Worst & Best Endings

Guest peteysunshine

Guest peteysunshine
what are your opinions?
what's everyones top 3 list for worst and best endings of korean dramas? here are mine i love dramas with really incredible endings so hopefully reading some of ur lists will give me some ideas for new dramas to watch WORST ENDINGS 1. Lovers in Paris (HATED it, felt like I wasted 3 days watching this drama because the ending sucked so bad) 2. Stairway to Heaven (self explanatory) 3. Summer Scent (worst drama period) BEST ENDINGS 1. Sangdoo Let's Go to School (LOVED it, i know there was a lot of controversy about the writer's intentions but i think it was perfect whether they lived or died, it was still satisfying either way) 2. Winter Sonata (totally unexpected and incredible) 3. All About Eve (best Cinderella/Fairy Tale ending ever) What are yours??????

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffversion2

I didn't see alot of dramas so let me think:

WORST ENDINGS:

1. Sad Sonata: first off I hated how they made KSW die in it, then I hated how they used Yeon Seong Hoo AGAIN as KHS son...I was like wth

2. Wonderful Life: Left you wondering what the hell happened to Shin-bi

3. Ode to the Han River: idk just the worse ending to a drama ever...so boring

4. Fashion 70s: It wasn't fair at all, I hate Deo-mi now

BEST ENDINGS

1. Super Rookie: I like endings that tell the future, and it was a good ending to the story

2. Prince's First Love: I liked how they ended it with Kim Yu-bi meeting up with that dude with the screwed up hair in the ending

3. Mr. Housewife: The ending was really sweet and pretty funny, and I loved the credits with Oden rising up in teh background it was so funny!

Guest .:Chelly:.

I haven't watched too many but let me see:

Worst Endings:

1. Lovers in Paris (HATED it, felt like I wasted 3 days watching this drama because the ending sucked so bad)

I hated that one too. I was like WTH? I was so confused.

2. Autumn in my Heart: In the end you don't even know what happens to the guy, he gets hit by a truck but does he die?

WORST..

1. Lovers In Paris! absolutely horrifying ending.. the drama was soooo good... but the ending left me swearing and cursing like a mad woman... i was even planning of ways to shut SBS down for coming up with such a ridiculous ending!!!

BEST..

1. NONE! KDRAMA SUCKS AT MAKING SATISFYING ENDINGS!

i'm a big fan of kdrama stories... i mean they're really good, and imaginative with their plots .. but i gotta say... i've never witness a truly satisfactory ending yet.. and i'm losing hope that day will come.. :/

oh and usually... the more creative the story gets... the more creative the writers will try to be in how to kill off the characters of the drama towards the end... eg. how many numbers of killed korean lead actors in kdramas over the number of years... uncountable accidents and sicknesses that befall them...

either that.. or the ending is so overly mushy with so overly mushy lines ..

*shivers* in other words.. the ending is pretty darn predictable...

lately.. there has been more and more endings that felt so rushed.. kinda like an anti climax for viewers like me.. makes it feel like how a baloon would blow blow and blow and then deflates itself...

oh having said that.. i must say that some tragic endings of kdrama are sort of classic.. though i can't love them.. i must give some kudos to the writers.. eg.. MISA.. i remembered i bawled like crazy.. and eyes turned goldfish like after that last episode that was like WHAM to my emotions..

pretty powerful stuff.. but gosh, i hate to admit that kind of ending is one of Kdrama's best :/

BEST:

winter sonata: i mean its bad what happens to BYJ's character, but it was overall a pretty good ending

beautiful days: i like the fact that everyone has a happy ending. best drama ever.

autumn tale: i thought he died at the end. i mean it was really sad, but touching at the same time. i think there was no other ending possible.

WORST:

lovers in paris: it didnt make any sense whatsoever

Guest thatlittlegurl

the absolute best ending: SAVE THE LAST DANCE [couldn't stop crying during the last episode...]

i also liked... DAE JANG GEUM [incredible]

SANG DOO [i believe they lived!!!]

1829 [even though it was predictable]

MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON [i liked it because it was very realistic]

the worst endings: WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI [no comment :blink: ]

GLASS SHOES [sO JI SUP... :( ]

LOVERS IN PARIS [what the heck happened?!?! to this day, i still don't understand it and i never will...]

Guest cloudjuice

Worst endings :( :

What Happened in Bali (if it weren't for the fact the drama was really good overall, I would think this ending totally ruined it)

Lovers in Paris (why the writers bothered writing one which was totally confusing is beyond me)

My Love Patzzi (one of those sit-on-the-fence types)

Best endings (relatively as there are so few which make you feel good later, most are just way too predictable):

Spring Day

Winter Sonata

Hotelier

Wonderful Life(despite one of the previous comments, I actually quite liked it)

Romance

Guest xbtcmdx

OMGGG i agree with everyone here on Lovers In Paris being the worst ending. It was stupid and confusing. After the last episode ended, i was left with a question "WTF?!?!?!"

As for Winter Sonata being one of the best, i would agree with that. I mean, it was so sad, i was crying my eyes out because of BYJ's character but it was gud how it ended with the kiss scene. But I was also kinda unsatisfied with it becuz i was left wondering whether they got baq together after but it seems impossible since she already had a kid with the other guy.

Guest peteysunshine

OMGGG i agree with everyone here on Lovers In Paris being the worst ending. It was stupid and confusing. After the last episode ended, i was left with a question "WTF?!?!?!"

As for Winter Sonata being one of the best, i would agree with that. I mean, it was so sad, i was crying my eyes out because of BYJ's character but it was gud how it ended with the kiss scene. But I was also kinda unsatisfied with it becuz i was left wondering whether they got baq together after but it seems impossible since she already had a kid with the other guy.

she didnt have a kid with the other guy, that was her friend's kid. i was like wtf too when i saw that scene but later it showed that it was their friends' kid.

I can name a million worst endings so I'll just name the ones I liked from the top of my head.

1. Sassy Girl Choon Hyang: It was right for the comedy that it was.

2. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon: Realistic. So perfect for the story.

3. Full House: It was a happy ending for a happy story.

4. Ireland: Made you really think about it. Everyone was at there rightful place in life. Also made you think about life in general.

Guest xbtcmdx

she didnt have a kid with the other guy, that was her friend's kid. i was like wtf too when i saw that scene but later it showed that it was their friends' kid.

what?? really???? omggg....then its a perfect ending :wub:

Guest doroAnxx05

BEST ENDING: *spoiler**

Love Story in Harvard - after all what they have gone through all dose years, da 'So in love' couple was blessed with ... KTH was cured from cancer, lived happily thereafter with KRW.. n cute TRIPLETS!!!!!! :lol:

All about Eve - CR didnt go aboard, she n JDG met at da crossroads, hugged n kissed together!! :P

Guest baeonly

The worst winning list go to:

1. Lovers in Paris (what a stupid ending…..doesn’t make any sense…….the whole series is great……..but the ending ruined the whole thing……..make me so mad……. wasted all my valuable time and $$$$$$$$$$$.......I just wanted to give a writer a big punch for ruining the ending)

2. Sumner Scent-the worst out the worst…………..completely terrible………and doesn’t make sense what so ever.

3. Autumn in my Heart-slow and dragging not just that but the ending is stupid………come on the guy just stand there and got hit by a car………what’s happened to him after that……….the whole series is worthless……..my friend give me the tapes to watch it……..and I fast forward so many parts…….otherwise I could not waste a penny for this series.

4. What Happened in Bali-Great series………but why everyone has to die at the end.

The best winning list go to:

1. Sweet 18-beautiful drama from beginning to end

2. Hotelier-very nice ending……..he truly deserve for what he has given up for love.

3. All About Eve-the prince finally proposed at the end…….what a happy ending.

4. My Sassy Girl-good ending……..the series is ok.

Guest pinkblossom425

best ending

-Sassy/Delightful Girl Choonhyang

-Full House!!!!!

-My Name is Kim Sam Soon

worst ending

-Lovers in Paris hands down

-Wonderful Life-- not as bad as Lovers in Paris.. but still got me lost....

-Let's Go to the Beach-- not all that bad... just going under here cuz i got confused... overall happy satisfying ending tho...

OH C'MON GUYS!

Although "lovers in paris" had a really "unique & queer" ending, I bet more than half of you girls had your heart beat fast and melt b/c of the hot storyline & characters when watching the drama. And wishing upon to have a guy like Park Shin Yang and/or Lee Dong Gun. Think of it this way, at least the ending was not one of those typical k-drama ending, where one dies or whatnot.

Worst ending I thought was winter sonata. I mean WHAT IS UP WITH THE ENDING? They meet and just kiss at the balcony. WTFREAAAAAAAK. I was seriously expecting something more. SUCH a disapppointment.

Guest gelgel87

I agree with all of you on the ending to Lovers In Paris. I do believe that the ending wasn't as good as what we all expected. Although, I think the writers of the drama, wanted us to think about the ending and interpret it ourselves. I watched the last couple minutes of the drama more than twice and I think the real ending was at the scene where Ki-joo and Tae-young was talking by the bridge about the love that they once shared. In my opinion, I think this scene completes the whole drama leaving me with the impression that they did end up togther.

After that scene, it got kind of confusing because Tae-Young and Ki-Joo were again in the same positions as they were in Paris. Tae-young was Ki-joo's maid and Ki-joo job is to sell cars. The difference in this scene is it's in Korea. I think this scene is conveying to the audience that Ki-joo and Tae-Young's love story can happen to anyone. It's like saying history repeats itself. Kind of a weird ending that left most of us with WTH???, but I do believe that the writers wanted us to make sense of the end with our own interpretation. :)

Anyways here are the best endings I've seen so far:

1) Save The Last Dance For Me (oh gosh, the ending was a tear jerker...i couldn't stop crying...it couldn't have been better...it was a happily ever after ending that makes you wish that you could experience the kind of love Hyun-soo and Eun-soo shared...just an amazing ending! makes me want to watch it again ;) )

2) Fire Bird ( the drama was very engaging...the ending was predictable, but i think it made sense. Will and Jeu-in deserved to give love a second chance...great ending :) )

3) Full House (what can i say? this drama was great from beginning to end. Bi and Song Hye-gyo make a great couple. very sweet and funny drama. it's one of those dramas you want to pop into your dvd player when your feeling down and out. )

4) Sassy Girl Delighful Choon-yang Girl (love this drama. both funny and touching at the same time.)

Worst Ending:

1) What Happened In Bali ( :blink: ending was just a dissappointment. i really thought that Ha Ji-won would end up with one of them. the plot was kind of confusing too. i didn't know who she really liked)

2) Stairway To Heaven (i wasted my time watching this drama hoping for a happy ending. but, this drama had that same plots i saw from other k-drama, the cancer, becoming blind, finding your love again, and dying. i wish the ending was better. :mellow: )

3) Summer Scent (the OST to this drama was very nice. the drama itself was a bit boring. it was really draggy and the ending made me dislike the drama. they ended with them passing each other while walking up the stairs. was he suppose to hear her heart beat or something? i'm not too sure. dissappointment again :huh: )

4) Sad Love Story (loved the drama, but not the ending. i want a drama where Kwan Sang-woo or his love doesn't die. the ost was pretty good )

that's it folks... sorry for a long reply :)

Guest Inconnu

Worst ending

1. Lovers in Paris ( ... what everyone sayss ... Hahaaa)

Best ending

1. I'm sorry I love you (so realistic ... he would die in the end and the ending was just PERFECT. =D)

BEST: uhhhh.. I'm still thinking.... endings that brings a smile to my face. hmmmm...

Full House

Delightful Girl ChoonHyang, dragged a bit, but overall great great drama

WORST:

Lovers In Paris. I was confused.. lol

Sad Sonota.. hot actors.. kim heesun couldn't act, and this is my opinion, so don't bash on me. I'd find trillions who'd agree. anyway.. the ending just plain out sucked.. STUPID ENDING..

What happened in Bali. I totally loved the storyline, the cast, and everything about it. The ending was rushed and I hated that everyone just _____.

Spring Day. I don't remember to well about the storyline, but it dragged and that kills any drama.

Guest rockerbabe

WORST :

1. Lovers in Paris - What was that all about? Weird? Confused? <_<:unsure:

2. Autumn in my heart - oh no...

BEST

1. What happened to Bali/ Memories in Bali - SPoiler Alert---->after all that confused relationship between 3 people who cannot decide, they all got shot... Now they can settle in heaven... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2.dae jang geum - nice... romantic.... got what she wants... :D

3. Love story in Harvard - like how I wanted it to end n how they would want it to end... :D

Archived