Bump In The Front Ear Lobe (keloid?)

Guest juicycouture

Guest juicycouture

what is it? please help. i'm freaking out!
Help, please!

Please read all this carefully.

I have had double pierced ears for many years, and have never had a problem with it. I got my cartilage pierced on both ears in March 2006, but I took both of them out because they got infected. (Yes, they were pierced with gun..I know.) On my right near, in BETWEEN my two regular piercings (double piercings), I have had this small hard bump like on the inside of the ear lobe. It's kind of hard to describe, but when I put my finger over my ear lobe, I could feel this tiny bump.

I've had this small bump for several months- maybe close to one year. I have no idea if it's related to the cartilage piercing that I had, but the bump isn't even located near the piercing site or even near the other piercings.

I was randomly feeling the bump last night, and I discovered that it got a LOT bigger. It's slightly reddish, and the bump kind of protrudes from the front of the lobe. What is it? It can't be felt from the back of my ear lobe, just the front. I totally freaked myself out and looked at pictures of keloids, but since I have no idea what it is, I didn't want to jump to hasty conclusions. Should I see a doctor? I feel if I see a doctor, they will dismiss it because it's not that big- and I'm really worried about it growing bigger.

Guest ladyvi

i have that bump too!

but it's in front of my single piercing..

it hurts at times, makes my ear red at times but now its just THERE.

not hurting but just THERE..

sometimes my bumps come and go but this one has been here for a while..

i don't even know what it is myself but just know that you're not the only one

Guest Vienne

I had that last year when I got my earlobes pierced. It is MOST LIKELY a cyst (mine was), but if you feel that it's really serious, then go to the doctor. Mine started out as just a bump and then got inflamed and swelled up and was painful. After a few weeks it died down, and a year later (now), it's shrunk so small I think it's gone completely.

A cyst isn't a big deal.. it's just like a pocket in your ear I think. A lot of people get them as a result of infections... I duno the doctor told me mine wasn't threatening and the only way to get it out is to have surgery which seems pretty dumb for it. But use your best judgement.

i have that too, but for me it's like a pimple and it goes away a couple of days later, then another bump comes up, i can't really explain what it is, but it usually goes away within a week or so.

Guest i n c _ m p l e t e

Describing a bump on your earlobe isn't going to help us figure out what's wrong. It's probably best you do see a doctor before it does get any bigger.

I know someone who had a keloid on her earlobe and the doctor told her that she could either leave it, or surgically remove it with the risk of the keloid returning even bigger! That's partially why I'm afraid of getting my ears pierced again!

Guest juicycouture

thanks guys.

i've had it for months-one year, so it's not like it just popped up during the past week. it's just that it started to grow rapidly during the past day or two.

Guest lovejyk

I had a bump behind my cartilage piercing. It was there for a good 3 months.. and it didn't go away =T

This might not be the smart thing to do..... but I thought the bump was there because there was an infection stuck inside my piercing or something like that. I stretched my cartilage with a 12g barbell. The barbell made it easier for me to clean my piercing and my ear solution thing that I used to keep it from being infected went into my piercing easier because the hole was bigger.

It went away 1 week after I added the barbell in.

It kind of hurt when I was forcing it in. I don't think forcing a 12g barbell in a infected piercing was a smart thing to do but I was willing to do anything to get rid of the infection because I didn't want to let the piercing close up and me end up losing it.

I don't know if any of that helped you out or not. Sorry if it didn't; it's just what I did with my bump thing.

If you go to a doctor, most likely they will give you some antibotics and tell you to take your piercing out.

Guest Liberi Fatali

I have some weird bump too in my left ear.. It's not noticeable tho.. And it hasn't grown bigger or anything since I've had it my whole entire life.

Guest MsFeng

i had a bump mysteriously appear like.. two days ago. i was scared if it was a keloid (still am) but ive had my cartilidge pierced for 2 months now. its kidna itchy.. so i keep telling myself its a bug bite. :mellow: can someone show a picture of what a keliod looks like or.. describe it.. :sweatingbullets:

I have that bump thing too! It's like 1-2 lil bump things on my lobes. Happened when I got my lobe pierced again. I don't think it's anything TOO seriously. at times it gets itchy but i don't think it can kill me LOL

Guest dream_weaver

get that sorted out asap. its mostly like a keloid from the floating cartilage-from the two gun piercings. they are illegal in england now. it will grow and fill with pus. i went to school with a girl who had two and they both swelled to the size of ping pong balls. being deadly serious.

could be a keloid or granuloma....keloid is a LOT worse though, so u better get it checked out...i got sth like that behind my left ear when i got my 3rd nd 4th piercings nd freaked out!! cuz it was really LUMPY....but if i pressd it hard enough it popped nd weeped....sooo u could try compressing it...otherwise, if its growing, go check it out!!! dont want a keloid now do u>.<

it could be a pimple.

i dunno, i've gotten little bump things in my ear lobe before...like a tiny little ball was put in there.

it might be there for a while, hurt, turn red.

i've popped them before and what comes out looks like a pimple, so that's what i think it is.

it should be fine, but if ur worried you can go to the doctor.

Archived