Kim Tae Woo (김태우)

Name : Kim Tae Woo
Date of Birth : 12th May 1981
Physique: Height 190cm / Weight 88kg
Education : Graduated from Kyung Hee University
Blood type : B
Hobbies : Basketball, Starcraft, Have soju with friends
Motto : “Become an essential person in the world.”
Favorite Musician : Park Jin-young, Lee Seung-chul, Lim Jae-Bum, Kim Gun Mo, James Ingram, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross
Current Label : Soulshop Entertainment

BIOGRAPHY
He is the lead vocal from the legendary group idol god. He is known with his superb vocal and also his charm. He is the youngest in god but the tallest singer in Korea with a height of 190 cm. After god went on break after their 7th album 'Into the Sky' in 2005, all the members went on to concentrate with their own solo activities.

Kim Tae Woo also not left behind as he released a solo special album in 2006. This album contained 10 tracks, 5 of which featured with other singers. This was his gift for fans before he entering his two years of military service.

In 2007 he released a digital single titled "Be Alright" as a message to his fans that he is doing alright in the army and hopes that fans will keep supporting him. In the army he did not enter military entertainment like most celebrities, but joined the regular military activities instead. Due to his good records and achievements, he had received awards.

Kim Tae Woo had ended his services on February 25th this year and meet the fans in the evening after being released that same morning. He had a mini concert in which Son Ho Young came as a surprise.

He released a digital single on May 19th titled "Memory and Remembrance." This song became a hit because it featured other god members Park Joon Hyung, Danny Ahn and Son Ho Young. The song was about the memories that been created by the group when while they had been together and how they cherish it.

After the digital single, Kim Tae Woo made his official comeback by releasing the first part of his first album that is T-Virus. He worked on the track title "Love Rain" with producer Lee Hyun Seung for five months before releasing it. This song tells a story after the love has ended and every time the rain falls down the love story will come up again. The song is up tempo, skillful arrangement and has TaeWoo's beautiful voice to complete it.

All six tracks on this album has been produced by Kim Tae Woo himself. He also has duet with Lyn. 'Love Rain' have received much love and is still going strong in the music charts. Kim Tae Woo asked fans to participate in the music video which took 10 hours to record. As a reward, they were the first group that got to watch Kim Tae Woo perform Love Rain.
He opened his own music company named Soulshop Entertainment.

DISCOGRAPHY
* The Words I Wish to Say (solo special, 2006-10-26) : Piano, Song.. Speak to Me, M.U.S.I.C., I Love U Oh Thank U, Instant, The Words I Wish to Say, By the Name of the Friend, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter

* Be Alright (Single, 2007-03-20)

* Remembrance and Memories (Digital Single, 19-05-2009)

* T-Virus (Part 1, Vol.1 03-09-2009) : Words I Want to Say Part 2, Faster feat. Yubi, Love Rain, When I Say Yah! You Say Yes! Duet with Lyn, More and More feat. Henry, Memories and Recollection feat. Jun Hyung, Ho Young, Danny

OST/Collaboration/Featuring
* 날아오르다 OST (OST, 2007-08-31) Track 01 날아오르다 (Feat.수호)
* Iris OST (Part 4) (OST, 2009-11-11) Track 01 꿈을 꾸다 / Dreaming Dream

CONCERT
22-24 December 2006 Soul Shopping - Midnight Concert
29-30 December 2006 Soul Shopping - Midnight Concert
26-31 May 2009 Stars on Stage

MUSICAL
2006 Altar Boyz2014 The Lost Garden

MUSIC VIDEO
- Words I Want To Say 하고싶은 말 MV- Song Talks 노래야 말해줘 Miracle on 1st Street OST MV- Be Alright MV- Fly Up 날아 오르다 Sky High OST MV- Memory and Remembrance Teaser | MV- Love Rain 사랑비 Teaser | MV- Dreaming Dream 꿈을꾸다 IRIS OST Teaser | MV- Love Snow MV- Dropping Rain 빗물이 내려서 Personal Taste OST MV- That Wings 그대라는 날개 Personal Taste OST MV- Brothers & Me Teaser | MV- Echo / Meari 메아리 MV- Fall in Love 사랑에 빠지다 Warrior Baek Dong Soo OST MV- When I Look At Myself 내가 나를 봐도 슬퍼 Teaser | MV- Cosmic Girl Teaser | MV | Making- Goodbye 굿바이 MV

LINKS
SNS : Twitter | YoutubeSoulshop Entertainment : Website | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
updating in progress. :)>-

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vic_taebin

OOo first one to post!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear about his solo album! Me gotta buy it! Haha and cant wait for his showcase .... hehe Halloween seems to be fun this year!

WE SHOULD ALL COME AND SUPPORT TAEWOO before he goes into the army. TAEWOO OPPA FIGHTING!=)

Guest mintoro

ommmo tae woo gonna have album this month

i just bought hoyoung's album

gonna broke after this... >"<

but im really looking forward to this....

>"<

I'm excited to hear what he can do as a solo singer!! ....but I'm pretty disappointed that there will only be four new songs... :\ But I'll still buy it, of course.

Guest adikkeluangman

Finally TaeWoo own thread. I'm so happy guys.

Anyway please buy his album if you can direct from Korea not through YesAsia since it will not be calculated.

:)

Kim Tae Woo looks warm and friendly. He has manly charms and gentle charisma that makes you want to give him a hug. I have not heard his music much but he is a decent singer. His nice personality is a plus too!! :P

:) wahh.. taewoo has his own thread?

hehhe.. congrats!!

just luv to hear his voice ^^ n yep, i definitely buy his album

thanks dabin for all his cute n sweet taewoo .. :)

Sharing this nice article written by someone.

Credit all goes to godvibe.

Story of KIM TaeWoo

d620061019_27684963.jpg

May 12, 1981 Born in Kumi, Kyunsangbook-do. Has two elder sisters, 192 cm, around 78kg.

Majoring in Postmodern music at Kyunghee University.

Joined in god after sending his recorded tape to JYP.

192 cm and 78 kg....TaeWoo might look like a basketball player rather than a singer and because of his appearance, his nickname is [Pooh]. He is the youngest member in god, who has a warmer heart than anyone else.

TaeWoo is....

A boy who has poured out his best efforts to achieve his dream.

A boy who joined in god last, but overcame all the difficulties that might have bothered him because of that.

A boy who endured hard times without any complaint.

Now from a boy to a man....

His true charm as a singer is shown on stage.

Sometimes with a powerful voice, other times with a tearful voice....

He can make any song his and listening his songs, we realize that talent is not in proportion to age.

TaeWoo, he is the lead vocalist in god.

As a member of god, he is growing up more and more.

Step by step, he is going up the stairs to his dream and we believe that someday he will reach his destination.

Now he is releasing his first special solo album and we are expecting his wonderful stage once more.

TaeWoo, wish you all the best and with great success in your special album!

Guest vic_taebin

yay! *STANDING OVATION* GO Kim TAEWOO! at first glance, you dont really see any attractiveness, but if you just look at him for awhile, he's pretty good-looking for a guy his stature and he dances pretty well for a guy his stature ( who's tall and a little heavy ). At first i was like that, but then after i got to know his personality through talk shows, gameshows, and YOOKAHILGI! And plus, i love how he smiles when the audience is singing along ... makes him look like a little boy.

If i was bored at a party, i'd call Kim Taewoo to make me laugh and sing to me! Haha... i love this guy, can't wait for his album to come out, which is this week!

Guest Dah_jOkA

man taewoo is awesome, hes so good, i've always beena fan of him and G.O.D

ahh man the song he did with lee dong wook is awesome!

Archived