Breakdancing Vs Krump Dancing

LucasBunny

Ultimate dance off
Wow I saw this on cable the other day, the "so called" best break dancers in the world at the moment went up against the creators of the "Krump" style dancing.

It was soo cool, even though I have seen better break dancers

but it was off the hook.

So which style do u prefer

hehehe I love dancing, thas why I discuss it so much ;)

This a a famouse B-boy named Crumbs myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...5-8ea4-8d490401

His group Styles Effect has won many international competetions

they claim to be the best, but I have seen so much better, but they are really good though

Guest res0nate

Thanks for reminding me that that does not work w/asians or anyone else w/a lack of richard simmons.

Dancehall for life.

Guest StarCrystal

Krump.. = crunk?

I always keep thinking are having seizures if they dance like that.

Breakdancing is cool~ ^^ I like watching competitions with Bboys on YouTube.

Guest `faded

krumping is craaaaazy...I personally really love both..haha cause I watched "so you think you can dance" and the krumping was insane! so depends how well you do both the krumping and the break dancing..I love both..=D

Guest Gingging8

I have no idea what krump dancing is. Can somebody explain what krump dancing is?

I really like watching people who breakdance. My best friend's cousin won a competition in the Bay Area for breakdancing and she was the only girl in the competition. I saw her breakdance at my best friend's graduation party and it was amazing! It's fun to watch people breakdance. I wish I knew how to.

Guest foobie

I "breakdance" but it's actually called bboying. Believe it or not the best

powerheads in bboying are from Korea. Korean crews such as Rivers, Gamblers, Drifters, etc.

I'm not that great in bboying.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nNDUZ7Uzluw

Krumping is "A style of dancing consisting of various chest pops, stomps, and arm swings".

I'm guessing it's a Funk Style.

So I guess I prefer bboying better. :]

BTW: If you wanna see a Korean crew break (my fav. is Gambler) in a show, go to this link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_P6t9j9BWxw

I "breakdance" but it's actually called bboying. Believe it or not the best

powerheads in bboying are from Korea. Korean crews such as Rivers, Gamblers, Drifters, etc.

Krumping is "A style of dancing consisting of various chest pops, stomps, and arm swings".

I'm guessing it's a Funk Style.

So I guess I prefer bboying better. :]

BTW: If you wanna see a Korean crew break (my fav. is Gambler) in a show, go to this link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_P6t9j9BWxw

I knew someone was going to say that the best bboys were from Korea, which is not true

they have great bboys but certainly not the best

U see I don't breakdance, but I love all styles of dancing and I pay close attention

Those guys u showed were really good, but bboying has become popular in Korea, so some people automatically assume that they are the best, I have heard that numerouse times

Guest foobie

I knew someone was going to say that the best bboys were from Korea, which is not true

Right. I said powerheads though, which was what Korean bboys were known for.

But certainly, there are styleheads too and there are other great bboys (i.e Lilou,

Cico, etc) in different nations.

Guest nostalgiax

alright guys, Krumping and Clowning are relatively new urban dances from Souther California, and started around the ealry 90s. THey are inspired by African tribal dances, and has alot of energy in them. they are also featured in Miss Eliots video.

Bboyin, also, has alot of energy. with the acrobatics moves

but speaking of that video, thers a popper in it, name was FLame i beleive but popping name is Tommy Boy. in my opinion, Popping can take on both dance styles. Since it has ALOT of sub styles, and very versatile

Guest dabrain

lol .... the best powerheads ARE from korea ....

and in general they have the best crews and imo the most skilled single dancers ...

if u look at the results of the lasts botys u'll see that there are mainly korean crews (drifterz, gamblers, last for one, expressions etc.) in top3

http://www.battleoftheyear.net/worldwide/pastevents

ok .. lilou is good ... but bboys like physicx, baek, darkness or hong10 are better as far as power moves are concerned ...

jus watch some vids on youtube n u will know what i mean

a kinda famous battle between physicx n darkness ... not the best one though ...

Guest Stuntman

Krumpin is can get wild, but I prefer breakdancing. I used to be pretty good at it.

Anyways one of the best breakdancers to me is Mr. Wiggles. He choreographed for Usher and other artist. Here is his puppet routine.

He can dance a lot better than that though. But he was on an episode of MTV made, the one that had that asian kid who wanted to Bboy

Also Nam Hyun Joon is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cYWjQYd9U

lol .... the best powerheads ARE from korea ....

and in general they have the best crews and imo the most skilled single dancers ...

if u look at the results of the lasts botys u'll see that there are mainly korean crews (drifterz, gamblers, last for one, expressions etc.) in top3

http://www.battleoftheyear.net/worldwide/pastevents

ok .. lilou is good ... but bboys like physicx, baek, darkness or hong10 are better as far as power moves are concerned ...

jus watch some vids on youtube n u will know what i mean

a kinda famous battle between physicx n darkness ... not the best one though ...

U see, they've only been dominating for like 5yrs or something, just recently

whereas others have been dominmating longer than that, I watch bboying alot

and recently people know all the tricks, but sometimes they are not even excuting them properly.

Alot of Bboying I've seen recently looks so choreographed and unnatural.

Nam Hyun is mad good, yes he is, but I've seen crazier poppers

but he is better than alot of people also, heheheh I like Nam Hyun because he's so natural with it.

But all I see Nam Hyun do is pop and nothing else, and there is so much more to breakdancing than that.

Mr.Wiggles is the bomb yah crazy lol.

But back on topic, I used to think crump dancing was stupid, but I like it alot now, I think it's very unique

and cool if u know how to do it.

Hehehe check out Dragon, he's danced with Se7en and Chris Brown

he was in Se7en's "Crazy" mv and Chris Brown's "Yo"

He is one of the best.

• 1 month later...
Guest stellabella

U see I don't breakdance, but I love all styles of dancing and I pay close attention

Those guys u showed were really good, but bboying has become popular in Korea, so some people automatically assume that they are the best, I have heard that numerouse times

Actually LucasBunny, they are among the best bboys in the world. And it's not a new concept to Korea. You didn't state that but that's the message I'm getting.

Archived