhing

cant believe that the U.S are resorting to re-making korean movies..il mare is one hting but my sassy girl???? It's waaaaay korean..how are they gonna live up to JJH's success???

I've seen the teaser for MSG remake and I laughed my head off. It was soooo good. haha Am actually going to see it and enjoy the movie and maybe do some comparisons to the original but I have a feeling I will love it as much as I loved JJH's one.

I think the Asian movie industry should be proud that Hollywood keep remaking their movies because it only means that Asian movies are very unique and worth remaking just for the English-speaking viewers. I don't have problems with remakes as long as they're done properly. I couldn't care less with the crappy ones but hey that's entertainment to you. haha

Guest Yohan

Jeon Ji-hyun hoping to rise as Hollywood star

Her management agency Sidus HQ said Monday (June 9) that the film in which Jeon plays the leading role of vampire hunter Saya who is half-human and half-vampire is to be released in the U.S., Canada, Central and South America through the Universal Studio in September.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to watch it in Sept. However, I really hope her English is better in the film than the commercials where she spoke with a horrible accent ^^;

Guest jicks

^Well you can't really expect someone who's lived in a non-English speaking country all their life to pick up the language w/o any impurities in their accent in a few months time... I'm sure she's trying her best! I only hope though that the English barrier doesn't hold her performance back though, I have seen actors in movies of a foreign language to them sub par from their usual acting ability... it's like you can see them concentrating on the language too much! Anyways, enough of my babbling.

According to Masiela Lusha's blog (who stars as Sharon in Blood), the film is scheduled for an Oct 2008 release.

http://www.masielalusha.com/projects/blood.php

But I've also read about 3 or 4 variations in dates so who knows ><!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, here are some more 17Tea pics>>>

jjh_17tea_230608_02.jpg

jjh_17tea_230608_03.jpg

jjh_17tea_230608_04.jpg

jjh_17tea_230608_06.jpg

jjh_17tea_230608_01.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^The dress in the last pic is hot!! (Or is it the drink O___o ???)

Guest jhing

that dress in the last pic sure is HOTT! haha Thanks for the pics jicks

ohh, so Blood is now scheduled for an Oct release? Can't wait! That means the trailer should be coming out real soon. July, maybe? hehe *crosses fingers*

Guest yum yum dimsum

so good to be back here :)

anyway she will be in China tomorrow to promote Asience for the Asian Beauty Festival. She'll probably arrive tonight or tomorrow morning. I can't wait. I'm so glad she's starting to get active again in the media.

I'm not feeling the Rain-Ji Hyun pairing... that's too much star power in one drama. a pairing like this only works in CF's. lol

if this pairing does happen I guess we can only hope that it will live up to the hype it's going to get.

and hopefully it will be as good as 'Thank You' and 'Sangdoo'

Guest jhing

welcome back yum!

I can't wait for Blood to come out. and it better get an Australian/October release too. hahaha I know jicks would love to watch it on the big screen as well coz he's also from Oz. lol

hehe you're not feeling the Rain-Jihyun pairing? I am! haha but yeah, am hoping it'll push through and if it does I hope to heck it's going to be a good one. I loved Sangdoo and all but I didn't really feel the main girl so I didn't really get giddy. lol

Guest yum yum dimsum

most of us here are from Oz me thinks. but yea, we usually get movies a month (or two) after its US release.

anyway.. a few pics from last night. she sure does love white. i'm digging her shoes :)

Asian Beauty Festival

abf08009rg0.jpgabf08010xj4.jpg

abf08003lc5.jpgabf08002ju3.jpg

abf08013hk7.jpg

Guest yum yum dimsum

here's more. she looks so well rested now, unlike during the 'Superman' promotion. she's ready to kick-as5 with 'Blood'!!

abf08024sj7.jpgabf08031ob8.jpg

abf08026rn3.jpg

abf08028rw7.jpg

^ she's glowing :) but she looks bored and lost in the video.. probably because she doesn't understand people around her. and the camera flashing in her face every second.

Guest jicks

^I've actually noticed on a few occasions where some Korean artists end up looking disinterested on stage when they are in a forgeign country... but I guess it's all just a "lost in translation" situation XP

But anyways, I like her image here! She's looking really feminine yet subtly sexy. And I don't know if it is just me but the dress kinda gives me a lil Marilyn Monroe vibe. And yeah, her shoes are cuuute =)

welcome back yum!

I can't wait for Blood to come out. and it better get an Australian/October release too. hahaha I know jicks would love to watch it on the big screen as well coz he's also from Oz. lol

^^Agreed but only thing is, I'm a she!! I just drool over JJH because she's just downright sassy lol

Guest yum yum dimsum

^ yea i agree. i wonder if she will stay in China or fly to the US to start promoting the film.

Anycall Soul

smpss095he3.jpg

her legs should have a career of its own

Guest Miraz

i hate rain the most :P even there will be a drama. perhaps they are not a lover :))

very nice to see JJH on that dress.

it looks like the promotion is going to start, thats mean there'll be many news coming :D

hope blood will show in INA.

Guest jhing

as always, thanks for the pics YUM! omg you're from Oz too. I didn't know. haha now I know! haha I think Blood should have a premiere here too. I know JJH is pretty popular here esp. with the Asian male population. lol My bro and I sure will fly down to Sydney or Melbourne for the premiere. hahahaha

Jicks! sorry dearie. I always thought you're a guy coz of your post name and coz you like to drool over our sassy girl. hahaha

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

Geesh months passed before I get to post here again :sweatingbullets:

What's new on Ji Hyun? Does she have any upcoming movie? tvc? or series?

Guest Happy_Day

So.. Is she making her Hollywood debut soon or what?! I've been waiting forever but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Is Blood: The Last Vampire going straight to DVD?

Hope she grows out her bangs, her hair was her trademark. She looks cute now, but indistinguishable from other K-actresses.

• 2 weeks later...