Your Favorite Elders / Parents In Korean Dramas

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Who are your favorite elders / parents in korean dramas??? Here's my list..post your own list in this thread!!!

1. Madam Jung in Dae Jang Geum..she also played Ahn Jae Wook's rich grandma in Oh! Feel Young..popular!

2. Duk Goo & Seon Bi (Jang Geum's foster parents)..they're both dumb & funny at the same time..love them!

3. Kim Hye Sook (the mother of all Endless Love series)..she's seen everywhere in K-dramas & movies hehe

4. The mother of Kim Ha Neul in Romance, the mother of Kwon Sang Woo in STH & Han Jae Suk's aunt in AAE

5. The father of the young Kim Hyun Joo & Kim Ji Ho in Glass Shoes and Choi Ji Woo's father in STH..so kind!

6. Choi Ji Woo's stepmother in STH, Kim Tae Hee & Shin Hyun Joon's mother in STH too..so evil and witchy...

7. Kim Sung Min's father, mother and grandmother in Miss Mermaid..they're so adorable and funny in there...

8. Jae Hee's father and mother in Sassy Girl, Chunhyang..they're also both included in My Girl..very funny....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite has got to be Young Jae's Grandma in Full House. She is da BOMB.

I also love the Grandma in Goong. I love that she always can't help but laughing at Chae Gyung. And she's so soft spoken and sweet. Everyone's gramms should be like that.

Guest javabeans

I agree with the grandma in Full House. Every time I watch the scene where SHK tries to piggyback grandma and keeps dropping her, I can't stop laughing out loud, no matter how many times I've seen it before.

I LOVE the father in Choonhyang (Mong-Ryong's), and he's great in My Girl. Although I disliked Mong-Ryong's mother, since seeing her in My Girl (paired with the same husband!) I like her a lot more.

And Samsoon's scary mom is funny too -- plus HB is so cute when he's afraid of meeting her. Love to see the old ladies fighting in the restaurant where the mom gets drenched in water by the restaurant manager.

Guest treeesaa

My favorite has got to be Young Jae's Grandma in Full House. She is da BOMB.

I also love the Grandma in Goong. I love that she always can't help but laughing at Chae Gyung. And she's so soft spoken and sweet. Everyone's gramms should be like that.

lol those grandmas were the best! i loved the one in goong, her laughed always cracked me up. also choon hyang's grandma! lol she was hilarious as well. grandma's rock :lol:

I LOVE the father in Choonhyang (Mong-Ryong's), and he's great in My Girl. Although I disliked Mong-Ryong's mother, since seeing her in My Girl (paired with the same husband!) I like her a lot more.

yeah the mom annoyed the heck outta me, but i loved the dad

Go Soo's mother in Green Rose (she was also LYA's mother in Fireworks)

KDW's witty grandfather in 1% of Anything (he's also the witty grandfather in My Girl)

LBH's uncle in All In (he's also LYA's uncle/adopted father in Dae Jang Geum)

Guest missjaclyn

OMO..I totally love YoungJae's grandma!! She's lovely..n not forgetting to ShinGoon's grandma too.. n MongRyong parents especially his dad!! Remember his father partising slicing the apple over n over again?! ahahha..n all the scene where he is running after MongRyong!! Both of them r hilarious! Pairing them up in MyGirl is a blast too!!

EunSuh's mum is AIMH is such a sweet lady!

Has got to be Kim Soo Mi..from a 'tai-tai' mom of Jo InSung in 'WHIB'..(love the way she talks.. :P ) to The Matriach Maam in 'Marrying The Mafia 2/3' and the weirdoes/ajjumahs of 'Mapado'.. :D

Guest djoching

aside from the grandmas from FH and Goong and Mong Ryong's father, I also liked Jang Nara's father in Wedding... he's funny and loving....

Has got to be Kim Soo Mi..from a 'tai-tai' mom of Jo InSung in 'WHIB'..(love the way she talks.. :P ) to The Matriach Maam in 'Marrying The Mafia 2/3' and the weirdoes/ajjumahs of 'Mapado'.. :D

Yes... yes... yes! Kim Soo Mi is just so hilarious in MTM2.

JIS adores her (he dedicated his winning the Baeksang to her, if I'm not wrong), as well as SHJ... her son in MTM and Barefoot Kibong.

Madam Jung in Dae Jang Geum acted by Yeo Woon Kye, she was also wonderful in Bad Family keke together with Im Hyun Shik (Kang Dok Gu in DJG). I also like Kim Hye Ja (the grandmother in Goong & she was also like a main figure in Since I Met You). Other than that, I also like Joo Hyun (KTH's father in LSIH + the father in Wuri's Family), well he's such a cool daddy in LSIH, a single dad in LSIH but he brought her up well & his advices to her etc in the drama itself.

Guest lost_kim

kim sam soon's mom and sam shik's mother... those ladies were just too funny!! I'm also loving the grandmother in seven princesses...

Guest badhairday

Chae Rim's dad in All About Eve, he was so sweet to his daughter...

KSS's mom in MNIKSS. She's so hilarious and cool.

Archived