Why Do People Make Fun Of Michael Bolton?

Guest Pinkey

Why do people make fun of Michael Bolton? Just wondering. I listen to his greatest hits CD in my car every morning on my way to school and his songs are sooo good. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. He's not like Barry Manilow, that godless killing machine; Michael Bolton's music is actually good. I always see people make fun of him even in movies like Office Space. Why would they do that to such a talented man?

Guest crackednut

I love his music too!! He has a nice voice.

it might be his appearance that they poke fun at lol

at least during this phase:

bolton.jpg

he looks MUCH better after he chopped off that ridiculously long hair :lol:

(and dare I say quite handsome? in the older man way, of course haha)

or it could be the fact that he used to be in a heavy metal band and then making a 180degree change to soft ballads

I admit...I make fun of him myself on occasion

theres just something about him that makes him a prime target

like Phil Collins lol

Guest Myss Blewm

It's the fact that he sings love songs and a lot of older women swoon over him. Nothing wrong with that, but it's like easy target you know?

I must say, I'm not a big fan of his but he does have some good songs.

Guest lowdown4155

He's a great singer, with beautiful voice.

I think it's mainly guys who hate on him and they're obviously jealous because tons of women adore Michael Bolton (that's just a fact, lol).

Guest FawkYoo

I think its becuz.. He had a Mullet through out his entire career, and hes a white guy trying to sing Rnb, back when white guys never did sang RnB.. and his style and voice of singing like consitapation.. i dunno i saw it on VH1

Guest simpleandpink

Au Contraire, I enjoy his music.

I just think it's his IMAGE. :lol: Even when I hear the word "Michael Bolton" I kind of start laughing, like now x_x

Guest nikkeijin

haha...yes it's because of his old hair style I reckon. I personally don't like his voice -- it gets on my nerves for some reason. But I can admit he's talented.

• 1 month later...

My mom listened to him a lot when I was little. ^^ I... err... used to kind of refer to him as the guy with funny hair. O_O; *guilty* Lol, that was back when I thought love songs were "icky." -__-;

But... he is talented. That, I can admit. ^^

Guest Paradox

I think it's mostly what he's associated with, ya know? A lot of middle-aged housewife types are known for liking him (doesn't mean other people don't, but that tends to be the majority)

Guest AL_NT_ATT

i think people make fun of him for his ridiculous mullet. he was really big during the mullet days but he kept it and it looks hilarious. well that's why people on tv and such make fun of him.

I had no idea people made fun of him so much, :x Oh gosh, I loooove this one song by him from like the 80s or early 90s or something.

But I think it's his blonde mullet, lol. and that he sings love ballads. But mostly because of his mullet. Dx

Archived